Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots (3465 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
Is this Tokz Got into fight with who this time around?
lol; the criticism of the UTD Everton game got me a ban grin grin grin

how nice. hehehehe

ritchboy:

Sauron
Ireland didnt make the playoffs by miracle. . . the group stage is what got them there. The fact they were on the receiving end of the last bad call doesnt make it any worse than the first.

Tkb
are u drunk again? cheesy
not yet, why are u askin? are u high on weed urself cheesy
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Statements like this are the reason i think this thread is biased and ludicrous. .
Does it matter at what stage a player/teams benefits from cheating?
Pray tell,how do you qualify for knock out /play off  with bad results from group stage?

Yes. . . . .It does.
Georgia were never going to the world cup. Cheat here, cheat there wouldn't have changed their luck.
What Henry did was despicable, classless and he should be BANNED for 2 years.

Conjectures!Unpardonable and nonsensical clairvoyance.I expect more logical statement from you mate.

U call it nonsensical clairvoyance. . . . . .I call it brilliant hindsight.
There's a reason GAYnners are spastic and you are just building a case to support the claim.

Yeah the same cheating Henry stopped Ireland from burying their chances.These stuffs happens in footall week in week out. . .a wrong free-kick call that leads to a goal. . .a karate kick that keeps an opponent's best player out of action for 3 weeks. . .etc  grin

The circumstances surrounding this game was different to the football week in week out y'all are ranting about.
If Henry had done this to score France's 5th goal on the night, no one would bat an eyelid cos it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Please remind me the country that conceeded that had of God goal in 86  grin

Hand of God was different. Referee couldn't have seen that in real time.
Henry did not handle it once. . . . .It was TWICE and he was all alone. . . . . .No goalie or opposing player was contesting the ball.
There's no way the match officials would lie that they didn't see the incident.  UEFA just wanted France to qualify ahead of ROI.

Says a certain Gbenga behind the screen of his laptop.Suffice to say he has no say in the grand scheme of things.I laugh in Platini and Sepp. grin

This is the UK. The opinion of the common man on the streets counts more than the people in power.
UEFA are lucky this didn't happen against England. Then you woulda known the power of the media/internet.
How did Ronaldo lose his best young player award to Podolski? How did Liverpool play in the UCL despite finishing 5th on the EPL?

Is this Tokz  shocked shocked Got into fight with who this time around?

This is Zkot!!!
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Uche2nna(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Georgia were never going to the world cup. Cheat here, cheat there wouldn't have changed their luck.

grin grin grin grin

That reeks of double standard,

It is ok to get a controversial decision go against the Georgian national team but not the Irish team  undecided

Georgia were never going to the world cup,  they might as well be saved the trouble of playing the qualifiers
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
Uche2nna:

grin grin grin grin

It is ok to get a controversial decision go against the Georgian national team but not the Irish team  undecided

Georgia were never going to the world cup,  they might as well be saved the trouble of playing the qualifiers

Many soccer buffs have told UEFA to put the less talented countries into one group so the best of the lot can at least qualify.
Putting Azerbaijan, Georgia, San Marino and Faroe Islands against BIG teams is the double standard here.
Only a complete dork would expect Andorra to qualify ahead of England and Croatia in a group.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yes. . . . .It does.
Dude quit already. . .Georgia were NEVER going to world cup?Are you on some see-the-future weed?
So 'cos they are a minnow team,they SHOULD be cheated?

U call it nonsensical clairvoyance. . . . . .I call it brilliant hindsight.
There's a reason GAYnners are spastic and you are just building a case to support the claim.
Your Ireland coulda won the penalty and Georgia will never qualify for the world cup posts are the reasons i think you are a case study for the disadvantages of cheap drugs consumption.

The circumstances surrounding this game was different to the football week in week out y'all are ranting about.
If Henry had done this to score France's 5th goal on the night, no one would bat an eyelid cos it wouldn't have changed the outcome.
And i think this where i have a TOTALLY different disposition to cheating.While you think cheating should be allowed against some teams and at some stage/time in football,i say "SHOOT" the cheats irrespective of who they do it against and when they do it.

Hand of God was different. Referee couldn't have seen that in real time.
Henry did not handle it once. . . . .It was TWICE and he was all alone. . . . . .No goalie or opposing player was contesting the ball.
There's no way the match officials would lie that they didn't see the incident.  UEFA just wanted France to qualify ahead of ROI.
Until you provide an empirical proof,i will take this an one of those jokes you crack when you want to play the devil's advocate.

This is the UK. The opinion of the common man on the streets counts more than the people in power.
UEFA are lucky this didn't happen against England. Then you woulda known the power of the media/internet.
How did Ronaldo lose his best young player award to Podolski? How did Liverpool play in the UCL despite finishing 5th on the EPL?
Stop making it seems as if England has never been at the receiving end of wrong calls and have UEFA at the jugular abeg.So why didn't they get a replay with all these assumed power when Maradon handed them defeat?

This is Zkot!!!
 undecided Stay off drug mate.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Uche2nna(m): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Many soccer buffs have told UEFA to put the less talented countries into one group so the best of the lot can at least qualify.

Nice!!!

But the flip side to that will be that all the strong teams will now find themselves in the same group. We might as well have the world cup played in the qualifying stages too.

And by the way that was not even the bone of contention.

Georgia was leading Ireland by a goal in Ireland. No-one handled the ball (and the player that was penalised was actually outside the box) and the ref decided to award a penalty to the Irish. Should Georgia request a replay then?  undecided What goes around comes around.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
Uche2nna:

grin grin grin grin

It is ok to get a controversial decision go against the Georgian national team but not the Irish team  undecided

Georgia were never going to the world cup,  they might as well be saved the trouble of playing the qualifiers
I tire o.If the teams are that useless why cheat against them? undecided And to say Georgia were leading in Ireland before that controversial penalty that Keane converted.
I thought i have read it all on NL until i read that.Pseeew.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Uche2nna(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Leave Henry alone abeg grin grin The guy don apologise now, what more do u want from him undecided

By the way, the only difference between what Henry and Robbie did was that Robbie got caught and Henry escaped grin So the Irish shouldn't play the innocent card here.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Dude quit already. . .Georgia were NEVER going to world cup?Are you on some see-the-future weed?
So 'cos they are a minnow team,they SHOULD be cheated?

Whether they are cheated or not. . . . . .They can never be in a World Cup.
Letz call a spade a spade.

Your Ireland coulda won the penalty and Georgia will never qualify for the world cup posts are the reasons i think you are a case study for the disadvantages of cheap drugs consumption.

Penalty shoot-out is 50-50. Yes, Ireland were bang on to win if it had resulted to a shoot-out.
Their goalie is excellent and better than the French Clitoris. grin grin

And i think this where i have a TOTALLY different disposition to cheating.While you think cheating should be allowed against some teams and at some stage/time in football,i say "SHOOT" the cheats irrespective of who they do it against and when they do it.

U must be high on placenta juice.
SHOOT the cheats? So why are you here defending Henry?

Until you provide an empirical proof,i will take this an one of those jokes you crack when you want to play the devil's advocate.

SKYSPORTS proved it on Thursday Morning.
The line of sight of the referee and the line assistants were drawn and best believe it, they saw the incident.

Stop making it seems as if England has never been at the receiving end of wrong calls and have UEFA at the jugular abeg.So why didn't they get a replay with all these assumed power when Maradon handed them defeat?

That was a different circumstance.
Maradona scored with his hand, then scored a brilliant goal later to make it 2-0.
England didn't start playing well until Maradona's 2nd goal and they made it 2-1.

Henry's incident happened few minutes to the end of the game.
ROI had no time to put up a fight and equalise or change their tactics. That is their PAIN.
And to make it worse, they would have to wait another 4 years. Feel the difference, GAYnner.

undecided Stay off drug mate.

When u quit the placenta juice, i will stay off the Vicodin.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by kaypumpin2(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Whether they are cheated or not. . . . . .They can never be in a World Cup.
Letz call a spade a spade.
Who woulda expected Argentina,Nigeria and Portugal to have a hard time qualifying?If we go by your stance,why didn't the whole Continental Football bodies just hand pick the strong teams and start a world cup without the qualifiers?

Penalty shoot-out is 50-50. Yes, Ireland were bang on to win if it had resulted to a shoot-out.
Their goalie is excellent and better than the French Clitoris. grin grin
The highlighted is the reason you shouldn't have continued with your other faux pas.

U must be high on placenta juice.
SHOOT the cheats? So why are you here defending Henry?
Are you in Serbia presently?You seem to know how best placenta juice works.
Plus kindly quote where i supported Henry.Henry cheated but it's not unprecedented but i dare say the media frenzy is.What makes u feel France wouldn't be ousted via same "controversy" in SA?It's football mate,these things happen.ROI should move on.

SKYSPORTS proved it on Thursday Morning.
The line of sight of the referee and the line assistants were drawn and best believe it, they saw the incident.
The problem i have with conspiracy theorist like you and those imbeciles in SKY is they prove what they want to.Pray tell,how does UEFA know Henry will handle the ball?How was the whole move orchestrated?The same ref and his cronies denied France a penalty when they had a less controversial chance to, "rob" ROI,so what gives?

That was a different circumstance.
Maradona scored with his hand, then scored a brilliant goal later to make it 2-0.
England didn't start playing well until Maradona's 2nd goal and they made it 2-1.
The way you were going as if Queens Elizaeth owns UEFA and FIFA,i coulda bet they can force a replay if it can ONLY be proved the grass is not green enough for 3-lions to play on.

Henry's incident happened few minutes to the end of the game.
ROI had no time to put up a fight and equalise or change their tactics. That is their PAIN.
And to make it worse, they would have to wait another 4 years. Feel the difference, GAYnner.
There is no PAIN to feel that has not been felt before.ROI should move on.The way their govt is even getting involved is pathetic.

When u quit the placenta juice, i will stay off the Vicodin.
grin grin I can't for now,i am using it to massage a sored throat. tongue
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by Sauron1: 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Who woulda expected Argentina,Nigeria and Portugal to have a hard time qualifying?If we go by your stance,why didn't the whole Continental Football bodies just hand pick the strong teams and start a world cup without the qualifiers?

To make more money. . . . .It ain't rocket science.

The highlighted is the reason you shouldn't have continued with your other faux pas.

There was no faux pas.
The momentum was with Ireland who had prevented the French from scoring on their own soil.

Are you in Serbia presently?You seem to know how best placenta juice works.

You are displaying the symptoms of a person drunk on the juice. grin

Plus kindly quote where i supported Henry.Henry cheated but it's not unprecedented but i dare say the media frenzy is.What makes u feel France wouldn't be ousted via same "controversy" in SA?It's football mate,these things happen.ROI should move on.

This logic is flawed.
The law must be enforced at a point. Female Circumcision is now a CRIME.
They started somewhere and when the culprits were caught. . . . . .they did not cite unprecedented schitzo as their defense.
Let the law be enforced with Henry to deter other cheats/rogues Arsene Wenger has trained in his boot-camp at the Emirates.

The problem i have with conspiracy theorist like you and those imbeciles in SKY is they prove what they want to.Pray tell,how does UEFA know Henry will handle the ball?How was the whole move orchestrated?The same ref and his cronies denied France a penalty when they had a less controversial chance to, "rob" ROI,so what gives?

It was inconclusive. The referee had to be sure it was a penalty before he coulda given it.
Don't compare choppy penalty incidents to a deliberate handball. Normally, Henry shoulda walked for deliberately using his hand to assist a goal.

The way you were going as if Queens Elizaeth owns UEFA and FIFA,i coulda bet they can force a replay if it can ONLY be proved the grass is not green enough for 3-lions to play on.

England would force a REPLAY.
Football is a religion for these cats. . . . . . .They will flood the internet and stage a protest if need be.

There is no PAIN to feel that has not been felt before.ROI should move on.The way their govt is even getting involved is pathetic.

Easy for you to talk.
U cried for months when Cameroun won a penalty shoot-out against the Eagles after Ikpeba's attempt had crossed the line.

grin grin I can't for now,i am using it to massage a sored throat. tongue

I see.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2009
World Cup - Henry: Replay fairest solution
France captain Thierry Henry has admitted the Republic of Ireland deserve to have qualified for the World Cup finals and that the fairest solution would be to replay their controversial play-off.

Henry's double handball in the build up to William Gallas's equaliser saw Les Bleus win through to next summer's tournament 2-1 on aggregate.

The incident has caused uproar in the footballing world and led to accusations that Henry's perceived 'cheating' has damaged the image of the game.

Calls from the Irish camp for a replay have fallen on deaf ears at FIFA, but Henry claims that he is in favour of a rematch.

"Naturally I feel embarrassed at the way that we won and feel extremely sorry for the Irish who definitely deserve to be in South Africa," said Henry.

"Of course the fairest solution would be to replay the game but it is not in my control.

"I have said at the time and I will say again that yes I handled the ball. I am not a cheat and never have been.

"It was an instinctive reaction to a ball that was coming extremely fast in a crowded penalty area.

"As a footballer you do not have the luxury of the television to slow the pace of the ball down 100 times to be able to make a conscious decision.

"People are viewing a slow motion version of what happened and not what I or any other footballer faces in the game.

"If people look at it in full speed you will see that it was an instinctive reaction.

"It is impossible to be anything other than that. I have never denied that the ball was controlled with my hand. I told the Irish players, the referee and the media this after the game.

"There is little more I can do apart from admit that the ball had contact with my hand leading up to our equalising goal and I feel very sorry for the Irish."

In a statement on the FAI website, Repubic of Ireland captain Robbie Keane welcomed Henry's comments and called upon the French Football Federation to grant both skippers' requests for the match to be replayed.

"On behalf of the Republic of Ireland players, I would like to thank Thierry Henry for his statement this afternoon (Friday) that in his opinion a replay would be the fairest option," Keane said.

"As captain of the French team, to make such a statement took courage and honour, and all of us recognise that. As captain of the Republic of Ireland team, I would also be happy for a replay to happen in the interest of fair play so that whichever team qualifies, can do so with their heads held high.

"We can only hope that the French Football Federation might accept the wishes of both captains in the best interests of the game."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20112009/58/world-cup-henry-replay-fairest-solution.html

How very convenient. . . . just after FIFA has ruled a "no rematch!"
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by RuuDie(m): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2009
I cited an example here that involved a good deed by a frenchman and arsenal football club. . . . I'd still be up in arms even if it was SAF that did what TH12 did.

so starting this thread has got nothing to do with TH12 personally, my own personal club affiliations or TH12's long-terminated affiliation to Arsenal FC - Barca fans are not shouting, wonder why it is gooners that are creating so much furore!

If you feel TH12 actions are justified - fine, state your cogent reasons and don't turn it into a UTD v Arsenal brawl.
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by IYANGBALI: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2009
"During matches, decisions are taken by the referee and these decisions are final. As a result, the result of the match cannot be changed and the match cannot be replayed.

"The FIFA decision is binding and applies to both federations

BYE                                                                BYE                                                             2010
Re: Ireland vs France WCQ Play-off: Your Thots by A40(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
You people would soon take overdose of Phensic for another man's headache. Even the Irish have stopped crying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Merry Bet Is Fastest Paying Online Sport Betting Company In Nigeria / Manchester United Fans Whatapp Group / Ghana U23 Vs. Nigeria U23 (dream Team)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.