Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Mtel Wap - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtel Wap (8662 Views)

Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtel Wap by hayprof(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2007
hey drogba, hw did u get dem sims? u beta snd me 1.
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 2:43am On Jan 27, 2007
I bought them when they were still much available in the market as i heard there was free gprs. I've never been able to browse on any of them cos i dont know the procedure for activating the lines for gprs. Someone should tell me the way forward, i need to activate these lines.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 1:25pm On Jan 30, 2007
Mtel gprs is not available everywhere. Infact, the "G" icon disappeared as soon as i left Kano
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2007
@cushman, how did you get yours to work? let me in on this one abeg.
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2007
@cushman, i am in kano and can neither see the gprs logo nor browse using that setting on my moto L7, pls can u help
thanks
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2007
These boys browsing with Mtel are not telling us the koko

How did you guys activate your line?
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2007
drogba, read my earlier posts and configure ur set accordingly.
My Mtel wap is really cool and the speed is something else.

Goodluck
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2007
I have input the settings and it obviously aint gonna work without activating your SIM card. If you wanna help us, tell me the real fact. There got to be someone (an insider) that helped you provision your line by activating your SIM card before the settings can then work.
Re: Mtel Wap by delarontus(f): 10:11am On Feb 01, 2007
Do you need to have credit to start off?
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 8:35am On Feb 02, 2007
Even if you load 1 million naira, still doesn't guarantee you free GPRS. You need to know someone working in Mtel to provision your SIM to browse.
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2007
you guys who browse must be lucky to have gprs-activated SIM by God-knows-what method. if all SIMs can be activated easily, I think mtel will not be a dying company by now, at least that would have made them more popular in a way. u may call 170 and ask their customer care to activate ur line, they will tell u to go to their nearest centre, buy a package containing another SIM card and other connectivities for =N=21,000.00. for heaven sake, just because of free gprs? let's see hoe they end up
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2007
Drogba, I earlier gave a number you shd call and explain ur request. The Mtel guys
are yet to wisen up on the need to allow customer service handle this stuff. So call
Babagana on 0804 419 5519. It's really cool browsing with Mtel - I've stopped browsing
with my Celtel because it's too slow in comparison. Perhaps cushman can say how he did his own
so you guys can be part of the 'in' crowd

Good luck again.
Re: Mtel Wap by kitaun(m): 1:11am On Feb 04, 2007
Does the Gprs coverage reach Kaduna??
Re: Mtel Wap by hayprof(m): 8:06pm On Feb 04, 2007
Omo I don Search d Whole Of Naija for a Mtel Sim,
Guys hook me Up O. embarassed wink
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2007
@hayprof, i have 2. u can have 1 from me if u live in kano. got 1 and 1 for my wife 3 yrs ago & put them aside 4 a long time due 2 poor coverage. pm me if u want.
@feelgood, will babagana help to activate if contacted? kindly assist.
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2007
I just popped in my 2 Mtel SIM cards only to find out that they have been blocked. I have not used them for like 6 months now, that means I have to look for new ones to buy.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2007
fasone:

@cushman, i am in kano and can neither see the gprs logo nor browse using that setting on my moto L7, please can u help
thanks

Maybe you need to configure your phone again or get a Nokia phone
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2007
fasone:

@cushman, i am in kano and can neither see the gprs logo nor browse using that setting on my moto L7, please can u help
thanks

To tell you guys the truth, mtel gprs is available wherever there's mtel network. Infact, i'm working in a village and guess what, My phone is showing the "3G" icon
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2007
do i need to activate gprs on my sim card in order to have my motorola L7 display gprs icon? i am at a loss.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2007
@ fasone; don't know what you will want me to say again - why not call the guy
and tell him to pls configure your number for wap. Tell him you are a customer and you need
the facility. Put on the charm. You never can tell, he may turn out to become your main man.

I really feel sorry for them folks who can't get it. When you get connected, other networks become
snail like in speed. It's like comparing bandwith to dial up

Good luck again.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2007
@feelgood, i feel you cool
Re: Mtel Wap by bimbor(m): 10:20pm On Feb 10, 2007
mtel gprs
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2007
ok you guys, let me have your Mtel numbers. I'll try and push it with the folks at Mtel - really feel sorry that you are missing out.
So get me the numbers and wish me luck
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2007
@feelgood, many thanks in advance.
these are my numbers 08043264998, 08045143298.
wishing you the best of luck.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2007
ok Fasone, pased the numbers to them - will get back to you thru ur mobile when done. Be cool
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 10:31am On Feb 12, 2007
@feelgood, thanks again for ur generous sympathy. cant thank u enough. will surely get back to you here.
do have a good day and week.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2007
Just called your numbers, Fasone; I hope they are not blocked because none went thru.
Anyway, I've just been informed that the numbers have been configured for mtel gprs by my
contact man. So, just set your mobile to apn.mtel1.ng then switch off and on. Pronto, you are on.
Welcome to the club ol' chap - my wife uses an L6 and she is enjoying the facility.

Perhaps I should begin to charge for consultancies, or wot do u guys think wink wink
Re: Mtel Wap by ibrahim(m): 12:40pm On Feb 12, 2007
my mtel no:08043270265!abeg pass my no 4ward cos i don de beg 4 dis since no show!i go really appreciate am well well.thanks 4 ur reply
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2007
And mine too; 08042270900
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2007
@feelgood, thanks very much.they are not blocked but off, i will check them when i get home. i thank God for we still have people like you in Nigeria and to the owner of this portal, kudos. it is ok if u charge us, but allow God to pay u & ur contact man immeasurably. what do u say?
Re: Mtel Wap by Wilfem(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2007
Please kindly do me too a favor by sending the configurations to my line: 08043317749
Thanks for your concern and God Bless.
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2007
@feelgood, i really cant thank u enough. my lines are working wherever the signal is strong.may u live long and never fall or trip. you are abundantly blessed, just claim them all. did i hear you say apn.mtel1.ng also works?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G / Here Guy's I Have Finally Got It Thanks To My Friends The New Celtel Apn. / Airtel Introduce Always ON + Unlimited Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.