Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa (101662 Views)

My Seaside Picnic In Roslagen, Sweden (photos, Video) / Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking A Seaside Selfie In Portugal (Photos) / Ghana Opens The Highest And Longest Flyover In West Africa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ajoskele(m): 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You see your life now? grin

Why would I want to be a Professor??

Are you truly dense or just acting?

Not sure what's so illustrious about schooling in Owo that I'll want to impress a numpty like you with it. It's not as if it's Havard or Stanford grin
Then you should know mine was a typo error while yours was a very bad lie.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
ajoskele:
Then you should know mine was a typo error while yours was a very bad lie.

The way you go on shows you are mentally unstable grin

It's ordinary Owo and not Beverly Hills.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
paradigmshift:

you can't understand... think outside d box. .

Thank god that I don't understand gibberish. My life is full for it grin
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by lozanni(m): 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
seguno2:

I was just thinking how the ShopRite phenomenon may be linked to hype marketing?
Why similar hype marketing did not work for Obudu cattle ranch?
Could ownership structure- private vs. government- be responsible for the different outcomes?

Its possible because the ShopRite people give so much publicity to any new outlets they are building, so that even before the commissioning of the outlet, consumers expectations would be so much inflammed.
You will notice that on any day an outlet is opened,the frenzy by shoppers to get in there is usually so amazing as the whole outlet will be completely filled to the brim !!!
The above is clearly a type of hype marketing.
Also Shoprite tries to sell cheap, in order to have a high turnover of their products and in the end make very high profits, this is also a marketing strategy that draws consumers to their outlet.
The above pricing strategy is used by the hospitality industry in Thailand as I read once that room rates, even in five star hotels there are very cheap, although it might also have something to do with their currency value, as its low when compared with the dollar.
The above pricing strategy by Thailand has created a deluge of western tourists for the country and it has really boosted their foreign earnings.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ajoskele(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The way you go on shows you are mentally unstable grin

It's ordinary Owo and not Beverly Hills.
Yes. Ordinary Owo with Owo High School and not Grammar School.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
ajoskele:
Yes. Ordinary Owo with Owo High School and not Grammar School.

Says the numptie that can't spell for shyte grin
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ajoskele(m): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Says the numptie that can't spell for shyte grin
What is shyte?
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 02, 2017
ajoskele:
What is shyte?

It's not my job to educate you.

You have a smartphone in your claws and it's not limited to Nairaland wink
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by olafum1(m): 9:00am On Jan 02, 2017
Niyinficient:
Nairalanders in Akure the Ondo state capital made a trip to the largest coastline in West Africa in Araromi seaside in And State.....

Getting down to the site, a 3hr drive from akure, one would wonder if our leaders who go on various vacations to the Carribeans are so dead to this precious jewel waiting to be explored! We bring you pictures!

@paulsibility, @temitopar, @ajoskele @leshluap

Can u give a description of how u get there from akure? I'm in akure too and will like to pay a visit to this beach tomorrow.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ayyoshert: 11:20am On Jan 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I had no idea, but I do now. Thanks OP.

Seems dirty though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQdNU0dLDvQ
I made that video in 2014 and uploaded to Youtube,
I also shared the story on Nairaland then, but it never made it far, not a lot of people read it. The video was made during the rain season and that part of the ocean is where the fishermen and fishsellers trade. Going further on the beach, you will see thr better part.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Niyinficient(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2017
Oyindaberry:

Who is this dark guy on yellow cap? Hmmmm

Me grin
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ayyoshert: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2017
epistleNow:

From the new pictures taken by the guys, you can clearly see that the beach is looking far better than this video.
That dirty part is where the trade between the fish sellers and fishermen happens, also it was rain season, a lot of debris are washed ashore.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 02, 2017
ayyoshert:

I made that video in 2014 and uploaded to Youtube,
I also shared the story on Nairaland then, but it never made it far, not a lot of people read it. The video was made during the rain season and that part of the ocean is where the fishermen and fishsellers trade. Going further on the beach, you will see thr better part.

Of course there's better part and you or someone else said so in the video comments.

My take, and an unwavering one at that, is that the entire beach should be clean.

I've been to beaches in other countries that were working beaches and they still maintained health laws.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Niyinficient(m): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2017
olafum1:

Can u give a description of how u get there from akure? I'm in akure too and will like to pay a visit to this beach tomorrow.

Bro, i have given a description above. Kindly read thru, page 5 or 6 .
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ayyoshert: 11:53am On Jan 02, 2017
Araromi is one of many communities in Ilaje that have coastline, you have enu ama, Zion Pepe, Ayetoro, etc
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Niyinficient(m): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Sure tuck tail and run like the yellow belly that you are grin

So I confused Owo High School with Owo Grammar School, is that all you have? I left there over 35 years ago when my Dad was the bank manager for Cooperative Bank, Owo.

Ikare ko, Itire ni.

PS: I'm not your Bro, we don't have malcontents in my family.

I can't believe u ar over 35years n u are here exchanging insults on social media, it sure doesn't speak well of u. That someone opinion doesnt align wit urs is not what should warrant insults. Shalom
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Niyinficient(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
horhizah:
Adeleye Adeniyi, my amiable Class Rep, So you dey Nairaland...

My dear! I dey o. Hw ur side na? It's been Ages!
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Oyindaberry(f): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by MightyFortress: 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
Honey moon destinations loading..
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by laudate: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
lozanni:
Yes, demand creates supply, but sometime hype through 'media manipulation' can create demand for a product, we only need to look at Apple's iPhone series to know the power of the media: the unexplainable rush to queue for a prodduct that is yet to be released to the market.
I wonder too why nothing has been down to really convert Elegushi beach to a tourist haven, seems they are more interested in hotel development which is very,very lucrative as you are assured of almost 100% occupancy rates; for all the lodging accommodation available in hotels around the VI and Lekki Axis.

Only very few hotels around the Lekki & V/I axis have 100% occupancy rates. Please don't be carried away by their big names.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by laudate: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Thank you Sir.

I started searching for lands for sale in that area since inception of this thread.

It would be nice if there were well-equipped ferries plying that route, from Lagos to Ilaje waterside. Just think about what benefits would accrue to the citizens and the state govt. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
laudate:

It would be nice if there were well-equipped ferries plying that route, from Lagos to Ilaje waterside. Just think about what benefits would accrue to the citizens and the state govt. undecided

Absolutely.

But Nigerians at home will sit by and blame His Excellency PMB for bad economy and no jobs instead of taking the bull by the horn.

I'm sure that there would people from Lagos that'll love to get away from all that Lagos nonsense.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
Niyinficient:

I can't believe u ar over 35years n u are here exchanging insults on social media, it sure doesn't speak well of u. That someone opinion doesnt align wit urs is not what should warrant insults. Shalom

Trust me dude, you as well as your asinine opinion don't actually matter to me and are waste.

Shalom ko, aribadachi ni.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by laudate: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Absolutely.

But Nigerians at home will sit by and blame His Excellency PMB for bad economy and no jobs instead of taking the bull by the horn.

I'm sure that there would people from Lagos that'll love to get away from all that Lagos nonsense.

Yeah, I for one would rather go by boat or ferry and relish the cool air and sea waves, instead of plying bad roads and sitting in traffic, just because I want to go on a trip. wink
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
laudate:

Only very few hotels around the Lekki & V/I axis have 100% occupancy rates. Please don't be carried away by their big names.

Confirm.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Mustay(m): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
ajoskele:
I'd prefer a beachside fun quietly sipping wine, playing foot or volleyball.
I don't want to get lost in 'naija water'.

Diving in to unchartered territory in Lagos:
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/10/14/african-voices-sport-seekers-spc-b.cnn
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ronald4lif(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Biolagurl:
I was dere last week too

Fine girl, happy new year.
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Mustay(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
lozanni:

Its possible because the ShopRite people give so much publicity to any new outlets they are building, so that even before the commissioning of the outlet, consumers expectations would be so much inflammed.
You will notice that on any day an outlet is opened,the frenzy by shoppers to get in there is usually so amazing as the whole outlet will be completely filled to the brim !!!

lozanni:

Seriously, our investors should sink in funds into tourist attractions like this beach in Ondo and then create a media blitz about it, both locally and through the international media.
Gradually, tourists will start patronising the place, especially if adequate infrastructure like international standard hotel accomodation, communication, security, logistics etc are put in place.

Customers' testimonies are the cheapest advertising deals. Before Shoprite came in here, people also tried something similar. In fact, there's nothing really special in their operations save for the fact that it's on a big scale. Today, based on the success of the pilot branches and the adherence to standards, people crave for air conditioned shops in their areas. Before they got to Enugu etc, people will travel to Spar in PH just to have that shopping experience. Today, Shoprite is not in PH for a Naija factor reason while Spar has at least two locations in the same city.

Doing business in Nigeria is not hard but it's only made uneasy by the locals and government. Sometimes, you ask yourselves what the people want. Many a times, people have these grand ideas but because they have to involve stakeholders such as the local community (traditional leaders are not exempted) and the (state) government, it hits the rocks.

Personally, Ondo State is one state I SMH for because it has a lot of tourism potentials. It will take the seriousness of the government first to overcome the major challenge because even when you attempt to take some steps, some people will remind you of the functions (inactions in reality) of government.

Lagos State is a state that's opening up such areas particularly Epe and Badagry - those with grand ideas can sell them to such areas because the SG is actively interested in such for now.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by olafum1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
omolola15:

Guy so you dey nairaland since all these days and I never jam you once. Na omolola. I saw your post on instagram earlier. I was so surprised to see you here. I don follow you sa. Nice to see a brother here.

Hello bro.. are u also from Ondo State, which part pls.. I'm based in Akure and really interesting in us getting to know, since u r also into computer programming...
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by laudate: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
Mustay:
Personally, Ondo State is one state I SMH for because it has a lot of tourism potentials. It will take the seriousness of the government first to overcome the major challenge because even when you attempt to take some steps, some people will remind you of the functions (inactions in reality) of government.

Lagos State is a state that's opening up such areas particularly Epe and Badagry - those with grand ideas can sell them to such areas because the SG is actively interested in such for now.

Not just Ondo State, but Ogun State as well. These states have great tourism potentials but their officials are too lazy to market their state and bring in investors to exploit it. Lagos has mastered the art of inviting investors to partner with it, in each of its projects. Each year, they host the Ehingbeti conference that showcases the potential of the state and how the state govt intends to go about harnessing these potentials for further growth. sad

What has Ondo State govt done? undecided Under their noses, the Dangote refinery was snatched from them and diverted to Lagos, because of communal unrest and the unfriendly attitude of the waterside communities. The bitumen in Ondo State which is reported to be one of the largest in West Africa, has just been lying there for ages, without any efforts to develop it. sad

Ogun waterside communities are still lying fallow, and the govt has ignored their potentials, by failing to woo investors to develop a water transportation system, like Lagos has done. cry Yet, a lot of the residents in those areas work in Lagos. Just imagine how trade and commerce would flourish on that axis, if only there was an efficient ferry system linking both states. Honestly, it is so sad. sad

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by ajoskele(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's not my job to educate you.

You have a smartphone in your claws and it's not limited to Nairaland wink
So explaining 'shyte' is another education?
Obunu!
Re: Nairalanders Visit Araromi Seaside In Ondo, The Largest Coastline In West Africa by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 03, 2017
ajoskele:
So explaining 'shyte' is another education?
Obunu!

Well, you asked didn't you?

Keep on demonstrating your lack of etiquette grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.