Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil (3932 Views)

Reuben Abati: The Senate, CCT And The Politics Of Saraki’s Trial / Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by jidobaba(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
when( if?) eventually power comes, we'll look back on these times with nostalgia. funny thing
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by tanimz(f): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
jidobaba:

when( if?) eventually power comes, we'll look back on these times with nostalgia. funny thing

True that!!
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Jeovy(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
@topic,

very very funny grin grin grin.

Make I hurry up before dem take the light
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by tanimz(f): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
Jeovy:

@topic,

very very funny grin grin grin.

Make I hurry up before dem take the light

LOL
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by semid4lyfe(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2009
One more advantage of being a Nigerian - We have adapted and can now see in the dark.
Even bat and owl no see for darkness reach us.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by saworoide: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2009
I don't know what the noise about Nigeria and electricity is all about. Is it compulsory to follow the world order? We are about to show the world a new civilisation.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Akanbiedu(m): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2009
kehindebad:

As much as i appreciate mr abati's writeup
he really hasn't said anything we didnt know before,
& for the 100th time, Mr abati, offer solutions!!!

you don't go around knocking Nigeria & Nigerians down without
proferring a solution.

Why Abati hasn't joined politics, I don't understand. Sebi, he has ideas about how Nigeria should be run.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 24, 2009
semid4lyfe:

One more advantage of being a Nigerian - We have adapted and can now see in the dark.
Even bat and owl no see for darkness reach us.
very true grin!
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by deor03(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2009
jidobaba:

Yeah, that true, Just like I look at my mobile phone now and look back in those days when you beg NITEL official to give you "ring tone" . Or use your car to carry NITEL ladder to fix their line OR having to pay for their SWITCH station smiley
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by bodsibobo(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2009
Quote from: RichyBlacK on Yesterday at 02:34:21 PM
Nigeria has the most useless government humanity has ever had!

Seconded, all indices pointing towards the fact that Nigeria is a FAILED state what a shame

Everyday, I get more and more convinced that Nigerian rulers are demonic bastards!!
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by donjon: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
Quote from: kehindebad on Yesterday at 01:32:35 PM

proferring a solution.

u just read my mind.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by BTT(m): 6:04am On Nov 25, 2009
3500 mw in nigeria! Thats news for the HONOURABLE minister. but who wants to tell us au electricity has improved in his/her neighbourhood in the past 2 years. One step forwad, 11 backward. God dey sha.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by BTT(m): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2009
make dem com naija now.

At people daring mr abati to try his hands in government/politics, i daresay that being a good critic does not make you a good leader. everyman should know his area of core competence.

the guy is only reporting. he's a journalist. what else do we expect from him
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by babniyen(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2009
I need the sound of my generator to rock me to sleep
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by sleak(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2009
its only in naija u r worried for u get sustained power for a day or longer n quite rightly rejoice when it s taken. cry cry cry
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by GTay(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2009
babniyen:

I need the sound of my generator to rock me to sleep

grin Hope you've considered the security risks of running your Gen Overnight  sad
If i'd advise, use an inverter at night instead.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by GTay(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
deor03:

Yeah, that true, Just like I look at my mobile phone now and look back in those days when you beg NITEL official to give you "ring tone"  . Or use your car to carry NITEL ladder to fix their line  OR having to pay for their SWITCH station   smiley

Abi oh, I remember back then after some heavy winds/rainfall, our Nitel lines will normally cut and we'd be forced to get a ladder and trace the problem all the way to their local exchange  sad
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by bighead1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2009
so fucking funny i hope it was their very own
NEPA- never expect power always
or
PHCN- please hold candles at night
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by sucre05: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Was in a BA flight to Baltimore in August, from Heathrow.
Cabin lights were switched off prior to take-off, and one little Nigerian girl in the aisle shouted 'NEPA!'
I'm not kidding. This actually happened. Could not stop laughing.

chei, 9ja don finish!
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by GTay(m): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Was in a BA flight to Baltimore in August, from Heathrow.
Cabin lights were switched off prior to take-off, and one little Nigerian girl in the aisle shouted 'NEPA!'
I'm not kidding. This actually happened. Could not stop laughing.

grin grin grin too funny for words
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by GTay(m): 9:27am On Nov 27, 2009
big head:

so fucking funny i hope it was their very own
NEPA- never expect power always
or
PHCN- please hold candles at night

Correction:

PHCN - Problem Has Changed Name sad
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by mondob2k(m): 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2009
I know that by God's grace we will get there.

@ei u got me rolling
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Laajman(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
I've missed Reuben Abati's Friday column in The Guardian!
Whatever happened to good ol' Reuben??

Does he still write, anyone??
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Cowbell521: 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
redsun:
http://www.your.umich.edu/9900/Oct18_99/8.htm

How safe are candles used in nigeria and the way they are used?People blame most sicknesses and deaths on witch crafts and mysteries but things that kill people most are every day mundane stuffs they ignorantly and compulsorily use as result of bad government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/6056323/Romantic-candles-could-cause-cancer-say-scientists.html
Withdraw ur statement at once
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Litmus: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
kehindebad:

proferring a solution.

Indeed.

Nigerians take pleasure in complaining and condemning and so govt leaves them much to complain about. it occupies the masses, makes them feel important since they then subconsciously believe that they are more capable than authorities. However, If the entire time Nigerians spent repeatedly pointing out the obvious was substituted with endless researching solutions to inform the right parties , I'm confident we would be in a better place . We certainly couldn't be worst off today.
Re: Reuben Abati - The Black-out In Brazil by Ovamboland(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=221109&ptitle=What%20Manner%20Of%20Lawmakers?

This was before Abati joined a govt that could not move the needle on power supply, chop his own and cleaned mouth

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Odia Arrested For Zaria Church Bomb Blast / Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun / PDP Want INEC To Disqualify Buhari:-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.