Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno (24822 Views)

Obituary: Burial Of UN Aid Worker & Medical Doctor Killed By Boko Haram In Borno / Nurse Abducted By Boko Haram In Rann Speaks: ‘Tell My Parents I’m In Trouble’ / Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by NaijaMutant(f): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
MAIDUGURI – At least 15 people who specialized in hunting grasshoppers popularly called ‘Fara’ in Hausa have been slaughtered in the bushes between Gubio and Mobbar Local Government Areas of Borno state by suspected members of dreaded Boko Haram sect. Sources have said.

The incident which happened a week ago have caused scarcity and raised the price of the commodity in Maiduguri, the state capital, as a small measure of fried Fara which stood at N500 in the past now sales between N1200 and above.

According to a security source who were mobilized to the scene told our Correspondent that the insurgents clashed with the victims in the bushes near Kareto community, north of the state.

This incident is coming barely two weeks when the military of ‘Operation Lafiya Dole’ reopened the Maiduguri- Gubio- Damasak road for motorists.

The source revealed that “15 people were killed by terrorists while combing bushes around Kareto area to hunt grasshoppers.

“When the grasshopper hunters were in the bush, some group of terrorists suddenly appeared and started shooting sporadically, after which they killed one of the hunters before slaughtering 14 and fled without no arrest”. The source said.

Also speaking on the killings, Mrs. Hanatu Jauro who fries Fara in Maiduguri, told our Correspondent in an interview that since the incident occured, she have been finding it very difficult to get the commodity for sale, as one of her customer was among those killed in the ambush.

All effort to get confirmation from the Police Public Relations Officer, Victor Isuku proves abortive as his cell phone lines were not reacheable at press time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/15-beheaded-boko-haram-sect-borno/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by NaijaMutant(f): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
Don't tempt Shekau undecided

3 Likes

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
This writeup is the worst i have seen i decades....... undecided

21 Likes

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by idupaul: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
People eat Farah?
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by ozoebuka1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
who conquered who again boko or NA

7 Likes

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by NaijaMutant(f): 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
slimthugchimee2:

Poor write up though, but the message it conveyed is more important than the grammatical rules undecided

15 people were beheaded

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by maslong(m): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
security agency should be held responsible for deceiving the people that the place is safe.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by ScotsReferendum: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
Boko Haram has technically return grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by sonofspada(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
[b][/b]Where are the heads?

1 Like

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by mbaboy(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
The fifteen people in bubus voice are soft targets,boko Haram technically defeated. Ehe liar Mohammed blame Jonathan

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Presidiotbuhari: 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
It seems boko haram foot soldiers are more intelligent than foolbuhari and his cowardice army, aka boys scout.

31 Likes

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Fremancipation: 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
You can win a democratic election with propaganda but you can never govern a democracy with propaganda.

38 Likes

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Sealeddeal(m): 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
Buhari and his Boko haram boys. when will they stop slaughtering Nigerians? I thought Buhari has displayed their flag in Aso rock so as to appease them.

9 Likes

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by kodded(m): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2017

The incident which happened a week ago
have
caused scarcity and raised the price of the commodity in
Maiduguri, the state capital,
the media has surely lost it voice in this buhari dulllard administration sad

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by leofab(f): 12:05am On Jan 07, 2017
Not agsin
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Standing5(m): 12:17am On Jan 07, 2017
And so let us blame buhari . . .
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 07, 2017
Na flag dem see to capture instead of bokoharams.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by melodies: 6:30am On Jan 07, 2017
maslong:
security agency should be held responsible for deceiving the people that the place is safe.
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by dyabman(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2017
Fake news

1 Like

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 07, 2017
Boko Haram again?
I thought they have been captured along with their flag and used condom?
http://www.areliablesource.xyz/military-recovers-mallam-shekaus-used-condom-in-sambisa-forest/

1 Like

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by doublewisdom: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2017
I thought they said ....................
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by snadguy007(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2017
Nma27:
Grasshopper hunters? Wow, lord have mercy.
Lol.. Ma lady, the thing tire me.... Infact ayam not understanding.
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Femich18(m): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2017
This news happened about 2weeks ago and they are just reporting it as something yesterday . I don't seems to understand our Media any longer

1 Like

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2017
Grasshopper hunters? Wow, lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by hobermener: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2017
Buhari and his boys season 8, episode 5. We are washing
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by herdekunley9ja(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2017
Ahhhhh... Jesu the son of maria
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Lasskeey: 9:44am On Jan 07, 2017
cool
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by Cire80: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2017
And it took more than one week to report this.
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by DonCortino: 9:46am On Jan 07, 2017
And some idiots where parading and celebrating propaganda in abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by ayanfe15(m): 9:46am On Jan 07, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Don't tempt Shekau undecided
he as no power, who s he, fu*k that tempt
Re: 15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno by doctokwus: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2017
slimthugchimee2:
Vanguard has long been confined to the trash bins with d likes of Pointblank and Igbere News.
More like a ragtag News outfit with little if any journalistic ethics or orientation.
I wudnt be surprised to find out maybe just one hunter was killed in any actual clash and that d remaining 14 died over a year's period due to accident, age or other natural causes.Thats how low Vanguard has sunk.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Permanent Forfeiture Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's $37.5m Mansion / Senator Nicholas Tofomowo Sacks 92 Aides A Year After Appointment / Peter Obi Meets With Anambra Traditional Rulers Led By Obi Of Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.