Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin (8782 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by nayalee(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
heard he bought a ring for n24m, ow can this be true when he is indebted, lol
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Outstrip(f): 12:31am On Nov 24, 2009
nayalee:

heard he bought a ring for n24m, ow can this be true when he is indebted, lol

Very possible. With his income he can finance 3 times that amount if he wants
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by dammit4u(m): 5:24am On Nov 24, 2009
D guy dey invest his MONEY wisely and not LAVISHLY
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by aywills(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2009
The Boy Is Crazy!!!!! shocked
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by oluwaferin: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2009
hi nairaland i hope dis is not true,how could a normal person withdraw such money in cash in uk for dat matter.it's very obvious for a famous celebrity.spendin lavichly so crazy.one advice for u obagol,i pray my 9ja conutryman no go dey contribute for u later. shocked
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by muyiwah666(m): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2009
i think the guy is staching the money somewhere, he does not look like a fool,
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by BiyaCross: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2009
Interesting story. May seem a lost cause but I'd like to come to Martins' defence here. This debacle of being sued and all, has been going on since February of this year, ever since the relationship between NVA management and Martins turned sour. (See article here: http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2009/02/08/obafemi-martins-sued-over-disputed-agent-fees-79310-22879624/)
I'm not one to judge - but wasn't it the NVA folks the ones touting themselves as buyers of Newcastle United earlier this year in yet another publicity hungry rave? Questionable if you asked me.
NVA was supposed to manage his affairs and broker deals on his (Martins) behalf - apparently. So then, were his affairs managed properly? It's a different thing altogether if the relationship turned sour and both parties went their ways - a totally different kettle of fish demanding to get paid for services not rendered - or indeed lacklustre type service.
How many of us would earn that much money, sign up with an agency who wants to get paid gazilions per phone call and carrying out most bssic of duties? Haba! I certainly wouldn't want to keep my money lying around for an agency like that.
I would have thought an astute agency would put things in order properly and not have to resort to mudslinging by way of a media blitz and court battles to recover alleged monies owed. Surely a 'Super' Agency like NVA would have well defined and stipulated modes of payment - eh? Remember something called invoice, pay-by-dates? They'd rather do the 'ja-gba' (snatch it) mentality and approach to things.

Has anyone been on the NVA management website? (http://www.nvamanagement.com/) Parading footballers you don't even manage on the website does not necesarily mean you know how to manage a footballer. Yet another little bird told me; the CEO is a club promoter and DJ by trade, thus his venture into rubbing shoulders with stars - laudable, I must admit!

It'll be interesting to see what contract was signed or agreed with the footballer in question before all of this brouhaha.
Why did NVA get fired? A little bird told me they were more interested in introducing diamonds merchants (all for a back end fee of course!) to Martins, which he refused a few times. The plot thickens!

The tenure of the contract - apparently - was for 2 years/seasons but NVA got fired before the first season ended - interesting. Perhaps Martins is not as stupid as NVA have tried to make him out to be.
So did Martins do all these alleged spending, the seasons before then and the one before and so forth? Questionable if you asked me. Let's not be so gullible and get taken on a ride by a some rag-tag, fly-by-night agent/agency who seemingly is on a quest for publicity.
So, NVA yet again, fired by Jordan AKA Katie Price after a couple of months (wonder why they didn't sue Jordan - may be because she didn't quite fit the bill of a sterotypical 'dumb black star' as thought) fired by Obafemi MArtins the list goes on.

Question is, why didn't all these happen whilst he was in Italy playing for Inter-Milan? Why didn't whoever took over from NVA (after they were fired) report the same thing? Really curious as to why folks still see African stars as easy prey for lawsuits. Well, perhaps it's time for a new awakening for high profile sports personalties - rethink management of their affairs with astute an credible agencies.

As for Martins, earning his wages surely doesn't preclude him from dining out with mates and of course driving what car he likes - so long as they're paid for. Here's hoping Martins sees the need to surround himself with people of integrity. I rest my case.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by 700john: 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
I am forced to strongly believe this guy knows what is doing! make na leave the guy jo!
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by Outstrip(f): 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
BiyaCross:

Interesting story. May seem a lost cause but I'd like to come to Martins' defence here. This debacle of being sued and all, has been going on since February of this year, ever since the relationship between NVA management and Martins turned sour. (See article here: http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2009/02/08/obafemi-martins-sued-over-disputed-agent-fees-79310-22879624/)
I'm not one to judge - but wasn't it the NVA folks the ones touting themselves as buyers of Newcastle United earlier this year in yet another publicity hungry rave? Questionable if you asked me.
NVA was supposed to manage his affairs and broker deals on his (Martins) behalf - apparently. So then, were his affairs managed properly? It's a different thing altogether if the relationship turned sour and both parties went their ways - a totally different kettle of fish demanding to get paid for services not rendered - or indeed lacklustre type service.
How many of us would earn that much money, sign up with an agency who wants to get paid gazilions per phone call and carrying out most bssic of duties? Haba! I certainly wouldn't want to keep my money lying around for an agency like that.
I would have thought an astute agency would put things in order properly and not have to resort to mudslinging by way of a media blitz and court battles to recover alleged monies owed. Surely a 'Super' Agency like NVA would have well defined and stipulated modes of payment - eh? Remember something called invoice, pay-by-dates? They'd rather do the 'ja-gba' (snatch it) mentality and approach to things.

Has anyone been on the NVA management website? (http://www.nvamanagement.com/) Parading footballers you don't even manage on the website does not necesarily mean you know how to manage a footballer. Yet another little bird told me; the CEO is a club promoter and DJ by trade, thus his venture into rubbing shoulders with stars - laudable, I must admit!

It'll be interesting to see what contract was signed or agreed with the footballer in question before all of this brouhaha.
Why did NVA get fired? A little bird told me they were more interested in introducing diamonds merchants (all for a back end fee of course!) to Martins, which he refused a few times. The plot thickens!

The tenure of the contract - apparently - was for 2 years/seasons but NVA got fired before the first season ended - interesting. Perhaps Martins is not as stupid as NVA have tried to make him out to be.
So did Martins do all these alleged spending, the seasons before then and the one before and so forth? Questionable if you asked me. Let's not be so gullible and get taken on a ride by a some rag-tag, fly-by-night agent/agency who seemingly is on a quest for publicity.
So, NVA yet again, fired by Jordan AKA Katie Price after a couple of months (wonder why they didn't sue Jordan - may be because she didn't quite fit the bill of a sterotypical 'dumb black star' as thought) fired by Obafemi MArtins the list goes on.

Question is, why didn't all these happen whilst he was in Italy playing for Inter-Milan? Why didn't whoever took over from NVA (after they were fired) report the same thing? Really curious as to why folks still see African stars as easy prey for lawsuits. Well, perhaps it's time for a new awakening for high profile sports personalties - rethink management of their affairs with astute an credible agencies.

As for Martins, earning his wages surely doesn't preclude him from dining out with mates and of course driving what car he likes - so long as they're paid for. Here's hoping Martins sees the need to surround himself with people of integrity. I rest my case.

If he entrusted his money to a DJ then it even makes me believe more that his money is in serious jeopardy
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by BiyaCross: 2:17am On Nov 25, 2009
Outstrip:

If he entrusted his money to a DJ then it even makes me believe more that his money is in serious jeopardy

More questions for me as to that one. You're spot on. You can imagine going on the NVA website and seeing pictures of well known stars and politicians. That's a step away from getting a player signed - the bling-bling effect.
I'm just all about the smoking gun effect here. By the way, I'm playing devil's advocate and take a stance for Naija / African stars in the sports industry. The press here harangue them so much. So long as you play for England, then it's all good.
Case in point: There weren’t any issues about Michael Owen’s gambling sprees and over-the-top excesses even when he failed to perform on the pitch whilst playing for Newcastle. I think NVA is up to no good again and see Martins as easy prey. This is my own simple assessment of the situation - perhaps too simple. Time will tell.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by badman007(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2009
how can we prove that these clubs pay as much as we hear 75,000 for small obafemi?
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by thameamead(f): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2009
BiyaCross:

he lives in a million pound penthouse over looking the river in canary wharf, he wants to live the rich lifestyle and wants people like obafemi martin to pay for his life style, he manages a few footballers and thinks he is a celebrity as well. i do not think he would dare treat rio ferdinard like that, people always want to rip off african footballers,

y did obafemi not turn up in court on tuesday, he needs to turn up with a good lawyer to show he's not weak.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by eneomojo: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2009
Let Obagol enjoy his money now that he is still young, afterall he worked 4 it. Richmond
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by honeric01(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
Martins out for the year
(PA) Friday 27 November 2009
Print
Email my friend

Wolfsburg striker Obafemi Martins will miss the rest of the calendar year due to a shin problem which requires surgery.

The Nigerian forward has been ruled out of Wolfsburg's clash with Werder Bremen tomorrow and will have an operation on his left shin next week, ruling him out until the new year. "He is suffering a lot from the injury and the pain has become strong," explained the Wolves' coach Armin Veh. "There is no way around an operation now."
He is suffering a lot from the injury and the pain has become strong.
Wolfsburg coach Armin Veh

Martins was originally scheduled to go under the knife at the end of the first half of the Bundesliga season on 20 December, but that has now been brought forward since the player is currently unable to even train.

He should be fit enough to return to action for the start of the second half of the season in mid-January.
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by davidif: 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2010
na wa o. shocked
Re: Obafemi Martins Risks Financial Ruin by jalether(m): 12:13am On Jun 07, 2010
That's no big deal, considering I spend £100,000 every 2 days cool, why people con dey shout on top ordinary £75,000 cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Judge Furious As Pinnick, Dikko, Other NFF Officials Shun Court / Where Is Rashidi Yekini? / Am I The Fastest Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.