Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

The Abia Impeachment Story, What The House Did Not Tell Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Abia Impeachment Story, What The House Did Not Tell Us (656 Views)

Matthew Urhoghide & Chikwuka Utazi, Senators Who Moved For Buhari's Impeachment / Senators Call For President Buhari’s Impeachment Over $496m Tucano Aircraft / Army's Official Statement About The Abia NUJ & Soldiers Fracas In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Abia Impeachment Story, What The House Did Not Tell Us by Aguoru122: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
By Uche Aguoru

The Impeachment of Rt Hon. Martins Azubuike is no longer news to Nigerians, and the purported sins of the ex-speaker of the Abia house of assembly is at this moment a familiar story every follower of political events in the country is used to.

But just like every military coup de'tat, the coup executioners will always have a story or the other to feed the gullible public who in every of such circumstances does not have any contribution to the action that has been taken by the force of the barrel of the gun.

Reading through Hon.Cosmos Ndukwe, the deputy Speaker and the house committee chairman on media and publicity,s submission currently being spread across the media space, in a contrived but purposeless attempt at Justifying the action of the Abia house of Assembly, which has placed the ABHA in a position in the Guiness Book Of Records as the only legislative Assembly across the globe to produce a record of 2 speakers within 24 hours, one begins to wonder if actually the half truths being re-echoed into the hearing organs of every interested listener is the actual stimulus for their action.

The Deputy Speaker cited loss of confidence, financial recklessness and lack of inclusive leadership, while I can comfortably discuss financial recklessness, I don't know what consists of non inclusive leadership in a house where every issue is debated by all members before a decision is reached.

If Martins Azubuike has been financially reckless as propounded by the house through the Deputy Speaker how come he doesn't owe workers in the house of assembly and has even paid up salaries and bonuses of all the staff of the states house of assembly uptill December 2016, the executive arm that has been seen and proven to be financially reckless, have been unable to pay workers salaries in every department, ministries and agencies in Abia State.

Is it not just a case of giving a dog a bad name just to hang it?

In as much as I am not standing in the gap for Rt. Hon. Martins Azubuike as all of the 24 members of the Abia House Of Assembly has never advanced or protected the cause of the ordinary Abian.

I had expected the house to be honourable enough to advance their reasons for the impeachment of the speaker in truism.

I had waited patiently for the house to tell us that it was because Rt. Hon. Martins Azubuike refused to approve a fraudulent sum of 5 billion naira brought forward by Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu PhD. out of 10.6 billion naira paris club returns which was meant to be used in offsetting salaries of abia workers and pensioners and has already been signed out by the commisioner of finance Mr. Obinna Oriaku in 10 pieces of Access bank cheques with different company names and contractors meant to be shared between the leadership of the house, the Governor and some stake holders as against the real intendment by which the fund was released by the federal government.

I had also thought that the written submission presented by the Deputy Speaker will contain some basic truths like how the then speaker had insisted that it is inhuman to allow Abia civil servants and pensioners go home on empty stomach while a select few share the sum of 5 billion naira and how he defiantly objected to such a wicked, anti-people and devilishly contrived arrangement and insisted on not shortchanging the masses.

I had expected the house leadership to tell us that the leadership of the house got angry and suddenly lost confidence in Hon. Martins Azubuike not because he wasn't carrying out his duties as speaker diligently, but because he refused to shortchange his conscience as against what they stand to gain financially by sharing the money meant to offset salaries as proposed by the governor which other members of the house welcomed but was objected to by Martins Azubuike and Hon. Ogele.

I do not also want to bother Abians as to the true reasons why Rt.Hon. Njoku threw in the towel after a few hours as speaker, but I want to correct the untruths brought forward by the Deputy Speaker that it was for reasons of equity and zoning, Hon. Kennedy Njoku is from Abia central and I am sure he knows the names of his Village, local government, his constituency and senatorial zone and may not have realised that he is not qaulified by virtue of his geophical location which also falls within the acceptable realms of equitable convenience, just after a few hours of winning the election as the speaker of Abia house of assembly.

The next time you may want to be economical with the truth please be more constructive as Abians are far much more intelligent than you may comprehend.

And I am using this medium to inform Abians that the last has not been heard of this commotion going on in the Abia State House of Assembly, the coming days will present a more interesting drama than we have already beheld.

But one thing is sure Uchechukwu ga emeriri n'Abia in 2017.

Source: Abia Breaking News

Re: The Abia Impeachment Story, What The House Did Not Tell Us by Chikelue2000(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Lala should come and see dis! Shameless Politicians. How I wish I have AK47

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Is Clear...... / Just This Morning / Nigerians React To Fayose's Public Support Of The February 6th Nationwide Protes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.