Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike (24154 Views)

Six Telecoms Operators May Lose Licences Over Call Masking, Refilling (names) / Aborted Tariff Hike: Expect Poor Data Services, Telecom Operators Tell Consumers / How To Survive The Impending Doom Of Data Tariff Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Araoluwa005(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Hope the useless Afonjas are happy now angry
receive sense
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by wunmi590(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
No English dictionary has been able to explain the difference btwn the two words "COMPLETE" and "FINISHED". Some people say there is no difference between ​"COMPLETE" and "FINISHED​", but there is. When ​you marry​ the right woman you are ​COMPLETE​ and when you ​marry​ the ​wrong woman,​ you are ​FINISHED!​ When your wife ​catches​ you with ​another woman​ you are ​COMPLETELY FINISHED​ and when your ​wife​ likes ​shopping​ so much you are ​FINISHED COMPLETELY!​

3 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
We are finished in this country

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by mmsen: 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Lionbite:
Oya its time for we youth to protest make government start paying subsidies for our data.

Subsidizing internet use/access would make more sense than doling out free money.

Internet access leads to increased economic activity - free money is money squandered.
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by ajepako(f): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Alayebaje tariff hikers...

Alayebaje government...

Dasall...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Osanoghodua1: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
All will be well with Nigeria, God will intervene this year.
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by dyabman(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Not again ..

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Osanoghodua1: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ucheosefoh:
We are finished in this country

God will intervene this year

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Jabioro: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Let them increased every increaseables....na wetin we buy we go sell.No qualms
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by dyabman(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
ajepako:
Alayebaje tariff hikers...

Alayebaje government...

Dasall...

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Emjay1310(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
I will just start using my Android fone to play candy crush Na. Is it by force to browse? I will go and buy 30 mins at d cafe for #50. I will still be connected though. I hate all these their empty threats they keep putting Nigerians through o.

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Hiploko(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
BUHARI is a burden on us all... I say it again. Hardship distributing creature

4 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Maxcollins042(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
ckmayoca:

Lolz that's not tariff.
Revisit the write up Bro, tariff is included.
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by sekem: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Jokerman:
It can never be well we dis accursed government, I am just wasting my time praying for them....

Tax everywhere... small scale business, savings account, everything sha na so so tax.....

Awon werey

That America wey you dey see wey you dey pray may we be like dem, na tax make dem like dat o! tongue
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Miles300: 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
They say Gej and Pdp cause the nation a lot , yes we agree, since the inception of this administration wat has the govt done to at least stbiliz the economy and try to reduce hardship in the land yet things are goin higher ... This is a failed govt !! GEJ and co didn't cause anythin , Buhari incompetence is wat is costing us as a nation !!! ..take it or u leave it

2 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Xzbit91: 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Make them no try am o
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by mengho(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
I have no idea how to even defend this man woh, He be real fulani man, His taurin Kai is legendary

3 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by iPrevail(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
If I believed in gods, I'd say they are either punishing us or mocking us. undecided

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by sleeknick: 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by bid4rich(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
temitemi1:
where did we get it wrong as a nation cry cry cry

Your question has answered itself. The kind of people we have determine the type of leader we get
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Psyrus(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
Gbenga Adebayor the owner of CNSSL he's a Crook and a rouge let him address the mess he left back at mtn jos call centre
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by idupaul: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
leofab:
What joy does the elite derive in Enslaving and suffering the poor masses... one day bush meat go catch hunter..

Don't blame any elite the problem has always been Buhari since 1984

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by inspbado(m): 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
in saner climes the rich subsidize the poor, but not in Nigeria. Here the poor are always the ones subsidizing the filthy excesses of the rich. The government wants to tax the common man to death so that the elites can maintain their bogus lifestyle. That's why despite this biting recession, were the common man on the streets is groaning under high inflation of prices of staple commodities, the rich men in govt still buy luxury cars (and flaunt them in our faces) eat 1billion naira worth of food a year, their wives carry 8million naira bags and shoes, their children school in the best and most expensive schools abroad etc; yet they tell us to be "patient", "things will get better"; "sacrifice for nigeria". and never for once in their entire lives have these people or their kids sacrifice for nigeria! we the ordinary folks of this country really need to wake up! and stop allowing these bastards deceive us any longer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Samkmery: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
I agonisingly regret ever supporting buhari, it is the worst mistake of my life, I want to use this medium to apologize to everyone who forewarned about how much of a disaster and fiasco he was going to be, but I and my ilks obstinately fell for apc's deceitful antics.

I am abashed of my prior conviction, choi!!!

4 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by menxer: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2017

Telecommunication subscribers in the country may be in for a rough year as the network operators are said to be considering another increase of their tariffs soon in order to sustain services amidst a tough operating environment.

Sources within the industry told LEADERSHIP Weekend that the major reason for the planned hike, according to the telecommunication operators, was the increasing multiple taxation by governments at different levels.

“Contrary to popular belief, telecom operators and service providers are barely sustaining existence in these times. We, therefore, suggest that an increase in value added tax (VAT), which is already included in all services of telecommunication by an increase that is not beyond one per cent, should be a good reform strategy,” he said.

The network operators had faulted the suspension of the data tariff floor by the NCC, insisting that data prices be set at realistic levels to ensure that they are able to provide first-rate quality of service to their subscribers. The suspended data tariff floor would have increased charges for data services used by consumers.

“The decision on the price floor was taken in order to protect the consumers who are at the receiving end and save the smaller operators from predatory services that are likely to suffocate them and push them into extinction. The price floor is not an increase in price but a regulatory safeguard put in place by the telecommunications regulator to check anti-competitive practices by dominant operators,”

“We are aware that the NCC introduced the minimum price for data services to help ensure cost recovery and drive the continued investment in the telecommunications sector necessary for the provision of world-class data services for the overall benefit of the Nigerian subscriber and the Nigerian economy.”

Read only the bolded.

"A" is not equal to "B" is not equal to "C" for "A" to be equal to "C"
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by tiwiex(m): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2017
Splinz:

Seems this government has bound itself by an oath to finish us off in this country!
They seem to be attacking sources of wealth created by the so called failed PDP. If PDP had been like this, I doubt we would have 20m sub scree. Yet, they see an opportunity to leverage on d achievement.

3 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by ikukuhero: 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
Fuckboy4lf:
That moment cry

This is where you really need to give all bleeps you ever had. sad
Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Ghost447(m): 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
usmanktg2:
Please who has half fuk to borrow me

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by 2shur: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
if dem like make dem carry am go up.
i can afford it a million times
in sound sultsns voice.
data hike.
baba ai kuku no worry o

2 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike by Godwin978(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
wetin concern me ? if they like let 1gb sold at 3k. if i have 10mb is okay by me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Paid Apps Free On Playstore [best Method] / Which App Consumes More Data On Your Phone The Most? / What Is The Price Range Of The Phone You Use? [poll]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.