Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (153441 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

lol..... Have you ever seen an Igala person wanting to be Igbo?
Not me, not anyone.
Igalas interacted Heavily with both Yoruba and Benin,and are religiously plural, just like Yorubas and Edos.
The mask that the Atta wears (oju b'eju ailo) is even said to be gotten from the benins. Some said in a war, others said as a gift.

Ultimately even if we leave Igala alone, they will never be part of you guyz.... Just telling you that now, incase you think you can try anything.
If a referendum is held today, 70% of Igalas will chose to go with Oduduwa over Biafra. Thats just the fact.

Wen will Igala offer yoruba free land? See here. grin
https://www.nairaland.com/875712/igala-offers-igbo-free-land
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

This submission of yours makes me understand you don't know the difference btwn language and dialect. See Igboland has five cultural zones and terminologies shared btwn members of a cultural zone are almost the same.
Using the term for lineage as example, there are at least three variations of it used across Igboland and they're Agbò, Agburu(Agbru) and Agbu. It all depends on what your cultural area uses.
Another is the term for house...the northerners and some westerners use "uno" to express their own, the central areas(isuama) use "ulo", the southerners especially the owerre, the ikwerre use "oro"(I also heard ikas use "olo" too) while the easterners use "uhu"(some southerners also use uhu too)
Another example is the term for thing...northerners and westerners use "ife" to express their own, the central areas use "ihe" which is the same as standard Igbo while the southerners especially the Ngwa and Ikwerre use "he" to express their own while the easterners use "ive" to express theirs.
I can go on and on but I want you to understand the drift..which is that Ika is a dialect of Igbo just as ikwerre is or Aro or Izi or Ubani. These are all dialects of Igbo so you can't expect their terminologies to be the same but every other marker used to mark a language shows that ika is Igbo.
you are very contradictory. In one of your posts you said Agburu is the word for lineage in Igbo but Agbor in Anioma and the other post you said Agbo is lineage all over Igbo land as against the Binis Agbon. Do you even know what you're talking about?

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

The entire Edo and Ebira are coming along to Biafra, we will just cut out the yoruba bits in Edo and Kogi.

Technically, they are our mixed tribe children. Though distinct from us. The choice is for them to make.

I jus dey look you one eye..
Ebiras are Yoruba in the root and Arewa in the branches. (Well, so to speak)
Do you know How many Ebiras are co-fluent in Yoruba language and carry Yoruba names and eat Amala like o tomorrow?
Edos are Oduduwa In and out.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

I jus dey look you one eye..
Ebiras are Yoruba in the root and Arewa in the branches.
Edos are Oduduwa In and out.

As far as their language is more igbo not yoruba, they are welcomed. (Ebira)

We will cut out yoruba speaking parts of Edo and take the rest to Biafra. grin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

No need.... Both of us are already co-existing peacefully in Lokoja.
And we all have plenty land for whaever we want.
That is part of the beauty of our alliance...... No one among us is lacking in resources.

Igbos on the other hand, just seem to be desperately looking for land everywhere. The desperation to form familiarity with everyone is so sad, really it is. I am sure if Igbos are left alone, they will even claim Nupe... grin

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

No need.... All of us are already co-existing peacefully in Lokoja.
And we all have plenty land for whaever we want.
That is part of the beauty of our alliance...... No one among us is lacking in resources.

Igbos on the other hand, just seem to be desperately looking for land everywhere. The desperation to form familiarity with everyone is so sad, really it is. I am sure if Igbos are left alone, they will even claim Nupe... grin

So u are no longer Benin, now u have admited to be yoruba? undecided grin

We don catch am!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
The only yorubas in Kogi are the Okun, we will add them to the Emir of Kwara stock. grin

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:
lol..... Have you ever seen an Igala person wanting to be Igbo?
Not me, not anyone.
Igalas interacted Heavily with both Yoruba and Benin,and are religiously plural, just like Yorubas and Edos.
The mask that the Atta wears (oju b'eju ailo) is even said to be gotten from the benins. Some said in a war, others said as a gift.

Ultimately even if we leave Igala alone, they will never be part of you guyz.... Just telling you that now, incase you think you can try anything.
If a referendum is held today, 70% of Igalas will chose to go with Oduduwa over Biafra. Thats just the fact.

Chisos!! shocked See finishing! Hehehe..... cheesy

But my guy, you get time o! This issue of Igbo trying to attach themselves by force to Igala was thrashed out on another thread recently, with the same 'respondent. Read all about it here: https://www.nairaland.com/3548923/igbos-yorubas-must-make-peace/1
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

So u are no longer Benin, now u have admited to be yoruba? undecided grin

We don catch am!

I never claimed to be Benin. cheesy
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Cire80: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
cheruv:

Don't be so fast bro grin
Most of the cultural practices in Edo and igala were initiated by Nri. Here are some examples
1]the four day week that corresponds to cardinality was initiated by Nri. These days afo, eke, orie, nkwo also exist in igala and Benin and are practiced by them till this day!
2]the Igue(Igwe in Igbo) festival that honors the sky was initiated by Nri priests who lived at agbor. Every dick and harry knows that the Igbo for sky is IGWĒ cheesy
3]the new yam festival is celebrated across Igboland, and other parts of the South originated in Nri
4]as a priestly caste Nri was responsible for the purging of abominations and taboos all across Igboland, Idu and Igalaland..I even heard their influence extended to the Ijo(rukwo in Igbo) people

So you can see it was both ways...Nri saw that no matter the political situation of the times, the spirituality of all the nations in the SE/SS never faltered
where did you get it that an Nri priest lived at Agbor? Even as biased as Iduwe's book is, there was no where he mentioned Nri when you was talking about Igweh. Same Iduwe wrote that Eken, Orie, Afor and Nkwor are of Agbor origin and not Nri. You see the kind of book you people advise someone that wants to learn correct history to read?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

You are busy recycling the lie and fallacy that was concocted by your fellow IPOB-ian on that thread??! shocked So you honestly believe the Igala will dash the Igbo free land?? I laugh in Chinese cheesy. Please show me proof of Igbo people that were dashed free land according to that article. Post their land documents here, biko!! sad

Don't forget that these same Igalas have been teaching your brethren a lesson along the Ibaji -Odekpe axis over them tresspassing on their land, with respect to the Orient refinery project.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
The only yorubas in Kogi are the Okun, we will add them to the Emir of Kwara stock. grin

lol, how can you "add" an antire people/tribe to an Emir?
Dont worry, All of Aniomaland will go back to where they belong historically. Under the Oba of Benin.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

I never claimed to be Benin. cheesy

Ok ur story have changed again. Now u are following the igbos to Kogi to fight over the Igalas. cheesy

Just so we know the story now, which one are u? Igala or Okon or Ebira? grin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
laudate:

You are busy recycling the lie and fallacy that was concocted by your fellow IPOB-ian on that thread??! shocked So you honestly believe the Igala will dash the Igbo free land?? I laugh in Chinese cheesy. Please show me proof of Igbo people that were dashed free land according to that article. Post their land documents here, biko!! sad

I was wondering that as well.
I was smelling a sinister plot, but sha didn't want to talk.

How can Igalas who are still fighting the Ibos over the same issue of land be giving them "free land" somewhere else?
Honestly, who even gives anything free in Nigeria? undecided

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=YourNemesis post=52595452]

1:
The so called 4 market days might have similar names, but no one has been exactly able to pinpoint its origin.
Quite a poor mischievious rebuttal undecided ...Idu had it, Igala had it, Igboland had it, Idoma from what I've also read has it too. And only the Igbo has an account on how the stuffs came about, the others don't yet you say its not Igbo.
2:
Igue festival in Benin has a different purpose. It is to celebrate the 'head" and to revitalize the essence of the Oba and the Benin kingdom

Bro we're still saying the same thing...the obas were through izoduwa descendants of the ogisos(sky kings) so I wonder where you're perambulating again kwa undecided
3:
New Yam festivals can be found in all communities that grow Yams substantially
You can do better than this submission na...are you saying that the northerners that grew groundnuts in excess had a groundnut festival Or the slaveholders in the Confederate states held a cotton festival bkos they grew cotton in excess? shocked
Igalas and Binis had their OWN priestly castes (Do you even have any idea how organized and complex Western kingdoms were?). like I said, Nri priests only exerted influence over the northern portion of igboland, not even all of it.
Said who?? Its recorded that Nri priests did all stuff and you're here claiming their own priestly caste as if you were there. Nri influence ceased in 1911 when the Brits seized the ofo the Eze Nri used to exercise his authority

5:
ultimately even if some of your points are true, the relationship between Yoruboid-Edoid and Igboid is like 80% of the time coming from our direction into yours.
Not a bad thing though, it is only a sign of superior culture
Actually my points are all true....moreover there are no superior cultures,sometimes its the culture termed superior that usually collapses to barbarians undecided the stuff is that every culture has its strong points and its weak points cool

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

lol, how can you "add" an antire people/tribe to an Emir?
Dont worry, All of Aniomaland will go back to where they belong historically. Under the Oba of Benin.

Even the Oba of Benin has his roots in Nri. Whether u add them together makes no difference, they(Oba and Obi) have always been together.

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

Ok ur story have changed again. Now u are following the igbos to Kogi to fight over the Igalas. cheesy

Just so we know the story now, which one are u? Igala or Okon or Ebira? grin

Ebira o, Okun o, Igala o... none of them are Biafran.
Tat is all you need to know. cheesy
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

Ebira o, Okun o, Igala o... none of them are Biafran.
Tat is all you need to know. cheesy

That is not the question, stop all this invasion. Which one are u now. Confirm!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

Even the Oba of Benin has his roots in Nri. Whether u add them together makes no difference, they(Oba and Obi) have always been together.

lol look at these Igbos... they even copied the Oba's Ada (sword) in the second picture.
NdiIgbo, when will you guyz go back to your original culture of clannish settlements?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
The entire Edo and Ebira are coming along to Biafra, we will just cut out the yoruba bits in Edo and Kogi.

Technically, they are our mixed tribe children. Though distinct from us. The choice is for them to make.

Hehehe.... you were obviously high on something when you wrote this! cheesy Edo & Ebira will follow who....to where?? grin
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Proper Ebira family from Kogi state.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-CA_R-EgQrhk/VABy_zuls-I/AAAAAAAADak/p_qWsO9m4WM/s1600/523781_431238326921307_476557542_n.jpg[/img]

Does that look Biafran to you, HammerF?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
That is not the question, stop all this invasion. Which one are u now. Confirm!

Why? You want to attach his ethnic group to your own, too??! shocked
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
Proper Igala Family.

HammerF, does this look Igbotic to you, abeg?
No lie.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-CA_R-EgQrhk/VABy_zuls-I/AAAAAAAADak/p_qWsO9m4WM/s1600/523781_431238326921307_476557542_n.jpg[/img]

Does that look Biafran to you, HammerF?

That is Okon in Kogi. Where ever yorubas settle, they fabricate history to claim distinct indigenous tribe and that was wat the Oba was saying.

Besides those dress are not yoruba, they are middle belt and north.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ebira version of aso oke weaving. These are done on a loom called the "Oguntoro"

E resemble Igbo culture for ya eye?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:
Let me go further and explain.

The Nri people pushed west in search of land and some pushed north. Others went south.

The Nri people got to their location from the East of Africa, some will say Israel.

In the west they met the yoruba and produced the Bini, from this association another migration south started to present day Bayelsa(Urhobo and Ijaw) [/b]and[b] up North to present day Kogi(Esan and Ebira).

The Igalas and Idomas are products of a further mix with the igbos that migrated North.

why do u pple always want to contradict the benin history of creation is an abberation and absurd to benin people how would you say the yorubas existed b4 the benin so your thoery is 100% wrong bcus the empire existed b4 the yorubas came to being and for the record there was never really oyo empire
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:

They forgot that more than half of the Ebira & igalas are muslims. Meanwhile the 'nation' of Biafra is meant to be the Christian Democratic Republic of Biafra!! wink

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
gregyboy:

why do u pple always want to contradict the benin history of creation is an abberation and absurd to benin people how would you say the yorubas existed b4 the benin so your thoery is 100% wrong bcus the empire existed b4 the yorubas came to being and for the record there was never really oyo empire

There is no evidence or finding to support ur claims. I dont want fairy tale. Back up ur claims please.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

That is Okon in Kogi. Where ever yorubas settle, they fabricate history to claim distinct indigenous tribe and that was wat the Oba was saying.

lol... stay there and keep fantasizing.

check this website.
https://ebiraview./2014/08/29/ebira-woven-clothes-a-living-heritage/

In case you don't know, know today that the closest tribe to Ebiras in Nigeria are Yorubas.
Hausas are only nominally close as a result of being in the same Northern region from time immemorial..

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
YourNemesis:
Ebira version of aso oke weaving. These are done on a loom called the "Oguntoro"

E resemble Igbo culture for ya eye?

E don change am to Ebira version. Yoruba go sleep. Ebira has more in common with Esan than even Yoruba.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

Don't be funny! What proof do you have that they are Okun? Look closely at what they are wearing! I fit borrow you my contact lens make you take look am again, o! sad
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by YourNemesis: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
hammerF:

Ohh so they are Okun .. but the clothes are middle belt and North?
Kwantinuu exposing yaself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.