Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Mtel Wap - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtel Wap (8661 Views)

Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtel Wap by nasyl(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2007
Anyone that can activate ma celtel line, pls dis is ma number 08029746415
Re: Mtel Wap by kulex2k1(m): 4:46am On Mar 11, 2007
@feelgood i still dey o! Realy need u to hook me up, i know its not with everyone wanting you to help. Here is my number again 08045080030. PLEASE,
Re: Mtel Wap by EPOMA(m): 2:00am On Mar 22, 2007
Feelgood , you don try , keep it up
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2007
i dont know what happened, i dont have gprs logo on my handset any more in Kano. is the gprs still up and running or is it possible that I have been disconnected? pls, any 1 with info should reply.
Re: Mtel Wap by EPOMA(m): 1:50am On Mar 29, 2007
JOBMAN Please I want to activate my mtel line for gprs , please could you help do this , I have two line but I want to try one first.Will really appreciate.The number is 08049048005, Just got the line today but if you call it , it says the line is not correct but mtel say they will sort this out sooN
Re: Mtel Wap by ibrahim(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2007
can mtel gprs be used on a mobile fone or must we use it on a pc only with d APN?feelgood thanks men 4 activating my line though i have not used since i dont no if its only d apn thats required.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2007
Fasone, I dont think you have been disconnected. The gprs could disappear if there are technical problems, etc. but it will come back - just be patient.
Ibrahim, you are missing out of the fun. How to configure ur phone has been mentioned earlier and it is simple- it's like wanting to cross to the other side, you get to the bridge and you begin to worry if the bridge will hold- meanwhile cars and lorries are busy crossing over. That's why you are still where you are
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2007
feelgood, all i want 2 say is that you are extremely good for us here, pls stay, dont go anywhere. i want to suggest that we get a standard forum in here depicting MTEL, where feelgood presides as chairman/moderator. others, what do u say?
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2007
grin Chairman indeed. I dont work in Mtel and I also use Celtel. I just believe in sharing experiences in nairaland for the benefit of all. I have also gained a lot from other people's experiences at varied threads - and that is how it should be.
So be cool my guys and let's keep nairaland sizzling fresh with ideas, etc.
Re: Mtel Wap by danielng: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2007
Hi, Everyone o this mtelgprs chat.
I want to hail Fellgood and Jobman for their efforts to let naijas gain access to mtelgprs. its coomendable. If everyone of us oculd help with informations as this, we'll all feel good in naija.
Anyway i am fond of mtel network and friends call me old skull. evn when i mention my phonr no. as 0804 they stumb and ''say which kind number be that?'' anyway i am proud of the line.
Feelgood my no. is 08045423389, could you please help me to activate mine too to be able to use the free gprs browsing. Jobman you can help too.
God bless you.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2007
smiley Daniel, Epoma and Kulex
Una no go kill me. I will pass ur numbers to my guys in Mtel for action 2moro.
Daniel, I admire your self discipline and loyalty- actually ur Mtel is cool and will get better. Their present problems was brought about by greedy govt pple. Now that they are in private hands, they will get better. Enjoy your one day hols folks
Re: Mtel Wap by EPOMA(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2007
I have been trying to load Mtel for days, Has anybody had luck with this
Re: Mtel Wap by danielng: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2007
Feelgood,
I feel more encouraged by your words, even as at now i still dont have network on my mtel line.
But i felt challeged by your attitude, to at least help everyone that comes around you for assistance.
Keep it up, one day you'll begin to reap the fruit of your labour. God said that you must sow before you reap. That is the basis. So get ready to reap what you've been sowing.
Remain blessed.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2007
Epoma, there's a technical problem making it difficult for a lot me pple to load. I've been told the matter is being tackled and will be resolved soon.
Daniel, I dont know why you dont have signal- have you been using the line for long? or is it new? I hope u are in a coverage area. anyway, I have passed your number plus the other guys to Mtel 4 action and that shd solve ur problems. Your case is of particular interest to me: you are indeed among the rare breed of Nigerians who prefer only things nigeria where available.
JUST FEEL GOOD!
Re: Mtel Wap by kulex2k1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2007
@feelgood thanks man i'll be hoping and praying,
Re: Mtel Wap by danielng: 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2007
I have been using my mtel mtel line as at last sunday. but the network coverage disappeared on tuesday and till now.
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2007
Mtel is very inconsistent because all their subs have dumped them for other networks.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2007
Ok Daniel, then try another cell site area and if it's the same no network, reconfigure ur phone to automatic network selection. But If there's signal, then ur home cell site has a prob. Anyway, which location are you?
Drogba u are right in your observation. However, I trust they are waking up from their slumber.
Kulex, that's the spirit ol chap. LET'S KEEP HOPE ALIVE
Re: Mtel Wap by danielng: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2007
Feelgood, hope you got my text msg.
I now have netwoek on my phone for mtel but i cant see the G sign of GPRS.
Please if i want to enter the configurations on my phone what should be in the spaces:

setting's name:

homepage:

session mode: permanent or temporary

GPRS Access point:

Ip add:

username:
passs word:

Let me hear from you.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2007
Yes Daniel, I did. access point is: apn1.mtel. ng
Ignore the others. After config, switch phone off then on again - and pronto, u r on
Re: Mtel Wap by danielng: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2007
Fellgood,
I entered apn1.mtel.ng yet its not working. it requested homepage and i gave mtel.ng and yet it requested ip address. he worst is that the G sign is did not appear.
Help me more
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2007
If the G sign did not appear, that means you are in an area where the GPRS service is inactive. I also have my line activated according to feelgood, but have not been able to use the Mtel GPRS since the service is inactive in my location. I got tired and reverted to using my MTN and Celtel for browsing.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2007
Daniel, if the G sign did not appear on ur phone, then the cellsite covering ur area is not gprs enabled and you may not browse in that coverage area.
However, from ur post, it appears you have not grasped the mechanics & functions of ur phone- read the manual very well. Its a shame that there's no gprs in your area for you to experience the Mtel advantage in browsing. Lets hope Mtel will soon make all their sites gprs enabled. Your decision to continue using mtn, etc is wise as you cannot wait indefinitely.
Be cool
Re: Mtel Wap by reachabeyy: 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2007
please i got an mtel line but its not activated(gprs), when i called c care i was told i have to pay 21k to get it provisioned
anybody in the house who can hell me
my num is 08044946604
Re: Mtel Wap by honsule(m): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2007
@drogba.does it mean that u still browse with ur celtel line?how can i activate mine?my no is 08084629067.Another challenge that i hv is that,whenever i open mtn gprs homepage with :
{wap.mtnonline.com}it always display;THIS PHONE IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED.does it mean that it is from my fone?to worsen matters i have about 80 free MMS which i cannot send.i have accurately configure my fone MMS,but whenever i try sending MMS it will reach 99% and it will display re-enter.am using LG U8180.SB SHD PLS HELP ME,
Re: Mtel Wap by eunisam: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2007
@ feelgood.Bros you've been feeling good about this stuff,though I have sent you sms to activate my line yet you keep silent and feelinggood alone. let my numbers be activated I beg!08042216388

Re: Mtel Wap by nasyl(m): 8:35am On Apr 20, 2007
were can i get mtel.any1 pls help cos i really need 2 brose
Re: Mtel Wap by honsule(m): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2007
@nasyl.wher ar u domiciled?u can get enough mtel lines in JOS.a line goes for #500 naira.
Re: Mtel Wap by Pelumiv(m): 4:33am On Apr 25, 2007
I really appreciate the help Jobman and feelgood have been doing for the nairalanders.Although they have not help me but it shows that they are real Nigerians and that they are good son of africa.I keep wonderin y Mtel will not be using IP,its kinda weird .But y people cant configure the Mtel settings themselves the way MTN does? undecided,Cause i do configure that of MTN myself.do Mtel charge for the internet access and can anybody help me if i can get the Mtel sim card?.Cheers 2 d great mind of this forum. smiley
Re: Mtel Wap by nasyl(m): 8:42am On May 09, 2007
feel good wasup,pls can u kindly send me the mtel settings 2 my 3230 <nokia> fone.God bless.
Re: Mtel Wap by nasyl(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2007
feel good pls send d mtel wap settings 2 my 3230 fone<nokia>.clicksegxy@yahoo.com
Re: Mtel Wap by hayprof(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2007
Any one use Mtel Gprs in Ikeja Area, Is the service enabled there?
And where can one get d line there[in Ikeja]?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whats The Procedure/documents Required To Retrieve A Lost 9mobile Sim Card? / Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G / Here Guy's I Have Finally Got It Thanks To My Friends The New Celtel Apn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.