Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa (101511 Views)

My Seaside Picnic In Roslagen, Sweden (photos, Video) / Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking A Seaside Selfie In Portugal (Photos) / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by fkj950ax(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Niyinficient:
Nairalanders in Akure the Ondo state capital made a trip to the largest coastline in West Africa in Araromi seaside in And State..

Hello Op.
How can I get to this location by public transportation. Traveling from owo.

Thanks

If possible cost outlay

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
seguno2:

Most probably the noise of the forest in the night, which a town's person is not used to and therefore ascribes to dead spirits.
Those who enslaved us in the past, continue to enslave us today and may enslave us forever stay inside similar forests all night to observe scientifically lessons to further dominate our silly, lazy asses.

over sabi ...have you been there ? do you know the history of ugoton n CO? claiming smart ontop wetin you no know.... gerarahere
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
ajoskele:
I just confirmed you are a very bad liar. There is no Owo Grammar School. We only have Owo High School some metres down FMC if you are coming to Ikare junction.

Bro, I won't reply you again. I just discovered you have been lying all day.
Daginidoro!

Sure tuck tail and run like the yellow belly that you are grin

So I confused Owo High School with Owo Grammar School, is that all you have? I left there over 35 years ago when my Dad was the bank manager for Cooperative Bank, Owo.

Ikare ko, Itire ni.

PS: I'm not your Bro, we don't have malcontents in my family.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

over sabi ...have you been there ? do you know the history of ugoton n CO? claiming smart ontop wetin you no know.... gerarahere

What's with you folks with your Gorilaesque chest-thumping about being somewhere? Is it a must for him to have gone there to do research or have knowledge about places?

You have a smartphone in your hands, use it as it's not limited to Nairaland alone.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

What's with you folks with your Gorilaesque chest-thumping about being somewhere? Is it a must for him to have gone there to do research or have knowledge about places?

You have a smartphone in your hands, use it as it's not limited to Nairaland alone.
lmao ...and you think internet gives you everything.. fabricated shit on internet... this is Africa not Yankee..Peace.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by seguno2: 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
lozanni:
Yes, demand creates supply, but sometime hype through 'media manipulation' can create demand for a product, we only need to look at Apple's iPhone series to know the power of the media: the unexplainable rush to queue for a prodduct that is yet to be released to the market.
I wonder too why nothing has been down to really convert Elegushi beach to a tourist haven, seems they are more interested in hotel development which is very,very lucrative as you are assured of almost 100% occupancy rates; for all the lodging accommodation available in hotels around the VI and Lekki Axis.

You are very correct.
Your second highlighted point is a reflection of our values as a society. Too much focus for unnecessary effizzy and noise that hardly generates anything beyond the I-better-pass-my-neighbor feeling.
How do we change our value system?
Who will coordinate the media hype for such change?
Will media hype be enough?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by seguno2: 7:25pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

You should change your moniker.
Paradigm SHIFT is very inappropriate for you.

Many (if not all) of the rivers in our country have one god ascribed to them and we dared not even swim or enter them (or parts thereof) without making sacrifices.
Today most of those rives have bridges built over them with oyinbo technology and black labour.
If we don't have a REAL paradigm shift, we shall remain eternal undeveloped slaves to those who push out to the limits in various ways.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by mikaelzX(m): 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
olumide4christ:

They all have boundaries with the ocean....yess..but not every coastline has a beach bothering the sea/ocean....they may have just mangrove forest/swamp adjoining the sea as is predominant in the South-South areas of this country. That's Geography for you...don't know if you studied it in secondary school. Sooo...the person you quoted wasn't far from the truth.

Every Geography student knows that coastlines differ from place to place...that's why in England for example, you have rocky cliffs adjoining the ocean..same with some countries like Norway...no beaches..You find beaches in countries like France, Spain, Portugal..that's why the British travel to these places to enjoy the beaches and the sun.

Very educative reply, though I am well aware of the varying nature of coasts or shores around the planet. If Lagos has sandy coasts; why not the other states mentioned? aren't they all in a similar geographic location.

So the possibility of other sandy shores existing in other states sharing boarders with the Atlantic, like they do, should be considered and not outrightly discarded.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
seguno2:

You should change your moniker.
Paradigm SHIFT is very inappropriate for you.

Many (if not all) of the rivers in our country have one god ascribed to them and we dared not even swim or enter them (or parts thereof) without making sacrifices slaves to those who push out to the limits in various ways.
Today most of those rives have bridges built over them with oyinbo technology and black labour.
If we don't have a REAL paradigm shift, we shall remain eternal undeveloped

bro am civilized and I don't like writing stories. you can't be too civilized to call your tradition foolish. have seen it all n ve seen black power in display, my brother what you don't understand is your senior brother. tradition is not the reason for under development, hold your useless government responsible..
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:
lmao ...and you think internet gives you everything.. fabricated shit on internet... this is Africa not Yankee..Peace.

And why are you telling me that it's Africa? I don't see the value of that in this conversation.

The internet gives you 3rd person perspective of raw data like videos from YouTube on which you can then decide what you want to believe.

The world is out there.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
mikaelzX:

Very educative reply, though I am well aware of the varying nature of coasts or shores around the planet. If Lagos has sandy coasts; why not the other states mentioned? aren't they all in a similar geographic location .

So the possibility of other sandy shores existing in other states sharing boarders with the Atlantic, like they do, should be considered and not outrightly discarded.

Because the soil composition is not the same, basic geography.

Even in the same city, some drill 10 meters and they hit water and in other parts of the same city they have to drill 80 meters to reach the aquifer.

The beauty of this thread is that many of us did not know the existence of such a place. Not that it's geographically unique.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by seguno2: 7:48pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I watched this very informative documentary on Irele community, Ondo State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0zMa_vxTp0

It's saddening to hear the citizens clamoring to have bitumen exploration occur in their town despite knowing the damage that it will cause the environment.

I wonder why they don't instead consider large scale, very large-scale, mechanized farming instead.

I just watched it finally.
Very sad what individual long throat of elected/ allowed leaders can cause despite available information and the terrible state of things in the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And why are you telling me that it's Africa? I don't see the value of that in this conversation.

The internet gives you 3rd person perspective of raw data like videos from YouTube on which you can then decide what you want to believe.

The world is out there.

you think you can get the detailed African revolution n black science on YouTube.. I laf in Swahili..... make I chop my rice abeg..

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

you think you can get the detailed African revolution n black science on YouTube.. I laf in Swahili..... make I chop my rice abeg..

Yep, I can and I have and so did many others.

This is why the developed worlds are light years ahead of us and will always be.

The USA hasn't set foot on Mars yet they are teaching science based on what they've learnt with videos.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
seguno2:

I just watched it finally.
Very sad what individual long throat of elected/ allowed leaders can cause despite available information and the terrible state of things in the Niger Delta.

Oh please for Gods sake, you need to travel there o.

Don't base anything on YouTube or internet because you know you can't learn anything on the "internets" grin

Hope you can see my sarcasm cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by seguno2: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Oh please for Gods sake, you need to travel there o.

Don't base anything on YouTube or internet because you know you can't learn anything on the "internets" grin

Hope you can see my sarcasm cheesy

I see am with my two korokoro eyes that have shifted in paradigm.
Hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by seguno2: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

I hope sey that rice wey you dey chop na from "African revolution n black science".
So much for paradigm shift!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yep, I can and I have and so did many others.

This is why the developed worlds are light years ahead of us and will always be.

The USA hasn't set foot on Mars yet they are teaching science based on what they've learnt with videos.

dey there and be comparing America to USA ...lmao
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
seguno2:

I hope sey that rice wey you dey chop na from "African revolution n black science".
So much for paradigm shift!!!

u ve no point bro... stop contracting yourself 2make a point... dis paper rice dope shall.. ..peace
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

dey there and be comparing America to USA ...lmao

Sidon there with smartphone in your hand and refuse to expand your horizon smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by buchilino(m): 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
Niyinficient:

Omolola me! Babe I dey here o, we just dey low key dey observe as d matter dey go. So nice to hear frm u dearie!

Bros, the essence of the post is for people to know about the place.....nothing else so pls, keep telling people about the place.

Guys, this discussion is getting unhealthy, leave the guy if he doesn't want to believe it is the longest coastline, he hasnt been to the place or walk it, neither has he spoken to d locals who live there, Leave him to his opinion. Happy new year to u all

AM SOMEONE DAT LUVS NATURE SO MUCH, SEEING D TERRIBLE ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION HAPPENING AT EKO COASTLINE, I FEEL IT'S BETA PPLE DON'T NO ABOUT DIS PLACE. ESPECIALLY D BLACK MAN.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by mikolo80: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
whirlwind7:

About your comments in bold....
Bro, save your breath. Black Africa has no leadership. Just brain dead political jobbers.
brain dead?
They are hammering
You're dying
Who looks brain dead between the two

When all they do is sit on their ass and wait for the next federal allocation to be diverted into their personal kitty, you don't seriously expect them to impact the life of those who gave them the mandate to oversee their welfare.
what else would you have them do
They get it easily with no questions asked because your kind refuse to participate in politics

Nice beach, by the way. Didn't know one like that existed in that state (Ondo?)

akwa ibom too gas beach o
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by mikaelzX(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Because the soil composition is not the same, basic geography.

Even in the same city, some drill 10 meters and they hit water and in other parts of the same city they have to drill 80 meters to reach the aquifer.

The beauty of this thread is that many of us did not know the existence of such a place. Not that it's geographically unique.
Please read on 'Beach formation'. Beaches are formed by the ocean currents moving sand and other particles to shore. The ocean currents erode the original soil on the shore and replaces with beach sand. So you see, all shores should be sandy but the ones whose original components are resistant to erosion
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
mikaelzX:

Please read on 'Beach formation'. Beaches are formed by the ocean currents moving sand and other particles to shore. The ocean currents erode the original soil on the shore and replaces with beach sand. So you see, all shores should be sandy but the ones whose original components are resistant to erosion

All shores cannot be and are not sandy. Some locations do not allow themselves to having what any reasonable person will call a sandy beach.

Easy peasy.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ajoskele(m): 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Sure tuck tail and run like the yellow belly that you are grin

So I confused Owo High School with Owo Grammar School, is that all you have? I left there over 35 years ago when my Dad was the bank manager for Cooperative Bank, Owo.

Ikare ko, Itire ni.

PS: I'm not your Bro, we don't have malcontents in my family.
Really? Chai, NL caused all these.

No matter how daft you could be, you can NEVER forget the name of your high school. I go you there.

However, if you stayed in Owo years back and do not know Ikare, it just confirmed you are a pathetic liar.

Microfinance kor, microtintin ni.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
ajoskele:
Really? Chai, NL caused all these.

No matter how daft you could be, you can NEVER forget the name of your high school. I go you there.

However, if you stayed in Owo years back and do not know Ikare, it just confirmed you are a pathetic liar.

Microfinance kor, microtintin ni.

Is that even English? Or you are so enraged that you lost all control of the English language? grin

Some of us didn't stop education at a high school level and went on to other schools of higher learning so I offer no explanation if I mixed up grammar with high - these things happen so you can go eat shyte and die.

You are such a disgruntled life form that you are grasping for any branch you can as you fall aimlessly all over this thread.

Ikare ko, Eka ete ni

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Sidon there with smartphone in your hand and refuse to expand your horizon smiley

horizon ke, we making money from the horizon.... hope you understand
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ajoskele(m): 9:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Is that even English? Or you are so enraged that you lost all control of the English language? grin

Some of us didn't stop education at a high school level and went on to other schools of higher learning so I offer no explanation if I mixed up grammar with high - these things happen so you can go eat shyte and die.

You are such a disgruntled life form that you are grasping for any branch you can as you fall aimlessly all over this thread.

Ikare ko, Eka ete ni
Hahahahaha.
Is the mistake of 't' not different from a whole 'grammar'?
Since you left 'Owo Grammar School' over 35years ago and still went ahead to 'other school of learning', you should be a Professor by now.
Oniro oshi.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
ajoskele:
Hahahahaha.
Is the mistake of 't' not different from a whole 'grammar'?
Since you left 'Owo Grammar School' over 35years ago and still went ahead to 'other school of learning', you should be a Professor by now.
Oniro oshi.

You see your life now? grin

Why would I want to be a Professor??

Are you truly dense or just acting?

Not sure what's so illustrious about schooling in Owo that I'll want to impress a numpty like you with it. It's not as if it's Havard or Stanford grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

horizon ke, we making money from the horizon.... hope you understand

I don't understand your statement.

Maybe someone can help translate ebonics to English.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by paradigmshift(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don't understand your statement.

Maybe someone can help translate ebonics to English.

you can't understand... think outside d box. .
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by seguno2: 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2017
lozanni:
Yes, demand creates supply, but sometime hype through 'media manipulation' can create demand for a product, we only need to look at Apple's iPhone series to know the power of the media: the unexplainable rush to queue for a prodduct that is yet to be released to the market.
I wonder too why nothing has been down to really convert Elegushi beach to a tourist haven, seems they are more interested in hotel development which is very,very lucrative as you are assured of almost 100% occupancy rates; for all the lodging accommodation available in hotels around the VI and Lekki Axis.

I was just thinking how the ShopRite phenomenon may be linked to hype marketing?
Why similar hype marketing did not work for Obudu cattle ranch?
Could ownership structure- private vs. government- be responsible for the different outcomes?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.