Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? (1357 Views)

"I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson / Tribute To Baby MOMMAS! The ULTIMATE FEMINISTAS. / The Frustrations Of Older Nigerian Women Who Are Sex-starved By Their Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Opinionated: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pop star, Janet Jackson has given birth to her first child with husband, Wissam Al Mana at the ripe age of 50. In a statement released to People Magazine, her publicist stated:

“Janet Jackson and husband Wissam Al Mana are thrilled to welcome their new son Eissa Al Mana into the world,”

“Janet had a stress-free healthy delivery and is resting comfortably.”

Congratulations to the couple, an interesting question is: if they plan on having more children? Another interesting thought is if more older women will see this as an inspiration to have children at an age that is not considered optimal especially for health reasons.

Janet’s star power could spark a new trend of ‘Older Mommas’, we just have to wait and see.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/janet-jackson-gives-birth-first-child-eissa-al-mana/

As a lady, are you encouraged to have kids at 50 and beyond from this case?
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
To be sincere, no one wants to have kids late in life. Maybe she was TTC(Trying To Conceive) over the years.
I'd love to have my kids early.
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Opinionated: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Catalin:
To be sincere, no one wants to have kids late in life. Maybe she was TTC(Trying To Conceive) over the years.
I'd love to have my kids early.

Never heard she was TTC when she was dancing all over the place. grin grin grin

It seems more like crazy lifestyle to me was what did not allow her to think of children in her early years.

5 Likes

Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
Congratulations.janet!...happy.for.you!
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
Good question..especially with how today's women in America have pushed back having families until later in life..not saying I agree with that.
But I don't think this will inspire women to conceive that late in life. It is interesting to note that Janet's husband is much younger (37) than her. However, the average woman is not a celebrity & therefore doesn't have the conviences of a (paid chef & fitness trainer for optimal health etc.). I believe the window is around 18-30 for the healthiest pregnancies..don't quote me on that cause I might be wrong. Sarah Palin, former 2008 VP candidate for the U.S. had her last baby at 43.
I, personally, have said that I'd give myself to 42 & then I'd probably explore other options...
I guess it also depends on a lot of factors..but "50" is kindof cutting it close.

3 Likes

Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Opinionated: 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lady39:
Good question..especially with how today's women in America have pushed back having families until later in life..not saying I agree with that.
But I don't think this will inspire women to conceive that late in life. It is interesting to note that Janet's husband is much younger (37) than her. However, the average woman is not a celebrity & therefore doesn't have the conviences of a (paid chef & fitness trainer for optimal health etc.). I believe the window is around 18-30 for the healthiest pregnancies..don't quote me on that cause I might be wrong. Sarah Palin, former 2008 VP candidate for the U.S. had her last baby at 43.
I, personally, have said that I'd give myself to 42 & then I'd probably explore other options...
I guess it also depends on a lot of factors..but "50" is kindof cutting it close.

Abi...
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Women having kids past their 40s is nothing new.

2 Likes

Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Opinionated:

Abi...

Please forgive my ignorance...but what does "abi" mean?
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Opinionated: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2017
Lady39:

Please forgive my ignorance...but what does "abi" mean?

You are not Nigerian? It is the equivalent of 'you know' in English. A means of supporting your point of view.

2 Likes

Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Opinionated:

You are not Nigerian? It is the equivalent of 'you know' in English. A means of supporting your point of view.

I am African-American..people are gonna get tired of me saying this...lol. My dad's Igbo..my late mom was black American. Unfortunately, we weren't taught how to speak Igbo...or Pidgin English.
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Opinionated: 10:54am On Jan 16, 2017
Lady39:

I am African-American..people are gonna get tired of me saying this...lol. My dad's Igbo..my late mom was black American. Unfortunately, we weren't taught how to speak Igbo...or Pidgin English.

No problem at all, welcome to Nigeria and its culture. We can be annoying and frustrating at times but you will be glad to know you are part of an awesome people through your dad.
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by megareal: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2017
I've seen older women give birth without all the stress and fuss we the younger ones go through. African women are naturally gifted sef. But I expect to be looking forward to a new generation at fifty not still making my own.
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
Opinionated:

No problem at all, welcome to Nigeria and its culture. We can be annoying and frustrating at times but you will be glad to know you are part of an awesome people through your dad.

Thanks..I'm kinda living vicariously through Nairaland..until I get to the "Motherland" in person. I've been here for several weeks...and have encountered it all...lol..i think. But I do like
this site..and kudos to the young man who created it. He's like the Nigerian version of Mark Zuckerberg...and yes..Nigerians are
an intelligent and powerful people
Re: Could Janet Jackson Inspire A Trend Of Older Mommas? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
grin
Actually, she gives me hope. Though she can afford all the fancy reproductive technology if she wants sooooo.... money makes a big difference.

Good for her tho anyway....

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Wants To Kill Me With Children, Man Tells Court / Help! My Friend's Cousin Left Him With Properties Without A Will / Change My Story If You Can Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.