Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter (34812 Views)

Father Recreates Photo With Daughters After 10 Years (photos) / Woman Recreates Photo Of Her Mother Carrying Her Twins / Ghanaian Man With 100 Children Proposes To His Own Daughter Mistakenly. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by metroblogger: 9:08am On Jan 04, 2017
Yasmin's mother took this photo over two decades ago. So when Yasmin had her own daughter she decided to recreate the photo. The resemblance is striking! Below is a post by the photographer Udimee:

"Pictures are powerful. They freeze time, preserve memories and document history in ways that still intrigue me. *

Over two decades ago, Yasmin’s mom had this photo taken (the one on the left) and recently, after Yasmin welcomed a baby girl, she decided that she wanted to recreate that same photo. The curious thing though, is how close the resemblance is between the three people in the photo. Yasmin looks just like her mum in the older picture and her daughter looks exactly like the younger Yasmin. *

Interestingly, I have not seen Yasmin in one year. However, the last time we met for a photoshoot at her house, I made a photo of her with a little girl, a relative of hers who kept trying to get into our pictures. So we included her in one with Yasmin and recently, when I was looking for a picture for my story, A Northern Dream, I stumbled on that picture and shared it on Instagram. Someone told Yasmin about it and that is how we got reunited for this exciting project. She had been looking for a photographer for this for a while. Can you believe that? *

It is in moments like this that I often place a lot of value on the job that I do. Photographers have helped preserve powerful memories for posterity and that is a truly noble thing, I think. Who knows, someday, Little Armani might want to make the same image and I might just be fortunate to be the guy who makes that image as well. Here is to Photographers and Powerful Memories!"

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/nigerian-woman-recreates-her-mothers.html

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Quintessential1(f): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2017
grin cheesy. The women look truly identical.

Fynestboi, Ishilove.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by CplusJason: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2017
All i see here is the "Joy of Motherhood" cool

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by angelTI(f): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2017
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by amiibaby(f): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2017
Cool
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by emmabest2000(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2017
Quintessential1:
grin cheesy. The women look truly identical.

Fynestboi, Ishilove.
Seconded..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by abrahym(m): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Power of a woman
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by tayoxx(m): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
Sweet...
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by superemmy(m): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
This one na reincarnation x3

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by ireneony(f): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
Nothing cool here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by kelvyn7: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
shocked THE BABY MUST DO IT TOO WHEN SHE GROWS UP cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
Nice one. History taking place
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by SexyNairalander: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2017
booked
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by alexiej(m): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Wow! This is just... Adorable!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Lilimax(f): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Lovely!
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by ichidodo: 10:47am On Jan 04, 2017
So?....You don't baff? Who the pishure EPP ?!
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by barrybanbi: 10:47am On Jan 04, 2017
So?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by ayodejijoshua(m): 10:47am On Jan 04, 2017
photocopy go easy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Atiku2019: 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Awwww Motherhood. Brb let me call my Mom smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Benjom(m): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Splendid
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Genea(f): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Adorable, mine is next wink kiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by midehi2(f): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Mrsugurada: 10:49am On Jan 04, 2017
Beautiful
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by oruma19: 10:50am On Jan 04, 2017
metroblogger:
Yasmin's mother took this photo over two decades ago. So when Yasmin had her own daughter she decided to recreate the photo. The resemblance is striking! Below is a post by the photographer Udimee:

"Pictures are powerful. They freeze time, preserve memories and document history in ways that still intrigue me. *

Over two decades ago, Yasmin’s mom had this photo taken (the one on the left) and recently, after Yasmin welcomed a baby girl, she decided that she wanted to recreate that same photo. The curious thing though, is how close the resemblance is between the three people in the photo. Yasmin looks just like her mum in the older picture and her daughter looks exactly like the younger Yasmin. *

Interestingly, I have not seen Yasmin in one year. However, the last time we met for a photoshoot at her house, I made a photo of her with a little girl, a relative of hers who kept trying to get into our pictures. So we included her in one with Yasmin and recently, when I was looking for a picture for my story, A Northern Dream, I stumbled on that picture and shared it on Instagram. Someone told Yasmin about it and that is how we got reunited for this exciting project. She had been looking for a photographer for this for a while. Can you believe that? *

It is in moments like this that I often place a lot of value on the job that I do. Photographers have helped preserve powerful memories for posterity and that is a truly noble thing, I think. Who knows, someday, Little Armani might want to make the same image and I might just be fortunate to be the guy who makes that image as well. Here is to Photographers and Powerful Memories!"

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/nigerian-woman-recreates-her-mothers.html

sweet memories leme go and do mine with my son. I have pictures that I took with my dad. Lolz
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:51am On Jan 04, 2017
Breaking news CNN
New snake
Beware just yesterday on Nat Geo Wild,it was announced that a very dangerous snake has just been discovered. Scientists claim that the snake is an enhance species of reptile family.
According to Nat Geo Wild,the snake increases 0.5cm in length every time its feed and its feed every 30 seconds or less. This particular snake can not be killed with weapon except its bite itself. This is the most dangerous snake ever recorded in the history of man. The snake can only be seen in Nokia torchlight mobile phone under game option, snake.....
Thanks for carefully..... Reading

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Histrings08(m): 10:51am On Jan 04, 2017
This resemblance dazed me
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by Pavore9: 10:52am On Jan 04, 2017
Beautiful.
Re: Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter by CplusJason: 10:53am On Jan 04, 2017
shevchenko:

All I see is your stupidity
Thanks!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo-ita Gives Parents Of Quintuplets’ House, Job / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.