Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O (2425 Views)

How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. / Alaba Int'l Market And Aba Market: Which Is The Most Popular? / Alaba International Market Lagos Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by BabaRamota1980: 2:02am On Jan 05, 2017
LAGOS — Igbo Traders in Alaba International Market, under the aegis of New Site Shopping Mall and Warehouse Section, have cried out over the alleged illegal eviction from a property under litigation.

The traders, in a petition by their chairman, Eze Ezebuadi and Secretary, Ikechukwu Umeuhabike, called on the Inspector General of the Police, Mr. Idris Ibrahim to give them protection over the use of armed thugs and suspected members of the Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, to violently chase them away from the property, the subject matter of a suit pending before a Lagos High Court, sitting in Badagry. In the petition, the traders claimed that they purchased the land, 48 plots at Alaba International Market Annex, Alaba-Rago, Ojo, sometime in 2008, from the original owners, Omo Eleduwa family of Kemberi and Adetona Cambell family. According to the petitioners, they have been using the parcel of land as park, where their containers are discharged and goods sold to the customers until 2010, when one Almotson Nigeria Limited, led by one Akande surfaced and claimed that the state government gave them Certificate of Occupancy, C of O, in respect of the same land. “In November 2015, Amotson Nigeria Limited filled a law suit at the state High Court sitting in Badagry, claiming that we the traders trespassed on the land.

On June 13, 2016, the trial judge, Justice Bola Okikiolu-Ighile refused the application of injection sought by the claimant and ordered accelerated hearing of the matter..” The aggrieved traders had earlier, through their counsel Mr. Toyin Keshinro, in a pre-action notice sent to the state Attorney General, Mr. Kazeem Adeniji complained how the officials of the state Ministry of Environment at the instance of Almotson Nigeria Limited, invaded the property and carried out the illegal demolition of the property, in flagrant disobedience to the court order that refused to restain the traders from the property. Meanwhile, the Inspector General of Police has directed the Assistant Inspector General of Police in-Charge of Zone 2 to carry out a thorough investigation of the complaints of the traders to avert bloodshed and potential clash between Igbo and Yoruba traders in the market.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/igbo-traders-cry-out-over-eviction-at-alaba-market/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Obijulius: 2:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Cursed is any Igbo man/woman who uses his hard earned money to buy land in any part of the SW.

The same people you huzzle to purchase land from will never build a flat in the SS/SE, no matter how long they live there.

Naijiriya is a temporary structure and should be treated as such. We are yet to realize that it is cheaper in the long run to pay rent in the SW and establish solid and veritable structures back home.

These AFONJAs will shout one naijiriya as long as you continue to develop their lands to your detriment.

Cursed
is anybody from the other side, who will challenge my claims above, without solid facts devoid of hypocrisy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 05, 2017
Obijulius:
Cursed is any Igbo man/woman who uses his hard earned money to buy land in any part of the SW.

The same people you huzzle to purchase land from will never build a flat in the SS/SE, no matter how long they live there.

Naijiriya is a temporary structure and should be treated as such. We are yet to realize that it is cheaper in the long run to pay rent in the SW and establish solid and veritable structures back home.

These AFONJAs will shout one naijiriya as long as you continue to develop their lands to your detriment.

Cursed
is anybody from the other side, who will challenge my claims above, without solid facts devoid of hypocrisy.
Apart from cursing, what else do you know?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by kettykin: 2:38am On Jan 05, 2017
We need more of these to our igbo business men to speed up divestment to the east, God bless this initiative.
God bless fashola who started it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Solowande(m): 2:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Obijulius:

Cursed
mr curses curses nor talk wetin u nor know

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by nonsobaba: 2:47am On Jan 05, 2017
Truth be told, our igbo leaders and elite are to blame for this mess because they are not showing good examples. Take for instance, my former governor Peter Obi who stole over 150 billion naira from the state when he was governor, rather than plough back his loot into the state's economy, he went to Abuja to build one of the largest malls in the country. He then went to Lagos to build a multi-billion naira lubricant plant for his Techno Oil company. This is in addition to new NEXT shopping malls he is building in Lagos, Calabar and Ibadan but Anambra and south-east has none! That man Peter Obi is nothing but a celebrated thief with no conscience and he should be hanged by his balls.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Solowande(m): 2:48am On Jan 05, 2017
The Yoruba's like trouble die but when time 4 fight don reach dem go dey make peace.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by maryjan8(f): 3:13am On Jan 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by tit(f): 3:16am On Jan 05, 2017
chase all the flat head to their red gully erosion hut

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Luukasz(m): 3:23am On Jan 05, 2017
Solowande:
The Yoruba's like trouble die but when time 4 fight don reach dem go dey make run.
Do you say yoruba's like trouble,perhaps it came from your yansh not your mouth. The most peace loving tribe in Nigeria is the yoruba's.
So saying yoruba's love trouble is a misconception.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Solowande(m): 3:30am On Jan 05, 2017
Luukasz:
Do you say yoruba's like trouble,perhaps it came from your yansh not your mouth. The most peace loving tribe in Nigeria is the yoruba's.
So saying yoruba's love trouble is a misconception.
i dey talk frm experience. Dem dey my compound. I go still repeat am, dem like wahala

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Luukasz(m): 3:33am On Jan 05, 2017
The same buhari that y'll dislike is still the same man you need help from. Chai!!
And besides whats it with igbos and yoruba's brouhaha here & there. I blame the igbos for always trying to blame the yoruba's for their mishaps.
You folk should transfer whatever aggresion y've got on the government and not another tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Luukasz(m): 3:37am On Jan 05, 2017
Solowande:
i dey talk frm experience. Dem dey my compound. I go still repeat am, dem like wahala
Experience?. Well you dont use a modicum to judge a plethora.
I'm well convinced you've not had encounter with a hundred yoruba people and yet youre saying yoruba's like trouble.
Come on dude be rationale.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Solowande(m): 3:58am On Jan 05, 2017
Luukasz:
Experience?. Well you dont use a modicum to judge a plethora.
I'm well convinced you've not had encounter with a hundred yoruba people and yet youre saying yoruba's like trouble.
Come on dude be rationale.
Shebi i get right to sey voice my opinion? Talk ur own and leave my own alone

1 Like

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Corrinthians(m): 4:11am On Jan 05, 2017
Cant they simply return to their villages? Must they stay in Afonja land? angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Corrinthians(m): 4:14am On Jan 05, 2017
Obijulius:
Cursed[/b] is any Igbo man/woman who uses his hard earned money to buy land in any part of the SW.

[b]Naijiriya is a temporary structure and should be treated as such. We are yet to realize that it is cheaper in the long run to pay rent in the SW and establish solid and veritable structures back home.

These AFONJAs/b] will shout one naijiriya as long as you continue to develop their lands to your detriment.
[b]
Cursed] is anybody from the other side, who will challenge my claims above, without solid facts devoid of hypocrisy.
Pained ataché by force ipob yoot. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by ImperialYoruba: 4:56am On Jan 05, 2017
So na wetin happen for Alaba, Ibo dey misbehave again? sad

Lie the mofos down and flogg them! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by PEPPERified: 5:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Observing.
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by cyberdurable(m): 5:23am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by chibuzorAbia: 5:28am On Jan 05, 2017
Yoruba people, please stop your welcoming attitude ans send dem back home. Our land needs development.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:21am On Jan 05, 2017
But why will they sell some plots of land and then resale it to another? Well I pray they settle things out
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 05, 2017
THINK HOME, BUILD HOME.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 6:26am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2017
Igbo Land is in danger of being hijacked by thugs. We Igbo need to seriously address that if we want our folks outside to come home and invest. TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by ScotsReferendum: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2017
Blessing in disguise
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by januzajj: 7:44am On Jan 05, 2017
Solowande:
The Yoruba's like trouble die but when time 4 fight don reach dem go dey make peace.
yeah...the way we made peace during Biafra war ...Benjamin Adekunle made peace by killing thousands of your people
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by Solowande(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2017
januzajj:
yeah...the way we made peace during Biafra war ...Benjamin Adekunle made peace by killing thousands of your people
and u are proud of it. u dull well well o. Na nigeria army nor bi adekunle army
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by januzajj: 7:57am On Jan 05, 2017
Solowande:
and u are proud of it. u dull well well o. Na nigeria army nor bi adekunle army
If I tell you wetin dey my mind as you say I dull..mods go ban me for a month again... Make I free you

Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by ificatchmodeh: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2017
Corrinthians:
Cant they simply return to their villages? Must they stay in Afonja land? angry

Where be their land..and where afonja land dey?
Re: Buhari Come To Our Rescue In Alaba, Yoruba People Don Start Trouble Again O by skedman(m): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2017
Solowande:
militant is complaing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Advice On Transport Business / Is Luno The Best Site For Trading Of Bitcoin? / Basic Skill Acquisition Seminar On Various Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.