Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96642 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by ilynem(m): 5:30am On Jan 23, 2017
1stCitizen:

The 10%. In fact more than that monthly is helping to change the lives of less privileged members of my society and I am spiritually refreshed each time.

Keep thinking 10% given to charlatans and will improve your life materially or spiritually.
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

The law reveals Gods principle . The law is a documentation of rights and wrongs . Knowledge of such is important.

And what is the collection called? No bi offering?

Read Galatians 3:10-11
10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”
11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."

Since we are under grace .. we are not to follow the law
There is already a commandment under grace .. Love your neighbour as yourself and love God

Galatians 5:4
For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.

Do you want to keep the law and alient yourself from Christ ??
Do you want to fall away from grace and live in the curse of the law ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:43am On Jan 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
So Paul went to the Temple the next day with the other men.
They had already started the purification ritual,
so he publicly announced the date when their vows would end and sacrifices would be offered for each of them

- Acts 21:26

The Nazarite Vow
18The Nazirite shall then shave his dedicated head of hair at the doorway of the tent of meeting,
and take the dedicated hair of his head and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings.
19The priest shall take the ram's shoulder when it has been boiled, and one unleavened cake out of the basket
and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite after he has shaved his dedicated hair.
20'Then the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD.
It is holy for the priest, together with the breast offered by waving and the thigh offered by lifting up;
and afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.

- Numbers 6:18-20

Why dont you try pulling my other leg. What is Paul calling offering here?
I bet you want to say money, cash, kudi, etcetera, abi
?

Of course it's money

For reasons best known to you, you are either playing being ignorant here or behaving in an untrustworthy or deceitful way

Stop being insultive , just explain your points. Or I will stop communication with you. Let's excercise christian fruits .

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV Strong's)
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Acts 21:26 and Numbers 6:18-20 above blows this wide open,
and I wonder why you didnt notice Acts 24:18, where you easily would have found that Paul was mentioning being in a temple over a Nazarite Vow because the temple hasn't yet been destroyed.

Whichever way you look at it . It's still wrong . Offering is offering . If Paul offered Animal sacrifice why should you condemn tithe . If Paul offered money same

The “offerings” were the sacrifices which the Apostle was about to offer on the completion of the Nazarite vow with which he had associated himself.
- Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers

And offerings - The word used here properly denotes "an offering or gift" of any kind; but it is usually applied to an oblation or offering made to God in the temple - "a thank-offering, a sacrifice." This is probably its meaning here. He came to bring aid to his needy countrymen, and an offering to God; and it was, therefore, no part of his purpose to interfere with, or to profane the worship of the temple.
- Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Brother . The offering Paul gave were the special offerings the churches had been putting together every service for the saints in Jerusalem. Check your bible again. And also try put some humility in your communication so that when you make mistakes like this there will be room to take correction. But when you go all about throwing abusive words .when bible ever den ever proove you wrong , it May be difficult to accept. And that's waste of time . That's why I cut off when any poster start acting or talk nutty.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Malolu:
I am a Christian and am worried how teachings on tithes are suddenly becoming issues. We should learn to follow examples of our Lord Jesus, the one who intercedes for us before God (after all we are called Christians because of Christ's mediation). He didn't condemn tithing because His father recommended it for that tribe that has no inheritance. What makes a Christian? fellowship, love and sharing as exemplified by the apostles. From the statement of our Lord, it's not the important issue, even though he hadn't resurrected as at the time He made that statement. Christians that have been engaging in that weren't coerced to do so, they did it because they saw it as a means for the propagation of the gospel. It only becomes a concern when pastors quote scriptures from the prophets and law as if that preaches the new covenant. I am not against "tithing". God will definitely reward cheerful givers. Sad enough I heard something unusual in service today about the fact that non-tithers will not inherit the kingdom of God. Where in the Bible did our Lord make such statements? Didn't He say being born again (reborn by His Spirit and forsaking sin) is the only way. There's a need for some of our preachers to watch what they say when they preach. Just because you are anointed doesn't mean you should add to what God hasn't said or remove from it, adding to your wrath on judgement day.

Thank you bro
But i am against tithing
We shouldn't pay it at all
If you are obeying one of the laws, you are actually the debtor to the law because you cannot obey all the laws
This brings a curse on you
And anyone who obey the law is alienting himself from Christ and is falling away from grace
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 7:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

No tithe .. no offering but Collection

Going to bed
Lets continue later
God bless you

I asked you a question last night . You first said you believe in giving God offering later through your brother Counsel you denied believing giving in offering and you said you believe in collections in church. And I asked you, these collections ,what are they called ? Is it not offering ? Can I have your response pls?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
So Paul went to the Temple the next day with the other men.
They had already started the purification ritual,
so he publicly announced the date when their vows would end and sacrifices would be offered for each of them

- Acts 21:26

The Nazarite Vow
18The Nazirite shall then shave his dedicated head of hair at the doorway of the tent of meeting,
and take the dedicated hair of his head and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings.
19The priest shall take the ram's shoulder when it has been boiled, and one unleavened cake out of the basket
and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite after he has shaved his dedicated hair.
20'Then the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD.
It is holy for the priest, together with the breast offered by waving and the thigh offered by lifting up;
and afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.

- Numbers 6:18-20

Why dont you try pulling my other leg. What is Paul calling offering here?
I bet you want to say money, cash, kudi, etcetera, abi
?

For reasons best known to you, you are either playing being ignorant here or behaving in an untrustworthy or deceitful way

Acts 21:26 and Numbers 6:18-20 above blows this wide open,
and I wonder why you didnt notice Acts 24:18, where you easily would have found that Paul was mentioning being in a temple over a Nazarite Vow because the temple hasn't yet been destroyed.

The “offerings” were the sacrifices which the Apostle was about to offer on the completion of the Nazarite vow with which he had associated himself.
- Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers

And offerings - The word used here properly denotes "an offering or gift" of any kind; but it is usually applied to an oblation or offering made to God in the temple - "a thank-offering, a sacrifice." This is probably its meaning here. He came to bring aid to his needy countrymen, and an offering to God; and it was, therefore, no part of his purpose to interfere with, or to profane the worship of the temple.
- Barnes' Notes on the Bible

I hope the offering was not the laws type of offering
Or ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Tithes and offerings are eternal principles . There's a temple in heaven . And in the new world there will be offerings
pls do me a great favour by quoting where "tithes and offerings are eternal principles" in the scriptures...enough of manipulating d scriptures...just show it to me....and while u r at it,pls show me where pastors were appointed 2 receive "monetary tithes" on behalf of Jesus christ....am waiting...
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

I asked you a question last night . You first said you believe in giving God offering later through your brother Counsel you denied believing giving in offering and you said you believe in collections in church. And I asked you, these collections ,what are they called ? Is it not offering ? Can I have your response pls?

Go back and read what i said
I believe in offering
But i use the name offering and collection interchangeably
Yes .. the collection is also an offering but its not the same offering in the law ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:01am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Or ??

Waitin. . .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:16am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

I believe in offering

I appreciate your honesty

But i use the name offering and collection interchangeably
Yes .. the collection is also an offering but its not the same offering in the law ??

It's just like borrowing and lending . Whatever you give is an offering ,whatever you collect or receive is a collection. It depends on who the subject is. Brethren don't give collection. They give offerings. The official recieves or collect "collection"

collection is also an offering but its not the same offering in the law ??

It's not an issue . What matter is the principles . It's a principle to worship God with an offering. Whatever your offering may be . Either cash , live animal or burnt animal . Whatever you offer to God is an offering . Same goes for tithes . We are not under Leviticus's system but tithes and offerings pre existed the Levitical system. So the fact that leviticslmsystem came and gone doesn't put an end to the principles of the kingdom of God which was already there.

If I give tithe . I'm not giving it because the law says so. If I give offering I'm not giving it because the law say so? Like wisely if I give Alms to the poor. If I call on God in prayer I do it because they were principles of Gods kingdom through the ages . And they never stop.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2017
if tithe,according 2 some of my fellow brothers who tithe,was an "eternal principle" based on d fact that it was "pre-law",can we now categorically claim or say that "burnt offerings" and "circumcision" were also eternal principles since dese practices existed before the law?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

I appreciate your honesty

It's just like borrowing and lending . Whatever you give is an offering ,whatever you collect or receive is a collection. It depends on who the subject is. Brethren don't give collection. They give offerings. The official recieves or collect "collection"

It's not an issue . What matter is the principles . It's a principle to worship God with an offering. Whatever your offering may be . Either cash , live animal or burnt animal . Whatever you offer to God is an offering . Same goes for tithes . We are not under Leviticus's system but tithes and offerings pre existed the Levitical system. So the fact that leviticslmsystem came and gone doesn't put an end to the principles of the kingdom of God which was already there.

If I give tithe . I'm not giving it because the law says so. If I give offering I'm not giving it because the law say so? Like wisely if I give Alms to the poor. If I call on God in prayer I do it because they were principles of Gods kingdom through the ages . And they never stop.

Good
But tithe is a law
God Himself called it a law though it existed before the law
Likewise circumsision existed before the law but is classified as a law
And Paul said if anyone practise it ... Christ will be of no profit to him or her and he or she will be a debtor to the whole law
Thus .. the person will be under a curse
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Good
But tithe is a law
And Paul said if anyone practise it ... Christ will be of no profit to him or her and he or she will be a debtor to the whole law
tithe unfortunately never existed b4 d law....I know many ministers wrongly use the Abraham's gesture to Melchizedek....unfortunately, Abraham was neither obligated nor under any so called principle wen he gave
Melchizedek a tenth of the war spoils....after Melchizedek offered him food and wine....
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

tithe unfortunately never existed b4 d law....I know many ministers wrongly use the Abraham's gesture to Melchizedek....unfortunately, Abraham was neither obligated nor under any so called principle wen he gave
Melchizedek a tenth of the war spoils....after Melchizedek offered him food and wine....

I mean Abraham paid tithe before it actually became a law ..
But it is still a law
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

You must contribute to the the church and charity .. its good
But tithe is a law
And you must not follow the law
Galatians 3:10-12
10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”
11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”
12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

Since you cannot abide by all thing written in the law
You are actually inviting curses for yourself
And note ... no one is justified by the law

Please go and pray about it
I don't know what you mean by curse. I have always been having tremendous progress physically, spiritually and financially in my life and derives great joy in all my giving both to church and mankind. Please if you are aversive to tithe and it favours you, then go ahead. I have decided to worship GOD with all my substance and the truth is that the more I gives, I get it back hundred fold. I cannot even remember when last I fell sick, probably 20 years ago. I travelled by air and road always and no accident. GOD has been very good to me and I am so grateful for that. I will always continue to render financial offerings to the church, be it tithe, normal offerings, Sunday School offerings, Needy offering etc.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:06am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

I mean Abraham paid tithe before it actually became a law ..
But it is still a law
not according 2 d definition of tithe...whether law or pre-law....going by the tithe definition, Abraham wud have given Melchizedek a 10 of while he kept the rest of the 90% but he instead gave it to the king of Sodom...remember the war spoils were gotten wen Abraham went to rescue his nephew lot....not from his possession of his farm produce or his earnings according 2 some ministers....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
I don't know what you mean by curse. I have always been having tremendous progress physically, spiritually and financially in my life and derives great joy in all my giving both to church and mankind. Please if you are aversive to tithe and it favours you, then go ahead. I have decided to worship GOD with all my substance and the truth is that the more I gives, I get it back hundred fold. I cannot even remember when last I fell sick, probably 20 years ago. I travelled by air and road always and no accident. GOD has been very good to me and I am so grateful for that. I will always continue to render financial offerings to the church, be it tithe, normal offerings, Sunday School offerings, Needy offering etc.

The bible didnt state curse of the law being suffering
The people under the law couldnt observe the law but were never suffering
It has nothing to do with suffering
Only God knows what this curse actually is
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

not according 2 d definition of tithe...whether law or pre-law....going by the tithe definition, Abraham wud have given Melchizedek a 10 of while he kept the rest of the 90% but he instead gave it to the king of Sodom...remember the war spoils were gotten wen Abraham went to rescue his nephew lot....not from his possession of his farm produce or his earnings according 2 some ministers....

So you mean what he paid wasnt tithe
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2017
dsaynt:

I'm glad you do these things..you should actually help grow the ministry but NOT because a pastor threatens you with Malachi verses but because you are led to do so. God loves a cheerful giver. Please na freewill offering you dey give because your pastor no be levites and hence what he is collecting from you can't be tithe.
That's a fact.
Take care and may God continue to bless you as you give to his ministry .
Shalom
Thanks. May the Lord continue to shine the light of his countenance on you. My views on givings in the house of God is different. Mine is to give (blessed is the hand that giveth than the one that taketh), I do not have any obligation whatsoever to investigate or find out how pastors are using the money, that is their (pastor) problem. I stand to be corrected, I have not seen anywhere in the bible that permits or command givers of offerings (in the church/synagogue) to always find out how their money is used.

God is capable of overseeing all that has to do with his house (church). Remember what happens to the son of Eli when they were eating God's food. So, vengeance belongs to God. Mine is that I always want the House of God not to lack financially.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

But tithe is a law

Not worshiping idol is a law also . So do you now worship idol?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Thank you bro
But i am against tithing
We shouldn't pay it at all
If you are obeying one of the laws, you are actually the debtor to the law because you cannot obey all the laws
This brings a curse on you
And anyone who obey the law is alienting himself from Christ and is falling away from grace

Yeah, Epistle of Paul to the Galatians explain it all. We are now justified by our faith and the "law of Christ" of which is love/charity. Through Christ, we now have His Spirit. It's important for you as a Christian to solely depend on this inner witness. Now, what if the Spirit tells you to give all your salary for a month, would you cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:
Of course it's money
Paul stayed in Corinth for some time after that, then said good-bye to the brothers and sisters and went to nearby Cenchrea. There he shaved his head according to Jewish custom, marking the end of a vow. Then he set sail for Syria, taking Priscilla and Aquila with him.
- Acts 18:18

It is not money
You dont offer money to fulfil a Nazarite vow
You offer animal sacrifice (i.e. a lamb) to complete the vow, not money

petra1:
Stop being insultive, just explain your points.
Or I will stop communication with you. Let's excercise christian fruits .

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV Strong's)
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient
Dont be paranoid, I havent being insulting to you one minute, it is you who has totally been disregarding and disrespecting the truth when exposed to you

petra1:
Whichever way you look at it . It's still wrong. Offering is offering. If Paul offered Animal sacrifice why should you condemn tithe. If Paul offered money same
Its you who incorrectly is saying in Acts 24:17, Paul offerred money for a Nazarite vow
No one offers money for fulfiling a Nazarite vow. Why are you so fixated on money?
The offerings are animal sacrifices as per Numbers 6:13-20 guidance, not money brother

petra1:
Brother. The offering Paul gave were the special offerings the churches had been putting together every service for the saints in Jerusalem. Check your bible again
13‘Now this is the law of the Nazirite when the days of his separation are fulfilled, he shall bring the offering to the doorway of the tent of meeting.
14‘He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,
15and a basket of unleavened cakes of fine flour mixed with oil and unleavened wafers spread with oil, along with their grain offering and their drink offering.
16‘Then the priest shall present them before the LORD and shall offer his sin offering and his burnt offering.
17‘He shall also offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD, together with the basket of unleavened cakes; the priest shall likewise offer its grain offering and its drink offering.
18‘The Nazirite shall then shave his dedicated head of hair at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and take the dedicated hair of his head and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings.
19‘The priest shall take the ram’s shoulder when it has been boiled, and one unleavened cake out of the basket and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite after he has shaved his dedicated hair.
20‘Then the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD. It is holy for the priest, together with the breast offered by waving and the thigh offered by lifting up; and afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.’

- Numbers 6:13-20

The bible is explicit in what Paul brought
For such an occasion like this,
the bible made it clear Paul that brought two things, ALMS (i.e. a donation to the poor) & OFFERING (i.e. Numbers 6:13-20 Nazarite vow offering)

petra1:
And also try put some humility in your communication so that when you make mistakes like this there will be room to take correction. But when you go all about throwing abusive words .when bible ever den ever proove you wrong, it May be difficult to accept. And that's waste of time. That's why I cut off when any poster start acting or talk nutty.
You really are none the wiser. SMH
I was going to say this is a complete waste of time but then you will start getting the hump again and go on about being insultive
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:
Or ??
13‘Now this is the law of the Nazirite when the days of his separation are fulfilled, he shall bring the offering to the doorway of the tent of meeting.
14‘He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,
15and a basket of unleavened cakes of fine flour mixed with oil and unleavened wafers spread with oil, along with their grain offering and their drink offering.
16‘Then the priest shall present them before the LORD and shall offer his sin offering and his burnt offering.
17‘He shall also offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD, together with the basket of unleavened cakes; the priest shall likewise offer its grain offering and its drink offering.
18‘The Nazirite shall then shave his dedicated head of hair at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and take the dedicated hair of his head and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings.
19‘The priest shall take the ram’s shoulder when it has been boiled, and one unleavened cake out of the basket and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite after he has shaved his dedicated hair.
20‘Then the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD. It is holy for the priest, together with the breast offered by waving and the thigh offered by lifting up; and afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.’

the bible made it clear Paul that brought two things, ALMS (i.e. a donation to the poor) & OFFERING (i.e. Numbers 6:13-20 Nazarite vow offering)

They were of the laws type of offering aka Levitical offerings
Paul was caught between a rock and a hard place, so he succumbed to this custom along with four other Jewish brethen, if I recall their number correctly
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2017
petra1:

Not worshiping idol is a law also . So do you now worship idol?
No Im under grace or the law of christ It requires me to love God and my neighbours Therefore if i love God .. will i worship idols ?? No I have obeyed Christs' law not the OT law
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 23, 2017
Malolu:

Yeah, Epistle of Paul to the Galatians explain it all. We are now justified by our faith and the "law of Christ" of which is love/charity. Through Christ, we now have His Spirit. It's important for you as a Christian to solely depend on this inner witness. Now, what if the Spirit tells you to give all your salary for a month, would you cheesy

Yeah, Epistle of Paul to the Galatians explain it all. We are now justified by our faith and the "law of Christ" of which is love/charity. Through Christ, we now have His Spirit. It's important for you as a Christian to solely depend on this inner witness. Now, what if the Spirit tells you to give all your salary for a month, would you

I will

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:18am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
its so funny how u attribute our success or safety or health 2 d fact dat u pay tithes....are u saying dose who have died Dis year or last year weren't tithe payers?
are u also saying all dose who safely travel by air are all tithe payers?
Or wat wud u say about me who is wealthy and healthy without a single tithe payment?
ur tithe payment isn't d reason why u r healthy or prosperous or being safe from harm's way....its by the grace of God which has been GIVEN to ALL men irrespective of ur colour,country,or spiritual status...
So wat wud u say about a guy who has been paying tithes for years and yet he is still in debts....?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

They were of the laws type of offering aka Levitical offerings
Paul was caught between a rock and a hard place, so he succumbed to this custom along with four other Jewish brethen, if I recall their number correctly

Ok
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:22am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

So you mean what he paid wasnt tithe
but its right there in d scriptures not from human manipulation....u can check up genesis 12...
dere is no similarity btw wat Abraham gave to Melchizedek and tithes....absolutely none...
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 23, 2017
kolaish:
Thanks. May the Lord continue to shine the light of his countenance on you. My views on givings in the house of God is different. Mine is to give (blessed is the hand that giveth than the one that taketh), I do not have any obligation whatsoever to investigate or find out how pastors are using the money, that is their (pastor) problem. I stand to be corrected, I have not seen anywhere in the bible that permits or command givers of offerings (in the church/synagogue) to always find out how their money is used.

God is capable of overseeing all that has to do with his house (church). Remember what happens to the son of Eli when they were eating God's food. So, vengeance belongs to God. Mine is that I always want the House of God not to lack financially.

Dont you think satanists are also enjoying what you are also enjoying
Do you think its because of tithing
Its just by grace
Because there are people who preach .. tithe .. fast .. give alms etc but still fall sick and are not really rich
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 23, 2017
openmine:

but its right there in d scriptures not from human manipulation....u can check up genesis 12...
dere is no similarity btw wat Abraham gave to Melchizedek and tithes....absolutely none...

But Hebrews 7:2 says Abraham paid tithe
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

No
Im under grace or the law of christ
It requires me to love God and my neighbours
Therefore if i love God .. will i worship idols ?? No
I have obeyed Christs' law not the OT law

What about gay and incest . Why did Paul condemn it After all it's by mutual consent .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by kolaish(m): 9:33am On Jan 23, 2017
Junia:

Dont you think satanists are also enjoying what you are also enjoying
Do you think its because of tithing
Its just by grace
Because there are people who preach .. tithe .. fast .. give alms etc but still fall sick and are not really rich
I have a personal wonderful relationship with God. Spiritually, I am very sound. Satanists and others who don't know God knows why they are doing that, that is their own problem. For me and my family, we shall continue to worship God all the days of our life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (38) (Reply)

Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Stephanie Otobo And Apostle Suleman's Snapchat Video Screenshots Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.