Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (57592 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Segadem(m): 8:18am On Jan 08, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Sibrah: 8:22am On Jan 08, 2017
40kobo77:
Thieves all of them.

Who ever thought of this initiative is a genius. God bless you Buhari. All these criminal men of God, hand will still touch them. And the part of the law i love most, is the part that said the church headship cannot be transferred directly to relatives, if not so Adeboye and that criminal in Warri called Orisetjafor would have transferred the Church to their kids and Wife respectfully.

Thief. Ole. Barawo. the TRUE GOD don catch these THIEVES.

And all the MUMU wey dey donate to these criminals, if una quote me here, na OGUN go send SCUD MISSILE come meet una
You are a coward.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Segadem(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2017
0b10010011:
"I must also state that the confusion being created by some people that Pastor Adeboye is the general overseer of the RCCG Worldwide is unnecessary. There is no such organisation as the Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide. He is the Global Missioner and Spiritual Leader of the Church. There is nothing like RCCG Worldwide.’’

Word!
what do u know about RCCG?
Redeemed church spread across the world and covers over 192 countries

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Austin4lif: 8:22am On Jan 08, 2017
Proudly a catholic. My bishop or priest dnt take orders from the government

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by seguntijan(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2017
Pastor E.A. Adeboye resign bawo? Aya fi ti Baba ko ba n se Nigerian mo nikan loku.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by 0b10010011: 8:25am On Jan 08, 2017
Segadem:
what do u know about RCCG?
Redeemed church spread across the world and covers over 192 countries

No be talk am o, I quoted from the article.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by slap1(m): 8:25am On Jan 08, 2017
engrjacuzzi:
this will make the vacant position for general overseer to be lucrative and political motivated.
I said it and with always say it that The Salvation Army still remains the best as regards administration.

How do they do theirs?
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Elmojiid(m): 8:27am On Jan 08, 2017
please who get charcoal iron....i wan iron my akanra suit am late for asalatu...
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by deflover(m): 8:27am On Jan 08, 2017
Prophecy came that the church will be persecuted this year
Like never before
Guess this is the beginning

Slowly they will cut down all the church leaders

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by TenPassfour(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2017
This is incredible, I wonder why government will interfere in the things of God.
I wish the new GO God wisdom and grace to carry on.
Happy Sunday folkz

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by EmekaBlue(m): 8:29am On Jan 08, 2017
Wetin consign me..

Religion tho...hmm

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 08, 2017
And our president is eighty something years. smh

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by buchilino(m): 8:33am On Jan 08, 2017
Realdeals:
I just hope Christians won't consider this as witch hunt.

AM SO HAPPY, COS SO MANY OF DEM WERE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO VOTE BUHARI. I WARNED SOME OF THEM BUT DEY DIDN'T LISTEN.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by chiefolododo(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2017
Ok
TRIED4NOW:
It's a good thing that Adeboye is going. angry

Adeboye has been fooling us enough.
thank God someone has finally provided proof that Adeboye is a false teacher
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2017
Finally! Finally!!Finally!!! I think am loving buhari's government now. Someone is finally stepping up to their responsibilities.

If the gullible people can't protect themselves, the job of doing so falls on the government like I have always said. And now they are doing their job.

Let the scammers be weeded out. And to be scammers be checked.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by maasoap(m): 8:36am On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:
Why are these men all yoruba?

Does it mean God is with the yorubas more than any other tribe?

What baffles me most is the level of tribalism displayed by this particular even inside church. In redeem for instance, 95% of their main pastors are from this same tribe.

I was at winners chapel some years back and i sat close to a woman from south west mumbling to herself that ''they started this church first before it became popular''. It could be she was not given a post in that church.

Why are the southwesterners tribalistic in place of work? Once they head a particular branch they will pack their brothers, as long as you can speak ''wa, ekaaro, mo fe jeun''. Abandoning others to do the dirty jobs.

And they claimed to pray yet commit all manners of atrocities before God.

For instance, before a yoruba man will marry a woman he would have given her ''belle'' before the wedding. If not no wedding. And the wedding is a church wedding for that matter. Descrating the name of God and also ''defiling the marriage bed according to the Bible:

hmmmm......na wa oooo

mind you am not igbo neither am i from south east or south south.

Be warned.
It looks like you have issues with Yorubas, they didn't make your life miserable, look inwards and stop ranting.

7 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by engrjacuzzi: 8:37am On Jan 08, 2017
The Salvation Army is a Christian Protestant church and international charitable organisation structured in a quasi- military fashion . The organisation reports a worldwide membership of over 1.5 million, consisting of soldiers, officers and adherents known as Salvationists. Its founders Catherine and William Booth sought to bring salvation to the poor, destitute and hungry by meeting both their "physical and spiritual needs". It is present in 127 countries, running charity shops , operating shelters for the homeless and disaster relief and humanitarian aid to developing countries .

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2017
Sibrah:
You are a coward.
He does not sound like a coward, he just sounds like a liberated individual free from the shackles and manacles of (Nigerias version of religion ).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2017
lets stop giving these men the glory they dont deserve, they just prey on people's ignorance fear and stupidity.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by engrjacuzzi: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2017
slap1:

How do they do theirs?

The Salvation Army is a Christian Protestant
church and international charitable
organisation structured in a quasi- military
fashion . The organisation reports a worldwide
membership of over 1.5 million, consisting
of soldiers, officers and adherents known as
Salvationists. Its founders Catherine and
William Booth sought to bring salvation to the
poor, destitute and hungry by meeting both
their "physical and spiritual needs". It is
present in 127 countries, running charity
shops , operating shelters for the homeless
and disaster relief and humanitarian aid to
developing countries . from the brief history of the Army, we have our General who occupies the position of G.O and such a General can't rule once he is above 60 years of age and serves his tenure.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 08, 2017
Journalist should please focus on Mosque, Shrines and other religion sect.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by slap1(m): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2017
engrjacuzzi:

The Salvation Army is a Christian Protestant
church and international charitable
organisation structured in a quasi- military
fashion . The organisation reports a worldwide
membership of over 1.5 million, consisting
of soldiers, officers and adherents known as
Salvationists. Its founders Catherine and
William Booth sought to bring salvation to the
poor, destitute and hungry by meeting both
their "physical and spiritual needs". It is
present in 127 countries, running charity
shops , operating shelters for the homeless
and disaster relief and humanitarian aid to
developing countries . from the brief history of the Army, we have our General who occupies the position of G.O and such a General can't rule once he is above 60 years of age and serves his tenure.

OK. Thanks for enlightening me.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Adebowale89(m): 8:50am On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:

What baffles me most is the level of tribalism displayed by this particular even inside church. In redeem for instance, 95% of their main pastors are from this same tribe.

I was at winners chapel some years back and i sat close to a woman from south west mumbling to herself that ''they started this church first before it became popular''. It could be she was not given a post in that church.

Why are the southwesterners tribalistic in place of work? Once they head a particular branch they will pack their brothers, as long as you can speak ''wa, ekaaro, mo fe jeun''. Abandoning others to do the dirty jobs.

For instance, before a yoruba man will marry a woman he would have given her ''belle'' before the wedding. If not no wedding. And the wedding is a church wedding for that matter. Descrating the name of God and also ''defiling the marriage bed according to the Bible:

hmmmm......na wa oooo

Be warned.

so you're from where? stop contradicting yourself dude

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by almarthins(m): 8:51am On Jan 08, 2017
40kobo77:
Thieves all of them.

Who ever thought of this initiative is a genius. God bless you Buhari. All these criminal men of God, hand will still touch them. And the part of the law i love most, is the part that said the church headship cannot be transferred directly to relatives, if not so Adeboye and that criminal in Warri called Orisetjafor would have transferred the Church to their kids and Wife respectfully.

And all the MUMU wey dey donate to these criminals, if una quote me here, na OGUN go send SCUD MISSILE come meet una.

I can see ur Ogun firing u already! If SCUD missile come join no one will ever know where and who you are. Abeg make I ask na u dem Robb abi people wey Robb dey complain?

For adeboye to resign it means the day he has on earth are numbered. Read ur bible n stop this ur myopic comments. Ur mu-square no near house at all
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Sibrah: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2017
blueseacats:
He does not sound like a coward, he just sounds like a liberated individual free from the shackles and manacles of (Nigerias version of religion ).
Any liberation that forbid people from quoting him on NL is bondage in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Orikinla1: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2017
40kobo77:
Thieves all of them.

And all the MUMU wey dey donate to these criminals, if una quote me here, na OGUN go send SCUD MISSILE come meet una.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by bigtt76(f): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2017
To this pastor

Adegboruwa who is also an RCCG pastor, said, “The plan of succession must not be to the benefit of a family member. By law, churches are called incorporated churches with a board of trustees. It cannot be run by a family. Pastor Adeboye, of his volition, decided to obey the regulation by handing over to a successor. I must also state that the confusion being created by some people that Pastor Adeboye is the general overseer of the RCCG Worldwide is unnecessary. There is no such organisation as the Redeemed Christian Church of God Worldwide. He is the Global Missioner and Spiritual Leader of the Church. There is nothing like RCCG Worldwide.’

Dotng:

http://punchng.com/adeboye-steps-oyedepo-olukoya-kumuyi-others-follow/

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by keypad1: 8:53am On Jan 08, 2017
Adebowale89:

so you're from where? stop contradicting yourself dude
e pain am.....truth hurts.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by idu1(m): 8:55am On Jan 08, 2017
signature2012:
Hope this won't cause uproar in some churches shocked shocked
it ll surely cause an uproar.

Human beings and leadership you know the rest.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Orikinla1: 8:55am On Jan 08, 2017
TRIED4NOW:
It's a good thing that Adeboye is going. angry

Adeboye has been fooling us enough.
thank God someone has finally provided proof that Adeboye is a false teacher
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by mumels(m): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:

hmmmm......na wa oooo

Be warned.

You are either ignorant or just plain confuse.
1. Am a yoruba guy and have never thought of giving whoever am dating Belle like you said before getting her married.

2. I thank God am not poor, but I won't say am rich either, Atleast am fortunate to have a father who has lots and lots of staffs, have never thought of fighting for his place after his retirement or whatsoever, I the baton falls on my hand, all well and good. Just incase you know every human has the selfish attitude to want what does not belongs to him or her.

3. If you talk about tribalism, its not just in the church, Nigerians are tribalistic. That's why we have so many problems in this country.

I could go on and on. So when judging a situation don't make a collective conclusion.

As much as I dislike Muslims not cos they are Muslims but cos of some of the their actions, I can still say the best relationship I have ever had with a lady was with a Muslim girl and I never regretted dating her, cos she was way more amazing than even some Christian girls I ever dated.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / My Experience At Church Service In Germany / How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.