Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66544 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
KaBabs1:
Hello bibi294,

I like your story. I wonder if you're free, I would like you to write for me at a fee. The story is a children fiction and it's just 5k words. I can provide you with samples to guide you in case you've never written anything like it. If interested contact me at adeyinkaa9 @ g mail. com
Mind if u drop your WhatsApp contact
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
So for not updating... No light in my area... Will do DAT soon.. Love u all
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by KaBabs1: 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bibi294:

Mind if u drop your WhatsApp contact

08026… .., let's talk
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by IecheM(m): 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
BiBi Am Enjoying This Piece,
I commend your work.. Welldone
Please update frequently don't keep us waiting.
Thanks
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Debbiesmart(f): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
im folowin dix story..xo dnt dump us
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2017
KaBabs1:
Hello bibi294,

I like your story. I wonder if you're free, I would like you to write for me at a fee. The story is a children fiction and it's just 5k words. I can provide you with samples to guide you in case you've never written anything like it. If interested contact me at adeyinkaa9 @ g mail. com

Checkout my works... I can epp wink
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2017
Happy new year and morning to y'all. I've been sick and had to travel down to my parents.... Updates are coming soon.... Stay tuned
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
I could not enter my house before I rushed down to Fiwasaye's shop, I stopped and paid Mama Sikira my debt and also Bello. Bello was the mei tea at my junction.I would buy tea, noodles and bread and package it inside either Captain cook, Take away or chicken republic nylon. Don't ask me where I got them, I could be lucky to eat lunch there once in few months but to my neighbours, I eat there everyday! Fake life was the best to me! A lot of people accorded me with respect because I knew how best to"package" myself.
On getting to Fiwa's shop, I greeted her and handed her the sum of five thousand naira.
"Corporate Ashawo, wetin b dis"
"Stop calling me that! You have customers now" I replied angrily.
"No one is listening"
"Does that matters, walls have ears"
"Where you c money"
"How much am I owing"
" 3,765"
"Who's spending #5 in this period"
"You still have 1,235"
"Keep the change" I replied feeling fly
"Riri, who have you money"
"Iwa, you won't believe I'll be getting married soon" pardon me readers, In the "packaging" business, there is something you must know how to do well, it's "lying"... I, Aderinola can sell the whole Nigeria with lies. I' was born,bred and buttered in " LIES". My father could lie and my mother was always his witness so as we, the children.
"Who will marrying our Almighty corporate..."
"Shut it!" I shut her off
"Who is marrying our Riri" she asked rolling her eyes. She knew all my tactics, she was the torn in my flesh. She knew me better than my parents and she rolling her eyes meant one thing, She does not believe me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Missmossy(f): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Interesting, keep it coming grin

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
i was going to okokomaiko..Xo i decided 2 branch ergringrin..nice stowie dear nd kip it coming..ule yeyegringrin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2017
aunt bibi...Comman update us na undecided
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 10:11am On Jan 11, 2017
I left Fiwa's shop and took a bike to Chuks, my makeup customer at the market. I was owing him the total sum of #550 which I paid and bought my loose powder and some essentials.(if you will agree with me: as either a makeup artist, or a makeup lover,never take more than you've budgeted to a makeup shop/studio or else you end up spending more than you have? I got some foodstuffs and soup ingredients and when I got home that evening, I had less than #2000. I was nervous that I could not sleep all through the night expecting Shina's cal which seems like a dream not coming true. I was home the next day after feigning sick to my neighbours. I decided against calling Shina and the day ended without a call or visit from him.I was disappointed throughout the week not seeing Shina and after a whole week of mourning Shina, I chose to move on. I dusted my CV and my trekking shoes and went back to the street. I was working down the street of GRA one hot Thursday afternoon lost in my own thoughts when a red car stopped by,at first I paid less attention to the car and walked passed it until the driver horned, I stopped to look at the driver but it was a tinted glass, knocked repeatedly but no response. I tried peeping through the tinted glass but all I could see is a couple arguing so I moved on,the car followed so I decided to pick a bike home. I had to borrow money from Mama Sikira to pay the biker rider. It was some minutes to 7 when a call came in and the caller asked to me to come outside. I was so eager to know who it was so I went so immediately

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2017
since aunty bibi angry...U nw come again its only 1 epiangry...Comman finish it o!Nice 1 deR..M enjoying itgrinundecided
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Roy11: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2017
oya come and add maggi to the soup....we are waiting
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
I saw a familiar red car outside my compound, it was the red car I saw in the afternoon. I was confused ,paused and was trying to fathom whom it was. I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard the car horn.I took grip of myself and went to where the car was parked. I knocked on the windscreen and it was wound down. Guess who?

It was my Princecharming!!! I screamed so loud that all my akproko neighbours rushed outside to see who it was. I felt embarrassed and entered into the car to avoid story that touched.
"Aderin"
"Shina"
"Can I talk to you?"
"Where have you been? No calls, no chats, no messages"
"I've been through alot these past few weeks"
"Like what and what?"
"I'm going back to the states"
"Why?"
"My parents, they don't love me" he screamed. I was disappointed, devasted. I was quiet and every time I tried opening my mouth to talk... It was so dry and silky.
"Aderin, can I sleep here this night?"
"You mean.... My...my room?" I stammered
"Yea... I need somewhere to rest my head and cool my mind."
"Hotel... There are five stars hotels around, why my room?" I regretted those words almost immediately.
"Are you trying to drive me away?" He asked disappointed.
"Why should I, Shina? I mean a man of your caliber and status...(I paused)... Moreso,we met once, we're friends and... and... I don't know your intentions" I looked up seeing Shina beaming with smiles.I felt foolish.
"So you have a dirty mind?" He asked laughing out so hard.
"Was it so funny?"
"Oh I'm sorry. I know all hotels around here but I just want someone to talk to. I need someone to lend me some listening ears. You fits into my demands, Riri. You are such an amazing woman." He poured out. I was quiet for a period of time because My room was a bit absorb. My unwashed pants were lying in my bed.
"Let us go inside" I opted out immediately and he locked his car and followed almost immediately. I was looking for the perfect lie concerning my unwashed panties but found none. As we got into my compounds, all my neighbours, I mean all my neighbours, my neighbours' neighbours, my neighbours' children,boyfriends,girlfriends and street members were hanging around all staring at my Princecharming. To be truthful,Shina smelt of riches, even though he was dressed in a joggers n tees, he was a head turner. My head was so swollen that I could not help feeling on top of the world. I looked back and discovered everyone was greeting him,even some were trying to form familiarity. I took it as an opportunity to rushed into my room,I cleared my room and rushed out to pick Shina. On getting outside, what and who I saw shocked me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
Please, I will be concluding this story on or before tomorrow. I wanna know your opinion about this story and if they are impressive, I'll drop another story on Monday. Thanks to everyone who likes and commented on my piece of artwork. I love you all.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by xaviercasmir(m): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
smileyYour story has all that street vibe and the happening around us. It remainds me of a guy that form POSH always.
RIDE ON AND MORE INK TO YOUR PEN
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
Bibi294:
Please, I will be concluding this story on or before tomorrow. I wanna know your opinion about this story and if they are impressive, I'll drop another story on Monday. Thanks to everyone who likes and commented on my piece of artwork. I love you all.
..Issokai...d stowie ix damn cul..U really try on diz piece..Make sure d new 1 shld be more fantastic...Comman eat ogrin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
It was Onome! Let me tell me a lil about Onome. Onome was a professional, dirty and shameless prostitute. She goes after everything under pants.. When I say pants, I mean PANTS. Panties ranging from boxers to pants. She was bisexual that is she does both males and females. It was through Onome that I knew it was through that Edo women loves pricks. She dated our landlord,our house agent,co-tenants and street guys. She cared less if you were married or single. She would date both husbands and wives and some even hired her for 2-3sums. She was a LovePeddler! But one thing about her, I was a thorn in her flesh. She never believed I was what I said I was, she would stalk me just to know my true identity but trust me, I was smarter. My makeups customers was hers, so was my "benddown select" customer.
Onome was discussing with Shina who was sitting on a stool and surrounded by my neighbours.
"I've met you somewhere" she was talking to Shina in a tone I've never seen her used on a guy.
"I? Where was that?"
"I don't know, where are you staying"
"I've been in this town."
"Oh... Maybe in Prosperous"
"I've never been there"" I'm new in this area"
"Oh really, where were you staying before. Maybe it was from there we met."
"Been in the states but was in Lagos earlier" This drew the attention I needed, my neighbours marvelled upon hearing Shina was from the states. I felt highlighted and earned more respect... Atleast as a banker dating a Londoner. I withdrew Shina from the crowd and took him in.
"You've got a nice apartment" he commented searching through my room.
"Thanks"
"Your neighbours are fun to be with especially the fair lady"
"Be careful of her. She's dangerous."
"Someone here is jealous." He rolled his eyes blushing.
"About who and how?"
"You better tell me the truth. You're falling already..."
"What can I offer you..." That was my greatest mistake, why would I ask such question when I had nothing at home, not even sachet water. I blamed myself for trying to change the topic.
"Anything would do."
"But... But... I've nothing at home right now. Just planning to get some tomorrow."
"Is there any fast food close by?"
"Captain cook is at Fayose."
"Let's go there." Before I could say jack Robinson,he was up dragging me out.
"Do you want me to go out this way?" I asked immediately we got into the car.I was wearing a bumshot and croptop.
"I love my woman looking hot and sexy."
"But this is Ado not Lag or wherever."
"I care less."He ignited and off we went. I was reminiscing on the " my woman" thingy.

5 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dapo97:
..Issokai...d stowie ix damn cul..U really try on diz piece..Make sure d new 1 shld be more fantastic...Comman eat ogrin
What are you eating... I'm faminshed!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by YINKS89(m): 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
bibi u juz made ma dae u re realy a good writer.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 12:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Bibi294:
What are you eating... I'm faminshed!
arrrg!since...av finish it oo...grin
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2017
Dear readers, pls I've aqueston for u guys esp.old members of this forum... I'm relatively new and I hardly know how things r done here....
My question
Abeg, been seeing something like "**** has emailed u... Check ur mail now and when I do, I'm told I'm not connected... Abeg wetin this message mean and wetin I go do? No blame me if this question sounded dumb... No blame me... I b poor Ekiti babe

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by souloho19(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2017
Bibi I like d way u spin a tale and feel u SLD continue d update..I myself am a lazy writer to and just joined dis platform hours ago..
P.s: check out my story still in d works: delayed diagnosis
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 11:17am On Jan 14, 2017
souloho19:
Bibi I like d way u spin a tale and feel u SLD continue d update..I myself am a lazy writer to and just joined dis platform hours ago..
P.s: check out my story still in d works: delayed diagnosis
Omo, I'm fed up... I could imagine and trust me, I've loads of stories in my room but the pro is laziness... Moreso, people here r not encouraging making me feel the story is less interesting... Nice meeting u dearie
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Bibi294:

Omo, I'm fed up... I could imagine and trust me, I've loads of stories in my room but the pro is laziness... Moreso, people here r not encouraging making me feel the story is less interesting... Nice meeting u dearie
i stay in ado(textile) area,but i'm in lokoja @ the moment.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Owojuyi(f): 6:24am On Jan 15, 2017
Bibi294:
Dear readers, pls I've aqueston for u guys esp.old members of this forum... I'm relatively new and I hardly know how things r done here....
My question
Abeg, been seeing something like "**** has emailed u... Check ur mail now and when I do, I'm told I'm not connected... Abeg wetin this message mean and wetin I go do? No blame me if this question sounded dumb... No blame me... I b poor Ekiti babe
Wonderful story. Lemme quickly try to help u on this, first login into the email address u used to register, wen u see d msg frm d person, Dre's a place they will say reply this mail to connect or so. I dnt knw if this would help, but try it first
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2017
Owojuyi:

Wonderful story. Lemme quickly try to help u on this, first login into the email address u used to register, wen u see d msg frm d person, Dre's a place they will say reply this mail to connect or so. I dnt knw if this would help, but try it first
Thanks so much for responding... Bet, I tried it n I was to reply the message... How will I wen I can't even read d message

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2017
It's definitely interesting. Eager to read the conclusion. Good job.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by adecares(f): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2017
love the suspense
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2017
Two updates coming in soon, happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by aprilwise(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
am waiting for the updates. the story is interesting. just spice it up with sex scene then u will have more readers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Naive ( Novel) / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters / ........rebbecca.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.