Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage (1127 Views)

No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / All You Need To Know About Court Marriage In Nigeria -Barr. Enwongo Cleopas. / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
We all know that in Nigeria today, people hardly do court marriage. As a woman, it is of paramount importance that you persuade your husband or husband to-be to have a court marriage with you because there are many advantages which is beneficial to you as the woman.
Here are some of my reasons:

You become His legal Wife: Court marriage makes you his legal wife, no matter where you go and what you do, he can't just send you packing because you are his legal wife and this makes your marriage to him more secure.

The Issue of Second Wife: In our society now, we hear news of a man getting married to another woman even when his first wife is still alive. With court wedding, he won't be able to do that, even if he intends to do so, when he remember that you guys had your court wedding, he won't be able to do so cos he knows he will face a jail term for committing bigamy.

The Issue of Property: court wedding gives you the right to owe part of his property in the event of a divorce, his property will be shared 50:50 in the event of a divorce. That alone will stop him from divorcing you anytime he feels like.

Court marriage protects you from marital abuse, neglect, oppression and only the court has the right to dissolve your marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by BlackDBagba: 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
And then when the woman wants a divorce? grin
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by bigcp(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by bigcp(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
no be for those when wanndo court marriage. ...4 me it's a NO NO....
after all d hustlin n busslin...1 who wen pretends 2 b a wife go come claim half of my property...No 4 dis 9ja...
i rather hv a baby mama n pay her off then ...
Rubbish
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by George22016(m): 2:12am On Jan 04, 2017
So men make sure u don't do court wedding except you and ur wife to be signs she will be contributing TO the family that's when the 50% can actualize
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by juman(m): 7:41am On Jan 04, 2017
There are some advantages or say stability as legal wife with court wedding.
But with court wedding the husband can marry another wife through traditional or religious manner.
No court would send the husband to jail in nigeria because he has another wife.

On the Issue of Property, when the family members of the husband stand up with their problems the so called legal wife would run away with her life.

That is why its important for the husband to have his will done.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2017
Catalin:
We all know that in Nigeria today, people hardly do court marriage. As a woman, it is of paramount importance that you persuade your husband or husband to-be to have a court marriage with you because there are many advantages which is beneficial to you as the woman.
Here are some of my reasons:

You become His legal Wife: Court marriage makes you his legal wife, no matter where you go and what you do, he can't just send you packing because you are his legal wife and this makes your marriage to him more secure.

The Issue of Second Wife: In our society now, we hear news of a man getting married to another woman even when his first wife is still alive. With court wedding, he won't be able to do that, even if he intends to do so, when he remember that you guys had your court wedding, he won't be able to do so cos he knows he will face a jail term for committing bigamy.

The Issue of Property: court wedding gives you the right to owe part of his property in the event of a divorce, his property will be shared 50:50 in the event of a divorce. That alone will stop him from divorcing you anytime he feels like.

Court marriage protects you from marital abuse, neglect, oppression and only the court has the right to dissolve your marriage.

Its done, we'll have court marriage. Just be mine.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2017
TakeMeSerious:

Its done, we'll have court marriage. Just be mine.
Sorry dear, I'm taken.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2017
Catalin:
Sorry dear, I'm taken.

Oh... angry.. There's a lucky guy already. It's alright.

I smell wedding
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2017
TakeMeSerious:

I smell wedding
Yes my wedding is coming up soon.
Re: Why Every Nigerian Woman Should Have A Court Marriage by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2017
TakeMeSerious:

I smell wedding
Yes my wedding is coming up soon.

(1) (Reply)

Teenage Pregnancy: A Silent Menance In Nigeria / If This Is Not A Balloon, Then What Is It? / Do We Have Genuine MEDIUM In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.