Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC (42938 Views)

"I Have Been Eating Plastic Rice For 2 Months; Be Careful" - Lady Cries Out / See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by wiloy2k8(m): 8:52am On Dec 30, 2016
ok
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:52am On Dec 30, 2016
Good to know
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by gentlekeny(m): 8:52am On Dec 30, 2016
I would suggest that the FG tell the world the country or countries where these rubbish & dumps come from into our country. By doing so, such countries will desist from sending substandard products to our country.

If Nigeria exported a substandard product outside its shores, the world will get the news that it is coming from Nigeria
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by diehardanusfan(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2016
TrapQueen77:
One thing for sure....

CHINA WILL KILL US ALL cry

when did you turn nigerian undecided
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Lilimax(f): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2016
I've been saying it that there is nothing like PLASTIC RICE embarassed
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 30, 2016
diehardanusfan:

when did you turn nigerian undecided

grin

I don't need to be a Nigerian to use the word "us" coz before this "plastic rice" reached Naija, it was already reached my own village early this year sha ...

They always say "IN THE LONG RUN CHINA WILL WIN" angry
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by timsucces(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2016
classicyung:
By this time next year, i wish to own a rice farm by the grace of God.
i share ur dream

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by nwabobo: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2016
post=52382258:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has released its findings on a test conducted on the much talked-about plastic rice.

The acting Director-General of the agency, Yetunde Oni, made public the findings at a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

Below are 5 key of her points:

1. Mrs Oni said that though the rice was found not to be plastic, contrary to media reports, it was still “unwholesome for human consumption”.

2. Mrs. said that the rice failed NAFDAC integrity test which thus ruled it out for human consumption.

3. She noted that ‘based on the laboratory result, the product is not plastic but rice contaminated with microorganisms above permissible limit.”

4. She said the consignment would be destroyed once handed over by the Nigeria Customs Service.

5. It was also revealed that several metric tons of expired and dangerous rice are still lying in wait at warehouses in neighboring countries with Nigeria as their target markets.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/5-things-we-discovered-in-latest.html

cc lalasticlala

This is nothing but scare mongering to scare people aware from buying foreign rice. There us nothing wrong with that rice but they just have to play along with the govt on their plan.
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Artixmentor(m): 9:05am On Dec 30, 2016
5. It was also revealed that several metric tons of expired and dangerous rice are still lying in wait at warehouses in neighboring countries with Nigeria as their target markets.

cc lalasticlala[/quote]

so Nigeria has now been turned to a dumping ground.
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Odani: 9:05am On Dec 30, 2016
TooNoisy:
Hmmn,

Not sure why it took so long. I just wonder why a Nigeria should be the destination for fake and expired products. Shows how corrupt our system is . God help us.

Pls blame dat on ur ipob brothers. I implore u to try take a trip to China and Bangladesh and see d specification of things our fellow ipod brothers are asking these chinkos to produce for Nigerian market u will just weep.
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 30, 2016
nwabobo:

This is nothing but scare mongering to scare people aware from buying foreign rice. There us nothing wrong with that rice but they just have to play along with the govt on their plan.

And if someone close to you gets sick from eating the same tainted rice, you would be complaining about NAFDAC not doing their job well.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2016
Odani:

Pls blame dat on ur ipob brothers. I implore u to try take a trip to China and Bangladesh and see d specification of things our fellow ipod brothers are asking these chinkos to produce for Nigerian market u will just weep.

This one no be tribal matter.

When it comes to importing substandard materials....Nigerians united!
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by erico2k2(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2016
post=52382258:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has released its findings on a test conducted on the much talked-about plastic rice.

The acting Director-General of the agency, Yetunde Oni, made public the findings at a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

Below are 5 key of her points:

1. Mrs Oni said that though the rice was found not to be plastic, contrary to media reports, it was still “unwholesome for human consumption”.

2. Mrs. said that the rice failed NAFDAC integrity test which thus ruled it out for human consumption.

3. She noted that ‘based on the laboratory result, the product is not plastic but rice contaminated with microorganisms above permissible limit.”

4. She said the consignment would be destroyed once handed over by the Nigeria Customs Service.

cc lalasticlala
I got a problem with number 3 as they did not state what the legal limit was.this is 2016/17 we should learn to be straightforward
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by nwabobo: 9:07am On Dec 30, 2016
9jakohai:

And if someone close to you gets sick from eating the same tainted rice, you would be complaining about NAFDAC not doing their job well.

What tainted the rice? This is government propaganda at its highest.
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by erico2k2(m): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2016
Lilimax:
I've been saying it that there is nothing like PLASTIC RICE embarassed
Plastic is meant to be more expensive than rice so I do not get it when educated people thought there was such thing as plastic rice.ahaha
Give yourselves slaps if you fell for this . grin
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Revolva(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2016
i go like eat dis platic rice ooo wow
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2016
nwabobo:

What tainted the rice? This is government propaganda at its highest.

Forget government propaganda abeg!

Speaking as someone who knows people whose lives were affected badly by fake imported drugs, I doubt that NAFDAC or someone in government would deliberately taint rice to stop Nigerians from eating imported rice.

Also, keep in mind that not every importer of rice are good people....some of them are bad people who won't mind importing substadard products so that they can make quick money....it does not matter to them if people die. Thank God NAFDAC is at least trying to stop them.

And keep in mind also that there are good importers whose imported products pass NAFDAC tests too.

If you like....eat tainted rice. Na you wey go suffer. As for me....high time we stopped being a dumping ground for all sorts of tainted products. It is in our interest.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by erico2k2(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2016
buygala:
"Micro - organisms above permissible limit "

Madam Nafdac, please what's the national limit for micro - organisms in our food items?

And please, are there nationally recognized micro - organisms approved for human consumption by Nafdac?

If yes, please give us a list of them and also indicate their "permissible limit" smiley

Thanks a lot Ma for your anticipated cooperation smiley
This is what an intelligent criticism should look/sound like pressmen should have asked these questions yesterday at the conference instead they where busy taking pinsure and filming . Lubish
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by eddyline(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2016
buygala:

Madam Nafdac, please what's the national limit for micro - organisms in our food items?

And please, are there nationally recognized micro - organisms approved for human consumption by Nafdac?

If yes, please give us a list of them and also indicate their "permissible limit" smiley

Per oral foods and other products are usually not required to be sterile (completely free from micro organisms) as such, permissible limits are set for such items. such limits vary for different microorganisms however. but generally, Salmonella and E. coli should not be present

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Rebuke: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2016
This country is a scam. Trust me, there are too much hidden facts.

I said it but some people were too dull to reason it out.

1.Tell me, how would plastics be made into rice to have d same weight as rice?

2. If no.1 is possible, what's the cost of such production?

3. How on earth would yhu cook a plastic rice and it end up like a normal cooked rice without some sort of melting that ends the whole thing into a mess?

I have serious ish with our present youths. Too dull to reason. We jxt go wt d wave. Too too bad.

Now, itz another story and yhu all will jxt take it hook n sinker.

For me, the real truth behind the seized rice hasn't bin told.

Sorry for fake government, fake leaders, fake, fake, fake everything!!!! Smh.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by rozayx5(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2016
classicyung:

your always welcome to my area

i own some swamps
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by dharmiedrums(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2016
shut up jor...imagine he was your father grin
kristian98:
Pls serve buhari a bowl of expired plastic rice. We need him dead and its an emergency
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by ebimila: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2016
Strangely i have seen this "BEST RICE" in mile 2 estate market " amuwo odofin axis and bariga although 25kg bags so that means its in circulation. I even told the dealer at amuwo that the brand of rice was announced as been fake...the woman just hissed and said na today...May God help us
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2016
[img][/img]
Atiku2019:
Good smiley

Tho whenever I see or read about NAFDAC my mind flahes back to remember the Great Dora Akunyili...

Continue to Rest Madam. Wherever you are Dora Nigerians will never forget your Good Deeds smiley
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2016
Atiku2019:
Good smiley

Tho whenever I see or read about NAFDAC my mind flahes back to remember the Great Dora Akunyili...

Continue to Rest Madam. Wherever you are Dora Nigerians will never forget your Good Deeds smiley

If Nigeria were to really truthfully applaud her heros, then these two women should be granted the highest honor

Dr. Dora Akunyili for her work in Nafdac

Dr. Adadaevoh for spotting the ebola pati3nt zero

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2016
NAFDAC is either wholly INCOMPETENT or have a huge gap in human capacity and expertise.

The Rice is made out of part Potato and part PLASTIC Hence the name plastic rice.. does NAFDAC even utilize their research function optimally?

Here is a real story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw65n3ajZu4

We still have registered Pure Water Sellers selling contaminated water

We still have tradomedical practitioners selling concoctions that cure mental illness, HIV/AIDS, Infertility, STD, Arthritis, Sexual Stamina and Back2Sender All-in-One bottle with NAFDAC Registration Number. HOW?
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by buygala(m): 9:42am On Dec 30, 2016
eddyline:

Per oral foods and other products are usually not required to be sterile (completely free from micro organisms) as such, permissible limits are set for such items. such limits vary for different microorganisms however. but generally, Salmonella and E. coli should not be present

Thanks you Sir. ..but the question still remains...

What exactly are the permissible limits for the different microorganisms?

And you mentioned just Salmonella and e coli ..please what about

Clostridium Botulinum
Vibrio cholera
Tetanus
Aspergillus
Staphylococcus
Streptococcus
Syphilis
Mycobacterium tuberculosis

Are these ones and many more Nafdac approved oral microorganisms? sad
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Ups01(m): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2016
Atiku2019:
Good smiley

She was a Strong woman.
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by OlaSpeaker(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2016
classicyung:
Amen

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Realdeals(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2016
It was also revealed that several metric tons of expired and dangerous rice are still lying in wait at warehouses in neighboring countries with Nigeria as their target
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by eddyline(m): 9:58am On Dec 30, 2016
buygala:

Thanks you Sir. ..but the question still remains...

What exactly are the permissible limits for the different microorganisms?

And you mentioned just Salmonella and e coli ..please what about

Clostridium Botulinum
Vibrio cholera
Tetanus
Aspergillus
Staphylococcus
Streptococcus
Syphilis
Mycobacterium tuberculosis

Are these ones and many more Nafdac approved oral microorganisms? sad

generally, coliforms and not just the two i mentioned are supposed to be absent in oral preparations and foods. not that they are nafdac approved but rather their presence suggests feacal contamination. I cannot start listing the limits for each microorganisms right now. perhaps you could Google that out. am sure you know that microorganisms are ubiquitous and as such it is inevitable to have them present in foodstuffs, water, etc. that is why limits are being set in CFU/g or CFU/ ml as the case may be. thanks.
Re: 5 Things We Discovered In Latest Laboratory Test On Plastic Rice - NAFDAC by Genea(f): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2016
buygala:

yes darl, there are permissible limits for m/orgs that are beneficial to humans.. But wah I wud have preferred she said was dah the sanitary quality of the rice is low, rather Dan say permissible limit cos this could be misinterpreted.... wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Show Us Your Easter Cooking And Food / Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria / Between Semovita/semolina/wheatmeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.