Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Glo Wahala.... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Wahala.... (1638 Views)

Glo Free Data Day Is On September 28th - How To Be Eligible / ‘Wahala Dey’ Anti-Corruption Mobile App For Whistle Blowing Launched By FG / Glo wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Wahala.... by godfrey01(m): 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
please whats happening to glo network. I subscribed for thier data bundle of 10gb and for the past three days now I don't feel like I am browsing becuase I have to wait like 4 minutes before a page can open. People say glo is slow I never knew they were saying the truth until it happened to me....my validity counting and I can't use my data nawa oh... my mtn H+ is steadily available but with glo na wahala... have tried to reach thier customer care no response... I am in a good environment where network is good. Even with other sim, m phone display H in the same environment... Is there any one having this same glo browsing isssue in terms of speed??
Re: Glo Wahala.... by Antina(f): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
godfrey01:
please whats happening to glo network. I subscribed for thier data bundle of 10gb and for the past three days now I don't feel like I am browsing becuase I have to wait like 4 minutes before a page can open. People say glo is slow I never knew they were saying the truth until it happened to me....my validity counting and I can't use my data nawa oh... my mtn H+ is steadily available but with glo na wahala... have tried to reach thier customer care no response... I am in a good environment where network is good. Even with other sim, m phone display H in the same environment... Is there any one having this same glo browsing isssue in terms of speed??

U are not alone my brother!

1 Like

Re: Glo Wahala.... by sunnysunny(m): 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
Oh sorry you don enter one chance. Glo is the grand master of data but they have a slow network speed. Etisalat data is costly but they are the fastest.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by checkolatunji: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
godfrey01:

My friend Glo dey go like speed of light here.

Abi na village you dey?

1 Like

Re: Glo Wahala.... by fistonati(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
For you to have H the network is good you just have to clear your catche and you said days is counting down on the data. All you have to do is just buy a lower price data maybe a day to your expiration to renew it by dialing *777# to select your choice
Re: Glo Wahala.... by dustmalik: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2017
Glo is very fast on 4G LTE. i'd advice those experiencing slow browsing to get a GLO LTE mifi if your device doesn't support band 28 of GLO, which is a very uncommon band. I use to complain like you guys until i tried out GLO LTE.

MTN has increased the price of its mifi from 10k to 20k, and i suspect Glo will follow suit. Though if you already have Spectranet's Huawei E5573s-606, then you are good.

1 Like

Re: Glo Wahala.... by wristbangle: 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
godfrey01:

What is the APN settings in your device bro? Let's start from there.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by blackfase(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2017
Welcome to the club lol
Re: Glo Wahala.... by godfrey01(m): 8:32am On Jan 02, 2017
wristbangle:

What is the APN settings in your device bro? Let's start from there.

the problem is not fron the apn bro.... its from the network availability in my residence... I used to get 3g service with glo on the phone but for sometime now 3g for glo here has dissappeared.... I tried other sim their 3g is available but for glo its not.... just only edge.... and the edge is not even fast

1 Like

Re: Glo Wahala.... by godfrey01(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2017
dustmalik:
Glo is very fast on 4G LTE. i'd advice those experiencing slow browsing to get a GLO LTE mifi if your device doesn't support band 28 of GLO, which is a very uncommon band. I use to complain like you guys until i tried out GLO LTE.

MTN has increased the price of its mifi from 10k to 20k, and i suspect Glo will follow suit. Though if you already have Spectranet's Huawei E5573s-606, then you are good.

spectranet is how much.. and glo mifi tooo.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by donhils: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2017
fistonati:
For you to have H the network is good you just have to clear your catche and you said days is counting down on the data. All you have to do is just buy a lower price data maybe a day to your expiration to renew it by dialing *777# to select your choice
How do I clear cache?
Re: Glo Wahala.... by dustmalik: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2017
godfrey01:

spectranet is how much.. and glo mifi tooo.
Spectranet - 25k, and comes with 30gb. Glo - 10k, and comes with 24gb.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by wristbangle: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2017
godfrey01:

the problem is not fron the apn bro.... its from the network availability in my residence... I used to get 3g service with glo on the phone but for sometime now 3g for glo here has disappeared.... I tried other sim their 3g is available but for glo its not.... just only edge.... and the edge is not even fast

Okay bro. No wonder.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
godfrey01:

welcome to my world bro......ya truly not alone.....

the tweakware whatever is having p....even handler.... I have tried normal sub....still the same
Re: Glo Wahala.... by jmoore(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Glo na scam. grin grin
Re: Glo Wahala.... by Rozaystunna(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
Am a Glo subscriber but am not using them for now
They are now full of sewage
Re: Glo Wahala.... by 2Mekus: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
dustmalik:

Spectranet - 25k, and comes with 30gb. Glo - 10k, and comes with 24gb.

Beware before you go rushing for Glo 4g LTE propaganda. It has coverage only in few selected places in Lagos and therefore not everywhere yet. You might end up receiving same edge (2g) signal even with the 4g LTE modem.

I bought a Huawei E5573-322 4g LTE modem and it is been giving me 3g speed only. On enquiry, I was told by Glo that their 4g LTE is not functional yet in my area. I felt like cursing them.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by dustmalik: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
2Mekus:

Beware before you go rushing for Glo 4g LTE propaganda. It has coverage only in few selected places in Lagos and therefore not everywhere yet. You might end up receiving same edge (2g) signal even with the 4g LTE modem.

I bought a Huawei E5573-322 4g LTE modem and it is been giving me 3g speed only. On enquiry, I was told by Glo that their 4g LTE is not functional yet in my area. I felt like cursing them.
Lol... I've been using Glo LTE for over two months now. I've Spectranet's Huawei E5573s-606, which supports Glo LTE band 28, and I also have Glo's Huawei E5377bs-508, which also supports band 28. Glo has wider and better coverage of LTE than MTN.

By the way, the reason you are not able to get Glo LTE on Huawei E5573cs-322 is because it doesn't support LTE band 28. Get yourself an E5573s-606 or E5377bs-508, and you should be good.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by Kaybaba5(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Though have learnt about all these shits by glo but na manage i dey oooh.

Atimes the 3g will just disappear for two to three days.
But my hope will be kept waiting...
Re: Glo Wahala.... by 2Mekus: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
dustmalik:

Lol... I've been using Glo LTE for over two months now. I've Spectranet's Huawei E5573s-606, which supports Glo LTE band 28, and I also have Glo's Huawei E5377bs-508, which also supports band 28. Glo has wider and better coverage of LTE than MTN.

By the way, the reason you are not able to get Glo LTE on Huawei E5573cs-322 is because it doesn't support LTE band 28. Get yourself an E5573s-606 or E5377bs-508, and you should be good.

I think you are dead right bro. I paid 15k to get it, only to realise it doesn't serve the purpose for which I bought it. Can it be downgraded to 606 to be able to use it on Glo? Any idea/help on this pls?
Re: Glo Wahala.... by dustmalik: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
2Mekus:

I think you are dead right bro. I paid 15k to get it, only to realise it doesn't serve the purpose for which I bought it. Can it be downgraded to 606 to be able to use it on Glo? Any idea/help on this pls?
No, it can't. You just have to get a 606 or E5377bs-508.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by 2Mekus: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
dustmalik:

God, what am I supposed to do with this one in this their economic downturn? I can't afford two modems now.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
uhhh
......my own glo head has correct o.....just this evening.... I don't know if this is a facade....my heart dey bounce
Re: Glo Wahala.... by Teedeechian(m): 1:18am On Jan 03, 2017
dustmalik:
Bro, pls what is their respective prices?
Re: Glo Wahala.... by osazeeiyeks(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2017
i think it's a location thing. i was an avid hater of glo till my brother convinced me and i started using it in December and so far no issues. though i am mainly at my house. outside i notice it's slower.
Re: Glo Wahala.... by Yungbitz(m): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
dustmalik:

How reliable and fast is Glo 4g in comparison with Mtn?

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Selfie Series Camera / Fifa Mobile Nairaland League / Hotspot Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.