Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,275 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) (80351 Views)

Gunmen Hijack Two Buses On Kogi Road, Kidnap Scores Of Passengers / See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) / Two Tankers Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Cars, Buses On Fire (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNIG: 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
Someone once said that with the hustle and bustle in Lagos, you don't need to visit a gym, because life in Lagos is a physical exercise.

In order to earn a living, millions of Lagosians depart their homes before the break of dawn and return late at night.

This unhealthy routine makes it hard for millions of Lagosians to meet up with the recommended sleep duration.

See the National Sleep Foundation’s Recommended Sleep Duration HERE

Indeed, this sleepless lifestyle can have an adverse effect on one's health. Perhaps, this is the reason why life expectancy keeps dropping in this part of the world.

According to recent WHO data, the life expectancy in Nigeria is, unfortunately, the lowest in all of West Africa. According to the data, the average life expectancy is around 54.5 years of age, with men living an average of 53.7 years and women living an average of 55.4 years.

The easiest way to notice the sleeplessness of Lagosians is during their commute in commercial vehicles in the mornings.

Majority of them would be founding sleeping.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-lagosians-sleep-in-buses-on-their-way-to-work-in-the-morning-photos/

3 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNIG: 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
See the recommended sleep duration for different age bracket by the National Sleep Foundation HERE

Follow Autojosh on Instagram @autojoshng

2 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by allsaint2000: 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
Interesting.

I hope this does not include the drivers?

Meanwhile, The Car You Are Looking For Might Be In This Car Collection. Check the link below;

https://www.nairaland.com/5121586/car-looking-might-car-collection

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Tallesty1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
You can't blame them my brother. They usually get home late and leave early the next morning. Sometimes I feel like Nigeria is the purgatory for sinners from another planet.

323 Likes 17 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
See the recommended sleep duration for different age bracket by the National Sleep Foundation HERE

So you enter bus, go snap people wey dey Slee abi. make dem catch u lool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
In Fela voice ---- Suffering and Smiling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Authoreety: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
Seriously?
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Harrymig1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
This is Lagos, the hustle is real

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by tillaman(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
The hustle is real!!! I swear the Grave is the only resting place for mankind!

29 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by looseweight: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2019
Nah wah oh
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
It's 8 hours averagely for adults.
See the National Sleep Foundation’s Recommended Sleep Duration HERE
We don't need to click and be transferred to your site. cheesy grin

26 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Emu4life(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
NIGERIANS ain't LAZY.

3 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by handsome86(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
No food for a lazy idiot

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by jermondominic: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
jesus
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Deborachi(f): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lagos life angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by hamad123: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
the hustle is real
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by abbaapple: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
angry

Answering the call of Nature is must! lipsrsealed work is a mordan day slavery! Nothing good like working up by 9am or 11am in the morning and go to work! Only entrepreneurs will know what I am saying undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Lexusgs430: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
Nah so then dey take enta one chance....... Even dos wey dey stand, don sleep go....

Una sure than neva blow dem powder........ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Olalan(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
While in school I use to boast of not sleeping in a bus, but when I got a job in lagos more than once I have missed my bus stop while sleeping.
BTW Lagos stress isn't healthy for anyone

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by incogni2o: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
If you are guilty of this, Raise your Hand
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by Emu4life(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by hisexcellency34: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lagos...get rich or die trying

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by tradepunter: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
Tallesty1:
You can't blame them my brother. They usually get home late and leave early the next morning. Sometimes I feel like Nigeria is the purgatory for sinners from another planet.

Wow you just gave a description that fits Nigeria. I have been trying to look for a definition of this country... Nice one grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by dfrost: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Nah so then dey take enta one chance....... Even dos wey dey stand, don sleep go....

Una sure than neva blow dem powder........ cheesy

Haba Lexus... You and black man mentality cheesy grin. Which powder again?

4 Likes

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by yyha3314(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
National sleep foundation

I have never heard of that before
Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by xoxocandy(f): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
incogni2o:
If you are guilty of this, Raise your Hand
I am lol

1 Like

Re: See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) by brightalo17: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
That is how it is in most capital cities here in Africa. our own is worst because heat and mosquitoes didn't allow most of them to sleep at nights since there is no light. I still don't know why Nigeria can't have 24hr light from least in major cities.

Looter PDP And lazy APC parties are all failures.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria / 2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.