Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State (21003 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Olami90: 9:25am On Jan 06, 2017
diportivo:
So,I had to go sort some things in my hometown and I decided to take pictures in the way

Departure.....ikorodu,lagos

Destination..... Eruwa,ibarapa east local government area,oyo state

It is really good to see someone here from my side. #confirmed+Ibarapa-east.
My town is d next after yours. I definitely won't get to mine witout passing through Eruwa so I am quite familiar with the routes you followed. My pry$sec. education was in abeokuta too.

Op, clean ride you av got there. You have got maintenance ability except u got the car not quite long.

Thumbs up bro. cool
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by cybriz82(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2017
diportivo:
So,I had to go sort some things in my hometown and I decided to take pictures in the way

Route....there are three routes used to get out of Lagos thru ikorodu.

there's the sagamu-ikorodu road,which is the shortest and quickest of the lot,but is ridden with so many craters dat I didn't even think of it at all.that route would have taken me to sagamu,I would have then taken a left turn just after lafarge cement to link the sagamu-ore expressway

There's the ikorodu-itokin-ijebuode road.this would have taken me to the ijebu ode end of the sagamu-ore expressway via imota,adamo,itokin etc.this route tho smoother,is relatively longer as I would need to link Abeokuta to get to my destination

I was left with just one other option, which was to go through the lagos-ibadan expressway to sagamu,and then climb the bridge at the sagamu interchange and face Abeokuta from there

From Abeokuta, I would navigate through the town,get to olomore and then to lafenwa

From lafenwa,will get on the abeokuta-sokoto highway,which general olusegun obasanjo started in the 70s,but hasn't been finished till date.road doesn't get past kwara state(I think),but its the surest route to get to my hometown...also to towns like igboora,Maya, ayete,iseyin and the likes

Road is relatively smooth,but not busy.so much so that there has been instances of robbery especially early mornings and late nights

Duration of journey....3hrs(traffic and all inclusive)

Ride....2003 volvo S60 with 2.0T i5 engine wink

Pictures.....fluids check

Tires check

Cluster check

u want sell the car?
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by bigfather(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2017
1wolex85:

Ah Oga! 7 mins between Abeokuta and Sagamu! haba. I schooled in Abeokuta for 6 years and only God knows how many times I plied that road. When I drove on that road last year, it took 30 mins driving at 80 to 100 kmph so at what speed were you driving?

Na Jet engine ! 7mins BTW Govs office to Sagamu
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Chukazu: 9:41am On Jan 06, 2017
whenever I take such journey, and see the landscape, all I keep telling myself is that "this country is a pure Virgin land ".. as in we never even scratch the surface

@op.. "nwa gara ije, nwe ulo "

#safety

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by chiefoluigwe(m): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2017
Good stuff but please next time, let the passenger in the car with you take the pictures. Concentrate on the road while driving and stay safe

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by litaninja(m): 9:53am On Jan 06, 2017
Lagos to Oyo is NOT a road trip. Its a quick hop.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Hollasmall: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2017
abeg make una talk sense no be agbero dey here. Talk things that matters and can help situation if the change era
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2017
Abayor7:
grin

Am more interested in the boobs I can see In the last pic of the third set shocked tongue grin
undecided undecided
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by missKiffy(f): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2017
cheesy All you guys commenting about the lady in front are perverts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:24am On Jan 06, 2017
Olami90:

It is really good to see someone here from my side. #confirmed+Ibarapa-east.
My town is d next after yours. I definitely won't get to mine witout passing through Eruwa so I am quite familiar with the routes you followed. My pry$sec. education was in abeokuta too.

Op, clean ride you av got there. You have got maintenance ability except u got the car not quite long.

Thumbs up bro. cool

cool
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:29am On Jan 06, 2017
Ninilowo:
Which part of Eruwa are you from? Anko, oke'ruwa, Sangote, Sango, oke Ola or orita abi na new Eruwa. Anyway I wish you a very nice stay.

Bros

Family house is in sangote(now called isale alfa),and dats around anko also

Personal house is in sanngo,around olusegun

wink
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
grin angry just tell us you bought a new car
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by nurey(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
missKiffy:
cheesy All you guys commenting about the lady in front are perverts Admirers

corrected cheesy

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by segunk1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
I think una dey see this guy baah?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Ninilowo(m): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
diportivo:

Bros

Family house is in sangote(now called isale alfa),and dats around anko also

Personal house is in sanngo,around olusegun

wink
That's cool. I'm from the Adelakuns (Late Ayoade Adelakun) That white house that's no so far from The old site of the polytechnic. Happy stay bro.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ninilowo:
That's cool. I'm from the Adelakuns (Late Ayoade Adelakun) That white house that's no so far from The old site of the polytechnic. Happy stay bro.

Ah

I know that house

I'm a ladapo...from the agiri's compound

Thanks bro
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Ninilowo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
diportivo:

Ah

I know that house

I'm a ladapo...from the agiri's compound

Thanks bro
u are most welcome ma broda. It's nice meeting you here
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2017

Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Horladortune:

Nice one
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by Hollasmall: 5:32am On Mar 12, 2017
Change
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by princejones(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
All good
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by davdandam(m): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
diportivo:

Route....there are three routes used to get out of Lagos thru ikorodu.

there's the sagamu-ikorodu road,which is the shortest and quickest of the lot,but is ridden with so many craters dat I didn't even think of it at all.that route would have taken me to sagamu,I would have then taken a left turn just after lafarge cement to link the sagamu-ore expressway

There's the ikorodu-itokin-ijebuode road.this would have taken me to the ijebu ode end of the sagamu-ore expressway via imota,adamo,itokin etc.this route tho smoother,is relatively longer as I would need to link Abeokuta to get to my destination

I was left with just one other option, which was to go through the lagos-ibadan expressway to sagamu,and then climb the bridge at the sagamu interchange and face Abeokuta from there

From Abeokuta, I would navigate through the town,get to olomore and then to lafenwa

From lafenwa,will get on the abeokuta-sokoto highway,which general olusegun obasanjo started in the 70s,but hasn't been finished till date.road doesn't get past kwara state(I think),but its the surest route to get to my hometown...also to towns like igboora,Maya, ayete,iseyin and the likes

Road is relatively smooth,but not busy.so much so that there has been instances of robbery especially early mornings and late nights

Duration of journey....3hrs(traffic and all inclusive)

Ride....2003 volvo S60 with 2.0T i5 engine wink

Pictures.....fluids check

Tires check

Cluster check

Boss I need candid advice from you concerning the volvo s60... I'm thinking of getting one as a first car instead of a Honda, do you think it's a good ideas, besides which year and specs is least problematic in your experience
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by diportivo: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
davdandam:

Boss I need candid advice from you concerning the volvo s60... I'm thinking of getting one as a first car instead of a Honda, do you think it's a good ideas, besides which year and specs is least problematic in your experience

depends on the sorta honda u are comparing it with

i love the Volvo....engine and transmission is lit..whatever trim/version u choose

parts are in daleko...mechos are there too so u might need to av friends there to enjoy it..my guess is u are in lagos

the turbo version doesnt dig mineral oil...treat it well and uv gotten urself a bargain

u cant go wrong with the 01-05 s60
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by davdandam(m): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2017
diportivo:

depends on the sorta honda u are comparing it with

i love the Volvo....engine and transmission is lit..whatever trim/version u choose

parts are in daleko...mechos are there too so u might need to av friends there to enjoy it..my guess is u are in lagos

the turbo version doesnt dig mineral oil...treat it well and uv gotten urself a bargain

u cant go wrong with the 01-05 s60
Thanks a lot boss I appreciate.
Re: Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State by SmartchoiceNGR: 5:59am On Jul 18, 2017
diportivo:

Gone are the days when I did stuffs like dat bros

Besides,dats my wife tongue
Ok. I will not comment. Regards to her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Knocked Down By Hit & Run Driver In Nnewi. Do You Know Him? (Graphic Photos) / Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State / Nigerian Passport Ranked 57th In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.