Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) (55431 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / Man Dies In Car Accident 6 Days To His Wedding (Photos) / Soldier Dies In Road Accident 22 Days To His Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by dacovajnr: 10:05am On Jan 08, 2017
One of Major reasons why I told my Girl I won't follow Her to any Village for any Traditional Wedding..if it can't be held right here in Lag forward your village people account number and I would wire some money to them to do whatever is needed to be done if not follow your people angry angry Those village people ain't got no chill cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by timecapsule: 10:06am On Jan 08, 2017
RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by YaksonFCA(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2017
Sad. RIP man.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by bullabong(m): 10:11am On Jan 08, 2017
buygala:
Sooo sad cry

But seriously, it's high time the Lexus brand of SUVs be properly investigated in Nigeria, particularly the RX 300 2001 model, the exact vehicle in which this man died

On New Year's day, this same vehicle also killed a young Nigerian who returned from South Africa for the New year celebrations sad

In the meantime, users of the Lexus RX300 should be extra careful please

Just saying tho smiley ...I am no car expert...but the coincidence is kinda worrisome smiley
I travelled with my brothers RX 300 from lagos to Enugu and hated that SUV cos it has poor stability control.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by psalmsjob: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2017
God minds his business He doesn't force Himself into people's affairs if not invited. Furthermore, He has given us a life manual to guide us in every single decision we want to take.

Not to say this kind of accident can not happen in Lagos or at their original location but the chances are more on a busy highway in a festive period.

That man in red cap in one of those pictures sha looks suspicious to megrin grin

RIP to the dead! Quick recovery to the injured! Safety first to the living!
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by egbabiekperemo1: 10:16am On Jan 08, 2017
dacovajnr:
One of Major reasons why I told my Girl I won't follow Her to any Village for any Traditional Wedding..if it can't be held right here in Lag forward your village people account number and I would wire some money to them to do whatever is needed to be done if not follow your people angry angry Those village people ain't got no chill cry cry

Your girl village people, are they evil people full there?
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 08, 2017
I tried not to give a fùck, but I had to...So I lay down and cried
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by dacovajnr: 10:18am On Jan 08, 2017
egbabiekperemo1:

Your girl village people, are they evil people full there?
Which village evil ppl no dey Alagba? undecided
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by lozanni(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2017
johnreh:
road crashes are 70% of the time caused my human factor, while human and mechanical factors account for over 90% of crashes on Nigerian roads. we will keep writting/saying RIP if these things aren't looked into: Most drivers have made Lagos-Ibadan grand prix tracks.

Infact, the speed they use on that Lagos-Ibadan Expressway can be so scary at times!!!
The first time I drove on that Road, fast cars were over-taking me, both on my left and right, that I could not help but wonder if my car was too slow or something ( I was doing about 100 km per hour !!!).
We need to watch our speed on the expressway, as the road is not a race-track.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by brownhawk: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2017
sixtuschimere:
As shared by Chukwudi......

'She had her traditional and white wedding on Monday 2nd of January.

The new couple were excited for the future and can't wait to start life together.

On 5th of January on their way back to Lagos , 3 days after their marriage rites, the couple were involved in an accident with their car and the groom died at the spot.

The bride Onyeagba Cynthia Chy made it alive but she is currently hospitalized and in deep agony.

There are things I don't understand about life and why God allows something like this to happen but I have learned in my walk with him that the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of men.

My sister Cynthia, this is a sad phase in your life, be sure of this, God got your back Inugo

Cry no more! Your happiness shall be permanent.

May the soul of the deceased RIP, Amen'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/man-dies-in-fatal-accident-3-days-after.html?m=1
im no big fan of igbos but this is just too sad. I suspect his village witches who came to his wedding
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Fourwinds: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2017
Nma27:
Spiritual wife at work!!
seriously.?? RIP to d dead
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by bettercreature(m): 10:21am On Jan 08, 2017
0b10010011:
Like my religious people would say "It's the Lords doing"

R.I.P
It's one of the reasons i don't attend churches,these things wouldnt be happening if God is real (pardon me pls)
My sister died few years ago,she was the most religious among us,she used to fast almost every week,attend night vigils,do lot of things for God
It's going to be very difficult to convince me that God is real
The only misery to me is why my dream use to come to reality and what is behind DREAMs and so on
Just waiting for scientist to sort out that pussle

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by midehi2(f): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2017
buygala:

And what makes you think they were not the owners of the vehicles?

Assuming they were not sef, like I showed in my last comment, the situations they were in raises the major presumption that they DID take care of the vehicle irrespective of whether it's theirs or not smiley

Please Sir, if you were traveling with your bae to the village for wedding rites, would you or would you not ensure the vehicle you would be travelling with be in optimum condition, irrespective if whether it's urs or not?

Or if you were an international guyman freshly arrived for the new year celebrations, would you or would you not ensure your flex is not interrupted by tuning up d vehicle u gonna use?

Pleasssseee sad
you are on point
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Bakersfield: 10:24am On Jan 08, 2017
idupaul:

Nothing to investigate there, Driver intelligence is needed when driving a vehicle type .the lexus RX is a cross over and due to its height ,size and shape it's weight distribution it's stability at high speeds is greatly compromised , the car make usually compensates for that with automatic stability ,traction control and power distribution to the wheels which is determined by a small on board computer ..Now the problem is most of the RX we have in Nigeria came in used and are so old that the automatic stability function no longer works and still these drivers push these cars as fast as a good sedan only to lose control when any issue that challenges the poor Lance of the car shows up.

Intelligent submission. You simply hit the nail on the right spot. I'm a trained professional driver with over 28,000hrs of driving on West African countries highways. My rule on the job is SAFETY FIRST. Nobody is a perfect driver, but if you follow the SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND RULES, getting to your destination is guaranteed. No shortcut. RIP to the victims.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by creamylicious(f): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You want to blame the brand of the car for the accident?

If we're to go by your theory, Toyota Hiace bus used by transporters should be looked into too undecided
yea ooooo..... i read a write up about this Toyota thingy n how these vehicles were recalled in other countries but Nigeria hasn't
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by lozanni(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2017
Its only recently that I understood why my relatives and friends were repeatedly warning me against driving myself home for my traditional wedding.
Even the date of my departure from Lagos for the wedding and date of departure from the villa was kept by close relatives with so much secrecy, you would have thought there were very dark minded people who were out to cause some mischief or harm to someone.
However, the world is full of mysteries and we must be very careful as we navigate through the journey of life.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by tunesoft(m): 10:33am On Jan 08, 2017
This our wedding pattern sef....is it compulsory to go do wedding in the village? Why can't they just do thing in court...find one church wey dey beside house do am.....then continue with life the next day.....hen, no time for this life ooo.....to come and be travelling miles because I wan do wedding. ....in fact? Is it compulsory to marry sef?

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by FocusedDiva(f): 10:33am On Jan 08, 2017
Oh my God! So sad! May God Comfort the Bride.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Mariokenny(m): 10:40am On Jan 08, 2017
The absurdity of life.

Rest in peace to the dead
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by lozanni(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2017
idupaul:

Nothing to investigate there, Driver intelligence is needed when driving a vehicle type .the lexus RX is a cross over and due to its height ,size and shape it's weight distribution it's stability at high speeds is greatly compromised , the car make usually compensates for that with automatic stability ,traction control and power distribution to the wheels which is determined by a small on board computer ..Now the problem is most of the RX we have in Nigeria came in used and are so old that the automatic stability function no longer works and still these drivers push these cars as fast as a good sedan only to lose control when any issue that challenges the poor Lance of the car shows up.

A very brilliant analysis my brother !!!

The reasons you stated for the failure of the automatic stability function in the RX 300 is why I always feel disappointed when I come across a tokunbo car without an accompanying user manual.
Sometimes having a car manual (even generator manual, because it tells you which part of the generator to hold when attempting to put it on, in order to avoid electrocution) and reading it properly can mean the difference between life and death.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Jamean(f): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2017
Maybe it's just me or my family style. I really don't understand why people travel to their village outside where their parents or people to give them out in marriage to do wedding.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by pwettiejay(f): 11:01am On Jan 08, 2017
Oh no! God please we ask for your guardiance and protection always cry
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 08, 2017
So sad
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by sekem: 11:12am On Jan 08, 2017
Nma27:
Spiritual wife at work!!

No.

Actually, it's spiritual husband at work.

Read Elechi Amadi's The Concubine to understand it fully.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by megama: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2017
sixtuschimere:
Read more. http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/man-dies-in-fatal-accident-3-days-after.html?m=1
which high way, hope not lagos ibadan express way again. May the Almighty God save his children this Jan 2017 Amen
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by kingreign(m): 11:40am On Jan 08, 2017
bullabong:
I travelled with my brothers RX 300 from lagos to Enugu and hated that SUV cos it has poor stability control.

You may have to copy the VIN of your brother's RX300 for us to determine if its been involved in a collision and was fixed, also, bring the CUV for us to inspect the suspension components for integrity.

May I tell you I've pushed that CUV round bends at speed in excess of 120km/h and was hearing the inner wheels making gripping noise and the traction control lights flashing while correcting any instability.

That wagon is a sweet wagon. I adore it.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by lekpaciouse(f): 11:53am On Jan 08, 2017
hmmmmmmmmmm,na wa oooo,rest in peace and may almighty God give your wife the heart to bear the lost
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by opribo(m): 11:53am On Jan 08, 2017
Well, RIP first of all to the dead, it is a painful loss indeed. Now, I can not blame the couple for driving back after the stress of marriage activities but those who allowed them to drive back after all the running around, sleep could happen while on the wheels. Again, looking at the names i can tell they were coming from the village in the east, and when i remember all that the Nollywood videos have been preaching i want to agree that those videos are somewhat a reflection of the society. So I am safe to conclude that this must be home people at work.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Nutase: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
buygala:
Sooo sad cry

But seriously, it's high time the Lexus brand of SUVs be properly investigated in Nigeria, particularly the RX 300 2001 model, the exact vehicle in which this man died

On New Year's day, this same vehicle also killed a young Nigerian who returned from South Africa for the New year celebrations sad

Just saying tho smiley ...I am no car expert...but the coincidence is kinda worrisome smiley
very true I know some other people that died in this car.
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by lumeneng22: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
buygala:
Sooo sad cry

. Don't blame the car, blame the driver. And secondly why going to the east to wed when there are many churches in lag0s?
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by bullabong(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
kingreign:

You may have to copy the VIN of your brother's RX300 for us to determine if its been involved in a collision and was fixed, also, bring the CUV for us to inspect the suspension components for integrity.

May I tell you I've pushed that CUV round bends at speed in excess of 120km/h and was hearing the inner wheels making gripping noise and the traction control lights flashing while correcting any instability.

That wagon is a sweet wagon. I adore it.
one mans meat...
Re: Man Dies In Accident 3 Days After His Wedding On Their Way Back To Lagos (Pics) by Inova(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
buygala:

And what makes you think they were not the owners of the vehicles?

Assuming they were not sef, like I showed in my last comment, the situations they were in raises the major presumption that they DID take care of the vehicle irrespective of whether it's theirs or not smiley

Please Sir, if you were traveling with your bae to the village for wedding rites, would you or would you not ensure the vehicle you would be travelling with be in optimum condition, irrespective if whether it's urs or not?

Or if you were an international guyman freshly arrived for the new year celebrations, would you or would you not ensure your flex is not interrupted by tuning up d vehicle u gonna use?

Pleasssseee sad
So because you tuned your car gives you every reason to over speed abi.
Please speak like an adult. "Flex?" Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / Rat Spotted At Abuja Airport Passengers' Lounge (Photo, Video) / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.