Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 (333747 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (222) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylolJi15dA

bigbasho:

Can I now say if I do no not trade the daily TF and basket pips, am not a trader? Even on 1m TF, traders pick levels and trader effectively. Why would you think someone needs stop when you are actually take your positions between 90 to 100 % exhaustion. Even if 99% percent of traders use SL I dont have to follow cos I have my reasons. Abeg where I for wan put SL for this trade wey I attach?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
First

1. See the video I posted
2. Now determine that point in a market trend where you know outrightly that you are wrong if markets get there.
3. Place your stop there
4. The fact is that, in life, we are often wrong and we tend to try our best, same here in the fx business, we are often wrong because we are not the ones determining the price direction, yes we are often wrong, that is why we try to pick the best. What happens to your account when the wrong time comes with no stoploss?

bigbasho:

Can I now say if I do no not trade the daily TF and basket pips, am not a trader? Even on 1m TF, traders pick levels and trader effectively. Why would you think someone needs stop when you are actually take your positions between 90 to 100 % exhaustion. Even if 99% percent of traders use SL I dont have to follow cos I have my reasons. Abeg where I for wan put SL for this trade wey I attach?

Now to practical:
The picture below shows a trend that is just forming for a sell, please tell me where you would think that the sell position becomes wrong when price hits the point.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by joelreg(m): 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
First

2. Now determine that point in a market trend where you know outrightly that you are wrong if markets get there.
3. Place your stop there
4. The fact is that, in life, we are often wrong and we tend to try our best, same here in the fx business, we are often wrong because we are not the ones determining the price direction, yes we are often wrong, that is why we try to pick the best. What happens to your account when the wrong time comes with no stoploss?

Now to practical:
The picture below shows a trend that is just forming for a sell, please tell me where you would think that the sell position becomes wrong when price hits the point.

In this your pip-basketing
Will you use different lot size when you use 50 and 90pips SL
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
My lot size is independent of Stoploss gap

hint: each pair has its own very unique volatility and price movement strength

joelreg:

In this your pip-basketing
Will you use different lot size when you use 50 and 90pips SL
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
Boss pips, I am not advising guys here not to use SL. I just stated my own reasons clear. Your points also noted. Believe me some traders are better without SL. If you agree with me that SL can be haunted. If @Dorobad decides not to us SL and he is doing fine, so be it. Don't you believe you can be a better trader than that youtube guy? I can suit-up and make a video on why traders should avoid stops with concrete and convincing reasons.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by joelreg(m): 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
My lot size is independent of Stoploss gap

hint: each pair has its own very unique volatility and price movement strength

OK noted maybe this way do you have a fixed percentage of your account you risk per trade
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
First

3. Place your stop there

Now to practical:

Do I have to worry about wrong times when I have plan B? I mentioned that on the G/U trade yesterday. I entered too early and countered it to the next exhaustion point. And it actually did turn around. What goes up will surely come down baba.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
At all, no fixed percentage of account to risk per trade.

That percentage is dependent of where ever my stop loss is placed, and where my stop loss is placed is dependent on where I know my position is wrong whenever price hits it.

joelreg:

OK noted maybe this way do you have a fixed percentage of your account you risk per trade
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
And did you close the wrongly entered trade? while you countered it?

bigbasho:

Do I have to worry about wrong times when I have plan B? I mentioned that on the G/U trade yesterday. I entered too early and countered it to the next exhaustion point. And it actually did turn around. What goes up will surely come down baba.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 10:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

Well i learnt through the hard way, i remember that the guy that i asked to teach me demanded for a $100 just imagine.

So i learnt alone
Using a life account. Until i found this thread

Please follow the advice of the elders there.
@wami, you cannot get the best for free, even in America there is no free lunch na. You cannot learn much here bro. A lot of controversy that can piss you off.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
And did you close the wrongly entered trade? while you countered it?

Nope. it turned out +ve before I do. I posted it here
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
ok, best of luck

The major thing is to understand what works for one and go for it.

bigbasho:

Nope. it turned out +ve before I do. I posted it here

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Feshizzy(m): 10:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
bigbasho:

Do what ever rocks your boat bro,
I'm not arguing using sL or not with you.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Even hedging is allowed if you have mastered the art properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
ok, best of luck

The major thing is to understand what works for one and go for it.

Thank you sire. Respect to you once again.
@feshizzy. Yes I will rock my boat or ship like no tomorrow.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Forex2020247: 10:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
At all, no fixed percentage of account to risk per trade.

That percentage is dependent of where ever my stop loss is placed, and where my stop loss is placed is dependent on where I know my position is wrong whenever price hits it.

but i was doing same yet no consistent result.

dont you have where some trade lost is bigger than the profit?

cos i think it affected my inconsistent result then

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Wow, this is the wisest question ever here.

obviously, it may affect consistency as things may not balance here.

But how do I overcome that? This is why I always say here that I run trades till it is exhausted and with that I can correct any loss I already have in any trade and even will be left with many more pips.

Forex2020247:

but i was doing same yet no consistent result.

dont you have where some trade lost is bigger than the profit?

cos i think it affected my inconsistent result then

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Forex2020247: 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
Wow, this is the wisest question ever here.

obviously, it may affect consistency as things may not balance here.

[size=25pt]But how do I overcome that? This is why I always say here that I run trades till it is exhausted and with that I can correct any loss I already have in any trade and even will be left with many more pips.

[/size]

hmmmmmmm
another topic when pair is exhausted?
kindly do justices to it
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Exhaustion starts at the point your entry signal is confirmed, you close it and swing in the new entry signal direction
Forex2020247:
[/b][/size]

hmmmmmmm
another topic when pair is exhausted?
kindly do justices to it
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Forex2020247: 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pipsbasketing:
Exhaustion starts at the point your entry signal is confirmed, you close it and swing in the new entry signal direction

thanks bro noted
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Ghostfx: 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
George Soros has big end of year loss but is still in the black for 2016

Carl Icahn is considered by some to be one of the greatest investors who ever lived, possibly even more successful than the Oracle of Omaha Warren Buffett.

Icahn has placed many trades over his career, but his trade since the November presidential election have turned out to be some of the most successful ever. Even though Icahn was relatively well positioned for a Trump victory heading into the vote (Icahn Enterprises’ investments are heavily weighted towards energy and other cyclical sectors [Disclosure: the author is long Icahn Enterprises]) it was the billionaire’s actions immediately after the result of the vote became known that have produced the best pay off.

George Soros Photo by Norway UN (New York)
In an interview with Bloomberg on November 9, Icahn revealed that he had left President-elect Trump’s victory party in the early hours of the morning to buy about $1 billion in US equities.

“I thought it was absurd that the market, the S&P was down 100 points on Trump getting elected,” Icahn said in a phone interview. “I tried to put a lot more to work, but I couldn’t put more than about a billion dollars to work,” he said. Even though Icahn has come out more recently to say that he believes the market is now overvalued, this one billion dollar trade has almost certainly generated hundreds of millions of dollars in additional profit for the former corporate raider.

Soros Loses $1 Billion Betting Against Trump

As Icahn has profited, the Wall Street Journal reports today that another infamous billionaire has lost big following Trump’s surprise election. It is reported that George Soros, who returned to trading at Soros Fund Management LLC (which manages his $30 billion fortune) earlier this year has incurred losses approaching $1 billion by betting against the markets in the wake of Trump’s win. However, while Soros’ specific bearish bets failed to pay off, the overall fund ended up for the year:

“The broader portfolio held by Mr. Soros’s firm performed better, posting profits before and after the election from long-held investments in sectors including financials and industrials, according to people familiar with the firm. Those gains helped Soros Fund Management gain about 5% on the year.”

In a rather interesting twist, the Journal also reports that Soros’ former protege, Stanley Druckenmiller, who was extremely bearish but in 2016 but reversed his views heading into the election, made a healthy profit off the outcome. Druckenmiller told CNBC a day after the election that he had sold all of his gold on the night of the election and exited bearish positions, becoming bullish on some sectors the stock market. According to people with knowledge of the matter, these bets helped Druckenmiller’s firm, Duquesne Family Office LLC, gain more than 10% in 2016.

Michael Vachon, a spokesperson for Soros Management did not immediately respond to a request from ValueWalk for comment.

The post Soros Loses $1 Billion Betting Against Trump; But Still Up For The Year appeared first on ValueWalk.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:11am On Jan 14, 2017
Ghostfx:
George Soros has big end of year loss but is still in the black for 2016

Carl Icahn is considered by some to be one of the greatest investors who ever lived, possibly even more successful than the Oracle of Omaha Warren Buffett.

Icahn has placed many trades over his career, but his trade since the November presidential election have turned out to be some of the most successful ever. Even though Icahn was relatively well positioned for a Trump victory heading into the vote (Icahn Enterprises’ investments are heavily weighted towards energy and other cyclical sectors [Disclosure: the author is long Icahn Enterprises]) it was the billionaire’s actions immediately after the result of the vote became known that have produced the best pay off.

George Soros Photo by Norway UN (New York)
In an interview with Bloomberg on November 9, Icahn revealed that he had left President-elect Trump’s victory party in the early hours of the morning to buy about $1 billion in US equities.

“I thought it was absurd that the market, the S&P was down 100 points on Trump getting elected,” Icahn said in a phone interview. “I tried to put a lot more to work, but I couldn’t put more than about a billion dollars to work,” he said. Even though Icahn has come out more recently to say that he believes the market is now overvalued, this one billion dollar trade has almost certainly generated hundreds of millions of dollars in additional profit for the former corporate raider.

Soros Loses $1 Billion Betting Against Trump

As Icahn has profited, the Wall Street Journal reports today that another infamous billionaire has lost big following Trump’s surprise election. It is reported that George Soros, who returned to trading at Soros Fund Management LLC (which manages his $30 billion fortune) earlier this year has incurred losses approaching $1 billion by betting against the markets in the wake of Trump’s win. However, while Soros’ specific bearish bets failed to pay off, the overall fund ended up for the year:

“The broader portfolio held by Mr. Soros’s firm performed better, posting profits before and after the election from long-held investments in sectors including financials and industrials, according to people familiar with the firm. Those gains helped Soros Fund Management gain about 5% on the year.”

In a rather interesting twist, the Journal also reports that Soros’ former protege, Stanley Druckenmiller, who was extremely bearish but in 2016 but reversed his views heading into the election, made a healthy profit off the outcome. Druckenmiller told CNBC a day after the election that he had sold all of his gold on the night of the election and exited bearish positions, becoming bullish on some sectors the stock market. According to people with knowledge of the matter, these bets helped Druckenmiller’s firm, Duquesne Family Office LLC, gain more than 10% in 2016.

Michael Vachon, a spokesperson for Soros Management did not immediately respond to a request from ValueWalk for comment.

The post Soros Loses $1 Billion Betting Against Trump; But Still Up For The Year appeared first on ValueWalk.

this post has shown that the big boys also have headache making trading decisions too.

kudos sir.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 7:53am On Jan 14, 2017
incredibleace:

pls how can I get it from you.thanks

Drop your email u will get it at night
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by incredibleace(m): 8:24am On Jan 14, 2017
bigbasho:

Drop your email u will get it at night
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by mohlanforex: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2017
free FOREX signal is available on whatsapp, join FOREX GODZ on whatsapp at +2347035720705

you may also drop your whatsapp number here if interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Feshizzy(m): 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Why can't you make the signals free here too!?

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by bigbasho: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
incredibleace:

ikennaochuba@gmail.com

Sent
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
Take profit hit with all alacrity. clean mouth, waiting for another opportunity.
iheanyiebeneze:
take a small buy on usdcad now at 1.3060 for a 50pips take profit. rrr=1;1
This 2017, i have disciplinarianly decide to trade ONLY when am 100% sure of the movement in my direction and 100% sure of not losing 10% of my equity.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
weekly Forex analysis in progress.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
bigbasho:

@wami, you cannot get the best for free, even in America there is no free lunch na. You cannot learn much here bro . A lot of controversy that can piss you off.

@bolded i have learnt all i need to learn long time ago whatever am learning now is to update my self.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
bigbasho:

Do I have to worry about wrong times when I have plan B? I mentioned that on the G/U trade yesterday. I entered too early and countered it to the next exhaustion point. And it actually did turn around. What goes up will surely come down baba .

@bolded very true

The reason i lost last year was because of stop loss

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (222)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 / Football(+) Betting Season 6 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.