Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline (923 Views)

CCECC Celebrates Completion Of Track Laying On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line / Amaechi Take A Train Ride As He Inspect Lagos-ibadan Rail - (Pics + Video) / History As Ameachi, Lawmakers Test Run 32km Segment Lagos-ibadan Rail (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Islie: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
By Abdullateef Aliyu, Lagos 

A spate of challenges stalling smooth working has put in doubt the feasibility of completing the standard guage rail project between Lagos and Ibadan by a December 2018 deadline.

Some of the obstructions include the various water pipes, gas pipelines, bridges, among others.

While the Federal and Lagos state governments have agreed to demolish two obstructing bridges in Lagos, the Ministry of Transportation is still interfacing with relevant authorities to remove other obstructions on the right of way.

Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi while briefing newsmen after the monthly meeting of the Project Implementation Committee with the China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCECC), the contractors handling the $1.5bn project declared that they are now "battling with time schedule".

He disclosed that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has started inspection of some of the gas pipelines on the right of way of the project in Ogun state saying the inspection would be completed in two weeks.

The inspection took the team which included the Senior officials of the Ministry, Managing Director of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC), Engr. Fidet Okhiria, among others to the project sites in Agbado, Ijoko, Itori, Papalanto and Abeokuta.

Residents whose home are in the rail’s right of way have been removing rooftops, blocks and other useful materials from their homes before demolition.

The Minister said the government has settled property owners whose houses were affected in order to clear the land for the smooth take off of the project.

Asked when the laying of tracks would commence, the Minister said this can be determined when all issues of right of way are sorted, adding that the Ministry was collaborating with relevant stakeholders including the Lagos and Ogun state government officials to address the challenges.

He said the target of the contractors was to finish all civil works before the commencement of rainy season, adding, "We still have challenges with water pipeline in Lagos. Gas pipeline. We are also having problem with the barracks as you can see the Army people are here. But we are all working together.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/obstacles-threaten-lagos-ibadan-rail-december-deadline.html

lalasticlala
Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by TheAnimatorsHub: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
Remove all bottlenecks and get the work done
Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Omololu2121: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
Another government will complete it,after the dullard has been voted out of power in 2019

4 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
Omololu2121:
Another government will complete it,after the dullard has been voted out of power in 2019
Ordinary Lagos Ibadan expressway he can't complete

2 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by ddonolu: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Omololu2121:

If only y'all were this radical and aggressive years ago.... Nigeria wont have been in this kinda situation.

Vote out the dullard, another President will come and in the space of 3years again, he becomes a dullard all and the cycle continues because Nigerians are not PATIENT!

Mtcheww!

4 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Okoroawusa: 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
ddonolu:

If only y'all were this radical and aggressive years ago.... Nigeria wont have been in this kinda situation.

Vote out the dullard, another President will come and in the space of 3years again, he becomes a dullard all and the cycle continues because Nigerians are not PATIENT!

Mtcheww!
Nigerians like magicians

That is y our pastors r smiling to the bank

Everybody wants to make it NOW!

2 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by PapaBrowne(m): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
ddonolu:

Mtcheww!

If you read that article, you'd realise that they havent even cleared the land not to talk of laying tracks. If in 3 years and ordinary Lagos-Ibadan expressway which the previous government had gone more than half hasnt even progressed at all, is it a rail line that they havent even cleared bush that they want to completed before 2019??
If that was how Jonathan wasted time with the Kaduna Abuja rail, would we have had that rail completed??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by awakeupcall4all(m): 5:56am On Jan 17, 2018
I pray God give you do ooooo..While we also await the take off of the train going to Niger republic where Mr. president's cousin is the president as well so that we can import enough blood thirsty fulani herdsman for the cattle colony across Nigeria state with the mission to complete this unfolding Jihad...We are watching from the 5D realm. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Flexherbal(m): 5:58am On Jan 17, 2018
"The Federal Government on Tuesday revealed that due to too many encumbrances on the projects right of way, the $1.5bn Lagos-Ibadan rail project earlier scheduled for completion by December 2018, might no longer be feasible."
Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by obailala(m): 5:58am On Jan 17, 2018
This was expected, very typical of Nigerian projects; poor planning, poor feasibility studies, always behind schedule.
Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by obailala(m): 6:05am On Jan 17, 2018
PapaBrowne:

If you read that article, you'd realise that they havent even cleared the land not to talk of laying tracks. If in 3 years and ordinary Lagos-Ibadan expressway which the previous government [b]had gone more than half [/b]hasnt even progressed at all, is it a rail line that they havent even cleared bush that they want to completed before 2019??
If that was how Jonathan wasted time with the Kaduna Abuja rail, would we have had that rail completed??
Abuja to Kaduna which basically runs through a desert cannot be compared to something running through the centre of a metropolitan city like Lagos; it's a pointless comparison.

Meanwhile, did I just read lagos Ibadan expressway gone more than half?

1 Like

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by gare(f): 6:58am On Jan 17, 2018
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/obstacles-threaten-lagos-ibadan-rail-december-deadline.html

I thank God that he is not blaming Wike, GEJ and PDP for the delay.
Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by 6pax: 7:41am On Jan 17, 2018
PapaBrowne:

If you read that article, you'd realise that they havent even cleared the land not to talk of laying tracks. If in 3 years and ordinary Lagos-Ibadan expressway which the previous government had gone more than half hasnt even progressed at all, is it a rail line that they havent even cleared bush that they want to completed before 2019??
My friend be mute.
Gej could'nt complete one single rail project when we had the biggest oil boom yet he didn't start any. The present government with meager income is trying it best to complete most of the rail projects and you are here yarning umaka embarassed

1 Like

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by PapaBrowne(m): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2018
obailala:
Abuja to Kaduna which basically runs through a desert cannot be compared to something running through the centre of a metropolitan city like Lagos; it's a pointless comparison.

Meanwhile, did I just read lagos Ibadan expressway gone more than half?

I have been on the Abuja-Kaduna train. It doesn’t run through a desert. It runs through a very rocky terrain which should makes it even more expensive and time consuming.
About Lagos Ibadan expresssway, you know that the truth is Fashola has done little or nothing on that road compared to how he received it from the previous administration. I judge the work from the Shagamu to Lagos axis. Haven’t been to Ibadan for the last 3 years.

Back to the topic: if they haven’t started clearing land, is it laying track that would take that they want to complete in 1 year?
Are you not just tied of the lies?

2 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by PapaBrowne(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2018
6pax:

My friend be mute.
Gej could'nt complete one single rail project when we had the biggest oil boom yet he didn't start any. The present government with meager income is trying it best to complete most of the rail projects and you are here yarning umaka embarassed
You are a victim of propaganda.
This government has not laid 5 km of rail track anywhere in the country. If you know of any please let me know.
This government has not built 100km of roads anywhere. If you know of any please share with me the details.

2 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Firefire(m): 8:21am On Jan 17, 2018
Disgusting Statement from a known failure. Useless excuse not tenable in China.

Even to finish an existing project is becoming difficult for this useless government of propaganda. What a failed party. Shior!

2 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Firefire(m): 8:28am On Jan 17, 2018
PapaBrowne:

The fraudulent government has a relationship with failure and delay, what should we expect 'IF' they ever initiate their own projects if deadlines for existing projects are being moved endlessly.

3 Likes

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 17, 2018
PapaBrowne:

You are a victim of propaganda.
This government has not laid 5 km of rail track anywhere in the country. If you know of any please let me know.
This government has not built 100km of roads anywhere. If you know of any please share with me the details.

Caustic... finishing.

1 Like

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by EarthXmetahuman: 8:50am On Jan 17, 2018
[s]
6pax:

My friend be mute.
[/s]stop making stupid excuse for useless government.

they re borrowing to build the rail not that it is coming from buhari's pocket.

obailala already made a little in responding to that question.

1 Like

Re: Obstacles Threaten Lagos- Ibadan Rail December Deadline by obailala(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2018
PapaBrowne:

I have been on the Abuja-Kaduna train. It doesn’t run through a desert. It runs through a very rocky terrain which should makes it even more expensive and time consuming.
About Lagos Ibadan expresssway, you know that the truth is Fashola has done little or nothing on that road compared to how he received it from the previous administration. I judge the work from the Shagamu to Lagos axis. Haven’t been to Ibadan for the last 3 years.

Back to the topic: if they haven’t started clearing land, is it laying track that would take that they want to complete in 1 year?
Are you not just tied of the lies?
I have not being on the abuja kaduna train, but I know the terrain of the area very well. There is absolutely no basis for comparison on which terrain is easier to build on. First of all, you don't need to be told that the best and easiest terrain to build anything on, be it a road, rail, bridge or building structures is on a hard dry rocky terrain as the terrain already provides a natural foundation. This is general knowledge, so I wonder where you got you strange ideology from that it is more difficult to build on hard terrain; even the bible talks about the wise man building his house on the rock.

Secondly, how can any person possibly compare the difficulty/cost of building a railway/road through an almost arid forest to building the same railway/road through a densely populated area metropolitan city?... It's already reported above that over 1400 houses and other structures are already marked for demolition with enormous compensation claims; yet you think building a rail through the heart of Lagos is easier than building the same rail through an unpopulated/uninhabited hard soil forest? Are you kidding me? undecided

And please, how many kilometres of the Lagos-Ibadan road was constructed in 2014? any evidence? to support your outrageous 'half' claims?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Leaders Reject Cattle Colonies, Ask FG To Declare Herdsmen Terrorists / PHOTOS: Fashola Receives 20-year Transmission Master Plan From M.D (TCN) / Fayose Order His Aid Out Of His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.