Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 (4349 Views)

Meet Jane Onyinyechi Ogwo, FUTO Best Graduating Student With CGPA Of 4.9 / UNILAG: Girl Got Admitted On Merit Having Scored Zero In Post Utme Screening / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by stephenduru: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
Meet 22year old Oyindamola Omotuyi  who is set to convocate on the 24th of january as the Best graduating student for the 2015/2016 session from the department of Systems Engineering with a perfect cgpa of 5.0.

Below is her interview with Campusclique...

Was 5.00 GPA your target from the day you got into Unilag? 

Not at all. When I finished my first year, my fellowship- The Redeemed Christian Fellowship had overcomers award and encouraged us to do well academically even spiritually so I was challenged by it.

Were you this exceptional when you were in secondary school? Like you had straight A’s in your WAEC?

I had 1st position from Jss1-Sss3. I also finished as the best graduating student in my set. Though I did not have straight As in WAEC but they were all distinctions. 

How easy was it to graduate with a 5.0?

Well, I must say it's been God all through. He provided wisdom at every point. Also, He brought my coursemates and friends who helped me immensely. The likes of Laurina, Rotimi, Gbemi, Yemisi, Tofunmi, The 5, Squad45, Samah, Fesobi, Bidemi, Queenette, TLP etc. I worked a lot with people. It's good to include that there were challenges but the beautiful thing is that they were for a short while. It was not easy but considering the fact that God provided strength all the way, I would say it was easy with God

How often did you use the library since there were many things to read?

To be candid, I went to the library mainly in my first year. Most of my readings were in my room and faculty. 

What would you advise students, both the incoming and those already in school, to do to have an excellent result?

It's good to read but yet read rightly. Ride on the wings of those that have gone ahead. Ask questions about the nitty gritty of the course and what the lecturer wants. During exams, write what your lecturer want to see not what you want to write. Work with your classmates. I must say that I did what every normal student will do e.g. Read, go for overnight etc. But what kept me there and sustained me is the Lord. Thank you.

Congrats to her!

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/22-yr-old-unilag-student-graduates-with.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by tens4real(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
Congrats I pray she get a good job in this buhari Era

1 Like

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by laudate: 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
Great Akokite!!! cheesy May this degree launch you into greater portals of success, higher levels of favour, bigger platforms of opportunities and inexplicable sources of wealth. Can I get an Amen from somebody?? cool

4 Likes

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
some people are born brilliant while some are struggling to be brilliant

congrats to you babe girl.

4 Likes

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Zico5(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
Good, hmmmm, yoruba setting the pace since 1900BC. Another milestone from western Nigeria again. Flatinoes may not take this lightly. We rock indeed.

4 Likes

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Oladimejjy(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
Good for her...

Afonja making good records since 12 BC..

1 Like

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Jamaticulus(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
ahn ahn...5.0 in Unilag again!!
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nabeeq(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
good smiley
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
The koko is being able to apply what you learnt in school in real life...

Greatest akokite!

1 Like

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by shayhune: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Congrats Oyinda. I rejoice with you.

@mod. where are you. Front page things o jare.

1 Like

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Rapmaestro(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
There is one in Cell Biology And Genetics too na...

2 Likes

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by timmyblast(m): 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
5.0. how is that possible in a nigeria university.

1 Like

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
Rapmaestro:
There is one in Cell Biology And Genetics too na...
This is the work of Faculty of Engineering guys...
They are promoting only their own... undecided

Congrats to her!
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
Oladimejjy:
Good for her...

Afonja making good records since 12 BC..

You are a Yoruba yet you freely use a derogatory name on a Yoruba like yourself? Surely something must be wrong somewhere. undecided

By the way, didn't a certain guy called Ayodele make 5.0 CGPA in Unilag last year too.

3 Likes

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Rapmaestro(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
FrancisTony:

This is the work of Faculty of Engineering guys...
They are promoting only their own... undecided

Congrats to her!
oh I understand now... but let it be known that there is also one girl in faculty of science, department of Cell Biology and Genetics on 5.0 CGPA.. dont remember her name but when I do, I'll post it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
Rapmaestro:
oh I understand now... but let it be known that there is also one girl in faculty of science, department of Cell Biology and Genetics on 5.0 CGPA.. dont remember her name but when I do, I'll post it...
I know her but not by name...
We are in faculty of science (biological sciences)
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by proxitaly: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
HERE ARE ALL THE bleeps I GIVE

WAIT LET ME WRITE'EM DOWN

2 Likes

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nicolars(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
those calling cell bio
u should knw dat the course no too get weight unlike systems engr

cheesy cheesy cheesy francistony
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
This is nice..... Things like these are among the list of achievement and attainment one desire to put in the CV.
cheesygrin

I won't join the crowd in criticising the "strictness"of unilag in awarding Excellence. If anybody deserves 5.0/5.0, then s/he should get it.

Well done miss

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by IrradiatoR: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Excellent.

My daughter will achieve such and more, amen.

congratulations Oyinda.
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
5.0 again! na rice dem dey serve them there or what?
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by DisGuy: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
Congrats lady

it's been God all through

is this the new buzz phrase now?
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by davbravo(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
Wow, so proud of her. .....Heard of her from my first year in UNILAG.......
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
Nicolars:
those calling cell bio
u should knw dat the course no too get weight unlike systems engr

cheesy cheesy cheesy francistony
Oga, park well...
Engineering courses that when you arrive at your final answer, your A is sure compared to CBG...

When you borrow courses from Zoology departments, you'll know how far..
MBBS is a branch of Zoology that majors in human compared to Zoology which is human and animal... embarassed

You wan compare?
Anyway, her name is Bankole Taiwo @rapmeastro

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by laudate: 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
FrancisTony:
Oga, park well...
Engineering courses that when you arrive at your final answer, your A is sure compared to CBG...

MBBS is a branch of Zoology that majors in human compared to Zoology which is human and animal... embarassed

You wan compare?

Bros, take am easy. How is MBBS a branch of Zoology?? shockedgrin Ok, in the US, medicine is a second degree so if you study Biology, Zoology etc. as a first degree, then you stand a better chance of getting into the medical programme.
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Jesuspikin8: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
How is that even possible in Engineering? They must be very liberal
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Jesuspikin8: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
FrancisTony:

Oga, park well...

You wan compare?
You are both right and wrong. Your first statement is true but only for calculation courses. However, we also engage in courses where calculation is no where among the panel of judges and that's were they nip you down. Courses like: Technical writing/report, Use of English, Engineer in Society, Engineering Law and Economics,Technical drawings, even Labs ( the most annoying).

Anyhow sha, the girl tried.

1 Like

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by daxon001(m): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
FrancisTony:

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by daxon001(m): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
FrancisTony:

Dude so na Unilag u dey now? smiley
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by Lovechyld101(m): 11:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
lol

Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by YhungPablo(m): 12:19am On Jan 06, 2017
BWB

who'll sponsor me to the highest university in the world on NL??, i want to break world records.,I'll be grateful
@froshguy2015@gmail.com

Thanks..
Re: 22yr UNILAG Girl Graduate Wit CGPA Of 5,Set 2 Convocate As Overal Best On Jan 24 by kennyjam: 2:40am On Jan 06, 2017
My head has swollen and i'm having Goose bumps at the time of filing this report.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Abandoned My PHD Programme / This Is What The Zika Virus Does To a Child- Pics / Airtel Made Me Loose Millions Today. So Sad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.