Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? (15477 Views)

What Does The Law Say About Driving With An Expired Drivers License ? / Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by MrReeseG(m): 7:44am On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=femi4 post=52512998]I enjoy the potholes..... The way the car goes in and come out

Also enjoy blasting the horn in traffic[l/quote] your absorber go hear am
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by MrReeseG(m): 7:45am On Jan 04, 2017
femi4:
I enjoy the potholes..... The way the car goes in and come out

Also enjoy blasting the horn in traffic
your absorber go hear am
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by ItzHoludex(m): 7:48am On Jan 04, 2017
rolling of steering and speed
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Sgwash: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2017
cool
billy187:
Well, funny thing- I can't really put a finger on it. But then I prefer getting around by driving my jalopy much more to being driven around in an S Class.

Perhaps it's the content I feel from having absolute control over a metallic one tonne monster that feeds on dead dinosaurs and is propelled by little explosions. grin

dead dinosaurs u say... cool
billy187:
Well, funny thing- I can't really put a finger on it. But then I prefer getting around by driving my jalopy much more to being driven around in an S Class.

Perhaps it's the content I feel from having absolute control over a metallic one tonne monster that feeds on dead dinosaurs and is propelled by little explosions. grin

dead dinosaurs u say...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by willibounce1(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2017
You really enjoy driving in lagos. Traffic and bad roads won't allow
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Sgwash: 7:51am On Jan 04, 2017
shifting the transmission, and overtaking a lousy driver
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Sgwash: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Please try to get a drive in a proper car with auto transmission.

Many modern automatics are actually faster than the manual equivalent model.
It's not true... manual transmission is usually faster than automatic. just that most new cars with monstrous engines come with auto transmission. if such cars can come with manual transmission, only then will u understand what speed means grin
EgunMogaji:

It's not true... manual transmission is usually faster than automatic. just that most new cars with monstrous engines come with auto transmission. if such cars can come with manual transmission, only then will u understand what speed means
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by GaggleNSwallow: 8:07am On Jan 04, 2017
I enjoy driving when a pretty girl in mini skirt is sitting by my side and I occasionally caress her laps and make her giggle. Mehn, only a few people know the sensational pleasure having a hard on while driving.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Airoflaw(m): 8:20am On Jan 04, 2017
the speed and d overtaking especially with a manual car...d hold up makes me hate driving
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by DonTim1: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2017
being in charge, i would even prefer to drive 24 hours than sit as a passenger for 12 hours

and damn i love the blast of good music from my gbedublaster speakers when all windows are fully wound up at Night and on 60 - 80mph speed
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 04, 2017
Sgwash:

It's not true... manual transmission is usually faster than automatic. just that most new cars with monstrous engines come with auto transmission. if such cars can come with manual transmission, only then will u understand what speed means

Do you know the meaning of equivalent?

Actually, never mind. I should have known better.
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 04, 2017
MsDelilah:
I love speeding. You can never catch me driving slow, except the car is faulty.

I enjoy driving in traffic. I know, weird. But It's always fun cutting in front of other drivers, switching lanes. grin

I love the mental work involved: "would I fit in between those two cars? Can I quickly overtake before that trailer gets close" etc..

Best of all, I love long drives. Nothing beats cruising while blasting Yanni, or Bone Thugs, or Rihanna in your car. smiley

Ur simply crazy... grin grin grin grin
Anyways u just described me in ur write up but I hardly play Yanni. About NFS, I did Lagos to Owerri in 4 & half hrs(fastest time 4 me).
About ur description of "TURBO"....ur simply crazy but am sure u will love me on wheels... grin grin grin grin

By the way, I love Benz, Range, Zlatan, Hamilton, Michael Shumacher and Siberian Husky. They can make any grown man smile... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 04, 2017
dukeolumde:

Ur simply crazy... grin grin grin grin
Anyways u just described me in ur write up but I hardly play Yanni. About NFS, I did Lagos to Owerri in 4 & half hrs(fastest time 4 me).
About ur description of "TURBO"....ur simply crazy but am sure u will love me on wheels... grin grin grin grin

By the way, I love Benz, Range, Zlatan, Hamilton, Michael Shumacher and Siberian Husky. They can make any grown man smile... grin grin grin grin

Not many people enjoy Yanni's songs. My dad's driver usually tells him "Oga, please make we no play Yanni today. The songs dey make me sleep. Lmao!

I'd definitely love you behind the wheel! You're a fast driver. And I love the fact you love Hamilton, Schumacher, my boo Zlatan, dogs, and my favourite make of car Mercedes-Benz!!! kiss kiss

Can't wait to buy my W140. Then, we'd race!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by LaClickLaBend: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2017
It's the feeling of being in absolute control i love. Expecially when it's manual...Goooood. I also love overtaking smoothly. I was born to drive tho *sigh* wish i was born somewhere else, could have been driving formula1
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2017
Overtaking dangote trailers and picking fine fine girls.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Bigwig1: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2017
1. I love speeding nd overtaking other car
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by kayelm87(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by kayelm87(m): 9:44am On Jan 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

it can't be as fast as when you are in charge of the gear urself, I love manual transmission vehicles except in Lagos crazy hold up
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by AgreatMan: 9:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Everybody is claiming they are the fastest and no one gets past them. Wish their was a proving ground.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 04, 2017
kayelm87:
it can't be as fast as when you are in charge of the gear urself, I love manual transmission vehicles except in Lagos crazy hold up

You guys really need to expand your horizon. The smartphones in your hand is not limited to Nairaland only.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/manual-transmissions-faster-than-automatics.gym

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/five-myths-about-stick-shifts.html

"It's no loss, says Ken Hill, a professional racer, driving educator and vice president of operations for Automotive Adventures in Bellevue, Washington. "Some people are stuck on the mindset that a driver is faster with a manual box," Hill says. But there's a reason why some major performance-car manufacturers, including Ferrari and Jaguar, no longer offer traditional manual transmissions, he says. "They just aren't as good." "

Most modern automatics are faster than manuals. Same car, same engine.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by AgreatMan: 9:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Everybody is claiming they are the fastest and no one gets past them. Wish their was a proving ground.

For me, I am like Arsene Wenger when it comes to driving, using so little to achieve so much. I don't care about your 2014 or 2015 cars, just get me a 2002 Nissan frontier with a very fat tire or an 06 Highlander. For me, it's not about speed, it's about balance.if I beat you on a 010 gwagon or 09 full blown Tacoma, it's not an achievement.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2017
MsDelilah:

Not many people enjoy Yanni's songs. My dad's driver usually tells him "Oga, please make we no play Yanni today. The songs dey make me sleep. Lmao!

I'd definitely love you behind the wheel! You're a fast driver. And I love the fact you love Hamilton, Schumacher, my boo Zlatan, dogs, and my favourite make of car Mercedes-Benz!!! kiss kiss

Can't wait to buy my W140. Then, we'd race!!! grin

Lol cool. Benz W140 with a V12 engine? That would be fabulous... Are u sure I won't be staring and smilling at u during the race? grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by kayelm87(m): 9:59am On Jan 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You guys really need to expand your horizon. The smartphones in your hand is not limited to Nairaland only.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/manual-transmissions-faster-than-automatics.gym

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/five-myths-about-stick-shifts.htmlif that modern engine of same engine could be in manual transmission, my bro u will forget auto. Well it's a known fact, not everybody knows how to drive manual gears

"It's no loss, says Ken Hill, a professional racer, driving educator and vice president of operations for Automotive Adventures in Bellevue, Washington. "Some people are stuck on the mindset that a driver is faster with a manual box," Hill says. But there's a reason why some major performance-car manufacturers, including Ferrari and Jaguar, no longer offer traditional manual transmissions, he says. "They just aren't as good." "

Most modern automatics are faster than manuals. Same car, same engine.
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=kayelm87 post=52517004][/quote]

I'll trust my personal experience on cars in my fleet as we as "a professional racer, driving educator and vice president of operations for Automotive Adventures".
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 04, 2017
mejai:
in my life I have never heard someone love driving and playing yanni. u melt my heart. not to talk of blasting Yanni. wish u could give me a ride. am a die hard yanni fan (driving with it too)

U just said my mind in all u wrote.

I grew up listening to Yanni. Have over 13 of his albums. smiley

You can never not see a Yanni CD in my car.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Howmon: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2017
Was discharged from hospital yesterday morning, had to make it to lagos from osogbo, automatic saved my life w203, no companion and sedative was still heavy on me. Eyes were virtually closing during the trip. If it was manual, I don't know what would av happened.
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by MizAijay(f): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2017
I enjoy driving manual cars. I find automatic cars boring. The changing of gears and the footwork involved while driving a manual car gives me the feeling like I'm one of them drivers in the fast and furious movies.
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by krak101(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Changing gears
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by HBola(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
:
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by Belloggs: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
jessica042:
i so dont like driving....my leg always aches...but its convenient

I didn't get your mail. I told you to send it here - frankbayo4321@gmail.com
Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by obidaddy: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
Aquariann:
I love the fact that I'm not a passenger

I love (long) road trips.

Driving in the rain. The wipers (moving at the 2nd/3rd speed) has an effect on me I can't explain.

The feeling I get when downshifting from 5 to 3 to overtake (long vehicles) is only next to having an orgäsm. The sound of the engine at the point.... OMG

Switching lanes while using my trafficators accordingly as I overtake left and right (on a dual carriage highway). Abuja-Kaduna highway in the evening comes to mind.

The mental calculations I make before overtaking on single carriage roads. I particularly enjoy this on the ever busy and tricky Lafia-Akwanga road.

Listening to fuji/soukous/rock/highlife on a road with plenty (moderate)'potholes and patches as I change lanes knowingly e.g katsina-ala--Yandev stretch of k/ala-Makurdi road.. Keffi-Kachia road with those daredevil Opel Vectra guys giving a hot chase.

Opel vectra drivers! I dont know if there is a demon specially allocated to opel vectra. The drivers are just something else.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love/Enjoy About Driving? by obidaddy: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
MsDelilah:

I grew up listening to Yanni. Have over 13 of his albums. smiley

You can never not see a Yanni CD in my car.

My dear please share your collections with me. Lost mine when i pluged my memory card to a corrupt system. Please send to obidaddy73@gmail.com

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About Brain Box Reprogamming. / Car Battery / Police Impound 22 Cars In Abuja, Arrest 4 Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.