Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

"Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? (1242 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / I Turn My Back To The Wall In Prayers And Command That Good Thing That Stopped / Command That Demon Holding You Back Out Right Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2018
"Why does God command that infants should be dashed upon the rocks"?

He doesn't. The Babylonians, who conquered and enslaved Israel, were very cruel, and apparently, they killed infants in such a way. The Psalmist is understandably seeking vengeance, and doesn't even mention God when he says, "O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed, happy the one who repays you as you have served us! Happy the one who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock!"

From: http://store.livingwaters.com/books/jaws-without-teeth.html

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 23 May 2017 ·

1 Share

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by olaolutreasure(m): 8:50pm On May 25, 2018
@OLAADEGBU I do not understand
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:58pm On May 25, 2018
Because he's a sadist.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by trapQ: 6:19am On May 26, 2018
The funny thing is that atheists take every word in the Bible as an instruction from God, not taking time to find who the speaker actually is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
olaolutreasure:

@OLAADEGBU
I do not understand

What part of the question don't you understand? undecided
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2019
trapQ:
The funny thing is that atheists take every word in the Bible as an instruction from God, not taking time to find who the speaker actually is.
Really? Are you sure it is not op, Degbu, who takes every word in the Bible as an instruction from God, and resorts to intellectual dishonesty when ungodly things are written about God in the Bible?
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

Really? Are you sure it is not op, Degbu, who takes every word in the Bible as an instruction from God, and resorts to intellectual dishonesty when ungodly things are written about God in the Bible?

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16).

The earlier you started taking God's Word as an instruction in righteousness, the better it will be for your understanding about God, His Word and His World. cool

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
You don't seem to understand that you need inspiration to understand that which is written by inspiration. Its the difference between believing and shuddering as satan does, and having a faith filled understanding as Jesus taught when he was [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A1-11&version=NKJV]tempted on the mount[/url].

OLAADEGBU:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16).

The earlier you started taking God's Word as an instruction in righteousness, the better it will be for your understanding about God, His Word and His World. cool
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

You don't seem to understand that you need inspiration to understand that which is written by inspiration. Its the difference between believing and shuddering as satan does, and having a faith filled understanding as Jesus taught when he was [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A1-11&version=NKJV]tempted on the mount[/url].

Satan is at least better than those who don't believe in God's existence but that doesn't mean that he doesn't shudder when he remembers the judgment coming upon his head. Do you believe in God and if you do, which one? Do you believe that Jesus is God? If not then the Satan is better off than you. cool

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Satan is at least better than those who don't believe in God's existence but that doesn't mean that he doesn't shudder when he remembers the judgment coming upon his head.
Now that's indeed a new one. Explains why you don't mind emulating satan, who, in your opinion, is "at least better than those who don't believe in God's existence".

Do you know Samaritans did not believe in God? Yet we read of a [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]good one[/url], whom Christ said, “Go and do likewise.” is it not so in your God's Word, or don't you just understand the lesson?
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

Now that's indeed a new one. Explains why you don't mind emulating satan, who, in your opinion, is "at least better than those who don't believe in God's existence".

Do you know Samaritans did not believe in God? Yet we read of a [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]good one[/url], whom Christ said, “Go and do likewise.” is it not so in your God's Word, or don't you just understand the lesson?

"How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie" (Jeremiah 8:8)

The fact that you don't believe in His Word makes you call Him a liar.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
I am calling you a liar degbu, and ignorant.

OLAADEGBU:

"How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie" (Jeremiah 8:8)

The fact that you don't believe in His Word makes you call Him a liar.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

I am calling you a liar degbu, and ignorant.

"He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself: he that believes not God has made Him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of His Son" (1 John 5:10).

What lie have I told you? Do you believe God's record as written in the Bible? undecided
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
You lie repeatedly to yourself. You know very well that buda prefers to seek understanding rather than shudder with satan.

OLAADEGBU:

"He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself: he that believes not God has made Him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of His Son" (1 John 5:10).

What lie have I told you? Do you believe God's record as written in the Bible? undecided
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

You lie repeatedly to yourself. You know very well that buda prefers to seek understanding rather than shudder with satan.

If you said God lied why should I be worried that you accuse me of lying? If you need understanding you need to start with the fear of God.

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If you need understanding you need to start with the fear of God.
No degbu, I will not fear. I start with an understanding of the loving God who does not require me to fear even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, for the Lord's rod and staff comfort me.

P.s. kindly stop bearing false witness. God would not like it.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

No degbu, I will not fear. I start with an understanding of the loving God who does not require me to fear even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, for the Lord's rod and staff comfort me.

P.s. kindly stop bearing false witness. God would not like it.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10).

The fear of God will make you depart from iniquity but If you will not fear God you are choosing the height of foolishness. shocked
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:10).

The fear of God will make you depart from iniquity but If you will not fear God you are choosing the height of foolishness. shocked
I do not fear the loving Father, degbu. Fear is for those who lack understanding of the Father who takes care of the birds and the bees and buda.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

I do not fear the loving Father, degbu. Fear is for those who lack understanding of the Father who takes care of the birds and the bees and buda.

"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil" (Proverbs 16:6).

Fear God buda and receive mercy and truth. smiley
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil" (Proverbs 16:6).

Fear God buda and receive mercy and truth. smiley
Those who have already departed evil do not fear. We delight in the immense grace and glory of the Lord.

Accept Jesus into your life and you too will fear the loving God no more.

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

Those who have already departed evil do not fear. We delight in the immense grace and glory of the Lord.

Accept Jesus into your life and you too will fear the loving God no more.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction" (Proverbs 1:7).

How could you have departed from evil when you refused to repent? God only gives grace to the humble but He resists the proud. wink
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction" (Proverbs 1:7).

How could you have departed from evil when you refused to repent? God only gives grace to the humble but He resists the proud. wink
God never sent you my repentance notification?
Must be because of your irrelevance.

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

God never sent you my repentance notification?
Must be because of your irrelevance.

"He that hears you hears Me; and he that despises you despises Me; and he that despises Me despises Him that sent Me" (Luke 10:16).

You just rejected God. lipsrsealed
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"He that hears you hears Me; and he that despises you despises Me; and he that despises Me despises Him that sent Me" (Luke 10:16).

You just rejected God. lipsrsealed
According to you. I wonder if you think that because I refuse to believe that you are God's mouthpiece.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

According to you. I wonder if you think that because I refuse to believe that you are God's mouthpiece.

Pride will not permit you to accept the free gift of God.

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Pride will not permit you to accept the free gift of God.
"Pride will not permit you to accept the free gift of God" that I already accepted?

You need Jesus to open your eyes so that you can see.
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

"Pride will not permit you to accept the free gift of God" that I already accepted?

You need Jesus to open your eyes so that you can see.

"But He gives more grace. Wherefore He said, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6).

What hand did you use in receiving the freehand? Don't tell me that you are spiderman. cheesy
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by budaatum: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"But He gives more grace. Wherefore He said, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6).

What hand did you use in receiving the freehand? Don't tell me that you are spiderman. cheesy
Is the Grace of God received in the hand?
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

Is the Grace of God received in the hand?

"He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).

You will have to drop that bag so as to receive the mercy of God. cool
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by LordReed(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thos god that behaves like a jealous fisherman's wife. So the only way to respond to aggression that your god said was punishment for Israel's sins, is to punish the punisher? LMFAO!
Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by sonmvayina(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
See two grown ass men arguing over the white man's fairy tale... So so sad.. That both of you lack independent thought...

Well, the battle is within , God is the divine consciousness... Getting rid of infants simply means getting rid of childish thoughts.... The letter truly killeth..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Why does God command that infants should be dashed upon the rocks"?

He doesn't. The Babylonians, who conquered and enslaved Israel, were very cruel, and apparently, they killed infants in such a way. The Psalmist is understandably seeking vengeance, and doesn't even mention God when he says, "O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed, happy the one who repays you as you have served us! Happy the one who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock!"

From: http://store.livingwaters.com/books/jaws-without-teeth.html

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 23 May 2017 ·

https://www.today.com/news/miss-nigeria-nyekachi-douglas-celebrates-miss-jamaica-s-miss-world-t170032

(1) (Reply)

4 Years Waiting For Her "Yes" / MAN SENTENCED TO DEATH FOR FARTING IN MOSQUE DURING RAMADAN / My First Sex Experience With A Campus Girl!!! (with pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.