Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,744 members, 7,840,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin (8781 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by rasputinn(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2009
Yea right,give a dog a bad name in order to hang it,pull out 40k by weekend ands 10k by Mon,how does he do it,by over-the-counter followed by multiple ATMs or what,NVA please look for another excuse to bite Obagol.Awon ole
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by adconline(m): 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2009
Why are people shouting abouting withdrawing 40,000 pounds in cash? The rules that apply to mere mortals like us do not apply to celebs. Besides they are private bank clients. They dont do your usual branch runs. In my bank we employees cant even pull up their accounts to view their balances. (trust me i've tried to find Donald Trump's account!) . Their banks are just glad to have them as clients and cater to their every whims. They make a lot of dough and when they want to spend it, you cannot stop them.

I dont know about different laws for celebrities. Even Barry Bonds -US ex  baseball player  who is way too much richer than Martins could only deposit $9,999 to avoid  being questioned by govt officials. Anything above $10k is likely going to trigger an investigation. someone is going to ask u some questions while taking 40K out of your account and someone is going to ask u questions whenever u deposit it. This goes on and on. Since his money is legit, he could worry less of govt officials and I think their incomes are pre-taxed
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by yommyuk: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2009
He won't be the first and surely won't be the last. Only time will tell cool
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by mamagee3(f): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2009
Rich men are getting richer! tongue
Poor men are getting poorer
! tongue
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by chyjoke1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2009
GBP65000@N250/GBP is over N1.6m naira spent every week, please give me a break. please look for real estate agents in LAGOS, ABUJA & JOS and confirm from them before these allegations.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Outstrip(f): 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2009
adconline:

Why are people shouting abouting withdrawing 40,000 pounds in cash? The rules that apply to mere mortals like us do not apply to celebs. Besides they are private bank clients. They dont do your usual branch runs. In my bank we employees cant even pull up their accounts to view their balances. (trust me i've tried to find Donald Trump's account!) . Their banks are just glad to have them as clients and cater to their every whims. They make a lot of dough and when they want to spend it, you cannot stop them.

I dont know about different laws for celebrities. Even Barry Bonds -US ex  baseball player  who is way too much richer than Martins could only deposit $9,999 to avoid  being questioned by govt officials. Anything above $10k is likely going to trigger an investigation. someone is going to ask u some questions while taking 40K out of your account and someone is going to ask u questions whenever u deposit it. This goes on and on. Since his money is legit, he could worry less of govt officials and I think their incomes are pre-taxed

You are talking about two different things. They are insisting that it is impossible to take out 40k at once but in the US you can take your money if you want. Anything over $10,000.00 of course will raise questions but nobody has the right to stop you from withdrawing your money especially when a judge has not said so or when there is no reason to believe that you are using it to finance terrorism or any other crime.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by oge4real(f): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2009
Big man, big wahala.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by shetani: 12:27am On Nov 23, 2009
oge4real:

Big man, big wahala.

EXACT

this is why africans are always broke, family family relatives, relatives,
family family and then more relatives

if u dont know how to hold urself with ur family u will end up bankcrupt and they will laugh loudest
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by spoilt(f): 12:29am On Nov 23, 2009
adconline:

I dont know about different laws for celebrities. Even Barry Bonds -US ex  baseball player  who is way too much richer than Martins could only deposit $9,999 to avoid  being questioned by govt officials. Anything above $10k is likely going to trigger an investigation. someone is going to ask u some questions while taking 40K out of your account and someone is going to ask u questions whenever u deposit it. This goes on and on. Since his money is legit, he could worry less of govt officials and I think their incomes are pre-taxed

For any deposit over 10,000 (CASH) the bank has to fill out a report with the customer declaring the source of funds. It doesnt mean you cant deposit it, it only means you MAY be investigated to make sure you are not money laundering. We've gotten stricter since 9/11. If your job is legit (c'mon all celebs are well known!) eyebrows will not be raised and investigation closed. Many people just cant be bothered and try to deposit below ten grand at a time.  As far as I know you can withdraw your money anytime afterall its yours. You just have to give us advance notice to make sure we have it ready. Chikena.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by ladej(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2009
spoilt:

For any deposit over 10,000 (CASH) the bank has to fill out a report with the customer declaring the source of funds. It doesnt mean you cant deposit it, it only means you MAY be investigated to make sure you are not money laundering. We've gotten stricter since 9/11. If your job is legit (c'mon all celebs are well known!) eyebrows will not be raised and investigation closed. Many people just cant be bothered and try to deposit below ten grand at a time.  As far as I know you can withdraw your money anytime afterall its yours. You just have to give us advance notice to make sure we have it ready. Chikena.
thats right grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by xpawn(m): 2:40am On Nov 23, 2009
:p
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by heilige(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2009
@walakolobo

u dont seem to know how the banking system works. U can withdraw any amount @ anytime as long as you have the money and u inform them upfront. So therefore maybe oba goal informed them, that expect me to withdraw "X" amount everyweek.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by AngieFan(f): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2009
One way to spend spend £75,000+ a week in the UK.

There are private cubs in London where a bottle of vintage wine goes for £34,000. If that is too much then a glass will set you back a mere £3,500. I have been to one such club and saw the prices myself on the menu. Needless to say I settled for a £10.00 burger instead and a cheap glass of Chardonnay for about £7.00.  cool.

It is also not unheard of for a bartender to receive a  tip of up to £10,000. Then there are the high class prostitutes that can charge anything from £10- 30k a night. Don't ask me how I know. .  .  lol

Such clubs are often frequented by Hip Hop Stars like Jay Z and Wife Beyonce, Kanye, Diddy, Rhianna and  major league Footballers and other celebrities. Obafemi was probably living the life of a baller.

How about flying First Class to NY,LA and Paris every weekend? A first class ticket and a 2 night stay in a 5 star hotel in top cities like New York, Paris, London and LA can easily set one back £20,000. I know those footballers often take their girlfriends or wives on international shopping sprees every other weekend. Or how about flying to Paris or New York just to attend a party, award show or other event?

£75,000 is small change to someone who generates millions every year however it would appear that Obafemi was living above his means.

The list is endless.

If anyone really wants to know how to spend £75,000 in one week in the UK please PM me. Be sure to have the £75000 that you wish to spend and I can meet you in Knightsbridge West London outside Harrods where we can plan the day from there,   grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Yoighaman(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2009
@Angiefan

Nice analysis; i hope to live the "good" life someday; ain't nothing like it!

@ Poster

Obafemi the "Orile dude" is no fool; i don't want to believe this gist; he sure knows what he is up to.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by kirkmikel: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2009
what do you xpect from somoeone who transformed suddenly  from hawking Eko and ogi for stipends to making mega bucks.
       I just pray that he continues to be relevant in his team so that the big bucks will continue to roll in and seriously hope that he saves something tangible back home so that he does not end up like the Amokachies and the Etim Esins of this world. I can also see the absence of a good woman in his life remember this guy lost the only true Idol he had some years back. Nigerians please pray for him well .
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by azeezengr(m): 10:13am On Nov 23, 2009
The news can only be true if and only if (a) He is into drugs (b)He is having projects back home. If (a) is true -BADLUCK for him, if (b) is true GOODLUCK to him
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by chidichris(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2009
wonders can never end.
if u read through this thread, u will see how intelligent nigerians are but the wonder here is why most intelligent nairalanders can never ever convert their intelligence to wealth.
he that is down needs fear no fall. for the pepetual poor men here, u can never be as stupid as martins.
my prayer is that i want to be as stupid and foolish as martins and if possible, more stupid and foolish.
the most successful news on nairaland is negative news which bring joy to the hearts of many.
sometimes, i wonder what or how human beings are made. why is wickedness a culture in nigeria? why do we celebrate other people's sorrow? are we natural saddists.
those who call martins stupid will end up wise and poor. what is the need of wisdom when u can barely feed urself.
those who know how to make money will also know how to spend it.
tyson made billions and is poor today, does that make u better than him.
i am well convienced that no matter how cow purge reach, it can never be as small as a goat.
100 billion was collected from the abachas, does that make them poor? trillions were retrieved from balogun and alams respectively, are they begging now in our streets?
nairalanders must learn to pray that they get to that height where companies will file a suite against their spending manners.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by hypertech(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2009
He certainly knows what he's doing. Though  i hate to admit it.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Yoighaman(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2009
@Chidichris

i feel u bro. The 'world' especially Nigerians (Yes Nigerians) like to rejoice at other peoples' downfall; we need to change this attitude if we must succeed as individuals 'cos what we see is what we get.

Stop looking out for and 'seeing' other peeps 'downfall'; see thier 'uprise'.

nairalanders must learn to pray that they get to that height where companies will file a suite against their spending manners[color=#000099][/color].-i remember LARRY ELLISON's (Oracle) accountant making a public outcry about his spending habit.

What Larry said: "I have so much money than i can spend. Money is the only means by which we count the score of the game"

Let's all pray for so much than we can spend.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Caringpro(f): 10:44am On Nov 23, 2009
This story if far from being truthful. Just trying to substantiate their bogus claims before the court.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Kx: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2009
Martins is around 23/24 now!!,
in d next 3/4yrs,he would have lived out his football career,
I hope,he is thinking in dat direction with his 75k/week wage sha.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by mccloud224(m): 11:08am On Nov 23, 2009
@Chidichris and Yoighaman

I never intended to comment on this post (i did on yahoo the first day it was posted though).People can be so block headed sometimes (even the ones with masters and phd's).How can anyone believe Martins is blowing away money carelessly! He has been playing professional football for years and has seen the millions pile up to the ceiling.Money doesn't move people like him (unless it's above $30 million USD). 75k pounds is chump change that he can dash one of the numerous "relatives and family members" who will definitely be calling his number none stop for one need or the other. And what if he wants to lavish his money?IT'S NOBODY'S BUSINESS.When he was struggling in the local clubs to make it to super eagles, how many of you where there for him?Do you know all the sh*t he must have endured during that period?Nobody knows and nobody cares.All they know is that Obafemi is broke AND THEY ARE SECRETLY HAPPY about it.The mind set of human beings never ceases to amaze me.The investments he has in Nigeria alone is more than enough to keep him and his family going (and living lavishly) till they die.

@Oba haters

If you are jealous of people that have money, you will NEVER see good money in your life.You can't have what you HATE.It's that simple.Make una continue to dey wish am bad.You can never get to one tenth of his level even if he spends $500,000 every week for the next 50 years, he still pass una.

Rubbish bad belle people! ! !
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by mccloud224(m): 11:19am On Nov 23, 2009
wonders can never end.
if u read through this thread, u will see how intelligent nigerians are but the wonder here is why most intelligent nairalanders can never ever convert their intelligence to wealth.
he that is down needs fear no fall. for the pepetual poor men here, u can never be as stupid as martins.
my prayer is that i want to be as stupid and foolish as martins and if possible, more stupid and foolish.
the most successful news on nairaland is negative news which bring joy to the hearts of many.
sometimes, i wonder what or how human beings are made. why is wickedness a culture in nigeria? why do we celebrate other people's sorrow? are we natural saddists.
those who call martins stupid will end up wise and poor. what is the need of wisdom when u can barely feed urself.
those who know how to make money will also know how to spend it.
tyson made billions and is poor today, does that make u better than him.
i am well convienced that no matter how cow purge reach, it can never be as small as a goat.
100 billion was collected from the abachas, does that make them poor? trillions were retrieved from balogun and alams respectively, are they begging now in our streets?
nairalanders must learn to pray that they get to that height where companies will file a suite against their spending manners.

@Chidichris

i feel u bro. The 'world' especially Nigerians (Yes Nigerians) like to rejoice at other peoples' downfall; we need to change this attitude if we must succeed as individuals 'cos what we see is what we get.

Stop looking out for and 'seeing' other peeps 'downfall'; see thier 'uprise'.

nairalanders must learn to pray that they get to that height where companies will file a suite against their spending manners.-i remember LARRY ELLISON's (Oracle) accountant making a public outcry about his spending habit.

What Larry said: "I have so much money than i can spend. Money is the only means by which we count the score of the game"

Let's all pray for so much than we can spend.

The most sensible posts so far.Thank God people still get common sense to see beyond propaganda.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Monoxide(m): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2009
What is martins using the money for ?cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by mccloud224(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
What is martins using the money for ?

@monoxide

He is using it to buy Agoyin beans and Agege bread. grin grin grin
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Nezan(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
Is this not a set-up?
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by 9icee: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
hehehehehe wot a funny story
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by dhamie2009(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
just leave the guy, let him live his life and in a matter of time he would understand what it means to be broke.

let him ask tyson tongue tongue

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by mccloud224(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2009
ust leave the guy, let him live his life and in a matter of time he would understand what it means to be broke.

let him ask tyson

Kai! ! !

See "well wishers" shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by temmytanny(m): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
the story is bullshit

have we all forgetten that the UK govt tax people that earn over 250k per year over 40%?

if you deducted that,what is left my people? or i no sabi maths again?

even if he is withdrawing such huge amount,am sure he is sending some home for keeps and taking care of family
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by deols(f): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2009
Am a Martins fan and i dont wanna believe this.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by ladej(m): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
deols:

Am a Martins fan and i dont wanna believe this.
thanks. the funny thing is while we are all wasting precious time debating this[ at least 1 week he will earn another 40k pounds or thereabout]. leave the guy jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make 10000 With 1000 With Just Five Bet / Judge Furious As Pinnick, Dikko, Other NFF Officials Shun Court / Where Is Rashidi Yekini?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.