Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Hoodlums Raze Police Station - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Raze Police Station (1150 Views)

Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office / Hoodlums Raze Bauchi APC Gov Candidate’soffice / Violence Escalates As Suspected APC Supporters Raze PDP Property In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Raze Police Station by Mamajama(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2007
This is why Nigeria is not working, you can't kill the messenger to get your message across to the presidency?
destroying tax payer and government property does no good to any one in Nigeria. How can a police station be razed at noon and no one is coming forward to point out the perpetrators?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200701110075.html
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by BigB11(m): 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2007
Why are you talking as if you were born yesterday?

While you were in Nigeria, how many finger pointing did you do?

Give me a brake
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by Mamajama(m): 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2007
I didn't see such barbaric act neither, I would have
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by globalaid(m): 7:51am On Jan 12, 2007
nothing special there my friend. longest time the police has been against nigerian people and it is okay if they can be thought some few lesson.
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by Mamajama(m): 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2007
globalaid:

nothing special there my friend. longest time the police has been against Nigerian people and it is okay if they can be thought some few lesson.

SO next time you are getting rubbed by criminals you better not ever call police. what a stupid statement. what will the world be like without people like the police sacrificing the life's to save and protect us?
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by Mamajama(m): 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2007
``In the year 2006, the annual budget of the police was N85billion. Divide that by the total number of policemen, i.e. 335,000, and what you have is N253,731 per police per year. Now divide that by 12 months, the answer is N21,144. That is the amount that is supposed to kit, train and provide salary and allowance for a policeman. Is it not ridiculous?’’

and we spending billions on ill governors and senators
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by kimba(m): 1:04am On Jan 14, 2007
globalaid:

nothing special there my friend. longest time the police has been against nigerian people and it is okay if they can be thought some few lesson.

You know sometimes im tempted to feel happy especially when i hear such news happening to the police. This is because as you said, its been a long time that the Nigerian police have been against the Nigerian people.

Honestly, I think all of them need training. Serious one. The majority of them even need to be fired, coz i believe they dont know their job.

They way they tuck-in their uniform is a testimony that they dont kknow what it means to be a policeman. Forget the money they collect as bribe. The only thing I know the Nigerian police are good at is harassing and embarassing people, especially the ones that call themselves strip and search. Sometime last year, a friend of mine narrated his ordeal, how his laptop(which he had been using for almost 2-years) was collected by strip and search policemen at CMS bus-stop. He was asked to go home and bring the receipt. He asked his companion, a girl to wait with the policemen at CMS while he rushed to get the receipt. Because of the early morning traffic, etc, going back somewhere in Ikeja, he couldnt make it back in time. On the way back to CMS, the girl called him to say that the police were leaving in their fire-for-fire vehicle and that he(my friend) should bring the receipt to a particular police-station in VI or somewhere, i dunno.

The long story cut short is that till today, those policemen could not be found. He told me he went to the particular station, but that the officers he met their denied knowing any of such strip and search officers.

One stopped me on my way to work one morinng and asked where im going, informing me that hes a strip and search officer. So i introduced myself and said im going to work. I even showed him my ID Card. Guess the next thing he asks: "how much is your salary? show me your letter of employment." I was so dumbfounded, it was as if I wanted to vomit. I looked at him and asked him and his colleague and had to ask if they were armed robbers. So he replied, "are you calling me an armed robber? do you know I am a policeman?" I raised my voice and hammered him the same question again, until their superior came to sort out the issue. Guess what, the superior apologized and asked me to go my way and I overhead him instructing the other useless officer "see, learn how to talk. you shouldnt be asking someone about his salary"
Early in the morning, they constitute a worse traffic jam than the actual hold up itself. Sometime last Nov, I stood and observed the ones who stand near the junction near to my house one morning. It was a project which i had wanted to carry out for a long time. I watched these useless human beings in uniform disturbing innocent passerbys early in the morning for about 4hours. I was there 7am and left there about some minutes to 12noon. THey didnt arrest anybody, they asked countless number of people to open their bags, remove their belt, remove their shoes etc., and nothing of whatever they were looking for was found. THe worst was the yabees coming from Agberos, bus-drivers and people passing by. A whole lot of arguments took place as they delayed people driving to work with open your boot, your particulars, engine number verification - at totally useless and unorganized waste of effort.

As i observeed, i thought within my mind: if truly armed robbers had planned to pass that way, with the way these 20-naira boys displayed themselves like a huge signboard on the street, wont the armed robbers(or whoever was in possession of something dubios) think it wiser to take another route? The thought crossed my mind of how gangsters pounced on their prey and riddled them with amunition. These policeofficers had their eyes on every person passing the street. They were totally unaware of their own surroundings.

and this is what happens at various junctions in Lagos everyday. Perhaps I would conduct a more thorough research. I plan to shoot videos of these useless individuals in operation in different places in lagos. I plan to upload such on Youtube - Nigerian police in action, or perhaps it might be aired on TV stations.

Im not a policeman, but if I were in their shoes, I can count a 101 ways to be more efficient and productive.
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by saintchux(m): 1:35am On Jan 15, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

``In the year 2006, the annual budget of the police was N85billion. Divide that by the total number of policemen, i.e. 335,000, and what you have is N253,731 per police per year. Now divide that by 12 months, the answer is N21,144. That is the amount that is supposed to kit, train and provide salary and allowance for a policeman. Is it not ridiculous?’’

and we spending billions on ill governors and senators

If that the budget of Nigeria police. Is it Nigeria people that did the budget or government. If you are nearer to OBJ and co. advice them to equip Nigeria police. Atleast they will do better with good allowance.
Re: Hoodlums Raze Police Station by Mamajama(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2007
Yes its Nigerian people, when you elect officials, they are suppose to represent you at the helm of government, but in Nigeria they are busy looking for how much they can steal before their term is over, that is why we have issues in Nigeria today.

(1) (Reply)

Links To Nominated Candidates On Inec Website Is Not Working / What Do You Think About Bafarawa / Mtn, Is This True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.