Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,634 members, 7,813,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Mtel Wap - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtel Wap (8663 Views)

Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2007
Fasone, it is apn1.mtel.ng
connect using mtelgprs
Hope u r browsing now and thanks 4 the prayer.
@cushman, how come u want to configure ur number - I thought u've been using the Mtel gprs for a long time. That's the impression I got from ur earlier posts.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 8:34am On Feb 14, 2007
Yeah, well undecided (scratches head)
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2007
Anyway, Ibrahim, Wilfem and cushman, I've passed ur numbers to Mtel for action.
Will get back to you when done - but I'm taking no more requests pls. Don't wanna abuse
my privileges.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 8:39am On Feb 15, 2007
Hey, thanks man!
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2007
grin

All you need for mtel gprs is to be provisioned on the network for gprs access( its free call 170) then the access point name(APN) which is apn1.mtel.ng, then you can name the connection as mtelgprs or anything else of you choice.

If you want to browse on your laptop the you need to dial *99***# and leave the user name and password fields blank (ie using dial up networking). Then use your phone as a modem--under the properties setting this is usually starndard modem over bluetooth, nokia modem, starndard modem over infra red etc. The speed is ideally 115 kbps (this is both uplink and downlink). And of course you have to know how to connect your phone to your laptop/desktop. For this you can use a cable (USB/Serial), Bluetooth or you can buy a gprs modem (PCMCIA for laptop only or USB for both laptop and desktop).

I dont really know of the charge rate but it depends on the amount of data you download or upload ie. if you browse pages with plenty images or multimedia you eat up your credit fast and vice versa.

Availability is theoretically nation wide any where there is mtel service there is mtel gprs except if we forget to activate it on the BTS nearest to you haha 100% Nigerian grin.
however, often there is problems with transmission systems and the ISP in these periods the G will either disappear or the server will fail to respond respectively.

Anyother issue please dont be shy to reply this message or cal customer service on 170 you just walk to mtel Customer Service Centre (CSC) or Talk Centre.

Wondering who am I? the insider  wink

Where will I enjoy M-tel GPRS better? Abuja area, Kano, Enugu, PH, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Ibadan, lagos Ikorodu------including the villages of course

Bye guys. enough lesson for today.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 10:47am On Feb 17, 2007
Well done @jobman, we need people like you here you know,

What else do we need to know? grin
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2007
@Jobman, I have 2 Mtel lines that have been blocked, I can't even load recharge card on them. What do I do about them?
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2007
@jobman, thanks for that informative piece. in my area we have full signal but no gprs icon, at other locations of the town there is gprs icon and I can even browse. please tell them to come and remove the 100% nigeria issue by activating the BTS nearest to badawa layout, nasarawa quarters, kano for gprs. we will be glad you did.
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2007
Halo, regarding the M-tel sims, just call customer care on 170 or go to customer service and give them the two numbers (if you still remember them) or give them the ICCID (behind the SIM card 8923440, ) and tell them that you want it re activated and connected to GPRS. thats all easy see because its 100% naija.
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 10:21am On Feb 20, 2007
Ok ooh, ba kwomai, aee, I will tell my guys to acivate GPRS on the Nassarawa BTS. give me a day or two.
Re: Mtel Wap by Wilfem(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2007
Thanks feelgood, though I've not yet seen the "GPRS" signal on my phone. But I just want to thank you for your action. God Bless you.
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2007
Great job jobman. Learn't new stuff from ur info. Glad 2 know that Mtel is waking up & customer service is back. 100% naija 4 eva
Re: Mtel Wap by feelgood(m): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2007
Ahoy jobman, just called 170 abt my boy's line 4 wap activation & was informed that they don't do it for private subs- and it is done by the engineers.
Appears ur enthusiasm and info is not shared by ur customer service. You guys shd come 2gether & get ur acts together. Many of us still believe in keeping 100% naija alive. Cheers and goodluck
Re: Mtel Wap by delarontus(f): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2007
The Mtel GPRS is not for the public yet because its yet to be launched. The few people who can browse now are lucky because they either have friends or friends' friends. 'Man know man' is the name of the game there.
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 9:21am On Feb 21, 2007
@jobman, i give u 1 week plus just 2 justify 100% nigeria mentality. i pray it reduces to 20% so that we can all enjoy good services everywhere.
well, without any doubt, i have @feelgood to thank immensely for my activated lines. he has ''solid contacts'' i tell u. kudos to all.
Re: Mtel Wap by fasone(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2007
delarontus:

The Mtel GPRS is not for the public yet because its yet to be launched. The few people who can browse now are lucky because they either have friends or friends' friends. 'Man know man' is the name of the game there.

you've said it all, the system is in beta state and always make friends, not foes
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2007
how much does Mtel line sell for currently? seems no one is buying it nowadays since i dont even have any Mtel contact on my phone.
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2007
Ok feelgood (m) just send post the numbers (are they already re-activated by customer service?) and U go get gprs on them immediately i see it here on nairaland!!!! smiley
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2007
@jobman, i always see the "gprs" icon on my phone but i can't browse. Please he;p me config. My nu,ber is 08042270900. Thanx  wink
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2007
Dis man na wah for U ohh. U already have gprs (according to my contact) all U have 2 do is program Ur H/set. (which kind one u dey use sef i hope no be be nokia 1100 ohh). and also. hope that your hanset supports html not ordinary wap. goodluck.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2007
My guy you funny o! 1100? cheesy Ha! Actually, i use 6630 and i've already programmed the settings in my handset. What do you think?
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2007
cushman (m), dis na correct nokia, so no reason why it will not work. Make sure your default internet connection is using mtel access point(apn1.mtel.ng) and dis able all proxy or dont use proxy, and your enryption or security should be set as normal (not secure or encrypted) and that you have money for account well well (because my guy say na only 500 plus u get). good luck.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2007
Hmmm, i trust my guy! You be "inner guy" for sure. Thanks for the information. You've been most helpful wink
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2007
how about my lines that have been deactivated? i try to call 170 and keep hearing a chinese woman's voice telling me that my telephone charges are overdue. i try to recharge and it tells me i'm not a prepaid subscriber. @jobman, can i post the numbers so u help me check it out?
Re: Mtel Wap by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2007
Hey all,save urself d stress,ur celtel wap is still on,yeah,on, jst delete ur apn,and leave apn blank,simple,kick my butt if it doesnt wrk,yeah,i mean it,n by d way,ur port no shld be 8080,dt way,its fuckn faster
Re: Mtel Wap by drogba(m): 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2007
the celtel thing doesn't work for me. @jobman, how far? the number is 08043327350 i'm expecting your reply bro, thanks in advance.
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2007
Give him his balance too cheesy
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 11:24am On Feb 22, 2007
Drogba, your number is now ok, but u will need to load card (if u get service for your are b'cos dem say kano, kaduna and maiduguri dey down now! 100% naija) . Anywaway goodluck and U r now awarded GPRS ([b]G[/b]rand [b]P[/b]atron of , ?) so enjoy when u get the service.
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2007
cushman (m)
cushman (m)

The man no get balance, the last time e even attempt to load na for 2006 october!! anyway i hope with his new gprs in place e go dey load otherwise we go send am meet v-mobile abi na celtel?
Re: Mtel Wap by Wilfem(m): 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2007
I still don't find the GPRS on my Mtel sim.
Feelgood, is there something you think you can do for me
Re: Mtel Wap by jobman: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2007
Wilfem (m)
Wetin be your number? send it now now and which model of phone u dey use. send it now now
Re: Mtel Wap by cushman(m): 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2007
jobman:

cushman (m)
cushman (m)

The man no get balance, the last time e even attempt to load na for 2006 october!! anyway i hope with his new gprs in place e go dey load otherwise we go send am meet v-mobile abi na celtel?

grin

@jobman, heard that mtel's about to launch cdma. How true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out The Speed On Mtn 4G / Here Guy's I Have Finally Got It Thanks To My Friends The New Celtel Apn. / Airtel Introduce Always ON + Unlimited Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.