Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

"Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike (19826 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity Is My Paramount Objective – Buhari / Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – IYC Replies Buhari / Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by krasican(m): 5:12am On Jan 02, 2017
Leaders and people of Niger Delta will defend Nigeria’s unity because they believe the country should remain as one indivisible entity, River State Governor Nyesom Wike has said.

Speaking during a visit to Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Saad Abubakar at his palace, Wike said Nigeria’s unity is ‘non-negotiable’ and of paramount importance.

He added that the interest of Nigerians and Africans would be better served with Nigeria remaining as one “strong and united nation”.

He said: “Let me first of all sincerely thank you, our father the Sultan, for what you are doing for this country, working tirelessly to ring peace and to bring unity to the people. So, for all of us, this is what is meant by one Nigeria.

“We cannot run away from this country. The unity of this country is very, very paramount. The unity of this country is non-negotiable. I am from the Niger Delta, from Rivers State to be specific. So, I cannot see us in a divided country. No way. We stand for the unity of this country,” Wike added.

According to the governor, his administration has put a lot of time, resources and energy to protect national assets, especially the ones in Rivers State.

“In Rivers, you hardly find pipeline vandalisation. We are working at all times to protect national assets in our state. In my state, I am governor for all the people living in the state. I am not a governor of a particular political party, but a governor for all the people of Rivers State.”

He hailed the Sultan for his leadership of the Muslim community in Nigeria, adding that he was in Sokoto to felicitate with his colleague, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, who gave out his daughter in marriage on Saturday.

He equally dispelled the notion that his relationship with Tambuwal had political connotation, saying the Sokoto governor had been his friend for a long time, “long before politics defined who we are now.”

“Tambuwal is my friend for a long time. If anything affects him, it affects me also. If he gives out his daughter in marriage, I have to be here to support him. If any problem happens to him, it affects me as well.

“Your Eminence, I am here to seek your royal blessing. You have blessed me before, that is why I am growing. So, let me wish you a prosperous new year ahead,” he added.

Both the host governor and Sultan implored Nigerians to live in peace with one another, and wished their countrymen and women a year full of happiness and blessings.

The governor has also restated his administration’s commitment to promoting peace and growth in the state.

In a New Year message broadcast in Port Harcourt yesterday, Wike said his administration had enormous political will to embark on projects that would trigger growth across the state.

He urged Rivers people to work together to ensure that the state enjoyed peace and development in 2017.

“We cannot thank you enough for your consistent prayers, understanding, sacrifices and unconditional support and encouragement throughout 2016.

source: http://thenationonlineng.net/niger-delta-wont-back-agitation-split-nigeria-says-wike/

5 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin

FTC 2017

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by azimibraun: 5:26am On Jan 02, 2017
Wike is confused...He was so optimistic he would get the GEJ/Ameachi drama type. Llittle did he know Mr Buhari doesn't join words with people. Drama King lacking drama should definitely be confused. When a Man snubs his wife and would not talk to her no matter what she says or does, the next thing is that you see the woman calling or even travelling from one mother-in law, sister-inlaw and brother-inlaw just to see if she will hear anything from them and also to get her husband's attention. Wike is like a confused wife right now. After saying plenty of rubbish, her husband didn't say a word back. Just silence. Silence is chasing wike. He will soon visit emir of katsina and also want to be a patron of Future Assured managed by Aisha Buhari.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by hmuhammad(m): 5:43am On Jan 02, 2017
I love wike for this. "The unity of Nigeria is non negotiable" whether Biafran like or not, they must remain Nigerians. Biafrans won't like this news at all, watch how they will all rush to this thread to call wike names.

Biafrans be like....

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2017
Lol this should not come as a surprise at all.

Rivers state (and the entire Niger Delta region) is not agitating for a splinter country, but instead we want a redefined country that serves the interest of the common man, not just a few elitists.

Happy New Year Family

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Aufbauh(m): 6:13am On Jan 02, 2017
"We cannot run away from this country. The unity of this country is very, very paramount. The unity of this country is non-negotiable. I am from the Niger Delta, from Rivers State to be specific. So, I cannot see us in a divided country. No way. We stand for the unity of this country,” Wike added.

Lobatan.....End of discussion!
This is a technical knockout on "shuku okike people" aka Ipob dreamers.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Achuwa1(m): 6:14am On Jan 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:05am

Rivers state and the entire Niger Delta region are not agitating for a splinter country, but instead we want a redefined country that serves the interest of the common man, not just a few elitists.

Happy New Year Family undecided

Speak for itself & dont speak for others.

11 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by chriskosherbal(m): 6:15am On Jan 02, 2017
This country needs the divine touch of God seriously

https://www.nairaland.com/3276189/see-herbal-powder-improve-sexual

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Achuwa1(m): 6:27am On Jan 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:0
5am

Rivers state and the entire Niger Delta region are not agitating for a splinter country, but instead we want a redefined country that serves the interest of the common man, not just a few elitists.

Happy New Year Family undecided

Speak for itself & dont speak for others.
When u see Igbo & Delta speaking ppl agitate in their region u can go & stop them from agitating.

16 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by sarrki(m): 6:34am On Jan 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Happy New Year Family

Happy New year brother

That's what we all clamor for

We will get there

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Achuwa1(m): 6:38am On Jan 02, 2017
Itself= urself

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by okosodo: 6:42am On Jan 02, 2017
This injustice cannot continue nigeria will surely split one day but nobody knows when

10 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Achuwa1(m): 6:44am On Jan 02, 2017
Believe politicians @ ur own peril..
Even ppl tht cannot pull crowd for a rightful goal like Biafra will come to this forum to spill trash.

6 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by sarrki(m): 6:46am On Jan 02, 2017
Aufbauh:
"We cannot run away from this country. The unity of this country is very, very paramount. The unity of this country is non-negotiable. I am from the Niger Delta, from Rivers State to be specific. So, I cannot see us in a divided country. No way. We stand for the unity of this country,” Wike added.

Lobatan.....End of discussion!
This is a technical knockout on "shuku okike people" aka Ipob dreamers.

Great mind

8 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by ChetaNwaeze: 6:56am On Jan 02, 2017
Nyesom Wike is an Afonja. Porth Harcourt is Igweocha and it belong to we Igbos. We Igbos are the one that developed Port Harcourt because Port Harcourt is no mans land
TonyeBarcanista:

Rivers state (and the entire Niger Delta region) is not agitating for a splinter country, but instead we want a redefined country that serves the interest of the common man, not just a few elitists.

Happy New Year Family

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Africonji: 6:56am On Jan 02, 2017
Wike is a shameless and spineless tout. He is trying to play politics with Rivers future. He doesn't have to go this far to kiss Fulani pipos asses to remain politically relevant since most Rivers pipo already support him overwhelmingly. He will surely regret this stupid move.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by FreeGlobe(f): 7:03am On Jan 02, 2017
Africonji:
Wike is a shameless and spineless tout. He is trying to play politics with Rivers future. He doesn't have to go this far to kiss Fulani pipos asses to remain politically relevant since most Rivers pipo already support him overwhelmingly. He will surely regret this stupid move.
If igbos withdraw support for wike in rivers he'll just be like an empty shell.. Infact if igbos withdraw support for wike, he cannot be able to even win LG elections in the state so he should be very careful with his utterances. Meanwhile africonji, I no see you for the obiano post yesterday with your usual hate.. lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by sarrki(m): 7:07am On Jan 02, 2017
FreeGlobe:

If igbos withdraw support for wike in rivers he'll just be like an empty shell.. Infact if igbos withdraw support for wike, he cannot be able to even win LG elections in the state so he should be very careful with his utterances. Meanwhile africonji, I no see you for the obiano post yesterday with your usual hate.. lol

I know you will comment

Forget that talk

Wike is been patriotic with that statement

Every patriotic Nigeria should support wike statement

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Africonji: 7:08am On Jan 02, 2017
FreeGlobe:

I will not say much except that you should be ready for the SHOCK of your life this year. Your principal will not get APGA ticket, he should get ready to decamp but even that will not save him. We have a series of mindblowing strategies that will shock you pipo and terminate his ambition. Mark my words.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by sarrki(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2017
Africonji:

Calm down coz of overheating

It will damage the top cylinder gasket

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by FreeGlobe(f): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2017
sarrki:

I know you will comment

Forget that talk

Wike is been patriotic with that statement

Every patriotic Nigeria should support wike statement

Will "patriotic Nigerians" support Wike when APC comes to rig election in Rivers? Will "patriotic nigerians" vote and support wike overwhelmingly as governor? undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by FreeGlobe(f): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2017
Africonji:

I will not say much except that you should be ready for the SHOCK of your life this year. Your principal will not get APGA ticket, he should get ready to decamp but even that will not save him. We have a series of mindblowing strategies that will shock you pipo and terminate his ambition. Mark my words.
hehehehe... Africonji go kill me with laughter grin grin After 2017, we will chase the saboteur and greedy peter obi out of Anambra the way he was chased out of APGA cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Janetessy(f): 7:20am On Jan 02, 2017
grin
Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 02, 2017
A failed country where an assassin gets a voice, when he is supposed to be hanged to death for the many people he beheaded. PMB why is this man still walking free? Why is a killer still in office. Chronicles of a FAILED and CURSED COUNTRY!

-CramJones

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Rilwayne001: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2017
IPOD TOUTS WILL CRY OVER THIS. grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Goldenheart(m): 7:22am On Jan 02, 2017
cry
Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2017
This is a lesson to all you political jobbers on NL. Politicians don't give a fvck about what you think or what their electorate wants. They're more interested in pushing forward their selfish agenda.

7 Likes

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by ImperialYoruba: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2017
FreeGlobe:

This statement of commiment by Nyesom makes it worse for dilector case.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Pavore9: 7:23am On Jan 02, 2017
"Leaders and people of Niger Delta will defend Nigeria’s unity because they believe the country should remain as one indivisible entity, River State Governor Nyesom Wike has said"..... grin cheesy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by 111jideofor: 7:24am On Jan 02, 2017
Mr. Nyesom Wike stop talking like a Lazy man

Weak up!!!!!!!!!!south south youths!!!!
For those vomiting thrash, Slavery of the mind is very bad. In 1967 the Hausa Fulanis told some disgruntled Ikwerres, Kalabaris, Efiks, Anangs, Ibibios, izon, and Okirikans that the Igbos were interested in their oil. They foolishly accepted and joined the enemy in bed. After the war the truth of those really interested in oil emerged.
The Hausa Fulanis and Yorubas killed Adaka Bolo before he could demand for his region.
They quickly shared the oil well and destroyed the land. Unfortunately the indigents were helpless because they fought against their brothers.
The Ogonis were raped by Col. Oguntimo led forces. Saro Wiwa was killed by the Hausas. Yet the young men remained ignorant and hopeless. How many of those people were killed by Igbos.
Well let me educate you people so you people don't know that Abia, Imo and of recent Anambra state are all oil producing states? niger delta simply means regions that produces oil in nigeria not a tribe. niger delta involves regions in south east, south south and south west, pls weak up!!! The world have gone Beyond oil this days,
We Biafrans invent, we manufacture, we produce, we create, we write, we serve,we are Biafra, Nigeria expired as a federation in 2014, so a referendum should be conducted so that Biafrans can build there nation. It's idiotic to assume the BIAFRA is demanding for biafra because of so called oil.( NO!!)(only a lazy person think so)
There are many nations on earth today who became global economic hub without oil.
Israel did not become what they are today in all sector with crude oil. Switzerland economy did not become buoyant with crude oil. Germany did not become world most industrialized nation with crude oil. China do not have oil. Japan, south Korea don't. But they remained today's global economic leaders..
The SS are the most hopeless set of people in the whole world. An adage says that when people un irate together it will foam.
It is also good to chase away the fox and then ask the mother hen what she was looking for in the bush. Anytime the SE and SS attempt to come together, the fifth columnist will appear.
Is there any where indigenous ly called the NIGER DELTA? What is the name of the people living in the area called Niger delta? Niger delta is an area not a people. You are either Ijaw, Igbo, Urohbo, Okirika, Kalabari, Itshekiri, Anioma, Ikwerre, Etche etc. All these area were originally called BIAFRA and this is contained in the document signed by the British during trade before colonialism.
We are very unwise. Anambra state pays more wages to civil servants than Delta State, Rivers State, Bayelsa State, Akwa ibom state. And you are talking of oil. Which oil? Rubbish. People are building cars, manufacturing and making billion. See you see America, see France, see Britain.
Your land is laid waste and you are talking our oil our oil . Wake up. South south!

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by magabounce(m): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2017
Ok
Re: "Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable And Of Paramount Importance"- Wike by Toosure70: 7:24am On Jan 02, 2017
I think iPod can now respect afonja now, My fayose can never disgrace himself like this. proudly odua

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arewa Youths To FG: If Nnamdi Kanu Escapes Again, Nigerians Will Be Angry / Breaking! Onnoghen Confirmed As Nigeria’s Chief Justice / PDP Suspends Baraje, Oyinlola, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.