Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Mtel Wap - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtel Wap (8664 Views)

Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtel Wap by Immortalme(m): 10:46am On May 24, 2007
@jobman

Please I will want you to help me out on this. I just bought an Mtel line with GPRS printed on the back of the sim card. I bought it for the purpose of browsing with it. the BTS near my house in Abuja reads GWARINPA 1800C. My phone model is NOKIA 6630. Please tell your guys to activate GPRS for GWARINPA 1800C BTS near my house so that i can browse with my phone connected to my Laptop.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Mtel Wap by honsule(m): 11:18am On May 26, 2007
hi guys,mtel have two types of line.the first one u can use it to browse free directly,because it came gprs enabled.in other words,u don't need anybody to activated the line for u before u browse.however,the problem with the sim is that,it is not compatible with all phone.if u insert it in some phone it will tell u,insert sim.the second sim is the normal sim that is compatible with all fones,but the problem is that it is not gprs enabled.however,let me help some people with MTEL settings.set ur account name to 'mtelgprs'and APN-access point name to'apn1.mtel.ng'and also connection type is GPRS or data call.no username and password.make sure ur proxy access is disabled.do u need any other help or info?Mtel browsing is still free.hope many wil migrate to MTEL just for free browsing.i hv two lines already,but, cheers.
Re: Mtel Wap by LinuxProph(m): 9:15pm On May 30, 2007
Nice to see people enjoying GPRS.

How about the "BlackBerry" experience on your phone?

PUSH EMAIL (for supporting handsets like latest Nokia N series, SE P900, P910, P990 and M600i, Nokia E Series)
Free 14-day trial
Web Resource (for when your phone is down (or no credit)
Works with any phone that has GPRS and a mail client (most handsets do)
N5,000 ANNUAL, not monthly subscription. Activation fee of N2,500 is waivered if signed up before 1st July 2007.
Where? http://freshmail.mobi.

No extra software needed or necessary.
Re: Mtel Wap by ibrahim(m): 3:35pm On May 31, 2007
i av mtel grps on my fone,thxs feelgood its worth it but the 2 problems r that am been billed and when there's gprs,it connects but no data is recieved.i do connect sometimes n browse but most often times it does not and am still billed!is it like dat for d rest of u guys on mtel?
Re: Mtel Wap by dekin(m): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2007
Feelgood Pls can u help me reactivate my mtel line and provision it for gprs service? I will b glad u if u can help me. D no is 08045441172. Thanks.
Re: Mtel Wap by maxjax(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2007
Is MTEL stil ALIVE ppl? @dekin hw do i knw d rite mtel sim wit GPRS signal? Is it stil FREE, cuz a guy complaind dat hez bein BILLED. confused.
Re: Mtel Wap by dekin(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2007
@maxjax i dont realy know thats why im begging feelgood, jobman for a help.Guys if u r reading dis help a black depressed bloke out
Re: Mtel Wap by Chidi4u(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2008
Can any one testify to this does it work
Re: Mtel Wap by honsule(m): 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Chidi.Ask me.Do you want to change network?
Re: Mtel Wap by tobs(m): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
diz MTEL sef . . .i don find the SIM PACK tire . . .i no see . . even in computer village . . . the same thing tongue
Re: Mtel Wap by Chidi4u(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2008
Honsule no i dont want to change network i just want another alternative Mtel is suffering from the nigerian condition and has kept on relapsing to a state of idiopatic comatose president please sack every body there and employ baboons they will do better nonsence people nosence network
Re: Mtel Wap by tobidaflava(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2008
Haba! Just because of WAP. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G / Here Guy's I Have Finally Got It Thanks To My Friends The New Celtel Apn. / Airtel Introduce Always ON + Unlimited Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.