Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (57570 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by mack111(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:

While local Pastors receive salaries, men like Oyakhilome and Oyedepo I know have since stopped receiving salaries from the church. No payment from Rhapsody or any book sold.

I find it disturbing how you addressed other pastors as local. Except it's just an expression. Which ever way, a pastor is a pastor. You make it seem like they are irrelevant.

They stopped receiving salaries a long time ago you stated. This means at some point, they were under the church's payroll. Perhaps they used the salary to set up businesses for themselves, I don't care to know. Which ever way also, it's still the church's money. Paid or donated by the members.

And how the hell did you know they stopped receiving salary from the church?
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by donnie(m): 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
mack111:

I find it disturbing how you addressed other pastors as local. Except it's just an expression. Which ever way, a pastor is a pastor. You make it seem like they are irrelevant.

They stopped receiving salaries a long time ago you stated. This means at some point, they were under the church's payroll. Perhaps they used the salary to set up businesses for themselves, I don't care to know. Which ever way also, it's still the church's money. Paid or donated by the members.

And how the hell did you know they stopped receiving salary from the church?

Read your bible, you will understand how the Lord takes care of His servants.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by EVarn(m): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:

You are only re-echoing the lies and misinformation from tabloids. Is it compulsory to be a pastor? Any local pastor or member that is not satisfied can leave.
Church leaders like Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome or Oyedepo are themselves, men of faith who live sacrificially so dont be deceived.
They are big-time givers and that's what they live by- their giving.
While local Pastors receive salaries, men like Oyakhilome and Oyedepo I know have since stopped receiving salaries from the church. No payment from Rhapsody or any book sold.
I know this will confuse you. Yes, it is supposed to, because the Chrisrian life of faith is spiritual and you are carnal.
It is of little consequence what you think of me,I dont care about what name the pastor bears,the point I'm trying to make remains quite valid,our churches need to be more responsible,I appreciate that the doctrine by which many churches operate helps us live a little more righteously,but that is simply not enough.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by donnie(m): 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
EVarn:
It is of little consequence what you think of me,I dont care about what name the pastor bears,the point I'm trying to make remains quite valid,our churches need to be more responsible,I appreciate that the doctrine by which many churches operate helps us live a little more righteously,but that is simply not enough.

I understand your point and fact that you mean well (i'm assuming that you are Christian). However, in these last days, the church needs to be wise even as they watch and pray because Satan is not sleeping. He will do anything to stop the spread of the gospel.

Many christians have in their attempt to be fair or politically correct, taken or supported actions against God.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Johnnyessence(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
brojoshua:
That man has lost his kingdom of heaven that he built on the earth and he will also loose the Kingdom of God and he will have his portion in hell on the day of the judgment, as the Lord showed.
so it is now you that's dashing justice out baaaa. Keep fooling yourself here. It is only God d creator of universe that will judge according to their deeds. Including you that's typing here.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Johnnyessence(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Timijo:
Some myopic Christians are still arguing about the law, while some are jubilant.
Our problem is that there is no agreement among us, and that is why this present government is taking advantage to persecute the church.
Some Christians will still be arguing and be in support of this anti Christ government until Nigeria is islamised.
get this straight baaaa. Nigeria can never be islamised. Christians are taken over most of things in Nigeria. Go to kebbi state,taraba state, plateau state and d likes. Christians are taken over all over the place. You will only type without getting any fact to buttress your point here ok.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by mack111(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:

Read your bible, you will understand how the Lord takes care of His servants.

And you can't tell me?

Maybe you can answer this... Which of the pastors you mentioned earlier was as rich as they are now before they established their Churches business centres.

Irrespective of their independency from the church's financial coffers (which I do not believe), it's not enough to label them as an icon. When the actual thievery has been masterminded long before now.

What of the Offerings paid in foreign currencies from their branches worldwide? You also mean these guys don't touch it. You must be joking Mr.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Lex1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
engrjacuzzi:
this will make the vacant position for general overseer to be lucrative and political motivated.
I said it and with always say it that The Salvation Army still remains the best as regards administration.

Weldone, your officer is watching you.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by mack111(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
Johnnyessence:
get this straight baaaa. Nigeria can never be islamised. Christians are taken over most of things in Nigeria. Go to kebbi state,taraba state, plateau state and d likes. Christians are taken over all over the place. You will only type without getting any fact to buttress your point here ok.

How did you get the stats oga? Did you or anyone run a census to this effect or develop a data base of Christians and Muslims in each of these states you mentioned. Oga go and sit down.

You and I will be so amazed or puzzled at the outcome, should anyone carry out a census (Christain vs Muslims) in any of these Christian dominated states we all believe/think they are.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Interesting15: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
LordofNairaland:

1. I don't see how I have a fault there. I quoted her based on her implying that 70 meant "too old".

2. I love Buhari but I am not a diehard fan. I am willing to change if I see that his intentions are not sincere.

3. I am an Osun worshipper and a core traditionalist. Ogun is my patron saint, Osun and Olokun are my mothers and I love all the gods. You cannot expect me to like people who have embraced the religion and gods of other lands. I don't like Christians because they are foolish. They think a Jew is their saviour just because a white man told their ancestors that nonsense. However, not all Christians are foolish. I have come to notice that their pastors are wiser and traditional.
To start with.

1. What do you think about Ogun (and our fore father's other gods demanding for human sacrifices?)

2. One of our father's customs was that, when a woman give birth to twins, one of them should be thrown into a forest. But it was stopped by a missionary.

Do you think we should continue that practice? If your wife give birth to twins, can you kill one of them to for our father's gods?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by donnie(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
mack111:

And you can't tell me?

Maybe you can answer this... Which of the pastors you mentioned earlier was as rich as they are now before they established their Churches business centres.

Can you compare the wealth of Abraham before his call to his wealth after he obeyed God's call?

mack111:

Irrespective of their independency from the church's financial coffers (which I do not believe), it's not enough to label them as an icon. When the actual thievery has been masterminded long before now.

That's only in your depraved mind.

mack111:

What of the Offerings paid in foreign currencies from their branches worldwide? You also mean these guys don't touch it. You must be joking Mr.

They don't. Money is put into the spread of the gospel.
There are even stricter regulations in some of these countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by oruma19: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:
Interesting
this is the most useful and important law that has has come out of Nigeria. I love it and Thanx to papa Adeboye for obeying the law of the land especially where he gave orders for his members to join political parties of their choice. This is the only way Christians can make a change in this system of things.pastor kumuyi and David oyedepo, we are watching u.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Johnnyessence(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
mytym:

It may not necessarily fold up like that but I foresee several breakaways soon...just Let the man die and you will see so many denominations spring up from rccg.
I'm not praying it folds up but trust me...it will,
It happened to all ancient churches coz God is not interested in our 'unity' I mean One denomination becoming a grand brand...God is interested in our 'Scatteredness'...that's the endgame of evangelism.

Catholic→ Anglican→Methodist, Baptist...Ecwa, TAC, CAC,African, Salvation Army all experienced or will experience breakaways at different points in time.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Johnnyessence(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
mytym:

It may not necessarily fold up like that but I foresee several breakaways soon...just Let the man die and you will see so many denominations spring up from rccg.
I'm not praying it folds up but trust me...it will,
It happened to all ancient churches coz God is not interested in our 'unity' I mean One denomination becoming a grand brand...God is interested in our 'Scatteredness'...that's the endgame of evangelism.

Catholic→ Anglican→Methodist, Baptist...Ecwa, TAC, CAC,African, Salvation Army all experienced or will experience breakaways at different points in time.
so if rccg don't breakway u will be d one that will be break them baaa. You can be fooling yourself and not the people ok. In as much there's love among themselves there will no be break up ok.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Timijo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
Johnnyessence:
Sit down there make skirt dey wear you.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
cheesy grin grin grin
This person sef!!!
You dey vex ooo
Timijo:
Sit down there make skirt dey wear you.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by buchilino(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Johnnyessence:
you have started again in the new year. Stop all this behavior. It doesn't help you. From tribal to religious war. Well let me tell you here it is both d muslims the christians d traditionals and other relious people vote for pmb and Gej.

FINE I WILL SHUTUP 4 NOW. BUT I HOPE AM WRONG ABOUT BUBARI.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
SORRY UNTO U
40kobo77:
Thieves all of them.

Who ever thought of this initiative is a genius. God bless you Buhari. All these criminal men of God, hand will still touch them. And the part of the law i love most, is the part that said the church headship cannot be transferred directly to relatives, if not so Adeboye and that criminal in Warri called Orisetjafor would have transferred the Church to their kids and Wife respectfully.

Thief. Ole. Barawo. the TRUE GOD don catch these THIEVES.

And all the MUMU wey dey donate to these criminals, if una quote me here, na OGUN go send SCUD MISSILE come meet una.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by JideAmuGiaka: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
oruma19:
this is the most useful and important law that has has come out of Nigeria. I love it and Thanx to papa Adeboye for obeying the law of the land especially where he gave orders for his members to join political parties of their choice. This is the only way Christians can make a change in this system of things.pastor kumuyi and David oyedepo, we are watching u.

This law should be extended to the politicians as well, any one that has been in politics for 20yrs should resign from politics or what do you think?.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
I'm not happy with this sort of thing. Private organizations should be free to structure themselves in the most efficient way. On the short term it may seem to be beneficial, because some fraudulent church leaders might be exposed, but it's a slippery slope that leads to a bad place imho.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by LordOfNaira: 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Interesting15:

To start with.

1. What do you think about Ogun (and our fore father's other gods demanding for human sacrifices?)

2. One of our father's customs was that, when a woman give birth to twins, one of them should be thrown into a forest. But it was stopped by a missionary.

Do you think we should continue that practice? If your wife give birth to twins, can you kill one of them to for our father's gods?

There is no Yoruba god that ever demanded human sacrifices. Ogun, my patron saint, only demands dog head. Most sacrifices consist eggs and palm oil. No god that I know of demands human sacrifices.

In Yorubaland, twins are not an abomination. In fact, they are orisa (gods)
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by middlebelter(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:
Why are these men all yoruba?

Does it mean God is with the yorubas more than any other tribe?

What baffles me most is the level of tribalism displayed by this particular even inside church. In redeem for instance, 95% of their main pastors are from this same tribe.

I was at winners chapel some years back and i sat close to a woman from south west mumbling to herself that ''they started this church first before it became popular''. It could be she was not given a post in that church.

Why are the southwesterners tribalistic in place of work? Once they head a particular branch they will pack their brothers, as long as you can speak ''wa, ekaaro, mo fe jeun''. Abandoning others to do the dirty jobs.

And they claimed to pray yet commit all manners of atrocities before God.

For instance, before a yoruba man will marry a woman he would have given her ''belle'' before the wedding. If not no wedding. And the wedding is a church wedding for that matter. Descrating the name of God and also ''defiling the marriage bed according to the Bible:

hmmmm......na wa oooo

mind you am not igbo neither am i from south east or south south.

Be warned.

I don't know your tribe but clearly you are not Yoruba. You accused Yoruba of tribalism but you are clearly more tribalistic in your comment than an average Yoruba man. Secondly you said Yoruba impregnates about to be wife before wedding, now, is there any tribe that does not have one or two couple that have indulge in such acts, are other tribes not guilty of imperfections in one way or the other? The code of conduct guiding marriage to which intending couple subscribes have a way of imposing sanctions to violators. This is not universal.
You perhaps need to tell us your tribe so that people can tell you their perspective about yours.
Issues should be addressed on each thread, but when people decides to divert threads and the moderators decided to look the other way, it appears to me that the forum is not been properly regulated. This forum should impose stiff sanction on diversion of thread to tribalism. Indeed, if we must have a forum that will contribute meaningfully towards the development of this country a forum that should be taken seriously by the political or ruling class, the moderators must develop effective way of eliminating comments that encourages tribalism

I challenge Seun on this matter once again. I don't want to believe that this forum is meant for secondary schools students only. I mean people who will always come to divert threads towards issues that divides us.

I WISH To Cc : Seun and Lalasticala

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by hero2000: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
"There is nothing like RCCG Worldwide.’’
What a shallow view! It has been said that the man who is good with the hammer see everything as a nail. The man being a lawyer assumes (wrongly) that legal existence is the only existence there is. It is like saying there is nothing like Boko Haram because it is not registered with the government!

There is clearly something called RCCG worldwide. By the way I am not a Redeemed member.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Johnnyessence(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
mack111:

How did you get the stats oga? Did you or anyone run a census to this effect or develop a data base of Christians and Muslims in each of these states you mentioned. Oga go and sit down.

You and I will be so amazed or puzzled at the outcome, should anyone carry out a census (Christain vs Muslims) in any of these Christian dominated states we all believe/think they are.
it is when you reach this state then you will know what am saying. Christians are taken over no doubt. The gate of hell shall not prevail.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by keypad1: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
middlebelter:

I don't know your tribe but clearly you are not Yoruba. You accused Yoruba of tribalism but you are clearly more tribalistic in your comment than an average Yoruba man. Secondly you said Yoruba impregnates about to be wife before wedding, now, is there any tribe that does not have one or two couple that have indulge in such acts, are other tribes not guilty of imperfections in one way or the other? The code of conduct guiding marriage to which intending couple subscribes have a way of imposing sanctions to violators. This is not universal.
You perhaps need to tell us your tribe so that people can tell you their perspective about yours.
Issues should be addressed on each thread, but when people decides to divert threads and the moderators decided to look the other way, it appears to me that the forum is not been properly regulated. This forum should impose stiff sanction on diversion of thread to tribalism. Indeed, if we must have a forum that will contribute meaningfully towards the development of this country a forum that should be taken seriously by the political or ruling class, the moderators must develop effective way of eliminating comments that encourages tribalism

I challenge Seun on this matter once again. I don't want to believe that this forum is meant for secondary schools students only. I mean people who will always come to divert threads towards issues that divides us.

I WISH To Cc : Seun and Lalasticala

balderdash!
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by chibuzorAbia: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
jiorhemen:

No, the law was suspended in relation to the public sector only, and not for organisations like churches and mosques.Churches even quietly challenged the regulation at a high court, but they lost the case hence the compliance.

You see! Thieves dem!
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by chibuzorAbia: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
hero2000:
What a shallow view! It has been said that the man who is good with the hammer see everything as a nail. The man being a lawyer assumes (wrongly) that legal existence is the only existence there is. It is like saying there is nothing like Boko Haram because it is not registered with the government!

There is clearly something called RCCG worldwide. By the way I am not a Redeemed member.

Me smart ass, there is nothing like RCCG Worldwide. There are RCCGs in many jurisdictions (domiciled in their administration countries) each operating independently and not reporting to a single line of authority. There is RCCG UK, Ghana etc The relationship is not a group company structure with parent, subsidiary and one hierarchy of ownership and control. Correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by chibuzorAbia: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
LordofNairaland:

1. I don't see how I have a fault there. I quoted her based on her implying that 70 meant "too old".

2. I love Buhari but I am not a diehard fan. I am willing to change if I see that his intentions are not sincere.

3. I am an Osun worshipper and a core traditionalist. Ogun is my patron saint, Osun and Olokun are my mothers and I love all the gods. You cannot expect me to like people who have embraced the religion and gods of other lands. I don't like Christians because they are foolish. They think a Jew is their saviour just because a white man told their ancestors that nonsense. However, not all Christians are foolish. I have come to notice that their pastors are wiser and traditional.

Guy, I want to worship my ancestors like you. Can we please share information. These useless foreign religions are not helping and clearly we are not better off. Our condition is getting worse as the years go by.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by mytym(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
Johnnyessence:
so if rccg don't breakway u will be d one that will be break them baaa. You can be fooling yourself and not the people ok. In as much there's love among themselves there will no be break up ok.

Lol, youre in dire need of attention. Isn't it? Fine I'll spare some.

Firstly, breakaway doesn't mean there's no love. Okay?

Secondly, the bolded is a goof, it's not your usual political thread so you couldnt see It's not a prescription.

And It's not all thread you jump at especially if it's above your faculty, your faith or the lack of it.

You this Son of Belial, article of no-commercial value.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by histemple: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
Seun:
I'm not happy with this sort of thing. Private organizations should be free to structure themselves in the most efficient way. On the short term it may seem to be beneficial, because some fraudulent church leaders might be exposed, but it's a slippery slope that leads to a bad place imho.

Seun, When you realize the fact that the population of these churches represent a significant percentage of citizens, you would understand why the government must try to sanitize it.

Almost 87 percent of crises in Nigeria are caused by religious people and their doctrines. Their heads are also committing unbelievable atrocities in secret until they are caught.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/06/pastor-arrested-car-theft-anambra/

It is easy that assume that these churches belong to everybody but the truth is, most of them are run as private family businesses, when the head is incapacitated or dead, the child takes over.

In fact, the conduct of some of these religious leaders doesn't conform to what they preach.

Do you know that they silently opposed this law in the high court but lost out? and they won't tell their congregants that part.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by forap(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2017
When government start to control and make decree on the 'church'... it was the other way round in the bible.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by mytym(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
hero2000:

For such a case as this Legal existence is the Only existence.

An unregistered entity is NOT legal, and hence will normally face government annihilation if it's big enough and still unregistered.

The fact that bokoharam is cited makes it clearer. BH existence is engaging in anti-state objectives. Do you honestly think BH will be a business entity, registered and publicly lay claim to terrorism? Yes, it's illegal and existing but (existing as an unwanted existence).

Another example is the Controversial beliefs like Sat-Guru Marahji...
It is a registered religious non-profit organization.
Legally, it is an entity and it is existing.
Whether it has members or not, so long the deed that established it doesn't include anti-state activities.

The man is very right, there's no such thing as rccg worldwide (at least in the books as an entity).

But you're equally right too...because the global rccg structure i.e 190 countries still see Pastor adeboye as the overall head and that is pure religion sentiments not law even though it exists.

A 3rd example is State of Biafra, it is assumedly to be agitations of some section of Nigeria to stand alone as a separate entity. Hitherto it's still illegal as far as law is concerned. Even though it's existing, it's existence is not legally recognizable. So it's non existent. Biafra may have its separate flag,anthem,coat of arms, Constitution what-have-you. But No nation or region or continent is treating Biafra has a nation yet...coz it's technically not existing even though it is existing.

NB I am neither a lawyer nor a member of rccg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Jehovah Witness Lady Dies After Refusing Transfusion During Childbirth (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.