Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? (7260 Views)

Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) / Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline / The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by najoke: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
byrron:

Thanks for acknowledging that I definitely wouldn't want to argue with you in other not to automatically become the 2nd fool as factually stated by your self confessed quote.
I'm done with you and I hope I my assertion's ain't ambiguous!

Happy New Year.
Who quoted who. ....automatically you are the 2nd fool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Orimili(m): 2:18am On Jan 03, 2017
Disappointing... and I'm just coming out of NYC's newly opened subway extension on Second Avenue.

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Blue3k(m): 5:24am On Jan 03, 2017
Orimili:
Disappointing... and I'm just coming out of NYC's newly opened subway extension on Second Avenue.

Its weird this is 4th missed deadline. Aplogist are content with waiting as long as it gets done. I just wonder what date they'll announce after since I was excited about project.

The government planning on budgeting a few bilion naira for transportation. Hopefully this year or next year we'll see videos of people riding something instead of pictures of uncompleted work.

1 Like

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Orimili(m): 5:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Four missed deadlines? That's horrible, and there should be some sort of investigation as to why the project is continuously held back. At this rate. I don't think we'll ever see actual service. There is no reason for anyone to be content with such lack of progress.

3 Likes

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Grundig: 6:55am On Jan 03, 2017
Guys, please take your thoughts off the light rail way for atleast another 12months. This means, knock off 2017 and start looking at 2018. The litigation that's stopped the work from continuing isnt going to be concluded anytime soon. They are dealing with an equally powerful entity with deep pockets.

Fashola alone should be blamed here.
Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Blue3k(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
On Transportation, Ashade said N49.077billion was earmarked for the Blue Rail Line, advancement of the 10-Lane Lagos-Badagry Expressway, construction of jetties and terminals especially for the Epe and Marina Shoreline Protection and procurement of ferries to improve on water transportation and encourage tourism, while also disclosing that attention would be paid to the expansion of BRT corridors in Oshodi-Abule-Egba, and other corridors.

More money is being drowned into this project. Can any of you say a date you expect it to be done? Lagos 2017 budget included the blue line with no mention of missing deadline or expected dates of completion.

Source: https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2017/01/09/2017-budget-well-consolidate-on-our-modest-achievements-ambode/

1 Like

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Blue3k(m): 11:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Update what's holdin up the railline currently.

NIWA and demolition of buildings rail lines way. No new date announced.

According to the Chairman of the state House of Assembly Committee on Transport, Hon. Fatai Mojeed, who spoke to journalists during a visit to the National Theartre Station of the project by the committee, the project contractors are having issues with NIWA over the waterways, where the project would pass through.
“We all know that the Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) is having a running battle with NIWA over the control of our waterways. I have said it severally that the issues could be solved politically.

Also speaking at the National Theatre Station, the LAMATA Project Manager, Olaseni Akinwunmi stated that their main challenge on the project is the buildings that would be demolished for the project to be constructed.
He explained that efforts are being made to ensure that the owners of the buildings allow for relocation, adding that it would be difficult to give a date for completion of the project if the issues surrounding them were not resolved.

This explains why they missed December dealine. Hopefully the federal government allows state to have control of this section

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/3673477/niwa-hinders-lagos-light-rail

1 Like

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by ApexTitan(m): 12:52am On Mar 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Update what's holdin up the railline currently.

NIWA and demolition of buildings rail lines way. No new date announced.

This explains why they missed December dealine. Hopefully the federal government allows state to have control of this section

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/3673477/niwa-hinders-lagos-light-rail

So this project which promises some much-needed relief to the Lagos traffic situation is being delayed because of bureaucratic squabbles between government agencies? That's a big shame.

1 Like

Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by AbuEzeFemi(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2017
please Sir amy progress on the Eko light rail Project
Re: December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? by Blue3k(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2017
AbuEzeFemi:
please Sir amy progress on the Eko light rail Project

Expect it to be done 2019.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Power Supply Will Be Among Best 20 By 2020 – Jonathan / Outrage Trails Ogboni Pastor’s Revelations / FG Spends N446Billion To Service Debts In 4months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.