Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria (22409 Views)

Start Up Ideas / 5 Start-up Ideas For Your Home-based Business / 7 Ways To Fund Your Business Start Up Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2017
Video Mixers

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2017
Video Mixers are also important in the setup, but be sure to find more modern ones that have USB, HD or Firewire Outputs to be connected to a PC or broadcast modem before renting or buying.

ManyCams
There are also software alternatives to video mixers, one of which is ManyCams that I have found very useful as it can have up-to four (4) video inputs, subtitling, lower-thirds, etc. while all is being broadcasted live to (either facebook, youtube, etc.)

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2017
Steps to take
• Learn more about gadgets and software needed
• Run simulations with smaller events
• Connect with event planners and show organisers
• Volunteer to stream some for free (If possible – they pay for Internet Data)

Risk concerns
Adequately test-run your live streams before the main events to avoid disappointing your clients on their big day.
Get the right Internet service providers to avoid poor services
Summary
If you can learn about the whole setup of Live streaming events, your service can be in hot demand all year round. Most of the things you need to know about are already on the internet, If you have any questions on this or you couldn’t find clear answers, feel free to ask.

Additional links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJHXaDa35GE

Cheers and thanks for following the series.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please get in touch

Twitter: Follow @Mrebis
Email: mrebis1@gmail.com
Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
Idea 52 of 52: Battery Charge Station

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
Introduction: Malik Ado-Ibrahim is set to launch an electric car in Nigeria next year.
When some people saw this news some time back in October, they expressed worry at the timing and readiness for such and many doubt the possibility (viability) and public acceptance of the Electric car in a Country like Nigeria still plagued with intermittent power supply.
I imagined a concept that might make such work (depending on some factors) which I discuss below

========
The Battery Swap Concept
==========

There is the concept of 'Battery Swapping' where you can drive into a battery station where Batteries are already charged, you drive in, and get your 10-20% battery swapped with one fully charged for a small fee, and in less than 3 minutes, you drive off....for the next 100 miles or whatever the range the battery capacity can carry.
So imagine all Petrol stations in Nigeria having a Battery swap center....Then it would not be much of a problem anymore.

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
----------------
BUSINESS
---------------
So any smart business man can go to China or India with Car specifications, and design a small nissan micra or VW Golf type vehicle that is battery powered (best still setup manufacturing factory in here in Nigeria). By so doing, they will harvest a very massive market for taxi drivers (Abuja or Ibadan cabs come to mind), and other low budget vehicle owners.
Design Feature
The cars will have to be designed so that the batteries are easily ejectable to be swapped. So YES with the Battery Swap concept, electric cars can be a thing sooner than you think. So you will not have to spend time waiting for the car to get charged up, just drive in, get the battery swapped and drive off....

--------------
Drive Thru
-------------

With time, this will be the Norm all over the World as you will spend less time in the swap station. Visit the Station, Drive-thru style and you are back on the road.

=====
Application for Households
=======

Same can be applied for household inverter batteries. Imagine your battery level at home getting as low as 10%, you either call the Battery-swap company to come to yours with a fully charged inverter battery or you take it over to them to be replaced with one that is fully charged. This service can be done for a fee (subscription based).
There is a lot of research and development still to be done with this to achieve having batteries that are not so large, easily removable/replaceable and serviced.

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Steps to take
Design and Manufacture Electric vehicle (with easily ejectable battery)
Import or manufacture deep-cycle battery packs
Setup Battery charge stations

Risk concerns
Fires from electric car batteries can be difficult to put out
Negative perception about electric vehicles in Nigeria could affect adoption
The hot weather in Nigeria could affect the battery (design should include adequate cooling systems).

Summary
With the battery Swap concept, soon, new battery stations will be popping up around our cities and customers can start having faith in electric vehicles when they see the easy with which their vehicles can be recharged in relatively less time. This can create a new set of jobs as new sets of skills will be required.

Cheers and thanks for following the series.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please get in touch

Twitter: Follow @Mrebis
Email: mrebis1@gmail.com
Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Sibe007(m): 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
31st night service of December 2016, at RCCG Promised Land, Ajah, Lagos, This instruction came to me. Every week of the year 2017, you will drop one of the many ideas you have always had and many more as you will be inspired. At the time I didnt know how it will all pan out.

=========
DO IT AFRAID.... Yes I did it afraid.
=========

Then I didnt yet have a proper website to drop the ideas, I had to start with what I had, a free http://Wix.com one. I knew the Execution of ideas is everything....but then the Idea will be a start for many, so I went on to share

==========

In this new year, someone reading this tweet, will need to START, DO, MOVE....even with the fear there DO IT AFRAID.

==========

Hopefully, as Young Nigerians burdened with the responsibility of salvaging this Nation, we should begin to tackle the problems bedevilling us as a people head-on.The problem is mostly not the real problem, most times the real problem is in our perception of the perceived problem

==========

Eyes covered with hate, stereotypes and divisive rhetorics, will be to darkened to allow for the Light of innovative solutions to come in. Let us rid ourselves of such malices and work together in Love and oneness of heart. There is a lot of work to be done.

==========

Here is a link to all 52 of the Business Ideas I shared http://agapedev.com.ng/category/resources/startup-series-for-nigeria/

========

Best wishes in the New year. Happy New year in Advance.

4 Likes

Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by Grouppoint(m): 12:49am On Jan 02, 2018
Well done. You have fulfilled your 2017 Purpose. You have inspired many to stir up the gifts within them. I have no doubt that your reward will be great. 2018 will see much manifestation for you.
Re: New Project: 52 Weeks / 52 Business Start-up Ideas For Nigeria by ogtavia(m): 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
Sibe007:
Show me some Numbers
In the North, some farmers sell bags of Moringa seeds for roughly 600-800 naira, depending on the farmer. Whilst the buyer can resell the bags for up to 2000 naira per bag, to the Asians (for export) when they come to Nigeria at the time of the year when they come. The revenue is massive but when cost of sale (storage, logistics, manpower) is factored in, the profit margin can be more realistic but still very lucrative.

Why Moringa seeds, what is special about them?
The Moringa plant is also known as the Tree of life owing to it being a great source of nutrients and very essential minerals, as well as its other many benefits.
In some practices in ancient india, the Moringa seed has been used to cure and improve energy, sleep anomalies, hair growth, skin care and does boast of about 300 diseases in its healing repertoire.

Other benefits include
• Can lower blood pressure (HBP can cause serious cardiovascular issues like heart attacks and strokes)
• Lower blood sugar level
• High in fibre
• Zero cholesterol (can reverse high cholesterol effect)
• Beautiful skin
• Can help in weight loss
• Cancer
• Anti-inflamatory
• Improves eye sight
• Encourages hair growth
• Etc…

where in the North please..thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Danbatta: Why Bankers Won’t Disclose Fraudsters / Free Sachet Pure Water Business Plan / URGENT!!! Was I Scammed???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.