Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots (3464 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by tkb417(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
lmao

is this about Arsenal and Man United? grin grin grin
den don come again o

@gaynners
You guys shld sit down and choose those tht will be contributing to intelligent convos from ur camp cos you lots parade the dumbest murfckers on planet earth

HNIC, 40boi, kay Pumping, Debosky please address this issue

we dont want some illiterates responding to convos like this. it rubs off on guys like ya

ok? make una no vex o
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
tkb417:

lmao

is this about Arsenal and Man United? grin grin grin
den don come again o

@gaynners
You guys shld sit down and choose those tht will be contributing to intelligent convos from your camp cos you lots parade the dumbest murfckers on planet earth

HNIC, 40boi, kay Pumping, Debosky please address this issue

we dont want some illiterates responding to convos like this. it rubs off on guys like ya

ok? make una no vex o

U dey craze. . .
Let me ask you a question,will you be this vitriolic if Yakubu(or any Nigerian player) gave us a helping hand in to the world cup?I know it's hard but give honesty a shot wink

No one had said what Henry did is commendable(it is condemnable),but the way you lots make it seem as if it is an unprecedented outta this world show of shame is ludicrous.The media frenzy is riduculous.

This is an Irish man's (Robbie Keane) take on it

'We’ve even had English managers being interviewed about it. As if they are bothered.

Do you think they were lying awake the other night worrying about Ireland? It’s nonsense. If it was England do you think I would be worried? I wouldn’t be.'
Keane pointed out that controversial decisions also went Ireland's way in the qualifying campaign, not least a harsh penalty award against Georgia which helped them to claim a 2-1 qualifying win in February.

'There was one match against Georgia where Ireland got a penalty and it was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen which changed the whole course of the game.

'I don't remember the FAI after the game saying we should give them a replay.'

'Would I call Henry a cheat? No, I don’t think so. Did he bend the rules a little bit? Yes, but we see cheating going on all the time in games. It could be hand-ball or it could be diving. The game’s full of it. Of course it should be stopped but it’s FIFA who have to do it.

'What can you or I do about it? Drop them an email? I’ve been amazed at the commotion over the last few days. They’re going on about Henry’s hand-ball – and of course he handled it – but I’d focus on why they didn’t clear it.'

I rest ma case make i steal your line grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by A40(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2009
No be fight Bros. It is what it is! Teams benefit from these things all the time. The fact that this thread has been started by a Scummie and is directed at an ex-gunner gives me all the evidence i need to deduce that there is an ulterior motive attached to it. If Ronaldo,Rooney or Scholes does this yall would blame the ref not the player. Johnny Evans went Jean Claude Van Damme on Drogba and Drogba coulda ended up like Marc Vivien Foe but i didnt see any thread from Scummies condemning the act now i ask which is worse almost killing another player or handling a ball? Some of y'all are being Pharissee about this issue and its irritating
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by tkb417(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
KAYYYYYYY angry angry angry

This isnt about Henry totally. Im not just comfortable the deed came from him and oh yeah, his rants after the game about the incident is stupid. He shld have kept quiet or say somethin more sensible.

Truly, this happens everytime and it could have been Rooney or Berbatov.

My problem is FIFA and Platini
they were the same set up that banned Eduardo for cheating and now they saw the outcome of a game changed by a moronic REF they appointed; and oh yeah they are not talking about it.

why?

Henry, Ruud, Ronaldo can try to cheat of course but why do we have FIFA?
isnt it crazy if Players can attempt to cheat and not get caught

Its on CNN now as im typin
Sarkozy and Henry have called for a reply and FIFA is saying NO
why? they said cos the decision of the REF cannot be changed shocked shocked shocked
is that sensible?

now the hullabaloo is on Henry sponsorship deals; some people are clamouring for his deals to be cancelled although Gillette has come to say they are standing by him

i swear, if FIFA are not shameless, they shld do something about this

FIFA shld be taken to court grin grin

A-40:

No be fight Bros. It is what it is! Teams benefit from these things all the time. The fact that this thread has been started by a Scummie and is directed at an ex-gunner gives me all the evidence i need to deduce that there is an ulterior motive attached to it. If Ronaldo,Rooney or Scholes does this yall would blame the ref not the player. Johnny Evans went Jean Claude Van Damme on Drogba and Drogba coulda ended up like Marc Vivien Foe but i didnt see any thread from Scummies condemning the act now i ask which is worse almost killing another player or handling a ball? Some of y'all are being Pharissee about this issue and its irritating
lol
yeah, and you guys didnt let us rest
now we are doing the same thing to u guys

meaning we are all hypocrites abi
lol
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ tkb417,

Stop belabouring the obvious. . . . . .GAYnners are eternal hypocrites.

Thierry Henry is a flaming CHEAT. . . . . .Even his country men have condemned his irresponsible behaviour.
They'd rather not go to South Africa than cheating to get in there at the expense of Ireland.

Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by HNIC(m): 3:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
Damien Duff has said if it had been him or Keane at the other end they probably would have done the same thing,
BUT. . . . . . . . .
His question,just like mine is :
WHY DIDN'T THE REFEREE SEE IT?

what else can TITI do?
He's offered a replay and FIFA still says no
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
HNIC:

Damien Duff has said if it had been him or Keane at the other end they probably would have done the same thing,
BUT. . . . . . . . .
His question,just like mine is :
WHY DIDN'T THE REFEREE SEE IT?

what else can TITI do?
He's offered a replay and FIFA still says no

In 1997 Robbie Fowler unsuccessfully pleaded with the referee to rescind the award of a penalty to Liverpool at Highbury after the whistle had been blown for a perceived foul on him by David Seaman.

In 2000, while playing for West Ham, Paolo Di Canio stopped play by catching the ball when he saw that the opposition's goalkeeper, Paul Gerrard of Everton, was lying helpless in the penalty area after twisting his knee while clearing the ball.

Last March, during a Romanian first division match between Rapid Bucharest and Otelul Galati, Costin Lazar of Rapid refused to take a penalty because he did not believe he had been fouled, and eventually the official agreed with him.

This same cheating bastard complained about CHEATING against Barcelona in the 2006 Champions League final.
Whether you like it or not, Henry is a bloody hypocrite and a disciple of Arsene Wenger.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by A40(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
Interprete it anyway you want Boss but if some of y'all could cheer Evans for attempted murder then what are we here criticizing Thierry Henry for?
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
tkb417:

KAYYYYYYY angry angry angry

This isnt about Henry totally. Im not just comfortable the deed came from him and oh yeah, his rants after the game about the incident is stupid. He shld have kept quiet or say somethin more sensible.

Truly, this happens everytime and it could have been Rooney or Berbatov.

My problem is FIFA and Platini
they were the same set up that banned Eduardo for cheating and now they saw the outcome of a game changed by a moronic REF they appointed; and oh yeah they are not talking about it.

why?

Henry, Ruud, Ronaldo can try to cheat of course but why do we have FIFA?
isnt it crazy if Players can attempt to cheat and not get caught

Its on CNN now as im typin
Sarkozy and Henry have called for a reply and FIFA is saying NO
why? they said cos the decision of the REF cannot be changed shocked shocked shocked
is that sensible?

now the hullabaloo is on Henry sponsorship deals; some people are clamouring for his deals to be cancelled although Gillette has come to say they are standing by him

i swear, if FIFA are not shameless, they shld do something about this

FIFA shld be taken to court grin grin

Now your stand is less ambiguos but pray tell Toks,don't you think FIFA will be creating a behemoth if the heed is taken to the call for replay?
Russia is asking for one now as we speak,even Egypt is threatening to withdraw from Int'l football based on the fact they just love to be heard.Heck we will have go back to get a replay for Ire vs Georgia cos the referee was wrong in giving Ireland a penalty. . .
Please read this article,i think it captures things i would have said more vividly and accurately. wink

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1229394/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Its-simple-let-s-force-honesty-game.html

I am all for stamping cheats out of footall,but definately not by ways of replays.

And as per Henry and Sarkozy,let em just shut up already.Replay ko,pre-intimacy ni.

One thing though,the backlash will be felt by les bleus in SA,that i can assure them.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:
l
I am all for stamping cheats out of footall,but definately not by ways of replays.

And as per Henry and Sarkozy,let em just shut up already.Replay ko,pre-intimacy ni.

One thing though,the backlash will be felt by les bleus in SA,that i can assure them.

If this was a league game, we woulda been consoled that shit evens out through out the season.
But this was a world cup qualifier. Nothing can console Ireland for the next 4 years. . . .so i think a REPLAY is the best way of dealing with it.

FIFA preach fair-play all the time. Even clubs with the best fair play records are automatically qualified for Europa League so what are we saying here. FIFA should practice what they preach and that is BANNING Henry for 4 International games and RULE a replay.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by A40(m): 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
@Tkb
Interprete it anyway you want Boss i won't haggle about who the bigger hypocrites all i would say is remove the log from your eye before reaching out for the speck in mine. I didn't see any Scummie complain when C.Ron was diving his way to EPL Titles for Man Utd when Utd where getting all them crazy decisions at Ojoro Trafford i didn't see y'all telling your players to tell the ref how to do his job
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
A-40:

@Tkb
Interprete it anyway you want Boss i won't haggle about who the bigger hypocrites all i would say is remove the log from your eye before reaching out for the speck in mine. I didn't see any Scummie complain when C.Ron was diving his way to EPL Titles for Man Utd when Utd where getting all them crazy decisions at Ojoro Trafford i didn't see y'all telling your players to tell the ref how to do his job
??
CR7 dives shey
Eduardo dived and got banned. nothing is peculiar to any club

what we are discussin today is a case of how a young man cheated to get his country qualified

this isnt about UTD and Arsenal is it?
why arent Barca fans talking or am i missing something

hilarious i swear
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Cristalz(f): 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ritchboy, insulting parents attracts a ban. Quit it.

If you cannot argue without resorting to personal insults, don't argue at all.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Cristalz(f): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
Heck, apparently you guys have been having a parental insult contest.
Okay, offending posts are going to disappear.

After I clean, Eastbay and Ritchboy, if y'all don't quit squabbling and act like the mature guys you both usually are, won't be funny.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by A40(m): 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
Lol TKB dem don ban you? Point of correction Eduardo was wrongly accused for diving UEFA recognized their folly and promptly revoked the ban. This is an issue because a Scummie opened the thread and therefore his intentions are not noble whether it is done under the guise of national team or WC Qualification does not really matter! If every dodgy call got debated on Nairaland via creation of threads we would have to pay to post on NL because Seun would need all that gwap for storage space and storage servers. You guys remind me of people that go to burials and cry more than the bereaved sef
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
A-40:

Lol TKB dem don ban you? Point of correction Eduardo was wrongly accused for diving UEFA recognized their folly and promptly revoked the ban. This is an issue because a Scummie opened the thread and therefore his intentions are not noble whether it is done under the guise of national team or WC Qualification does not really matter! If every dodgy call got debated on Nairaland via creation of threads we would have to pay to post on NL because Seun would need all that gwap for storage space and storage servers. You guys remind me of people that go to burials and cry more than the bereaved sef
check this " this is outta ma hands, i think the fairest thing to do is for the game to be replayed"
thats my prob with Henry. Not the handball perse

Hes saying rubbish. he shld shut up. why did he touch the ball if he didnt mean to?

now FIFA has banned the REF from talking about the game

These are my issues. Ive got no issue with Arsenal although u guys are the biggest supplier of cheats globally grin grin

den don ban me o
wetin i go do? i get life outside NL so it doesnt bother me jare
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by A40(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hahaha TKB we are in a military administration bros and our Administrators are prolly power-drunk

You guys should let it go! France are WC bound Henry would not be banned
And yeah its all about Arsenal because no Scummie has actually placed the blame squarely on the refs who where sleeping on duty and when it comes to cheating Utd players and Sir Alex are the grandmasters at it i have never seen a Utd player try to correct a ref after any dubious penalty or sending off. You are so used to it your semi septugenarian coach throws tantrums like a teen on her menses when decisions don't go his way
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by ritchboy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2009
Cristalz
i thunk u waz on vacation cheesy
but eastbay started it. . . u of all people should know i have a hattrick of halos on my head grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
ritchboy:

Cristalz
i thunk u waz on vacation cheesy
but eastbay started it. . . u of all people should know i have a hattrick of halos on my head grin
we all know ure a goat tongue

A-40:

Hahaha TKB we are in a military administration bros and our Administrators are prolly power-drunk

You guys should let it go! France are WC bound Henry would not be banned
And yeah its all about Arsenal because no Scummie has actually placed the blame squarely on the refs who where sleeping on duty and when it comes to cheating Utd players and Sir Alex are the grandmasters at it i have never seen a Utd player try to correct a ref after any dubious penalty or sending off. You are so used to it your semi septugenarian coach throws tantrums like a teen on her menses when decisions don't go his way
hehehe

i don tire for u. nyways, i just want the game to be replayed in zurich, in front of FIFA president i swear

its too tough for those irish guys to handle
its sad.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by ritchboy(m): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
Tkb
sharrrap! cheesy
the irish didnt find it hard to take when the most idio.tic decision in the history of football gave them a win in the group stage. NONSENSE grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
ritchboy:

Tkb
sharrrap! cheesy
the irish didnt find it hard to take when the most idio.tic decision in the history of football gave them a win in the group stage. NONSENSE grin
lololol
so ure saying its comeuppance shey?

nyways, thts ma last on this issue
u gayyners will not let us rest

cant we open a thread genuinely abi una dey crase grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
ritchboy:

Tkb
sharrrap! cheesy

How can you compare the group stage to what happened on Wednesday?

Ireland was leading in Paris FFS and were bang on to win via penalties cos of Shay Given's brilliance.
It's a terrible blow for them that they didn't qualify because of a spastic referee/line assistants plus a cheating Thierry Henry.
Anyways, UEFA can only get away with it cos it's IRELAND. . . . . . .They dare not try such with ENGLAND.

Heads would ROLL.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
they wont try it with England
the world cup will be postponed grin grin grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
sleek417:

Rooney will drop-kick the referee and i trust Ashley Cole to slap the line assistants.
Chelsea fans and GAYnners who are English woulda started the internet threat schiznit. grin grin grin grin

The guy that gave Drogba the red card in Camp Nou is still hiding from the public cos a price was placed on his neck.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Uche2nna(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

The guy that gave Drogba the red card in Camp Nou is still hiding from the public cos a price was placed on his neck.

grin

Did anyone see Roy Keane's interview about this Ireland/France saga? Very interesting what the guy had to say.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
damn
Roy Keane is lambasting his country o shocked shocked shocked
He talked about the game against Georgia, he asked wht the defenders and the keeper were doing to allow the ball bounce in the 6 yard box, he talked about the numerous chances missed.

he said they lost cos they didnt take their chances and the integrity of the game will not be affected an inch

now its confirmed Roy keane shld be poisoned

chei!! what a load of poppycocks
wow

Wenger and SAF are talkin too
this is interesting

apparently, nobody is blaming Henry
chei!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Rooney will drop-kick the referee and i trust Ashley Cole to slap the line assistants.
Chelsea fans and GAYnners who are English woulda started the internet threat schiznit. grin grin grin grin

lmao
i swear. FIFA and UEFA dey look well well b4 den fck up grin
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
Uche2nna:

grin
Did anyone see Roy Keane's interview about this Ireland/France saga?  Very interesting what the guy had to say.

Roy Keane has always been like that. He does not like the FAI.
Didn't he walk out of the National team in Korea/Japan 2001??  His logic is flawed.

The focus should be on the handball incident!!!
Henry admitted touching the ball and he has even called for a REPLAY. . . .so Keano should shut up.

Thierry Henry's wikipedia. . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thierry_Henry&oldid=326715091
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Uche2nna(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
sleek417:

damn
Roy Keane is lambasting his country o shocked shocked shocked
He talked about the game against Georgia,

Its common knowledge that there is no love lost between Roy Keane and the Irish FA but he has a point with the game against Georgia. Now Georgia would feel that they also deserve a replay. grin

Forget about the replay, it is never gonna happen. FIFA would rather want France to be in the world cup than the fiesty Irish lads. More reason why they even went to the seeding procedure in the first place.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

How can you compare the group stage to what happened on Wednesday?
Statements like this are the reason i think this thread is biased and ludicrous. .
Does it matter at what stage a player/teams benefits from cheating?
Pray tell,how do you qualify for knock out /play off  with bad results from group stage?

Ireland was leading in Paris FFS and were bang on to win via penalties cos of Shay Given's brilliance.
Conjectures!Unpardonable and nonsensical clairvoyance.I expect more logical statement from you mate.

It's a terrible blow for them that they didn't qualify because of a spastic referee/line assistants plus a cheating Thierry Henry.
Yeah the same cheating Henry stopped Ireland from burying their chances.These stuffs happens in footall week in week out. . .a wrong free-kick call that leads to a goal. . .a karate kick that keeps an opponent's best player out of action for 3 weeks. . .etc  grin

Anyways, UEFA can only get away with it cos it's IRELAND. . . . . . .They dare not try such with ENGLAND.
Please remind me the country that conceeded that had of God goal in 86  grin

Heads would ROLL.
Says a certain Gbenga behind the screen of his laptop.Suffice to say he has no say in the grand scheme of things.I laugh in Platini and Sepp. grin

sleek417:

Is this Tokz  shocked shocked Got into fight with who this time around?
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by ritchboy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sauron
Ireland didnt make the playoffs by miracle. . . the group stage is what got them there. The fact they were on the receiving end of the last bad call doesnt make it any worse than the first.

Tkb
are u drunk again? cheesy
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 5:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
Can anything good come outta Nazareth? YES

Roy Keane's interview just made my day!  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Merry Bet Is Fastest Paying Online Sport Betting Company In Nigeria / Manchester United Fans Whatapp Group / Ghana U23 Vs. Nigeria U23 (dream Team)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.