Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) (66339 Views)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Diary Of A Broke Playboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by ezo4fta(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nice piece

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by zeeboss(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
@riri you are really gbiyajuing for this your right up ......best of luck,
if this story eat the cinema it will black buster different from all the rubbish this people are acting
much love bae angry@riri you are really gbiyajuing for this your right up ......best of luck,
if this story eat the cinema it will black buster different from all the rubbish this people are acting
much love bae

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by ladiesmirror(m): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Bibi294:
Good morning to all nairalanders and dollarlanders...
Expect 3 updates today..... One love!

Happy new week, May our days be long and filled with good things.... Love y'all

You Said 3 updates... but u gave only 2....still salivating for the other 1

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
fatai7165:
Ok, im a ghost on Nairaland, i barely comment but trust me, i have being secretly following this thread since i discovered it on Saturday at work.

I'm a lazy reader but ur story was captivating at first sight, that i have the link to this story bookmarked on my phone, office desktop, and my personal laptop.

nice write up so far, believe me, it dope but please the suspense is getting too much, just my own opinion oh, but a story might get so long that it starts to become boring, im sure you dont want your story to get there..

biko im hungry for the resolution of ur story the climax is getting to tense, biko start let the anti climax unfold shortly.

i wont mind subscribing to further write ups so far they are from you.

for the sake of your write up, I LOVE YOU!!!!

Thanks Honey....I never thought it could be this long.... I imagined something different but my hands keep typing....

Gonna finish this story before monthend and drop another by February....
February is my birthmonth so my next story will b da bomb... Stay glued!!! for your comments, I LOVE YOU TOO coz your comments bring more inspirations and imaginations
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Dapo97(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
mutalib24:
Idiot...I talk to you undecided
bruh easy na. its a joke..mind ur words.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by gtin(m): 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Riri dnt wori he will still come bak for u
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by mutalib24: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Dapo97:
bruh easy na.
its a joke..mind ur words.
Apologies
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by taiwo92(m): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
I love u Bibi. ride on. he is going no whr

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by dannybomb(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
am a new reader here, been reading from off the scene. but I feel like this story lacks something

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by mercichoco(f): 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ehen, she got maimed, Fiwa warned but she was adamant.
Nice update Bibi, thanks for the mention.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 2:55am On Jan 24, 2017
dannybomb:
am a new reader here, been reading from off the scene. but I feel like this story lacks something

What
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:11am On Jan 24, 2017
I got to my former house quite late and everyone in their rooms. I went straight to our caretaker's room,when he saw the state I am in, he was surprised. He asked me what went wrong and I opened up to him, I told him what happened and about my fake lifestyle. I told him my parents are from Ilawe and that they were farmers,he and his wife listened to me keenly and comforted me. He told me someone else had occupied my room but the guy was yet to pack in and I could use the room for a week. I thanked in and went into my former room, they offered me food but I rejected. I retired in bed thinking about my life, I had a rough and fake upbringing. I vowed that night never to lie again even if it was at the point of death. I was in the room for three days doing nothing, I made few suicidal attempts but I was scared, I don't wanna die. My caretaker and his wife would visit my room occasionally and the wife brought food which I would either eat or reject. On the third day, I heard a knock, I thought it was Fiwa because she called me earlier and promised to check On me the following day. I opened the door and surprisingly it was Diamond, Dummy and Amber Rose, they dragged me out immediately I opened the door. They took turn raining insults on me as my neighbours were watching, they told them about my fake life in school, my head was buried in shame.
"I heard you told your neighbours you are working in Access Bank, abeg which of the branches because I'm working in its branch at Bankroad.?" Diamond asked. All my neighbours kept murmuring.
"Alasewo wannabe." Dummy added.
"Aba me na!" Onome shouted in her native dialect.
"You lied to them you are a banker when you go around servicing men" Amber Rose said. The three of them took turn hiting me and Dummy tore my yellow gown, I was stark naked except the pant and bra I was putiing on. I covered myself with my tattered clothes and then, our caretaker's wife came to drag me to their apartment. They left when She threatened to call the police. I felt humiliated, I was devasted and my quench for death increased. She advised me to leave our lodge and go and squat with a friend till in able to get over it. I was in her house till evening and when I told everyone would be asleep, I thanked her and on returning to my apartment, everybody was outside, immediately they saw me, they started murmuring, laughing and pointing at me. I buried my head as I walked into my apartment. The following morning around 5am, I was out of our lodge with my boxes, my handbag and my makeup box. I stood at the junction confused about where to go, I sighted an "akoto" bus and immediately I missed my parents. I waved and opted in telling him our street address... ILAWE, here I come.

Morning to you all, I slept off while typing yesterday.
I'm not sure of posting more than one update today because my battery percentage is low and I'm not sure there will b light here till Thursday... But I promise to charge somewhere.... One love!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by devilmaycry: 7:53am On Jan 24, 2017
ride on bibi...going to nepa office now so they will give ya light...and mztemmy stop being a ghost o jare
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by YINKS89(m): 7:55am On Jan 24, 2017
bibi294...... i'll would have juz said wow but at this junction i nid to start talking coz word don full ma mouth now.... firstly i'll commend ur writing skills u re doin gud thou i have saw some flaws in ur script of beta still ur story.... it's not well arranged in the sense that at times if sm1 is not careful enough ull miss some parts nd also i like the fact dat wen ever you introduce any new character you tell us about the but atimes what we readers like is more of suspense like wen u introduce diamond u shld have put alot of suspense into it so we readers wld kip wondering who this person is and along the line u kan shed more light on the particular character. so far so good you've been consistent and i must commend dat also...... finally i'll implore you to remove the (short story) in bracket from the title of the story.
i drop ma pen for now
thanks,
yinks89
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Gabbyraze(m): 7:59am On Jan 24, 2017
Great story,its what we see everyday,big ups....
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:18am On Jan 24, 2017
STILL

I FOLLOW.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Folaoladapo(m): 9:37am On Jan 24, 2017
But Bibi Why now? just one update that came in around 7:11am?......what will now happen to the rest of the day?
#BibiMustUpdate

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by muxyray(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2017
This story is really touching..
Thanks to you Bibi,
But don't keep us waiting..
You have to update more today.. Please
winkase cheesy
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by dredmatthew234(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2017
Lol
#bibimustupdate
The movement is strong ooo
Oya Bibi come update ooo we dey wait
Try find your phone charge one love!!!
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Eniqurl(f): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2017
Nice work ma'am.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by gtin(m): 11:08am On Jan 24, 2017
Pls oh we are waiting for update oh #bibimustupdate
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Missmossy(f): 11:48am On Jan 24, 2017
Eyah such ridicule embarassed i pity Riri now. Girls should learn a lot from this story. Beautiful piece Bibi294,more wisdom and strength to you dear.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by dannybomb(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
Bibi294:

What
it lacks description, you should try and describe some of the characters in the play more.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by dannybomb(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
thanks bibi. for the update
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Nwiboko26(f): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2017
Thanking you
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Musampa73(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Like seriously am enjoying this from the beginning and am still enjoying it up till now... Bibi u are such a good writer and u are really rocking my day since I have started following this ur story.

You mentioned earlier on that you served in Irua Esan in Edo state if am not mistaken and I will like you to locate Mama Do Good @ Igueben very close to ur place there for chilled palm wine with coconut CU's I remember that's what we rocked when I served there some years back. lol
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
I just weak to type. @ Bibi294 u dey try abeg..... tell me ur location lemme bring transformer to ur place. *still following*
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by rachealfst(f): 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
kajsa08:
I just weak to type.
@ Bibi294 u dey try abeg.....
tell me ur location lemme bring transformer to ur place. *still following*
Seriously! Rotfl. Pls let me send my address too. Lol
@Bibi294 pls wait patiently for the transformer, kajsa is on her way.
Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=rachealfst post=53093169]Seriously! Rotfl. Pls let me send my address too. Lol
@Bibi294 pls wait patiently for the transformer, kajsa is on her way.[/quote
lol @ rachealfst someone cannot play with u, is that how you use to do? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by talk2saintify(m): 6:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Bibi294:

Morning to you all, I slept off while typing yesterday.
I'm not sure of posting more than one update today because my battery percentage is low and I'm not sure there will b light here till Thursday... But I promise to charge somewhere.... One love!!!

BRING YHUR FONE MA CHARGE FOR YHU embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
Musampa73:
Like seriously am enjoying this from the beginning and am still enjoying it up till now... Bibi u are such a good writer and u are really rocking my day since I have started following this ur story.

You mentioned earlier on that you served in Irua Esan in Edo state if am not mistaken and I will like you to locate Mama Do Good @ Igueben very close to ur place there for chilled palm wine with coconut CU's I remember that's what we rocked when I served there some years back. lol

Igueben Is closer to my PPA ... I'm serving in Ugbegun.... I'm still eating akpu and egusi soup grin

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) by Bibi294(f): 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
Thanks everyone... There's light.... Updates coming soon grin grin grin grin grin grin

Musampa73
talk2saintify
kajsa08
rachealfst
Nwiboko26
dannybomb
Foladapo
Missmossy
gtin
Enigurl
dreadmattew234
muxyray
Hawlacho
Gabbyraze
YINKS89
devilmaycry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel) / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.