Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

How Perfect Is Perfect?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Perfect Is Perfect?? (795 Views)

No Marriage Is Perfect – Zack Orji / What Is Perfect Manhood Size? / No Woman Is Perfect But She Is Close (pictures Added) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Perfect Is Perfect?? by xedyl(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year Nairalanders.

Is there a thing like "perfect" in Humans??

What makes a perfect being if there is any

Does perfection exist in relationship??

From this angle, is there anything like perfect in Humanity?
I need answers biko.
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
Perfection to we humans is an ideal(envisioned in our mind)

Nothing is "perfect" Everything, including humanity, Is approximate and falls short of true symmetry and perfection.

The difference between what you consider as "perfect" and what you consider "imperfect"

Is "Perception"

Wabi-Sabi; "Nothing lasts, nothing is finished and nothing is perfect"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2017
bbmpin:
Perfection to we humans is an ideal(envisioned in our mind)

Nothing is "perfect" Everything, including humanity, Is approximate and falls short of true symmetry and perfection.

The difference between what you consider as "perfect" and what you consider "imperfect"

Is "Perception"

Wabi-Sabi; "Nothing lasts, nothing is finished and nothing is perfect"
On point.
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by firstking01(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
And as humans, we can only be geering towards perfection, nothing more nothing less.
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
Perfection is just a word said by God, projected by Man ( Be thou perfect just as your father in heaven if perfect..)
Even God knows we cant be perfect( your righteousness are like filthy rags before me.. )

A perfectionist is a confused person who sees imperfections in his/ her perfection.

There is nothing like perfectionsmiley
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by seunny4lif(m): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
Prefect ke
Who prefect don help

I'm not understanding
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by xedyl(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
Thank you @all posters. Hmmmm.
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Thavik(m): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2017
xedyl:
Happy new year Nairalanders.

Is there a thing like "perfect" in Humans??

What makes a perfect being if there is any

Does perfection exist in relationship??

From this angle, is there anything like perfect in Humanity?

I need answers biko.

We humans are flawless creatures by design, infact all of nature is flawless , but, our character and way of life is riddled with various flaws, why
Well that's because its human nature.
Now perfection is totally subjective, what I view as perfect might be viewed as less than perfect by another, as the saying goes, one mans meat is another mans poison

As I said earlier, perfection is subjective, a perfect relationship from my point of view is one which isn't perfect, fights would occur, misunderstandings ,arguments , but also long lasting memories of beautiful moments ,
I dare say that a perfect human is one who isn't perfect
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by CplusJason: 3:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
Imperfection is the hallmark of humanity.

1 Like

Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Quintessential1(f): 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2017
Talk about perfect imperfections, instead... This means that, a person may be imperfect, but such imperfections suit you. You can deal with them.
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
Thavik:

We humans are flawless creatures by design, infact all of nature is flawless , but, our character and way of life is riddled with various flaws, why
Well that's because its human nature.

Now perfection is totally subjective, what I view as perfect might be viewed as less than perfect by another, as the saying goes, one mans meat is another mans poison

As I said earlier, perfection is subjective, a perfect relationship from my point of view is one which isn't perfect, fights would occur, misunderstandings ,arguments , but also long lasting memories of beautiful moments ,
I dare say that a perfect human is one who isn't perfect

@bolded, If the perception of perfection is purely subjective, how then did you infer the inherent perfection in the default design of humans and that of nature? Aren't you just contradicting yourself?
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by BlackDBagba: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
cool
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Thavik(m): 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
Xensity:

@bolded, If the perception of perfection is purely subjective, how then did you infer the inherent perfection in the default design of humans and that of nature? Aren't you just contradicting yourself?
Now, we humans ,nature as a whole is perfect, now thats not subjective at all, its universal, look at how we are built, really complex organic machines that run billions if processes every milli second, we are made of trillions of cells all working together in harmony to achieve a particular purpose, survival, now tell me what's not perfect about that,

The subjective aspect is how we are as social beings, our experiences shape us into unique beings, we make mistakes all the time, we are completely flawed,
Understand?
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 02, 2017
Re: How Perfect Is Perfect?? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 02, 2017
Thavik:

Now, we humans ,nature as a whole is perfect, now thats not subjective at all, its universal, look at how we are built, really complex organic machines that run billions if processes every milli second, we are made of trillions of cells all working together in harmony to achieve a particular purpose, survival, now tell me what's not perfect about that,

The subjective aspect is how we are as social beings, our experiences shape us into unique beings, we make mistakes all the time, we are completely flawed,
Understand?

High level of complexity doesn't equal perfection. You seem to be conflating the two.

Although I don't believe humans can objectively evaluate perfection in their world, seeing that they are also an intricate, interconnected part of it, with an immensely limited brain that just recently evolved equally limited features that act primarily to help them survive, I am going to work within your circumscribed realm of thought and show you how wrong your assertion is.

Going by the common understanding of perfection, are humans perfect in our design? No, we are not. The functionality of our sense organs is limited. We lose our vision with age. The mechanism of our vision is flawed. Our photo-recepting cells are located at the back of our eyes, which forces light to pass through blood and tissue in order to reach them. This is why we can't see in dim light, something cats can do. This is also why we are so susceptible to blindness.
Our noses despite being able to detect and differentiate certain smells, aren't able to detect the smell of certain poisonous gases like methane and carbon monoxide. We are susceptible to various lethal diseases, some congenital. The replication and copying process of our DNA is strewn with errors, which leads to harmful mutations. Anatomically, we aren't even close to perfection. Our skeletal structures cannot sustain arduous physical exercises, and it's sustainability decreases with age, especially our spine. We can't perform a plethora of physical tasks, which many other animals can perform with ease. We can't survive in adverse weather conditions. Even in presumably normal weather conditions, we still have to wear clothes to survive and function effectively. Our skin cells depreciate as we age. We have a multipurpose larynx which functions both as a pathway for breathing and ingestion, a feature that potentiates choking, which can lead to death. We also have vestigal organs like the appendix, which doesn't serve any physiological purpose, except to inflame and kill us.

Going by all I have said, how are humans flawlessly designed? Don't even get me started on your implied perfection in the design of nature.

(1) (Reply)

My Brother Think Am A Maga For Giving A Girl Recharge Card / Are Ladies That Don't Date Cheap?? / Valentine Special.........................treat A Loved One This Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.