Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,551 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? (2142 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop / Should Christians Support Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
Been somewhat baffled by the level of support Trump has with Nigerian Christians esp. in the American Politics thread here. It seems some there have even deified him. Trump is such an amoral person. And given his comments about Nigeria being an a--hole country, where is this support coming from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2023
They have no mind of their own and would always agree with the opinion their pastors!

Most would never read and understand the Bible for themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
They are NOT Christians but gullible followers of politicians disguising as ministers of God so whatever their politically oriented leaders say determines their beliefs! smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Emusan(m): 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
They are NOT Christians but gullible followers of politicians disguising as ministers of God so whatever their politically oriented leaders say determines their beliefs! smiley

Just as you're not Christian too cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by KnownUnknown: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
IjeBos:
Been somewhat baffled by the level of support Trump has with Nigerian Christians esp. in the American Politics thread here. It seems some there have even deified him. Trump is such an amoral person. And given his comments about Nigeria being an a--hole country, where is this support coming from?

They are a slave-minded lot who kowtow to authoritarians and populists. It’s the same reason they venerate Jews and Israel.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
Emusan:

Just as you're not Christian too cheesy grin cheesy grin

So, how would define a Christian that would make Donald Trump one? Curious.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by TrajansKong: 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
IjeBos:

What Trump does or says is irrelevant.

He is a white man with blond hair and blue eyes. Just like Jesus, their Lord and Saviour.

Why wouldn't Nigerian Christians support him unquestioningly?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
TrajansKong:

He is a white man with blond hair and blue eyes. Just like Jesus, their Lord and Saviour.

Why wouldn't Nigerian Christians support him unquestioningly?

Lol. I shouldn't be laughing though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45am On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

According to the first century Jewish carpenter named Jesus of Nazareth no faithful servant of God should have anything to do with politics after the announcement of the nearness of God's kingdom {John 17:16} rather than thinking about solving problems through politics Jesus' friends should solely rely on God's kingdom to solve all the problems of making {Matthew 6:9-10} his Jewish disciples fully understood what he meant because in their scriptures the Christ will exterminate all politicians when his kingdom begins {Daniel 2:44} so when he ordered them to go and make declaration of the nearness of God's kingdom he told them not to drag issues with any Jew who feels like arguing with them {Matthew 10:11-15} because by the time he begins his kingship all opposers of his orders will be killed! Luke 19:27

The reason for this instructions is due to what Satan has put in place right from the time of Nebuchadnezzar who made people to vow that they will worship the image of politics with all their heart this is what people call NATIONAL ANTHEM till today! Daniel 3:1-5

With the National Anthem in mind no human can love his fellow believers {John 13:34-35} or neighbour {Mark 12:31} because according to all anthems you must fight for the sovereignty of the source of the anthem thereby becoming enemies of those standing in the way of your rulers.

Satan put all these in place to make it difficult for people during the endtime so that by the time the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} arrives his wise counsel will sound stupid to mankind in general. For instance imagine when Jesus told his disciples to love even those insulting and trying to kill them {Luke 6:27-28 compare to Matthew 5:43-48} of course the first century Jews concluded that Jesus is MAD {John 10:20} even his own family members also had the same feelings {Mark 3:21} yet Jesus was saying what is needed to spoil the works of Satan! 1John 3:8b

How can a politician who must believe in racism and military actions to solve problems be a friend of Jesus who commanded his own disciples to be HARMLESS as DOVES? Matthew 10:16

So those supporting Trump or Israel today in going for revenge aren't followers of the man from Nazareth who is called CHRIST! Matthew 5:43-48

May you have PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 4:51am On Nov 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

According to the first century Jewish carpenter named Jesus of Nazareth no faithful servant of God should have anything to do with politics after the announcement of the nearness of God's kingdom {John 17:16} rather than thinking about solving problems through politics Jesus' friends should solely rely on God's kingdom to solve all the problems of making {Matthew 6:9-10} his Jewish disciples fully understood what he meant because in their scriptures the Christ will exterminate all politicians when his kingdom begins {Daniel 2:44} so

You lost me. Was this in response to my post?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:07am On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

You lost me. Was this in response to my post?
Network issues.
See the completion above.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by LordReed(m): 6:03am On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

Because they think he supports some kind of Christian Nationalism agenda and has a more friendly approach to Israel. He is the image some of them have of a wealthy Christian even though the man hardly goes to church. Since the campaign for the 2020 election ended I don't think I've heard that Trump went to church again yet they still think he is a Christian. Even with this current election campaign I haven't heard him court the Christian right like he did in previous campaigns yet they still see him as their champion. Obviously they are closing their eyes to his many, many, many shortcomings, for them he makes the right noises about granting their wishes to see a more Christianized world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Emusan(m): 7:47am On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

Try to rephrase your question.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55am On Nov 01, 2023
TrajansKong:

Racism is your problem! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Network issues.
See the completion above.

I'm still lost. In plain speak, what are you trying to say?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
Emusan:

Try to rephrase your question.

Rephrase? Were there too many words in the question?
You made a comment about someone not being a Christian. Seemed to be an ad-hominem. I assume you said that because he called out Donald Trump. I don't like judging people's faith, but I think it's easy to see Trump's. And his support among the church is worrisome to me as it probably turns away people who may have wanted to identify as Christian. If you have something to say, I'd like to hear it or did you just come here to be flippant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Racism is your problem! smiley

Could you elaborate on that point?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

Could you elaborate on that point?

Jesus is just a man God sent to help humans see the foolishness in human politics!

God is planning to start His own government on this planet {Matthew 6:10} but humans are dying for man's government.

Jesus could have come from any tribe so what matters is not his nationality but his wise counsel {Isaiah 9:6} which will help mankind to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally! Isaiah 2:2-4

So if anyone is seeing Jesus as a whiteman such a person is just a racist who can't think deeply to figure out the qualities Jesus had.

Mohatma Gandhi was an Indian yet he said:

"If everyone puts the teaching of Christ to use we will solve the problem of this world"

He never judge by his looks rather he talks about the message!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Emusan(m): 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:
Rephrase? Were there too many words in the question?

No! But one word in the statement that made it confusing.

You made a comment about someone not being a Christian.

Yes I made it because I know the person.

Seemed to be an ad-hominem.

You should have asked me why not just your own assumption.

I assume you said that because he called out Donald Trump.

No! I said that because he himself said the name CHRISTIAN is a CURSE and of Satan.

I don't like judging people's faith, but I think it's easy to see Trump's.

Then leave Trump to God after all God has handed Judgement to Jesus Christ.

[uqote]And his support among the church is worrisome to me as it probably turns away people who may have wanted to identify as Christian.[/quote]

It's not worrisome! Just say you don't feel cool with it. Or you want take away people's freedom of association?

If you have something to say, I'd like to hear it or did you just come here to be flippant?

Well about the OP, Trump being a Christian is left to him and God, and people who claim to support him also have the right to do so.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
Emusan:

No! But one word in the statement that made it confusing.

Yes I made it because I know the person.

You should have asked me why not just your own assumption.

No! I said that because he himself said the name CHRISTIAN is a CURSE and of Satan.

Then leave Trump to God after all God has handed Judgement to Jesus Christ.

[uqote]And his support among the church is worrisome to me as it probably turns away people who may have wanted to identify as Christian.

It's not worrisome! Just say you don't feel cool with it. Or you want take away people's freedom of association?

If you have something to say, I'd like to hear it or did you just come here to be flippant?

Well about the OP, Trump being a Christian is left to him and God, and people who claim to support him also have the right to do so.

My fault on the first part and the adversarial tone. I didn't know his past words. Will wait to hear what he has to say.

The problem with Trump and his association with the Church are the people who see that, and don't want anything to do with Christianity because of it. And I've met a few who wonder how the Church could support a man like Trump. And what that says about the church.

I hear you about Judgement. But, do you agree that there is an inconsistency with Jesus's words in the New Testament and Trump? I had a conversation with someone on this forum who used to post heavily in this forum who now supports Trump and has turned into somewhat of a troll. I remember saying to him (about something I can't remember), but Jesus said "____". His response, "well I don't believe in that". I was somewhat shocked and it made me wonder, can you be a Christian if you don't believe Christ's direct words? I think that's part of the reason some US Christian Pastors have written letters calling out other Pastors and their support of Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by GreatAchiever1: 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2023
I can't speak for all, but it could be that they don't just support the Democrats, take a look at what that political party has been signing into the law from time past, so many left-wing nonsense that has reduced the moral values of the country, thereby ruining the family unit, it was a miracle that the supreme court overturned the Roe V Wade thereby ending the right to abortion which I heard was done by the Republicans while Trump was still in office.

It could be that they support him because of the moral values that his political party endorses, for me sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2023
Emusan:

Why must you lie against me simply because he asked you a question?

I never said the name "CHRISTIANS" is of Satan YES it's unbelievers that gave the name to Christ's disciples in Antioch and that's not the name God had in mind for His worshipers but then if you don't understand something let the one who said it explain.

You may hate me for my faith but don't tell lies against me out of spite!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 1:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
I can't speak for all, but it could be that they don't just support the Democrats, take a look at what that political party has been signing into the law from time past, so many left-wing nonsense that has reduced the moral values of the country, thereby ruining the family unit, it was a miracle that the supreme court overturned the Roe V Wade thereby ending the right to abortion which I heard was done by the Republicans while Trump was still in office.

It could be that they support him because of the moral values that his political party endorses, for me sha.

Interesting post. What type of nonsense laws? And you don't think Trump's amorality reduced the moral values? Obama was married to 1 person. Trump has been married 3x and found liable for raping someone.

As to Roe v. Wade. I assume your Christian, would you be comfortable if Sharia law was instituted thorough out Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by IjeBos(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I never said the name "CHRISTIANS" is of Satan YES it's unbelievers that gave the name to Christ's disciples in Antioch and that's not the name God had in mind for His worshipers but then if you don't understand something let the one who said it explain.

I see, you're only referring to the the Christian name and how it came to be. Emusan can you accept that?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

My fault on the first part and the adversarial tone. I didn't know his past words. Will wait to hear what he has to say.

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The one and only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and you can't blasphem against God's Holy Spirit if you are not a politician so politics is the major problem affecting mankind.

If you read the Bible book of Galatians 5:19-21 try to meditate thoroughly on the verses then think about how a person can be a politician without PRACTICING SUPPORTING and PROMOTING at least TWO of the things Paul mentioned in those verses! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

I see, you're only referring to the the Christian name and how it came to be. Emusan can you accept that?

The group name "CHRISTIANS" was used as a CURSE for the disciples of Jesus.
Those calling them by that name WISH their lives to be as miserable as that of the man who claimed he is the Christ.
No wife, no child, no house, nothing to call his own and died like a common criminal.
That's what they wished for whoever is following Jesus back then but the disciples welcomed it anyway! Matthew 10:33

That's the name God was referring to when he said in prophetic message to the Jews who gave that name to the disciples of Christ:

And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name :Isaiah 65:15

Today if anyone say i am a Christian it doesn't have any pedigree like the way Jesus' disciples felt back then because the group name has been bastardized by Satan's agents claiming believers in Christ.

So what is the name God called His worshipers after the name has been defamed?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 43:10-12

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by GreatAchiever1: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

Interesting post. What type of nonsense laws?

Same-sex marriage, transgender rights, reproductive and other women's rights, voting rights for all citizens, etc.—these were not the laws that were supported by their founding fathers.

And you don't think Trump's amorality has reduced moral values? Obama was married to one person. Trump has been married three times and found liable of raping someone.
I'm aware Trump has his own flaws, but like I said, it's what his political party stood for, in that they are more conservative than the Democrats, who are liberal. Obama was married to one person, yes, but he advocated for a lot of nonsense, which he never initially stood for, but I guess something happened and things changed.

As to Roe v. Wade, I assume you are Christian. Would you be comfortable if Sharia law were instituted throughout Nigeria?
No, I would not.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Image123(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2023
LordReed:

Because they think he supports some kind of Christian Nationalism agenda and has a more friendly approach to Israel. He is the image some of them have of a wealthy Christian even though the man hardly goes to church. Since the campaign for the 2020 election ended I don't think I've heard that Trump went to church again yet they still think he is a Christian. Even with this current election campaign I haven't heard him court the Christian right like he did in previous campaigns yet they still see him as their champion. Obviously they are closing their eyes to his many, many, many shortcomings, for them he makes the right noises about granting their wishes to see a more Christianized world.

Lol, christians are naturally inclined against someone or establishments that have openly antichristian beliefs, like openly for abortion, homosexuality, guns, secularity of schools and even govt. etc. THEY don't really care about compromise or slyness, they don't see that far.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Emusan(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2023
IjeBos:

You should know the person you're having discussion with is a liar, twister of God's word and manipulator.

He is not just referring to the name CHRISTIAN but wants you to discard that name and start claiming to be a JEHOVAH WITNESS.

You can read that from his post "So what is the name God called His worshipers after the name has been defamed?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

I don't have much time to search his previous post where he said the name is of Satan but YES! He actually made that statement.

Now, check the few screenshot below to give you the insight into what he feels about the name CHRISTIAN and how he was trying to promote the name Jehovah Witness.

This is it, the name Christian was Biblical and the Apostle Peter says we shouldn't be ashamed of the name, so how can it be CURSED?

The meaning of that name 'Christian' simply means CHRIST-LIKE compare to the lies that he told "No wife, no child, no house, nothing to call his own and died like a common criminal."

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by Emusan(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So I'm lying against you.

Waoooooo

@achorladey come and see something

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by achorladey: 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
Emusan:

Waoooooo

We know he loves projecting his kind of personality on others and in this case the liar aka MaxInDHouse projecting his lies to others grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2023
Emusan:

Waoooooo

This is the comment you responded to.

MaxInDHouse:

The OP understood what i meant you're just here to argue blindly.

So instead of using your two accounts to respond to yourself answer him.

He asked you a simple question:

IjeBos:

So, how would (you) define a Christian that would make Donald Trump one? Curious.

Answer the above question and prove me wrong because my stand is that both Trump and those hailing him aren't Christians!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Prayer Work? / Jesus Was A Muslim / If Jesus Appear To You In Form Of The Picture One We See, Bind Him In Jesus Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.