Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (153428 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

That does not man anything.
There are similarities between Yoruba and japanese. and between Benin and Malay.
Ebira is a nupoid language.

Na so, laugh don finish abi, now u dey see similarities abi? grin

guess i get the last laugh. hahahahahaha!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Cire80:
in your post you said Agburu is the Igbo word for lineage. In Ika lineage is Agbon and not Agburu
This submission of yours makes me understand you don't know the difference btwn language and dialect. See Igboland has five cultural zones and terminologies shared btwn members of a cultural zone are almost the same.
Using the term for lineage as example, there are at least three variations of it used across Igboland and they're Agbò, Agburu(Agbru) and Agbu. It all depends on what your cultural area uses.
Another is the term for house...the northerners and some westerners use "uno" to express their own, the central areas(isuama) use "ulo", the southerners especially the owerre, the ikwerre use "oro"(I also heard ikas use "olo" too) while the easterners use "uhu"(some southerners also use uhu too)
Another example is the term for thing...northerners and westerners use "ife" to express their own, the central areas use "ihe" which is the same as standard Igbo while the southerners especially the Ngwa and Ikwerre use "he" to express their own while the easterners use "ive" to express theirs.
I can go on and on but I want you to understand the drift..which is that Ika is a dialect of Igbo just as ikwerre is or Aro or Izi or Ubani. These are all dialects of Igbo so you can't expect their terminologies to be the same but every other marker used to mark a language shows that ika is Igbo.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

Na so, laugh don finish abi, now u dey see similarities abi? grin

guess i get the last laugh. hahahahahaha!

I am laughing because no sane person here will take you serious.
I just decided to jump into the discourse to have fun.

I can even say the place called Ogdi in Anambra is of Yoruba origin, because there is a Yoruba town called Ogidi.
Or that the place called Oba near onitsha was founded by some Eribos of a Benin or Yoruba Oba.
EVeryone can cook up things, but that does not make them all correct.

Obviously you are pained that Benin and EVEN Yoruba influences can be found in Igboland, but Igbo influences are confined to just igbo communities.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

I can even say the place called Ogdi in Anambra is of Yoruba origin, because there is a Yoruba town called Ogidi.
Or that the place called Oba near onitsha was founded by some Eribos of a Benin or Yoruba Oba.

Obviously you are pained that Benin and EVEN Yoruba influences can be found in Igboland, but Igbo influences are confined to just igbo communities.

irrational, so i will not reply before u take me to mods again.

try to communicate and back ur arguements up with findings.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

irrational, so i will not reply before u take me to mods again.

try to communicate and back ur arguements up with findings.

Yeah...right.
even Aguleri belongs to Yoruboids via igala. grin
We shall all have what is ours back when the time is right.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

Yeah...right.
even Aguleri belongs to Yoruboids via igala. grin
We shall all have what is ours back when the time is right.

wat is the difference between irrational and idiot?

two dayz ago u threatened a ban under similar circumstances and then ban? undecided
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerT:

IDIOT! U HEAR EZE IN HIS NAME DEY CALL AM BINI. U ONLY NEED TO LOOK AT IS IGBO FACE, THAT AND HIS IGBO WIFE FACE.

BornStunner1:

I AM STILL CONTEMPLATING WHETHER TO REPORT YOU TO THE MODS FOR BANING OR NOT!!

BornStunner1:

DEM GO GIVE U LIKE 2YEARS BAN grin grin grin grin grin ATLEAST U WILL AV AMPLE TIME TO REASON UR LIFE grin grin grin

YourNemesis: do u feel the ban was justified or just abuse of power?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

wat is the difference between irrational and idiot?

two dayz ago u threatened a ban under similar circumstances and then ban? undecided

Dude, the great Yoruboid-Edoid alliance is here to stay.
You will have to fight hard, because all of Anioma, parts of Anambra and Enugu states are at risk.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

YourNemesis: do u feel the ban was justified or just abuse of power?

When you people will not learn to argue without hurling personal insults at people nko?
Wetin you call am Idiot for?

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

Dude, the great Yoruboid-Edoid alliance is here to stay.
You will have to fight hard, because all of Anioma, parts of Anambra and Enugu states are at risk.
Is this what you're talking of?

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
u cannot be talking to us and be moderator or admin at the sametime.

it is like being a teacher and mixing with the student at their level. undecided
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

Is this what you're talking of?

More like that.

But we still have some communities in Delta state which were carved out by the makers of that map.
Even Enugu.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
vicenzo:
Asking why the rulers of Igbanke bear "Enogie" title, is akin to asking why the leaders of Nigeria bear " president" title
Both are results of colonization.
King in Igbanke as is obtainable in all western Igbo communities translates to " Eze", and not Enogie.
Enogie is a vestige of Bini colonization of Igbanke.

Re-ea-ally?? shocked You want us to believe this? Is that why those Enogies also have Bini/Edo personal names & surnames?

Igbanke is made up of six autonomous communities namely of Omolua, Ottah, Idumuodin, Ake, Oligia and Igbontor. Each of the six communities has an Enogie as a king. undecided

Four of the clans that already have Enogies, as their kings are listed below:

HRH Dr Isaac Uwaifo, is the Enogie of Omolua. wink

Another one is HRH Blessing Otabor Igiebor, the Enogie of Idumodin in Igbanke. http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=article&cat=IkaNews&article=1001 ; http://ikaworld.com/?s=enogie&ixsl=1

The Enogie of Igbontor is HRH Jeremiah Omorodion; and Enogie of Ottah-Igbanke, HRH J.C. Isitor
http://ikaworld.com/?s=enogie&ixsl=1

http://ihuanedo.ning.com/group/healtheducation/forum/topics/igbanke-bini-or-ika
http://ikaworld.com/?s=enogie&ixsl=1

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
laudate:

Re-ea-ally?? shocked You want us to believe this? Is that why those Enogies also have Bini/Edo personal names & surnames?

lol, laudate, I sight you.
Tauale!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
On wikipedia, the first Oba name is registered as Eweka

Cant help but notice that the name is similar to the Igbo name called Emeka.

Wat does Eweka mean in Bini, does anybody know?

Could the name be a corrupt version for the igbo name Emeka?

Could igbos from Nri have founded the bini kingdom and due to mixing with yorubas created the bini dialect?

as for me to the history i read about oba eweka. is that the name eweka is a slang it really as no meaning but if u really trace the word 'emeka" it could ´have originated to immortilzed the oba eweka
2.the benis believe they came from egypt due to many similarities such as the way the worship,art clothing etc
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nigeria: Benin Kingdom in Edo Is Yoruba Territory - Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi

The Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Tuesday said Benin Kingdom in Edo State remained part of the expansive Yoruba race, a pronouncement that may spark fresh rivalry and altercation between people of the two ancient kingdoms.

The monarch made the comment in reaction to a statement credited to the palace of the Oba of Benin challenging the claim by the Alake of Egbaland, Adedotun Gbadebo, that the Ooni of Ife remained the pre-eminent spiritual leader in Yorubaland and environs.

Oba Ogunwusi, via a statement by his Director of Media and Public Affairs, Moses Olafare, made available to PREMIUM TIMES, said he was not interested in any supremacy battle with anyone but that he would continue to put the records straight and avoid distortion of history from any quarters.

The monarch said going by historical evidence detailing the Oduduwa lineage, Benin Kingdom remained part and parcel of Oduduwa House.

"We in Oduduwa land have always seen and regarded our people in Benin kingdom as part and parcel of Oduduwa House. They are our brothers and sisters, coupled with historical facts to back up this position," Ooni Ogunwusi said.

"The statement credited to the Alake of Egbaland, did not emanate from us but the reality is that as a highly experienced and well informed monarch, Kabiyesi Alake, who is a bonafide Oodua descendant is entitled to his opinion based on his knowledge and understanding of history," the Ooni said.

"Let me emphasize for the umpteenth time that Kabiyesi Ooni is less concerned over any supremacy hullabaloo. He is only interest for now in how the sacred throne of Oduduwa can explore measures through which the collective interest and genuine unity among Yoruba and other tribes within the larger House of Oduduwa can be enhanced.

"This informed his resolve to build bridges of harmony among Yourba Obas. I am resolutely committed to how Yoruba ethnic group can restore its glory and pride of position among other ethnic inclinations in Nigeria and don't want to be dragged into supremacy contest or join issues with anybody."

The traditional ruler said he recalled that about six years ago, attempt was made by some people to upturn history during the launch of a book titled: I REMAIN SIR, YOUR OBEDIENT SERVANT, which he said stood historical facts on its head.

Oba Ogunwusi stated that If the position espoused by the Oba of Benin Palace in the media "is aimed at distancing our people in Benin from the South West and Yoruba, so be it."

He however added, "We still identify with them as our kinsmen, regardless of the attempt to change the course of history."

The Alake had, while hosting the Oba Ogunwusi in his palace on February 7, rated the Ooni as the number one monarch in Yorubaland and other territories considered part of the Oduduwa House.

In his rating, Oba Gbadebo said Oba Ogunwusi was number one of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland, followed by the Alaafin of Oyo, then by the Oba of Benin (in third position), the Alake of Egbaland (fourth) and the Awujale of Ijebuland (fifth).

But in a swift reaction on Tuesday, the Esogban of Benin and Odionwere of the Kingdom, David Edebiri, rejected the ranking, saying the Ooni of Ife was a son of the Oba of Benin and that the Oba of Benin stool has no relationship with the Yoruba race.

The Esogban said, "We wanted to discard this report as something that was not necessary at all. We do not see how the Alake of Egbaland suddenly woke up to think that the Oba of Benin is also a Yoruba Oba.

"There is no basis for such classification; Oba of Benin has nothing to do with the Yoruba Obas. It is simply unnecessary, unless they simply want to stir up an unnecessary controversy.

"We are not in Yorubaland. To be frank, it is because many of them are not willing to come up with the truth, the word Oba is alien to Yoruba monarchy; it is not part of their title from time immemorial.

"For instance, the one they call the Oba of Lagos, these are recent adaptations. In the 50s, there was no Oba of Lagos, what we had was the Eleko of Eko. That is the title of the King there. In Ibadan, you have the Olu Ibadan. You come to Abeokuta, you have the Alake of Egba land. You come to Oyo, you have the Alaafin of Oyo. In Ilesha, you have the Owa-Obokun of IIesha. So no Yoruba monarch had as part of his titles the word Oba except the Oba of Benin.

"That word Oba is indigenous to Benin. It is only in recent times you find everybody bearing Oba. When the Western Regional conference of traditional rulers took place in Benin City in 1942, go and check the attendance, there was no other monarch in the whole of the Western Region then that bore the title of Oba, except the Oba of Benin.

"So it is an unnecessary excursion, an unnecessary attempt to turn history upside down by the Alake by classifying the Oba of Benin as third in the hierarchy of kings.

"Our own traditional history says that the Ooni of Ife was a Benin Prince who wandered from here to Ife, settled there and became the ruler there. That is the position, if they don't know, they should send people here; we will teach them.

"We will show them landmarks. So this is unnecessary misrepresentation of history. Maybe the Alake wanted to mention a different place and not Benin.

"The monarchical rulership in this part of the world started from Benin during the era of the Ogisos. It was the son of the last Ogiso, Owodo, that wandered from here to Ife and he became a ruler there, carrying everything about the Benin monarchical system to that place. There is no basis for such classification.

"The Ooni of Ife, by historical facts, is a son of the Oba of Benin, so they are not in the same class. The Oba of Benin is the only one that answers Oba, the rest don't. But today, we hear Oba here and there, they are all recent adaptations. I am saying categorically that the word Oba is indigenous to Benin and not to Yoruba nation."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201602100367.html

Evidently, the Benins know more than they are letting on. This statement by the Oba of Benin is Pregnant.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:
lol, laudate, I sight you.
Tauale!!

Hehehehe..... wink cheesy grin Bros, how far?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

Evidently, the Benins know more than they are letting on. This statement by the Oba of Benin is Pregnant.

Benins are NOT Yoruba, and Yorubas are NOT Benin
But both (Yoruboids and Edoids) are like two peas in a pod.

I have never seen a people so much at home within Yoruba culture as Edos and Edoid Deltans before.
They are many of them even acting Yoruba movies these days.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

Benins are NOT Yoruba, and Yorubas are NOT Benin
But both (Yoruboids and Edoids) are like two peas in a pod.

I have never seen a people so much at home within Yoruba culture as Edos and Edoid Deltans before.
They are many of them even acting Yoruba movies these days.

4 nairaland, wen out of two yorubas, one is faking benin origin. read the oba of benin statement again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
laudate:

Hehehehe..... wink cheesy grin Bros, how far?

I dey o.
Just catching some fun here.
These Igbos in an attempt to discredit external influences in their affairs are now connecting some outlandish theories to save face o. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

I dey o.
Just catching some fun here.
These Igbos in an attempt to discredit external influences in their affairs are now connecting some outlandish theories to save face o. cheesy

Read the article again, who dey connect outlandish theories?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

4 nairaland, wen out of two yorubas, one is faking benin origin. read the oba of benin statement again.

I don't understand you.
The statement was made by a palace chief (The esogban) not the Oba, and he simply said Benin is not Yorubaland which is absolutely right.
I am tired of the to and fro between Benin and Yorubas (Ife). To me, It only shows that brothers fight.
Ultimately our cultures, are still as close as fuc.k

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

Don't be so fast bro grin
Most of the cultural practices in Edo and igala were initiated by Nri. Here are some examples
1]the four day week that corresponds to cardinality was initiated by Nri. These days afo, eke, orie, nkwo also exist in igala and Benin and are practiced by them till this day!
2]the Igue(Igwe in Igbo) festival that honors the sky was initiated by Nri priests who lived at agbor. Every dick and harry knows that the Igbo for sky is IGWĒ cheesy
3]the new yam festival is celebrated across Igboland, and other parts of the South originated in Nri
4]as a priestly caste Nri was responsible for the purging of abominations and taboos all across Igboland, Idu and Igalaland..I even heard their influence extended to the Ijo(rukwo in Igbo) people

So you can see it was both ways...Nri saw that no matter the political situation of the times, the spirituality of all the nations in the SE/SS never faltered

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
"That word Oba is indigenous to Benin. It is only in recent times you find everybody bearing Oba. When the Western Regional conference of traditional rulers took place in Benin City in 1942, go and check the attendance, there was no other monarch in the whole of the Western Region then that bore the title of Oba, except the Oba of Benin.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201602100367.html

Did the Oba of BENIN just leave another clue? " no other monarch in the whole of the Western Region then (1942) that bore the title Oba, except the Oba of Benin. hmmmmmmmm! But the Obi's have always been Obi's even back then.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

Don't be so fast bro grin
Most of the cultural practices in Edo and igala were initiated by Nri. Here are some examples
1]the four day week that corresponds to cardinality was initiated by Nri. These days afo, eke, orie, nkwo also exist in igala and Benin and are practiced by them till this day!
2]the Igue(Igwe in Igbo) festival that honors the sky was initiated by Nri priests who lived at agbor. Every dick and harry knows that the Igbo for sky is IGWĒ cheesy
3]the new yam festival is celebrated across Igboland, and other parts of the South originated in Nri
4]as a priestly caste Nri was responsible for the purging of abominations and taboos all across Igboland, Idu and Igalaland..I even heard their influence extended to the Ijo(rukwo in Igbo) people

So you can see it was both ways...Nri saw that no matter the political situation of the times, the spirituality of all the nations in the SE/SS never faltered

1: The so called 4 market days might have similar names, but no one has been exactly able to pinpoint its origin.
2: Igue festival in Benin has a different purpose. It is to celebrate the 'head" and to revitalize the essence of the Oba and the Benin kingdom.
3: New Yam festivals can be found in all communities that grow Yams substantially
4 Igalas and Binis had their OWN priestly castes (Do you even have any idea how organized and complex Western kingdoms were?). like I said, Nri priests only exerted influence over the northern portion of igboland, not even all of it.

5: ultimately even if some of your points are true, the relationship between Yoruboid-Edoid and Igboid is like 80% of the time coming from our direction into yours.
Not a bad thing though, it is only a sign of superior culture.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
This feathered red cap wearing Oba of Benin knows more than he is letting on. He never tell us everything e know finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4683346_5677_jpeg56d4494b14763ed347cdd6171c4cd3cc

Chai... But Benin empire try sha.... just positively influenced all her neighbors.
Just look at the legacy of Great Benin.

From the Eben to the dressing to the beads to the style... every thing. chooi.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
Moral of the story here for all of u inter-tribal marriage fanantics, wen two tribes mix, the product belongs to neither tribe.

That is y they are called mixed race or biracial, they are a distinct group frm their parents, particularly wen they are in numbers.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
This feathered red cap wearing Oba of Benin knows more than he is letting on. He never tell us everything e know finish.

Guy, forget,
Deep research will show you that more than 80% of so called Igbo culture of today is either fake or recent.Lmao.
I remember one dude parading himself as crown prince of an unknown Igbo Kingdom in my university.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

More like that.

But we still have some communities in Delta state which were carved out by the makers of that map.
Even Enugu.
I saw the map on a Yoruba Facebook group and I was so impressed with it. A Union of Yoruboid and Edoid ethnicities under the house of Izoduwa.
The only issue I've with the map is that of the Igala...just as France fought the British in the American revolutionary war(1775-1783) on account of the US,that's how we'd fight you guys if you don't leave the Igala alone
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

I saw the map on a Yoruba Facebook group and I was so impressed with it. A Union of Yoruboid and Edoid ethnicities under the house of Izoduwa.
The only issue I've with the map is that of the Igala...just as France fought the British in the American revolutionary war(1775-1783) on account of the US,that's how we'd fight you guys if you don't leave the Igala alone

The entire Edo and Ebira are coming along to Biafra, we will just cut out the yoruba bits in Edo and Kogi.

Technically, they are our mixed tribe children. Though distinct from us. The choice is for them to make.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

lol..... Have you ever seen an Igala person wanting to be Igbo?
Not me, not anyone.
Igalas interacted Heavily with both Yoruba and Benin,and are religiously plural, just like Yorubas and Edos.
The mask that the Atta wears (oju b'eju ailo) is even said to be gotten from the benins. Some said in a war, others said as a gift.

Ultimately even if we leave Igala alone, they will never be part of you guyz.... Just telling you that now, incase you think you can try anything.
If a referendum is held today, 70% of Igalas will chose to go with Oduduwa over Biafra. Thats just the fact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.