Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (60872 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It takes a conscious mind to plant a tree. Wind can also deposit a seed in an arbitrary place and a tree grows there.

So what are you saying?

Demonstrate how desert winds can build a house. We are NOT talking about trees here. How can a desert wind construct a human house? I said it's impossible you said it's possible then explain how.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by 4kings: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dalaman, this issue can be likened to the "infinite monkey theorem".
Which states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by 4kings: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Demonstrate how desert winds can build a house. We are NOT talking about trees here. How can a desert wind construct a human house? I said it's impossible you said it's possible then explain how.
Ohh the issue is "wind"
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Profkenny1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2016
Wilgrea7:

if its about scriptures, I've read a few... the biblical canon is just a set of books to establish a system of beliefs... i don't in any way mean to offend the opinions of people who believe the bible to be the word of God but it contains a set of writings you call “revelations"... these books as you claim, reveal God's message to humans but have been translated over and over again ... that is true.. the problem is... how many people are ready to hear from God?? and how many of those hearings are not expectations?... most Christians nowadays seem to want to hear from God in the area of something they desire not what God desires... most prayer points are concentrated on us... prayer is more of a one way... cuz you're doing the talking... God is ever ready to reveal to people... we just need to clear our minds of everything and anything... and just be ready to hear from him as if you dont know anything and experience him like a baby.. another problem is that we claim to know... when we ask for revelations we tend to expect something similar to what we were taught/already knew.. that's why i said to clear the mind of anything and everything... claim not to know... then you will hear... that's why i like the eckists(although I'm not one)... they believe more in experience than letter... what I'm trying to say is.... there is no message that was said only to people in the old times and not nowadays... the thing is that we just have to listen... we have to be ready to get our firsthand experience... thanks

Thanks bro, so you mean we shouldn't "fully" rely on the bible, rather we should seek for the raw voice of God? Don't you think that is the reason we have ~ 40,000 denominations of Christianity? each claiming to be inspired by the holy spirit of God. I really wish God would come down and reveal Himself to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

chai Dalaman cheesy cheesy

Yet you know all about how evolution works yet;

1. You cannot explain to yourself how desert winds and sand could possibly construct a house

2; You do not believe it could ever be possible

ok na grin grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

Can you define the origin of evolution again for me? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So you agree that it takes a conscious mind to bring a non complex house to existence yet it does not take the same conscious mind to bring your complexity and all the earths complexity to existence.... I hear you grin grin

A human house does not exist in nature. It is a creation of humans. Rivers, mountains, deserts, landscapes etc all exist in nature. We have seen them all being formed without any creator.

Heck even planets have been clearly explained to form without any creator. Things that exist in nature are different from things that are man made.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
You said this:
dalaman:
It is impossible for desert wind to construct a human house

Please prove it. Just prove it.

Don't ask me to "prove how wind can construct house" because this is the same crime of which you accuse Christians: asking you to prove that their assertion is not true, instead of going ahead to prove what they themselves have asserted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
4kings:
Dalaman, this issue can be likened to the "infinite monkey theorem".
Which states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

grin grin grin You do know that theory is a stupid one and can only work when the correct words are saved and others allowed to correctly fit into them.

Can rondomness store itself for later use or later correction?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

A human house does not exist in nature. It is a creation of humans. Rivers, mountains, deserts, landscapes etc all exist in nature. We have seen them all being formed without any creator.

Heck even planets have been clearly explained to form without any creator. Things that exist in nature are different from things that are man made.

Did you exist in Nature before now?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

You keep showing us how knowledgeable you are.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

chai Dalaman cheesy cheesy

Yet you know all about how evolution works yet;

1. You cannot explain to yourself how desert winds and sand could possibly construct a house

2; You do not believe it could ever be possible

ok na grin grin

Desert winds are natural phenomenon. A house is not. A desert wind can not construct a human house because it is random. A house needs a consious and purposeful intention and action.
If you believe that a desert sand can build a human house then explain it and the mechanism involved. I said it is impossible.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by 4kings: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

grin grin grin You do know that theory is a stupid one and can only work when the correct words are saved and others allowed to correctly fit into them.

Can rondomness store itself for later use or later correction?
I don't get why are you bringing "correction" .
Didn't you see the word "infinite"
It is a mathematical possibility
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Desert winds are natural phenomenon. A house is not. A desert wind can not construct a human house because it is random. A house needs a consious and purposeful intention and action.
If you believe that a desert sand can build a human house then explain it and the mechanism involved. I said it is impossible.

At the bolded if i am to agree with you, If a non complex house would need purposeful intention and conscious desire to produce, How then did your complexity as a man come about?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:
You said this:

Please prove it. Just prove it.

Don't ask me to "prove how wind can construct house" because this is the same crime of which you accuse Christians: asking you to prove that their assertion is not true, instead of going ahead to prove what they themselves have asserted.

I have already told you why it is impossible. A human house needs a consious mind with a sense of purpose, intention and direction to build it. Desert wind isn't consious and is random as such it can never build a human house. Of you disagree then explain to me in details how desert winds can build a human house.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Mr. man, just prove this:
dalaman:
It is impossible for desert wind to construct a human house
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

At the bolded if i am to agree with you, If a non complex house would need purposeful intention and conscious desire to produce, How then did your complexity as a man come about?

I don't know. But we have observed complex things in nature form without any creator.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

I have already told you why it is impossible. A human house needs a consious mind with a sense of purpose, intention and direction to build it. Desert wind isn't consious and is random as such it can never build a human house. Of you disagree then explain to me in details how desert winds can build a human house.

And I told you that wind which you described as not conscious can also accomplish a task which man who is conscious accomplishes i.e. planting a tree.

So, prove that it is impossible for desert wind to construct a house in synergy with desert sand.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
4kings:

I don't get why are you bringing correction.
Didn't you see the word "infinite"
It is a mathematical possibility

Let me explain... the infinite monkey theorem saves correct sections of text while discarding future wrong guesses. its a computer simulation which stores data that is correct and checks it off the list. Where is the storage in randomness in actual life scenario?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

I don't know. But we have observed complex things in nature form without any creator.

grin grin grin Indeed ignorance is bliss!

So what are the complex things you have observed form without a beginning aka a creator?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dalaman note i asked you this

So what are the complex things you have observed form without a beginning aka a creator?

However you should also note that you said NON COMPLEXITY needs purpose and conscious intent to build it.

So if non complexity would need purpose and conscious intent then how come COMPLEXITY wouldnt?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

And I told you that wind which you described as not conscious can also accomplish a task which man who is conscious accomplishes i.e. planting a tree.

So, prove that it is impossible for desert wind to construct a house in synergy with desert sand.

That's because random actions and forces of naturecan plant trees. Random actions and forcws in nature can not build human houses. So you have failed. It is impossible for desert winds to build houses if you disagree then show how. Again we are talking specifically about human houses and not trees.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by 4kings: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

Let me explain... the infinite monkey theorem saves correct sections of text while discarding future wrong guesses. its a computer simulation which stores data that is correct and checks it off the list. Where is the storage in randomness in actual life scenario?

I think we are talking about different things, or you are just making assumptions.

This is a theorem not a computer simulation.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:
Random actions and forcws in nature can not build human houses. So you have failed.

The burden to prove the above rests on you. And if you're not gonna prove the above, but are only intent on running around, then don't mention me again.

Thank you.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
4everGod:

grin grin grin Indeed ignorance is bliss!

Everything.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The burden to prove the above rests on you. And if you're not gonna prove the above, but are only intent on running around, then don't mention me again.

Thank you.

I have already done that. Random forces do not build human houses, it is impossible. If you disagree then show us how. You have nothing so you can run away. It's allowed.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

I have already done that. Random forces do not build human houses, it is impossible. If you disagree then show us how. You have nothing so you can run away. It's allowed.

How can you tell me "random forces cannot build a house in the desert because it is impossible for random forces to build a house?"

You need to go and pick up your handbook of basic logic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Wilgrea7(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
Profkenny1:

Thanks bro, so you mean we shouldn't "fully" rely on the bible, rather we should seek for the raw voice of God? Don't you think that is the reason we have ~ 40,000 denominations of Christianity? each claiming to be inspired by the holy spirit of God. I really wish God would come down and reveal Himself to the whole world.

I'm not saying you shouldn't rely fully on the bible... I'm Saying its up to you... if you feel some important things have been lost during translation and you feel God can still talk to people today and not just in the days of old, then you can go ahead and hear from him as i said in my previous posts..
40,000 denominations didn't come from acclaimed voice of the holy spirit... it came from people's interpretation of verses in the bible... i don't follow denomination personally because i don't feel any denomination has the monopoly of correct interpretation.. different people interpret scriptures in different ways... that's what brought rise to denominations
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

That's because random actions and forces of naturecan plant trees. Random actions and forcws in nature can not build human houses. So you have failed. It is impossible for desert winds to build houses if you disagree then show how.

Would you call a plant designed to have seeds that can be carried by the wind over long distances with parachute like structures random? Would you call the wind random? Would you say the seasons of rain and dryness or winter and summer are random or perfectly timed and organized?

Nature is far more complex than you imagine and never random.

Would you call these random?

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
4kings:

I think we are talking about different things, or you are just making assumptions.

This is a theorem not a computer simulation.

Its a theorem that is now being tested on a computer simulation...Look it up
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:

How can you tell me "random forces cannot build a house in the desert because it is impossible for random forces to build a house?"

You need to go and pick up your handbook of basic logic.

You have not told me how random forces can build houses in a desert. I can logically explain to you how random forces can plant a tree. But you can not logically explain to me how random forces can build a human house in the desert. A human house needs a consious force with sma sense of direction and purpose to build it. That alone has already disqualified desert wind since they ate directionless, random and without not consious.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

Everything.

Everything including your muscles, your DNA, etc?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by DoctorAlien(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
dalaman:

That is like saying "GOD exists. It is impossible that He does not exist. If you disagree, prove that GOD does not exist."

I seriously don't want to believe that you're this uninformed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer / She Lured Him Into Sex, And This Finally Happened To Him / Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.