Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia (16320 Views)

Woman Disgraces Her Man Abroad After Discovering He Has A Wife In Nigeria / Director Catches Driver Having Sex With His Wife In His Home / Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by davbravo(m): 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
The Abia State Police Command on Thursday confirmed the death of an environmental health officer in Aba South Local Government Area and his wife after inhaling generator fumes.

The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Nta Ogbonnaya, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Aba that the couple died in Bende, their local government area of origin where they had gone to observe the yuletide holidays.

Ogbonnaya said that police investigations revealed that the duo, Mr Prince McAnthony, and his wife, Oluchi, were choked to death from the fume of a generator which they left close to their apartment.

The spokesman said the environmental health officer and his wife, who also worked in the same health department of Aba South, inhaled the fume from the generator leading to their death.

However, reports from a close family source told NAN that there was more to the death of the couple than the police report.

According to the source, the deceased couple had been quarreling over the man’s amorous relationship with a strange woman who also works in the same department with the couple.

The source said the constant quarrels had led the man to abandon their rented apartment in Aba to stay in their village house in Bende, from where he went to work in Aba prior to the holiday.

He said the woman over whom the couple quarreled still visited him in his country home in Bende.

He further narrated that on Dec. 10, the environmental health officer invited his wife to the village to collect school fees for their four children.

“That was the last anyone heard of them until three days later when their corpses were discovered in their village home,’’ the source further said.

He said the corpses were found already bloated.
NAN.

http://punchng.com/generator-fume-kills-environmental-health-officer-wife-abia-2/

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Mrjo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
It wil supprise u to hear is a health officer. RIP

7 Likes

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by LecciGucci: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nawao
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by lalasticlala(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
I know the couple, the second version of the story was what I heard. RIP

5 Likes

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Janetessy(f): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
RIP

People are yet to realize and take heed to the dangers of generator fumes.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by SexyNairalander: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
booked
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by idris4r83(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Their death is as a result of Carbon monoxide poisoning. This is caused when carbon monoxide is breathed in, it enters their bloodstream and mixes with haemoglobin (the part of red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body), to form carboxyhaemoglobin.When this happens, the blood is no longer able to carry oxygen, and this lack of oxygen causes the body’s cells and tissue to fail and die. People do mistake of keeping generators in an enclosed place which is very wrong.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
so sad angry angry angry cry cry
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by creamylicious(f): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
health officer with certifications from Toronto

1 Like

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by tyson99(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Health officer

This remaining days of this year i shall not mourn anyone in my family and friends.AMEN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by EmoBoy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
The only country in the world where generator fume kills people.

Isn't Nigeria a great country?
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Mrmakedata: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by greatgod2012(f): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na wa o

May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Krucifax(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
If the report is true then the couple were killed by Carbon Monoxide poisoning. It's a very toxic gas that can kill or seriously harm you if inhaled.
Unfortunately thousands of people are killed every year all over the world from this.
It is a colourless and odourless byproduct of incomplete combustion. Which makes it deadly as it strikes without any pre warnings. What you should look out for is symptoms of "CO" (Carbon Monoxide) poisoning whenever you are using any appliances that uses combustion and has emissions. This includes your Gas cooker. Generator. Gas Boiler. Even your car or motorcycle if used within a closed space with poor ventilation.
The symptoms to watch out for when using any of the above is headaches,stomach pains,weakness, dizziness, nausea,shortness of breath,blurry vision,fainting.
If you feel any of the above. Immediately distance yourself from the appliance and ventilate the area. Mild poisoning usually doesn't need medication but the appliance should be checked for faults. If you however were to sleep in the vicinity of a faulty appliance that is leaking Carbon Monoxide that may be your last sleep. Stay safe and spread the message!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Xionez(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Case of not practicing what you preach spent years to read...and defend.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by ghboy: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
C'mon Naija. u supposed to be the giant of Africa. even Ghana has been able to resolve their power crisis despite at a higher cost to the individuals. you have oil and gas with huge revenue. im still surprised Nigeria hasnt really done much in the last decade with respect to power generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Adegokenath(m): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
People from village
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Life4Varnity: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria

Had it been there is 24 hours electricity in Nigeria; this wouldn't have happened

The majority root cause of death in Nigeria is always caused by the the government

For the peoole
By the people
To the people

I weep for my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by jerryunit48: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Health officer should have known better
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by greatgod2012(f): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
lalasticlala:

So, this story get second version?

Let's hear the second version then, maybe we can learn some lessons from that.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by arinzest: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
At what point was an autopsy done? How did the police determine cause of death? How will CO poisoning kill and d corpses bloated all in less than 24hours? This is d easiest place to get away with murder. Illiterate ill-trained, ill-equipped police with techniques a voodoo witch doctor will envy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by tosyne2much(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Eeeehyah
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by sakalisis(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Heya
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by tk4rd: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ironic
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
F
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by WomanOfRace(f): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
This story is fishy. You expect me to believe that a whole health officer will do something like that? like it is their first time of using gen?

There is more to the story, maybe someone tampered with something while they were asleep.

2 Likes

Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Orikinla1: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
lalasticlala:
Are you from Bende?
That's my hometown.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Dindondin(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
The pic attached to this post. Is that the pic of the dead Officer?
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by EbukaLive(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
The irony of life. Health officer killed by a health hazard... sad
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Pavore9: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sad.
Re: Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia by Orikinla1: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
idris4r83:
Their death is as a result of Carbon monoxide poisoning. This is caused when carbon monoxide is breathed in, it enters their bloodstream and mixes with haemoglobin (the part of red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body), to form carboxyhaemoglobin.When this happens, the blood is no longer able to carry oxygen, and this lack of oxygen causes the body’s cells and tissue to fail and die. People do mistake of keeping generators in an enclosed place which is very wrong.

Please, is having a generator 15 feet away from the window outside a bedroom safe?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Domestic Benefits Of The Dry Season (harmattan) / Don't Let Your Daughter Be Too Close To Their Pastor- Journalist Advises Mothers / My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.