Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (26414 Views)

Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / What Are The Three Most Vital Things To Take To Church Every Sunday? / What Is The Significance Of 40 In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by coolheed: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
The mercy of Almighty God is unquantifiable.

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by miky2002(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
At least you go and thank the one has be with you, the one that saw you through the previous year. Only to show your appreciation cause He created so that we would worship Him. He deserve our presence and our thanksgiving...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by weblord1900: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
To disturb those that wants to enter new year with sound sleep

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by lewizylee(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
A time of commitment and Re-dedication
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
Who hide my post na?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by psychologist(m): 11:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
I know oga seun personally brought this to Frontpage
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
People believe starting the new year in Church is a good thing. To them it signifies that they recognize that God should come first in peoples' lives.

The service is usually to thank God for being alive and experiencing the blessing of the out going year and the welcoming of the new one.

Usually, during the New year Service in many churches, the new year is dedicated to God and people seek Divine intervention for a smooth and problem free year.

Mind you, I am trying to justify whether they are correct or not. I am stating facts the way they are like a Sociologist would.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Koko88(m): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
I dey My room dey reason how 2017 go be

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
Me nor know o, I just follow people go.
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
Na wa for these MODs. Why did they delete my comment? Afraid people will see the truth? grin
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by chiraqDemon(m): 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
Errbody for house don go church d others de watch prophetic channel for parlor de pray me dey on my own with lapi and headphones de produce beat....i no de concern body with all that abeg
Hu crossover service epp

I don de hear music for bar since be like i go enter dere go cross over with chill bottle of satzenbrau and hero

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
Joining millions of Americans to welcome the new year at the NY ball drop at Times Square! Church can wait...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
grin
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by wapmingle: 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
A guy tried to Twerk which later ended up to be very funny and bad as well
watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PRuEo6tW20
Happy New Year
cross over is very important meanwhile enjoy the funny guy above
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by seguno2: 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
Pastor must wack.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
This thread is just filled with useless and ungrateful people, especially in the first page.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
hok4u:
No significance jawe,all this pastor just dey scam us to make more money.Why can't they give us prayer points and encourage us to pray at home. . .

In other news my street carnival will start after the cross over, you are cordially invited.

Venue: Ishadare Street,Mushin, Lagos State of Nigeria.

Wasere omo ogbon.
Hailing from Palm Avenue base olorunshogo, mushin
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by jagorinho: 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
religion is s powerful tool that manipulates the mind to the point of no return, every religion has its own flaws but the funny thing is the followers always find some excuse to turn those flaws to legitimate thing....no serious 1st world country takes religion serious

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by shotin(m): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
kissIn other news...
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Neimar: 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
coolheed:
The mercy of Almighty God is unquantifiable.

dey promote ya biznex you hia cheesy
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
ionsman:
Me no know o.... My own significance is, I don catch one fine babe... Girls no dey use eye see fine boys.. .

Signs of many cwent for 2017.. . Marriage should chill small.
I swear fine girls full this church weybi dey so.
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
lifezone247:
In fact I'm in bar since, watching premier league games and still there watching Liverpool vs man city.
My wife just put a call through that I should make sure I'm home before 11pm so we can go to church for cross over night. Funny enough I don't go to church, in fact I did not attend single church service or programs throughout 2016.
Lalasticlala you dey go church so? Cos I knw say seun no dey go grin

It's kind of a spiritual ritual since I was young in a Christian family.
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by ikorodureporta: 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
Incase....

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017!!!
Enjoy yr portion, lalasticlala oya come carry.....

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by konkonbilo(m): 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
All nah wash joor.no difference between December 31st n January 1st.I de outside like this de observe

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by fkdmods: 12:13am On Jan 01, 2017
Crasome:
This thread is just filled with useless and ungrateful people, especially in the first page.

Lol. Who should I be grateful to? For your information, I am grateful to math, logic, common sense, statistics, etc. When you are still on your knees praying to an imaginary God for something you can do by yourself for yourself, I am on my feet breaking boundaries and achieving every imaginable thing in sight. You better wake up in the coming year.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 01, 2017
I'm coming. cool
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by gagewonda(m): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2017
Well as for me i went to church, closed by 8pm came home relaxed wit my family nd by 12am we all prayed as a family....this cross over craze pioneered by nigerian Pentecostal churches isnt rooted in the bible...unfortunately it's a culture dat the modern nigerian christian has embraced. ....happy new year folks

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by tunesoft(m): 12:39am On Jan 01, 2017
N.a. work I dey....peeps n.a. hustle I hustle into the new year....no time, as e dey go

1 Like

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by donasere(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2017
The only thing I know that happens at cross over night....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omotosho Tope 2019 Prophecies: 'A Governor Will Die After Few Months In Office' / Who Is Your Favorite Man Of God? / Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.