Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush (3842 Views)

Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / My Brother Raped My 11 Years Old House Help / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by TheeDetective: 12:57am On Jan 04, 2017
An 11 year old can control himself based on the guidance/example his father/mother sets for him. I’ll say it again; An 11 year old is way too young to be thinking of having a crush . Yes his body changes quite alright but that's when he gets into his teenage years. I agree with the bold statement though. cool
aflyingbird:

Not as if he can help it. His dad should teach him right from wrong, good values and morals. But as for crushes, it's not something they can control. He's a pre-teen, his body's changing and he's going to get crushes.

1 Like

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 04, 2017
Nobody can stop biology from taking its course. The boy's not thinking of having crushes on purpose. It's the "natural" physical and mental changes in his body taking place. Many kids begin getting crushes at his age, some younger. Some girls get their periods as early as 9 or 10 years old. From there they start getting crushes. Will u beat a girl for having a crush on a boy? It's called puberty. U can't punish kids for going thru puberty. Train, teach them right from wrong, not punish them for changes in their body they have no control over.

TheeDetective:
An 11 year old can control himself based on the guidance/example his father/mother sets for him. I’ll say it again; An 11 year old is way too young to be thinking of having a crush . Yes his body changes quite alright in his teenage years. I agree wuth the bold statement. cool
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by TheeDetective: 1:13am On Jan 04, 2017
At 11 years, if he concentrates on his books at that age then he won't have the need for crushes.
aflyingbird:
Nobody can stop biology from taking its course. The boy's not thinking of having crushes on purpose, it's the natural physical and mental changes in his body taking place. Many kids begin getting crushes at his age. Some girls get their period as early as 9 or 10 years old. From there they start getting crushes. Will u beat her? It's called puberty. U can't punish kids for going thru puberty.

2 Likes

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 04, 2017
Nobody can stop biology from taking its course. The boy's not thinking of having crushes on purpose. It's the "natural" physical and mental changes in his body taking place. Many kids begin getting crushes at his age, some younger. Some girls get their periods as early as 9 or 10 years old. From there they start getting crushes. Will u beat a girl for having a crush on a boy? It's called puberty. U can't punish kids for going thru puberty. Train, teach them right from wrong, not punish them for changes in their body they have no control over.

TheeDetective:
At 11 years, if he concentrates on his books at that age then he won't have the need for crushes.
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by TheeDetective: 1:18am On Jan 04, 2017
I'll say it again; At 11 years, if he concentrates on his books at that age then he won't have the need to have a crush. cool
aflyingbird:

2 Likes

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 04, 2017
Never mind
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2017
aflyingbird:
@ bolded... U don't know what u are talking abt. With all d loudmouth kids on nairaland, nigeria's no better. Western kids are smarter with technology, science n much more and r more advanced than naija kids in general.

Nigerian children are still far better than western kids in terms of moral and societal values. The ones that aren't have been exposed western culture.

When you base the standard of advancement on western technology and innovation then that's quite unfair because in terms of advancement in African culture and innovations western kids can not stand up to African kids. Let me ask you this question: how many western kids can use pestle and mortar to pound yam? The mortar and pestle is an African innovation so advancement shouldn't be based on western technology alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Sweetguy25: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2017
You have a horrny son. Lol
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by jakandeola(m): 8:42am On Jan 05, 2017
SalomonKane:
You're here again spewing your usual narrow minded puerile vibes, right?

Western kids are more advanced than naija kids in what regard?

Don't bother answering, you've already shown you're narrow minded.
use ur sence

1 Like

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by SalomonKane: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2017
jakandeola:
use ur sence
If you use yours you wouldn't be typing three syllables that reek of everything devoid of sense. tongue
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2017
Before you and I jump at passing judgements, let's remember that some Nigerian Parents will still not allow their 20 year old daughter visit or receive male visitors.

If you were raised like that, it's natural you think a 15 year old have no business dating, but hey we are in 2017!

I'm a product of a broken marriage and I never really experienced what many of you term fatherly love.

Everyone that has dropped a comment on this thread still probably remember that boy/girl we crushed on in secondary school (some perverts as early as Primary school grin ).

What I'm trying to say is at some point we all experienced these love/crush feelings growing up. We know they exist, what we can do now is to either turn a blind eye or embrace and help our own (children) handle things better.
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Ginaz(f): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
Oh my God, just give that poor boy a pat on his shoulders and hug him. You don't know the feelings when you got a crush embarassed

Explain to him as a friend having a crush on someone is normal, nothing wrong with your son. You should teach him how to control his feelings and focus on his book. Those peeps saying you should flog him thinks they are in 1880 undecided

Kids of today are more exposed and rotten on the inside, a girl in my hood, she's just 12 years old but she smokes and sleeps around with boys. Her father has flogged the living daylight out of her, no changes.

they say it is the reaction to a problem that determines the solution to it. If you take on the harsh side, your son gonna think that what he's feeling is wrong and would have a psychological problem in the future. Of course, what he is feeling is perfectly normal, he is just too young to take it this serious.

I had my first crush when I was in primary 4, same class as me. I did nothing but eyed and day dreamed about him till I got to primary 6. embarassed He left the school and the feelings died, so it's sometimes innocent.

Sit the lad and start explaining, don't wait till next week to teach him about SEX AND RELATIONSHIPS!!!!!

Or you can be hiding and sneaking behind him to read "nasty and naughty" chats of both of them till someone knock on your door and grabs you by your neck that your son " don give my pikin belle".

1 Like

Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 07, 2017
Those people saying 11 yrs is too young to have crush, I wonder wich planet they came from. I remember that was the age I have my first crush too, it felt like my heart was leaving my body, she was so pretty, I could die for this girl but that was then sha.
Op all u have to do is advice n monitor him, beating him will only kill that father son relationship u have.
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by sisisioge: 11:13am On Jan 07, 2017
Coolest daddy ever! Although I'm guessing you would want to kill someone already if positions were shifted and the girl is your daughter grin

Anyways, continue to followup underground...Be nice to him Biko. Love abi na crush is most painful abi na intense during this age. It will kinda make him more responsible, clean up better and generally better behaved. Talk to him though, just Incase he gets his heart broken.
Re: My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush by Ayinke93(f): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
So u tot u made sense right? Smh for ur petty way of thinking.... @op, u are already on the right path with the way u are training ur child. Some kids start developing emotions for the opposite sex early and d only thing u can do is to guide him, talk to him abt the girl and be well informed abt their activities together.
Pidgin2:
Who bought him the phone and who pays for data? Please carry your load and stop disturbing our peace or are you not a full grown adult?

Simple solution to this issue is to prepare another room in your house because you might soon be a grandfather.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See This Photoshoot Of A Pregnant Woman (photos) / My Wife Is Dirty, Man Tells Court / Clearance Sales Of Used Office Tables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.