Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,784 members, 7,834,637 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (61273 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
It was only in 1842 that William Townsend set up the first Christian Mission in Badagry but the Augustinian and Capuchin Monks quietly came and went long before the second batch came with all these monuments.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien and Felixomor when they are hit with truths they cannot dodge they all run away and go and brag elsewhere how they trashed the theists grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:
DoctorAlien and Felixomor when they are hit with truths they cannot dodge they all run away and go and brag elsewhere how they trashed the theists grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:
When they are hit with truths they cannot dodge they all run away and go and brag elsewhere how they trashed the theists grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
No one has yet made any reasonable explanation of how the Bible Yahweh, with his genocidal sprees, is a Godly character.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Wilgrea7(m): 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
Profkenny1:

Thanks bro, but it's difficult sometimes..... @ the bolded, I somehow believe God has important message to pass to mankind but why would He rely on initial revelation to certain individuals who then writes it down and thousands and thousands of years after this we have to rely on copies and copies of translations of copies by anonymous authors with no originals?

I think, in this age, having a few scriptures and anecdotal testimonies is not really enough to convince a rational thinker..... It seems I'm overstretching my mind

if its about scriptures, I've read a few... the biblical canon is just a set of books to establish a system of beliefs... i don't in any way mean to offend the opinions of people who believe the bible to be the word of God but it contains a set of writings you call “revelations"... these books as you claim, reveal God's message to humans but have been translated over and over again ... that is true.. the problem is... how many people are ready to hear from God?? and how many of those hearings are not expectations?... most Christians nowadays seem to want to hear from God in the area of something they desire not what God desires... most prayer points are concentrated on us... prayer is more of a one way... cuz you're doing the talking... God is ever ready to reveal to people... we just need to clear our minds of everything and anything... and just be ready to hear from him as if you dont know anything and experience him like a baby.. another problem is that we claim to know... when we ask for revelations we tend to expect something similar to what we were taught/already knew.. that's why i said to clear the mind of anything and everything... claim not to know... then you will hear... that's why i like the eckists(although I'm not one)... they believe more in experience than letter... what I'm trying to say is.... there is no message that was said only to people in the old times and not nowadays... the thing is that we just have to listen... we have to be ready to get our firsthand experience... thanks

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

Why do you not assume that the desert sand aided by the desert wind could have someone through one random process caused the house to exist especially when there are no humans or houses to be seen in any direction hundreds of miles away?

Desert winds have not been observed to build human houses. They form dumes and all. But they don't form houses. Only human beings build human houses. Where ever you see a human house in any part of the world it must be built by humans, because we know that only humans build human houses.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by rhektor(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by rhektor(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
No one has yet made any reasonable explanation of how the Bible Yahweh, with his genocidal sprees, is a Godly character.

Keep repeating the old line like a scratched Compaq disc player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

*facepalm*

Is Nigeria not part of Africa? Why you dey reason like this? If Christianity first hit Egypt in the 1st Century and Ethiopia in the middle of the 1st Century AD its expected to spread and it was already here in Nigeria before the white man came and it was brought by Monks...Research a little abeg

Christianity first came to Nigerian when? The name of the monks that brought it to Nigeria? When did Christianity come to your village? Egypt is in the middle east which is the birth place of Christianity.

When did christianity get to your village and tell me the name of the monks that brought it.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Answer 4everGod's question: why did you not assume that winds and sands in the desert built up the house?

Anyway, your assertion that "absence of evidence is the evidence of absence"(I never knew someone couldassert this) has been conclusively proven wrong.
Because desert winds do not build human houses. If you know any human house that has been built by desert winds then show me. We know that human beings alone build human houses. So any where we see one we know it was built by humans. If you know any house that exist anywhere in the world that was not build by humans show me the house.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Because desert winds do not build human houses. If you know any human house that has been built by desert winds then show me.

You do realize that a human house is not complex right? Yet randomness produced your complexity as Dalaman. Randomness and an evolution from nothingness produced all the complexities in Nature with all its variants cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Because desert winds do not build human houses. If you know any human house that has been built by desert winds then show me. We know that human beings alone build human houses. So any where we see one we know it was built by humans. If you know any house that exist anywhere in the world that was not build by humans show me the house.

Do you know that there are people who consider caves as their homes? Was it built by humans? What if nature would eventually keep working on those caves and we would have doors, windows, plumbing, septic tank, rooms, kitchen etc even though they are not complex right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Christianity first came to Nigerian when? The name of the monks that brought it to Nigeria? When did Christianity come to your village? Egypt is in the middle east which is the birth place of Christianity.

When did christianity get to your village and tell me the name of the monks that brought it.

I will pretend i did not see this question because your ignorance is in full effect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

I will pretend i did not see this question because your ignorance is in full effect.

Thats The way to go
U can see he has moved to "village"

He will eventually end up in "fathers compound".
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
felixomor:

Thats The way to go
U can see he has moved to "village"

He will eventually end up in "fathers compound".
grin

grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

That is not the proof that a house found in the middle of a desert was built by a man. For what it's worth, that could be the first house built by desert wind in synergy with desert sand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

That is not the proof that a house found in the middle of a desert was built by a man. For what it's worth, that could be the first house built by desert wind in synergy with desert sand.

Gbammest !!! You got that right! grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Five stars for you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is impossible for desert wind to construct a human house if you disagree then explain how. The mechanism and all needa to be explained by you in details. What can be asserted without any evidence deserves to be dismissed without evidence.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

The name of the minks that brought christianity to your village is ? When did they come t your village?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

Do you know that there are people who consider caves as their homes? Was it built by humans? What if nature would eventually keep working on those caves and we would have doors, windows, plumbing, septic tank, rooms, kitchen etc even though they are not complex right?

A cave is not a human house you dullard. A cave is not a house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

You do realize that a human house is not complex right? Yet randomness produced your complexity as Dalaman. Randomness and an evolution from nothingness produced all the complexities in Nature with all its variants cheesy cheesy cheesy

And I said randomness created anything when and where? We have never observed humans building houses but we have never observed anything creating a human being.

There are many of us that are very OK with the I do not know position.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

It is impossible for desert wind to construct a human house in synergy with desert sand. if you disagree then explain how. The mechanism and all needa to be explained by you in details. What can be asserted without any evidence deserves to be dismissed without evidence.

Prove the bolded. It's your assertion.

Note: I inserted the the phrase "in synergy with desert sand" as that properly represents my argument.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

It is impossible for desert wind to construct a human house if you disagree then explain how. The mechanism and all needa to be explained by you in details. What can be asserted without any evidence deserves to be dismissed without evidence.

Are you sure its impossible for random desert winds and sand to construct a house?

Sand is already available

Rain does fall in the desert but not frequently so there is water

The composition of the sand is the same composition that brings about iron ore known as IRONSAND (look it up)

So you are saying that its impossible that somehow all these components would come together to form a house on their own right?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

TELL THAT TO EVOLUTION! cheesy cheesy
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

A cave is not a human house you dullard. A cave is not a house.
?

Oh a cave is not a house right? A house is what you call it. A car can be a mobile home can it not? A cardboard box can be a house? under a bridge is considered a house to some.

A house is simply a place of residence so a cave is a house to some.

grin grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Prove the bolded. It's your assertion.

Note: I inserted the the phrase "in synergy with desert sand" as that properly represents my argument.

It takes a consious mind with a direct purpose to build a human house. Desert wind isn't consious and acts randomly with out any purpose as such it can never build a human house.

Explain to me in details how a random force like the desert win in synergy with desert sand can build a human house. Am waiting.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by hopefulLandlord: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
what I see here presently is game of numbers
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

It takes a consious mind with a direct purpose to build a human house. Desert wind isn't consious and acts randomly with out any purpose as such it can never build a human house.

Explain to me in details how a random force like the desert win in synergy with desert sand can build a human house. Am waiting.

Can you define the origin of evolution again for me? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So you agree that it takes a conscious mind to bring a non complex house to existence yet it does not take the same conscious mind to bring your complexity and all the earths complexity to existence.... I hear you grin grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

It takes a conscious mind to plant a tree. Wind can also deposit a seed in an arbitrary place and a tree grows there.

So what are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:
Can you define the origin of evolution again for me? cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It takes a conscious mind to plant a tree. Wind can also deposit a seed in an arbitrary place and a tree grows there.

So what are you saying?

He has no clue about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Prophet Wale Olagunju 2019 Prophecies About Nigeria, Saraki, Buhari, Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.