Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss (59789 Views)

10 Ethical Traits Of A Writer - By Jimson Jaat Taofik / How To Use Reading To Become A Better Writer By Leo Babauta / A love story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by queenitee(f): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2017
Riri for Heaven's sake,ahn ahn...Think think, if everything is alright,do you think he would ask you to steal the documents..

Henry,you will pay for this
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by dammyluv911(f): 8:20am On Apr 04, 2017
so many secrets.d story just start.I luv did may ink to ur pen dear.ur such a good writer
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Alennsar(f): 8:29am On Apr 04, 2017
Redeem can never be wise.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Chumzypinky(f): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2017
Hmm
i'm thinking this is going to be the toughest story Buttersss ever wrote. So many stories attached.
So many things to be exposed.
And i love it. Kip it up darling

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Raychellasam(f): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2017
am so loving this story....Well done angelsss
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Lolsd: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2017
I av never met a stupid dum idiot like riri in most novel ! she is really a love sick person kilode d gal is so irritating ... I just disown dat gal.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by vivienD: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
I think riri and deji will end up together.. This Henry of a guy is just too scary embarassed...I think it's Tola that is behind the text messages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by nikz(f): 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
Secrets! Secrets and more secrets and the jist is just starting. Suspense filled though
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by queenitee(f): 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
vivienD:
I think riri and deji will end up together.. This Henry of a guy is just too scary embarassed...I think it's Tola that is behind the text messages
My thought exactly
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by marychommy(f): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Riri will turn Henry straight cos I kn very well he is sick. He will end up loving her so much DAT he can't help himself. Tola and Deji will end together datz if she doesn't commit suicide before den.Don't and can't see d chances of Riri and Deji together. Tola may not be d sender of dos messages
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by saraphina(f): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
marychommy:
Riri will turn Henry straight cos I kn very well he is sick. He will end up loving her so much DAT he can't help himself. Tola and Deji will end together datz if she doesn't commit suicide before den.Don't and can't see d chances of Riri and Deji together. Tola may not be d sender of dos messages
I concur sis..Henry for the Riri joooo...Team HenRi....
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Twinkle004(f): 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
Am guessing Henry is more dangerous than Deji. I see Deji has a player and Henry has a devil. But Buttress has the final say., let see how this turn out.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
I am happy you all enjoy the story. Sorry I don't reply comments, but I'll work on that. What gives me joy is when readers love my work.#cheers!
#team#Henri? or #Deri?
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Raychellasam(f): 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
Am definitely shipping Henri.....I kind of like the mystery surrounding that guy.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
I had made up my mind about Deji, I was going to do Henry’s bidding and I would get those documents for him, but first, I had to put on an act.
‘Where are you going’? Mfon asked.
‘I would tell you girls when I am back, for now, sleep well’ I winked and rushed out of the house. It wasn’t about luck or anything, but I always found a cab whenever I needed one.

That night, I would think of no one, not Deji or Henry but just myself and how I had grown into this mischievous little witch. Back in the days before I lost my innocence, I’d never listen twice to something like that which Henry had proposed, but here I was looking forward to this little game of deceit. I yearned for the day, I would look him in the eye, then Henry must have taken over Sazad foods, I would tell him of the part I played.
He was surely going to be hurt once he found out I was involved, definitely two could play that game.
‘Hawks seek to take what isn’t theirs, hawks are never a good sign’ i looked at my phone mortified, this was getting out of hand. Zee had spoken those exact words to me, why was she playing pranks? I would call her out on this one, I wasn’t enjoying her game, I hated mind games. I was very sure, Zee was behind those messages.

My hands went to the necklace as I read the text, hawks were never a good sign, hawks seek to take what isn’t theirs. It sounded like a proverb, only that I wasn’t interested neither did I understand.
The man dropped me at Deji’s place and I stepped out feeling déjà vu, I remembered coming to his house on many occasions, I loved him very much but he toyed with my heart.

Are you ready to do this? Once you enter his house, you are never coming out? A voice whispered to me.

‘Yes I am’ I replied and knocked on his door. I knocked thrice but there was no answer? Wasn’t anybody home?

‘Hello dear, can I help you’? a shirtless young man smiled at me.

‘Hi, I’m looking for Deji Williams’ I replied nervously, I noticed he shared some resemblance with my ex boyfriend.

‘And you are’? Jake’s eyes raked the woman before him. She was very beautiful, tall, slender and lightskinned and she looked smart. Was that the Temitola his cousin had spoken off?
He had decided to join Deji in search of any secret plan the Tosin’s may be hatching, but he found nothing, he found something quite interesting about Sazad foods which he planned to share with his cousin who’d returned minutes ago.

‘Redeemed, an old friend’ I replied, immediately I mentioned my name, his eyes changed and I didn’t like what I saw in them. I saw pity. I almost turned back as I realized Deji must have told him about me, God knows if he even told him how he played me.

‘Oh, come on right in’ he widened the door. I hated this man instantly, I despised him for pitying me, I was going to bring Deji to his knees.

‘Who’s that Jake’? I heard Deji call to him.

‘Come on out bro, this one is yours’ Jake smiled kindly at me and I returned it.
I glanced around the house that used to be my haven, I suddenly felt sick as my eyes wandered to the table where Deji had made love to me, I rose to my feet, I wouldn’t do this, it was too much for me to bear.

‘Are you okay? What can I offer you’? Jake noticed my discomfort.

‘Nothing. I Have to go, don’t tell your friend I was here’ I rushed towards the door but the sound of his voice stopped me. I didn’t realize he could still affect me this much.
‘Redeemed’? Deji was shocked to see her there, she was the last person he had expected to see, but there she was, her back facing him.

‘I can do this’ I clenched my teeth. I would go through with the plan.

‘Deji….’ I turned and offered him a weak smile, what I saw in his eyes baffled me, he seemed very happy to see me.

‘Redeemed I am so sorry, I know I wronged you, please forgive me, please’ he was already on his knees before could say another word.
From the corner of my eye, I noticed the other guy had walked away, so I was left standing with a kneeling Deji, I didn’t know what to do.

‘Deji, get up, get up, I don’t like this’ I struggled to hold the pain I felt right there, but I held myself from crying, he could never see me weak. I would never cry for him.
‘Does that mean you have forgiven me’? he asked desperately
‘Yes, I realize this life is too short to hold grudges, you used me and dumped me, shit happens we get over it’ I replied.
‘I’m sorry Redeemed, I’m sorry for the way I humiliated you, I pushed you away and treated you like you didn’t matter, please forgive me’ he pressed on.

‘It’s okay, but you have to promise, that you’ll never hurt another woman like that’ I said.

‘No, I wouldn’t’ he couldn’t believe his luck, so she’d just forgiven him like that?

‘Good. I have to go now, I’m sorry I blocked you from my face book; I’ll unblock your lines’ I replied.

‘Thanks so much Redeemed, you don’t know what this means to me. Thanks very much’ Deji threw his arms round me.

‘It’s okay’ he broke away when his friend returned. I noticed he was crying.

‘Deji, I just discovered something else’ Jake paused, he felt he’d just interrupted a moment.

‘Alright Deji, I have to go now, talk to you later’ I needed to take my leave, I had bought my way into his heart, the game had just begun.

‘No, stay, let me make you something to eat’ he pulled me back.

‘It’s getting late Deji, maybe some other time’ I smiled. Why was he so nice? I don’t remember him being this nice when we were dating.

‘No Riri, if you’ve really forgiven me, you’ll eat at my house, please, even though it’s late, you could sleep over or I drop you off’ his eyes were pleading.

‘Okay, a meal wouldn’t hurt’ I obliged him, I had to play well.
‘I’ve never seen my cousin cook for a woman’ Jake warmed up to Riri as they sat by the dining table waiting for Deji to make dinner.

‘Really? I guess your cousin likes me’ I winked. I knew his type, Jake was friendly and jovial, I liked people like him.

‘Here here guys’ Deji returned with a plate of noodles each and fried egg.

‘Here was I deluding myself that the chef would prepare something worthwhile’ Jake teased.

‘Jake, don’t be an ingrate, it actually smells nice’ I stood with Deji who stared daggers at his cousin.

‘Oh come on, I’m just joking’ Jake laughed.

‘Let me get you something to drink, your favorite’ he winked and dashed back into the kitchen.
I had never seen Deji this way before, even while we were dating, he’d never shown be this caring side of him.

‘Here dear’ he offered me a bottle of blue wine. That broke my heart, so he remembered?

‘Thanks so much Deji’ I replied weakly.

‘So how’s your job with Henry, I hope you’re enjoying it’ he asked.
‘Yes I am, he is a very nice boss’ I scooped the food into my mouth.
‘Really’? Deji and Jake exchanged glances.

‘What’s that’? I asked.

‘I’m sure you heard about the merger, my company had some financial troubles, so we merged with the Tosins, that’s part of the reason I came to Henry’s office the day before’ Deji explained.

‘Oh? I’m just hearing about the merger for the first time’ I replied.

‘I don’t regret asking you to reject that job from Olive groves’ Deji said again, our eyes met as he spoke those words to me.

That was the day Jenny had walked in on us, I’d told him about Olive Groves and he’d dissuaded me from taking up the job offer.

‘Why do you hate the company so much’? I tore my eyes away from him, that flash of memory still hurt me but I had to play along.

‘Deji?’ Jake called his cousin.

‘No let me tell her, I trust her’ he said.

‘I feel Henry Oluwatosin is a very dishonest person, I don’t want you to trust him, I’m still watching him though.’ Deji said.
I looked at his eyes the whole time, he seemed sincere and so sure of himself.

‘Okay, I’d be careful’ I replied, I lost my appetite, after what Deji said to me. Something was happening and I felt I was being dragged into it. Henry had said the same about Deji, who was I to believe?

‘So Jake, what did you have to tell me’? Deji noticed I had gone quiet.

‘Not right now bro, later’ Jake watched me for some minutes.

‘Are you kidding me? This is Redeemed, I know her very well’ Deji scoffed.

‘Okay then’ Jake replied.

My ears itched to hear what he had to say. I wasn’t going back on my plans, when had Deji turned a saint to judge others? Especially my darling Henry who’d given me a crystal necklace?

‘Since you couldn’t find whatever you were looking for, I did some myself, since you so much believe Henry was dangerous.’ Jake paused and drank some water.

‘Go straight to the point’ Deji sounded eager to find dirt on Henry.

‘Well, I found out Sazad foods was a cemetery for unknown Nigerians back in the seventies’ Jake explained.

‘And’? Deji asked.

‘And nothing else, that’s all I could find. It could be helpful you know’ Jake said.

‘You’re full of crap you know that? How does that help us take back our company’? Deji didn’t sound pleased.

‘Please listen to your heart’ my phone buzzed and I rushed to read the message.

‘I really have to go now, see you later Deji’ I was pissed, Zee had reached her limit.

‘You’re going? Okay, let me drop you’ he rose to his feet.

‘No, thanks for everything, call me. Bye’ I rushed out of his house. Being near him affected me and I didn’t like the way I was feeling.

‘I wondered why she left like that’ Deji rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

‘Who knows? Maybe speaking ill of her boss irked her’ Jake answered.

‘Just shut up,’ Deji wouldn’t indulge him.

‘Seriously, you know Henry is hot right? I’m imagining those two in an office romance thing, maybe you just spoke ill of her boyfriend’ he laughed and rushed out of the living room knowing Deji would rip his head off.

‘She could never love a guy like Henry’ Deji felt slightly jealous, what if his cousin was right?

‘Don’t tell me you believe that, Henry is way hotter than you are, and he isn’t a Bleep boy’ Jake returned.

‘You don’t have to call me that, I am changed’ Deji’s heart sank. He remembered the way he treated women especially Riri, what if she was going out with Henry? What if he treated her better?

‘Tell that to the birds’ Jake laughed.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
Darling Diary,
I have never been in this kind of situation, seeing him on his knees brought back hidden memories. Lord help me.

I had returned late, the girls were already asleep so I dint bother them. I had enough time to think, now I was quite sure, the text messages came from Zainab, that was settled. Though Deji’s apology appeared sincere, I still had to hurt him the way he did me, so I was forging ahead with Henry’s plan. He’d spoke of Henry like one he’d a grudge against, I was going to help bring Sazad foods down.

‘Why didn’t you return home early’? Zee’s voice startled me. I ignored her, what reason did she have by sending those text messages.
The day was already bright, the mild sun was growing horns and I knew I would be a sunny day, birds flew in groups across the azury skies. It was going to be a beautiful day, I loved that feeling.
I equally noticed a change in myself, I felt more happy, more confident and relaxed. Did this hhave anything to do with Deji or Henry’s attention?

‘Redeemed’? she’d climbed out of bed.

‘Zainab, why have you been troubling my life with those text messages, what kind of game is that’? I snapped angrily at her.

‘Excuse me? What are you talking about? What text messages’? she blinked.
‘Those messages of warning. I received two yesterday, and one were the very words you spoke to me before I left this house. How do you explain that? I don’t like your games’ I had to warn her.

‘You’re out of your mind. Why would I want to scare you? I’m not a creep or a psycho. Why are you saying all these? Don’t you want me in your house anymore? You know I’m only here cause Didi is away.’ She asked me, sounding a bit pained by my accusation.

‘No, I didn’t mean it that way, it’s just that they really sound like you’ I was still not convinced.

‘Okay, here are my phones, go through them, if you see any message resembling those you receive, you’re free to crucify me’ she offered me her phones.
From the serious look she gave me, I knew she wasn’t lying, so who was behind the texts?

‘I’m sorry’ I sighed and fell on the bed.

‘I’m sorry too, I told you to calm down, we’ll find a way out of this, I promise, I’ll help you catch the culprit’ she gave me a hand squeeze.

‘Thanks Zee’ I sighed. I had to tell Henry what I had heard from Deji’s cousin Jake, maybe it could help but I doubted it.

‘What troubles you’? She asked.

‘I’m fine, I have a question. Uhmmmm, if dead bodies are left on a land for long periods of time, what do you think would happen to that land’? I asked. Or were the Williams into rituals? I didn’t want to follow that line of thought, it was too superstitious.

‘Well, if dead bodies are left on a piece of land for a long time, they would decay. That’s your answer’ Zee said.
‘Really? No, there has to be another answer’ I rolled my eyes, there had to be something deeper.

‘Why are you asking anywhere’? she watched me intently, I didn’t like her penetrating gaze, I knew she wanted to read me, so I averted my eyes.

‘Just answer the question’ I replied.

‘Well, I did chemistry back then, if dead bodies or any kind of organic matter are left on the soil for long, there’s a chance, hydrocarbons could be produced. Something like crude oil or any kind of useful soil mineral.’ She answered.

‘Did you just say crude oil? I thought that was found in riverine areas’ I asked.

‘Yes, mostly, but you cannot rule this other possibility out especially if the dead bodies were numerous’ she answered.

‘Oh my God’ I was starting to understand it all, did that mean the land Sazad foods was built on had traces of crude oil? Why was Deji unaware of that? And did Henry know about that? If he knew, then I’d begin to question his true intention.

‘You went to see him’ Zee spoke quietly, still watching me.

‘Stop reading me, your scam won’t work this time’ I closed my eyes.

‘He came visiting, knelt down and cried and you bought his charms and went to his house. Are you okay’? Zee scoffed.

‘Funny.’ Yes, I went to Deji’s house but that didn’t mean a thing, I was only using him to help Henry, so Zee’s confident look made me laugh.
‘I’m I lying’? she sounded so confident.

‘No, you aren’t lying, but you are wrong about it all’ I found it more hilarious, whenever she poked her head sidewards like some shrink.

‘We’ll see about that’ she rubbed her chin.
He couldn’t remember the events of the night clearly, but he knew he had took too much liquor and probably made a fool of himself at the bar.
Well, if the world knew half of the problems he carried, then, they’d sympathize with him. He’d been a photographer for years, he’d left Nigeria for America for twenty years, he’d come back after he’d lost everything on a bet. No one knew why he gambled or lived such an alcoholic life, he was in pain, and he lived in fear.

‘Where I’m I’? his eyes tried to adjust to the dimly lit room.

Berger Oluwatosin was the first son of Chief Oluwatosin and brother to Henry Oluwatosin, unlike his brother, he had no hunger for business, he was drawn to the arts. After many years of fighting with his father, the old man had to let him go pursue his dreams.

The first few years were hell for him, as his father refused to offer him any kind of financial support. He’d struggled on his own, it was in one of those days of hustling that some men captured him and beat him to pulp, they’d even stabbed him and left him out to die, that wasn’t what had hurt him most, the men had spoken one name, the name of the man that was sent to kill him. The man was his blood and only brother.

After his recovery, he’d gone into hiding, but he was now broke and had no other option to come home to beg his father for assistance, even if it meant dying in the hands of Henry, but Henry also had been a little careless with a secret he planned to reveal to their father.

‘Who’s there’? the door creaked slightly and a stream of sunlight illuminated the room.
There was no answer but footsteps. Berger rose to his feet, what if his psycho brother had heard of his return? What if he had come to silence him for good?

‘How downtrodden you have become Berger, you were to be the firstborn but your brother has taken your place’ the Chief trotted in.

‘Father…’ Berger sensed the all too familiar presence of the man who’d rejected him.

‘I told them you weren’t my son when they brought you drunk last night, but they showed me your particulars, why do you live to shame me’? the man’s face was now visible. He wasn’t pleased with his son.

‘Father, is this how you welcome a son you haven’t seen in years’? Berger felt disappointed.

‘So, I’m to open my arms and welcome you as the prodigal in the parable’? the man sneered.

‘I wish you cared a little about me, I am not ready for your mockery, so I think I’ll have to take my leave’ Berger rushed to the door.

‘You need my help, and you know that’ the old man said.

‘Well, if that help means listening to harsh and mocking words, then I’d rather die than get your help. You’ve abandoned me once, this time wouldn’t kill me’ Berger replied.
‘You haven’t asked of your brother, are you equally envious of him’? the man asked.

‘I could never envy that psycho son of yours. One day, you’ll come to realize that the one you love would always be the betrayer’ Berger answered. if only his father knew what Henry was planning behind his back.
Henry had tried to kill him, so he’d take over all the properties and company owned by their father all for himself, he had found Berger to be a threat.

‘If you have something to say, then say it, you know your brother is loyal to me, don’t come between us’ his father snapped at him.

‘I wasn’t here to discuss that, I need a hundred million dollars from you, I need to start my life over’ Berger asked hoping his father would grant him his request.

‘What makes you think I could give your lazy ass such amount of money’? the man hissed.

‘Well, I have something I’m willing to sell’ a smile played on Berger’s lips.

‘And what cheapness could that be’? the man asked.

‘Search for this company called ‘Black Hawk’, when you’re done, I need my money’ Berger replied and stormed out of the house.

He’d seen the confusion on the man’s face, Henry would soon be exposed.

‘My brother is back, looking so hale and hearty’ Henry was startled to see him, those idiots had failed to kill him, but he would try again.

‘Hello brother’ Berger teased. He’d learnt the ways of Henry and he had to be very careful this time.

‘What brings you back here?’ Henry took calculated steps towards him, in a bid to intimidate him, but Berger was unmoved. This Berger, looked very different and it scared Henry. When your enemy became suddenly confident, it meant, they had found themselves a source of strength.
‘That’s my business, now if you’ll excuse me, I have very important matters to attend to’ Berger smiled and walked away.

‘Important matters eh’? Henry tickled his beards. Berger was up to something and whatever it was, would jeopardize everything he’d worked for, all his plans.
His phone buzzed.

‘The bitch’ he mused and wondered if she’d gotten any vital information about Deji Williams, the man that had become a pain in the ass.

‘Goodmorning sir’ Tola’s voice was shaky.
‘Morning sweet pea, what have you gotten for me’? he asked impatiently.
‘I’m still working sir, but Deji thinks you don’t like him.’ Tola replied.
‘That doesn’t mean a thing, I don’t like him too, I need substance, so hurry else I destroy your reputation’ he threatened.
‘Please don’t hurt me, I promise to do as you say’ Tola broke into sobs.
‘Good girl.’ He smiled.

‘Henry…’ his father walked towards him.
‘Good morning father’ he bowed his head.
‘Have you met your long lost brother Berger’? the man asked.
‘Yes father, what does he want’? Henry tried to pry.
‘He needs money’ the old man chuckled.
‘Then give him money and let him vanish’ Henry was irritated by Berger’s presence.
‘Hmmmm, alright then, I’ll do as you have said’ the old man nodded.

‘Good. I have to leave now, we have a lot of work to do’ he walked away leaving the old man startled.
‘Black Hawk’ Chief Tosin repeated the words. He wondered why Henry wasn’t excited or interested in knowing about Berger’s life. Something wasn’t right, what if Henry had a secret plan he was oblivious of?

He needed to send a message to his spies, they had to find the meaning of ‘Black Hawk’ and what or who it represented.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Chummypinky(f): 10:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
nice one ma,hmmmmm henry be careful man
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by mirob(f): 11:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hmmm, this story is getting tough, I love the suspense, nice one Buttersss.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by honourable356(m): 12:35am On Apr 05, 2017
From an amazing action writer called ironkurtain and Eze2000 to a certain one hell of a writer.., a pure suspense specialist called fiyah and Tiffany to a multitalented magician called Solomonbrown to a heavily pregnant Lady,the master of simple words outrageously talented in her own way called chumzypikny and now a certain buttersss I read her work and marvel at what her brain can do...I read on with great admiration and a smile on my face...

How I wish those who could click the right button to make these stories public...and the writers heavily compensated are reading
How.I wish I could say something to inspire them more..

Ladies and gents,It gives me unspeakable joy to relate with you guys...indeed i am proud of you all...
You guys are indeed a solution to your generation!
May God continue to inspire and bless the work of your hands.
Extra grace!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by princessadeola(f): 6:15am On Apr 05, 2017
Its well
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by vivienD: 7:44am On Apr 05, 2017
this Henry is a real devil... I still think deji and riri will end up together considering the fact that she is still affected by him..
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Raychellasam(f): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2017
Dear Henry, why don't u try and be a little nice for the sake of hopeless romantics like us shipping you with Riri# ejoor sir.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by queenitee(f): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2017
OMG,this is getting hotter
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Missmossy(f): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2017
This is getting heated, Redeemed would be a fool twice i dislike girls like her undecided big time. Keep it coming Buttersss more wisdom, strength and inspiration to you dear.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by teebee22(f): 10:05am On Apr 05, 2017
Angelsss!!! how many times did I call you. pls don't kill me o. am tucking falling in love with this story over and over again.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Adesina12: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2017
This write up deserve Front Page

Lalacticlala, seun o ya FP please
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by kevwe10(f): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2017
heee Riri what will be the outcome of what she's about to do,nice one more update pls am waiting
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2017
nice write up swithrt.bring it on
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Kamelot77(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2017
nyc one
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2017
He knew he didn’t have much time before his cover was blown, from the look on Berger’s face, he’d come prepared. This made him have a re-think, in the past, he’d plotted to kill both his father and Berger, but the wisdom of the old man would serve him in future, so he’d decided to keep him alive. Maybe it was time to end his life.

He had a secret, no one else knew about it but him and those he worked with, he had secretly established a shipping company in America and London, with funds from Olive Groves, his business had crumbled the financial strength of Olive Groves, but his father wasn’t aware of this. This was because, when it was time to go through the accounts, he would present the man fake account documents, that was why he rushed to merge with Sazad foods, hoping Olive Groves could diversify to save it from future shame.

‘Black Hawk’ was the name of the shipping company, her emblem like the name implied was a black hawk, Hawks always took whatever they wanted, he was a hawk and a proud one. He fetched his phone and quickly dialed his workers overseas.

‘Goodmorning sir’ the man greeted.

‘Morning Sebastian, is it possible to stop business for like a month?’ Henry asked.

‘Yes sir, but it would affect us greatly, we’ll lose money’ Sebastian replied.
‘That doesn’t matter, I’m working on a plan, just call of the workers, for just a month, soon it would be over’ Henry instructed.

‘Okay sir, as you’ve said’

‘No one can stop me’ Henry was more determined than ever to succeed with no one to challenge his authority.

‘Morning to you all’ he waved aside greetings from his workers. He needed to speak to Riri, to hear what went on on her side.

‘Welcome sir’ Tola rushed and helped with his briefcase, she had to be on her best behavior, else Henry could ruin her life.

‘Has Redeemed reported to my office’? he asked.

‘No sir, but I believe she’ll be here soon’ Tola answered.

‘Good. Berger is back in town’ Henry informed her, she knew most of his secrets, that was why he had to find something to keep her quiet. He had no friends, he trusted no one but himself.

‘Okay sir…’ Tola didn’t want to tell him, she’d seen Berger at the bar, she had plans of her own, if only she could speak with him, maybe she had a chance of being free from that lunatic.

‘Okay sir? Is that all you have to say’? Henry rose to his feet and locked the door of his office.

‘I’m sorry sir’ she cried, knowing what he would do next to her.
‘No, you aren’t sorry’ his hand freed his belt while he yanked her and turned her back to him.

‘Please don’t, don’t hurt me, I’d do anything you say’ she begged.
He pulled her skirts down roughly, then his hands slid her pants down and he forcefully penetrated her.
Just as he’d finished, someone rapped on the door.
‘See you later’ I waved at Zee and trotted delightfully towards Henry’s office. Strangely, Tola wasn’t at her desk, that made Zee to arch a brow.

‘What do you think you’re doing’? I looked at Zee unbelievably as she rushed towards Tola’s desk.

‘Nothing, just curious, what does she do here anyway’? Zee looked through the documents then lifted an iphone 6.

‘Wow, she’s an expensive girl’ I was awed.

‘I bet your boss bought this for her’ Zee whispered and my heart sank.

‘Well good for her, can we go now? What if she catches us here? she wouldn’t be pleased’ I wasn’t comfortable.

‘Wait’ Zee begged. Why was she so interested in Tola?

Minutes later, she dropped the phone and walked off, then the office door opened and she stepped out looking her usual self,just like the first time I’d met her.

‘Good morning, can I go in now’? I asked.
‘Is that a question’? she eyed me angrily.
I shrugged and wondered what had gotten her into such a bad mood, I braved myself up as I went in to see Henry. He leaned on his table and looked so handsome in a black tux.
‘Good morning Sir’ I folded my lips tightly, he wore a different perfume, I noticed.
‘Morning sweetheart, come on in and tell me everything about Deji’ he beckoned to me.
I was kind of shocked, he hadn’t asked me how I fared, he was so much interested in Deji, what if he’d told me lies about Deji? I considered that part, but no, I had to pay Deji back in his own coin.

‘Well, I met him and his cousin last night and they told me something I didn’t quite understand’ I decided to tell him what Jake had said.
‘Go on’ Henry said.
‘Uhmmm, he recently discovered that the land upon which Sazad foods is built was once a cemetery, and from my personal research, crude oil could be found’ I would’ve left that detail out, but I wanted to please him.

‘Crude oil?’ he arched his brow surprised.

‘I think so, maybe you should get scientists to explore the land’ I suggested.
‘That wouldn’t be a bad idea, but it can only happen, if you are able to bring me the necessary documents’ he walked towards me and caressed my face. His hands were very soft.

‘Okay, I would get It for you’ I promised.

‘Have dinner with me tonight’ he clasped his hands as he asked me on a date.
‘Wow, dinner? I’d be pleased to dine with you’ my heart fluttered, I knew I would have so much fun.

‘Good, allow me’ he smiled mischievously and before I could protest, he kissed me deeply.
He wasn’t able to sleep, now he was awake, she still consumed this thoughts. Something strange was happening to him, all those months they’d dated, he hadn’t realized how beautiful she was, he was very much drawn to her. He saw her beauty last night, in her eyes and her lips as she smiled, and he’d inflicted her with pain.

‘Still thinking about Henry’? Jake swaggered into the living room.
‘Not Henry, Riri’ Deji sipped coolly from his mug. He knew his thoughts were heading the wrong direction, Redeemed could never take him back, he was sure of this but he was willing to fight for her.

‘You’re a comedian. Meanwhile, have you noticed how their names rhyme? Riri and Henry? Like those two belong together’ Jake winked.

‘It would do you much good if you mind your won business’ Deji walked away from his cousin, it was too early to get annoyed.
What if Jake was right? What if Redeemed had a thing for Henry? He would find out from Tola, he quickly fetched his phone as he remembered her.

He dialed her number twice, but she’d failed to answer her calls.

‘Strange thing’ he muttered and logged into Watsapp, Redeemed had kept to her word, just like the angel she was, she had unblocked him and he found himself smiling at her beautiful picture. She wore a black polo shirt on a blue jean, she looked simple yet very sophisticated. Her kind was rare. Beautiful, smart with a forgiving heart.

‘You really move fast Deji, you aren’t done mourning your late fiancée, now you want Redeemed back, that’s a big joke’ Jake knew his cousin would stop at nothing to get Redeemed back into his bed. It was only a matter of time, before Deji returned to his old life.

‘Hey, watch your tongue’ Deji’s eyes darkened.

‘Okay, I give up, but please leave that girl alone, she has gotten over you, she has moved on with her life, leave her alone’ Jake advised.
‘No, she isn’t over me’ Deji sounded defeated. He had to act fast.
‘alright then, don’t say I didn’t warn you’ Jake answered.
He’d raped her a lot, she’d lost count of the number of times Henry Tosin would force himself upon her, but whom could she tell? Who would believe her?
‘Why would such a man rape a woman when he can afford to buy as many as he wants with his money’ that’s what they’d probably say.
Tears welled up in her eyes, she looked around and noticed no one was in sight, she needed to use the rest room, she needed to spill her tears there, nobody could know her weakness.

It all started when she’d become his receptionist newly. Like most women, she was drawn to his charms, and when he finally gave her attention, she’d felt like the only girl in the world, but she’d been the unluckiest.
That night he’d taken her on a date, but unknown to her, he’d spiked her drink with a very strong drug. She’d woken up the next morning naked in his arms. She didn’t have a problem with that, her problem was the videos of her making love to his driver and her naked pictures that were all scattered across the room. She’d cried, she’d threatened to report him to the police, but he’d only raped her again before explaining to her that he was the most powerful man in town, she had no proof and hence, no one would believe her.

She stepped into the bathroom as the memories faded and glanced around, she was sure of it, she was alone.
‘Lord save me’ Tola cried. She sobbed like a baby. From that time, he’d threatened to spill the video and her pictures, and she knew what that meant.

She let her tears run free, she had to find a way and warn Redeemed, the same fate awaited her, but that was risky. What if the girl told Henry about her advice? No, she shook her head, she wouldn’t consider it.
She wiped her face as she went through her phone, Deji had called, she inhaled deeply. From what she’d observed, he was a nice person and didn’t deserve to be hurt be Henry. She rose to her feet boldly, Henry had done enough to her, even if he released the sex tape and the pictures, what would she stand to lose? He had already severed her self esteem, he’d reduced her to an animal and for that he would pay.
She needed to fight Henry, everyone had an Achilles heel.
Tola turned on the tap and washed her face briefly, then took time and wore her make-up. she walked out minutes later, but she was unaware, someone had videod her the whole time.

‘Ririr has to see this, so that girl could cry? Someone must have hurt her badly’? Zee grinned mischievously, she could even threaten to release the clip on facebook.
She had come to change her sanitary towels, and Tola had walked in, but she hid herself. She always knew there was something off that girl.

‘Girl, you’re so ugly when you cry’ Zee laughed.

‘This cannot happen, it’s not true, Henry could never betray me like this’ the chief tossed the papers his spy had supplied him with.

‘Well sir, ‘Black Hawk’ is well known for its shipping services across the world, maybe you should ask someone else to check it for you’ the spy replied.

‘How could he? I trusted him so much’ the man was stunned. His spy had supplied him with some documents, and from what he saw, Henry Oluwatosin was the Chief Executive Officer of the shipping company.

‘I’ll advise you to be more careful sir, you don’t know what else he has under his sleeves’ the spy later took his leave.

‘I can’t believe you would betray me this way’ the man paced in his study. So Henry had thought he could go scot free for this deceit? The man thought to himself, without Berger’s help, he would never have realized his other son had lied to him.

‘You sent for me father’ Berger stepped into the study.
‘How did you know about the ‘black Hawk’? the man asked.
‘How I knew about it is inconsequential, what matters is whether you believe me or not.’ Berger sighed, from the look on his father’s face, he’d discovered the truth, Henry was a devil incarnate.

‘Why should I believe you? What if you cooked these up so you could smear your brother’s image before me’? the man picked the papers up.

‘I may also have to add this, my reason for staying away from Nigeria is Henry. He sent some men to kill me, I wouldn’t understand his reason for that. So I’d advise you to be careful, your son is a mad man’ Berger rose to his feet.
‘What? Why didn’t you tell me these?’ the man was flabbergasted.
‘Would you have believed me? Afterall, I wasn’t your favorite son.’ Berger smirked.

‘What I have discovered is grave, it only means one thing, Henry has milked Olive Groves dry, for all I know, we’re operating on false glory. I now understand why he was interested in eliminating the Williams so early.’ The man pondered on those thoughts.

‘I see you too where up to some mischief’ Berger scoffed.

‘I thought it was for the good of Olive Groves. What do we do now? We have to take Henry out before it’s too late, before he kills us all’ the old man sounded desperate.
‘Did you just say We? I play no part in this, all I need is my hundred thousand dollars for sharing that delicate information about your dear son, after which I’ll leave for London, never to set foot here’ Berger loved the turnout of events.

‘What if I gave you more than that? What if I gave you all of Olive Groves? Would you stay and help me fight your brother?’ the old man asked.

‘Father, you know I was never interested in running your company, let Henry do it, I need my money’ Berger insisted.
‘You have to help me, just this once, I beg of you. Help me, and I’ll give you all that you need’ the man begged.

‘Alright, first, you must tell me of any business plan you had with the Williams, let me in, so I know what exactly to do.’ Berger had always been good with drawing up strategies.

‘I will do everything you’ve said’ the man replied.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2017
Darling Diary,
Today was really beautiful. My crush asked me out for dinner, and I am yet to receive any strange text messages.

I scribbled happily on my diary. I had never been this happy, everything seemed perfect. I had already checked out the gown I planned to wear for the dinner. I would hang the hawk necklace proudly on my neck, my hands quickly caressed the necklace. ‘Hawks are never a good sign.’ I gulped a bitter lump in my throat, it was a like a ghost story, where people lived in haunted houses and heard voices that weren’t real, but mine was reality, someone was haunting me, Zee had denied it and it couldn’t be Mfon. So who was this ghost?

‘Guess what I found’? Zee strolled into my room with Mfon, those two were getting closer by the day.
‘What could that be’? I asked dryly.
‘Zee is out of her mind, please have pity on the poor girl’ Mfon wasn’t pleased with whatever she was about to show me.
I grabbed the phone from her and watched the five minutes video of Tola crying in the company bathroom. This wasn’t funny, so I don’t know how Zee found humor in it. I felt pity for her, beneath her hard exterior was a fragile heart, something wasn’t right, I needed to talk to her, I was greatly touched.

‘This isn’t funny, you of all, should know this, as a psychologist’ I returned her phone.

‘I just love watching her cry, she always looked so invincible, but she has deep wounds’ Zee quietly deleted the video.
‘What could be wrong with her’? I asked.
‘Rape’ Zee replied curtly, she spoke like the sound of the word had no effect on her.
‘Rape? That’s too much, what if its heartbreak? Or money troubles’? Mfon suggested.

‘While I was doing my practice, I’d seen girls like her. She has money, dressed expensive, I can bet you, she may not even have a boyfriend but at that point in time, at that particular point, I could tell someone had raped her. The way she cried, I could picture the fear in her eyes, she’s holding onto something, and it’s something big, bad and very dirty’ Zee said.

‘I feel horrible. Who could have raped her? And where’? I asked. My heart raced as I considered the options.
Before Zee could answer, my phone buzzed and I picked it hurriedly, lo and behold, it was another text message, just like the second one I had received.

‘Don’t let him in. Hawks are cunning……and dangerous’
‘It’s official, I give up, I don’t want to read anymore crazy messages, i’ll switch off this phone, I don’t want my date to be ruined’. I yelled angrily and in frustration, who wanted me unhappy?

‘Hey calm down, you’ll have to drop the phone with me, let me read this messages, I have a feeling, we are close to finding our answers’ Zee said.

‘Okay then, please find a solution or I’m smashing that phone into tiny bits on my return’ I moved into the bathroom quickly.
While the cold water danced on my skin, I refused to find pleasure in it, I was in deep thoughts. My mind asked questions I was too scared to answer.
If Tola was truly raped, then who had raped her and where? Then I dared to imagine it.
We had arrived the office and Tola wasn’t on seat, she had been in Henry’s office, was Henry a rapist?
I quickly pushed out the thoughts, he was a perfect gentleman, he’d never tried anything foolish.

‘Riri, Henry is here’ Mfon called out to me. Honestly, I had suddenly lost interest in the dinner date, with Zee’s analysis of Tola’s behavior and the creepy messages, I didn’t feel like leaving my house.
What if someone was trying to warn me? But warn me of who?

‘You don’t look excited about this date’ my friends noticed as I slipped on the dinner gown.
‘I don’t know, I guess, I am in a bad mood’ I replied and wore my make up.
‘Just try and be okay, enjoy yourself’ Zee rubbed my shoulder, she still gave me that look, the ‘Be careful’ look and I nodded in understanding, didn’t she trust Henry or what?

‘Bye baby’ they chorused as I stepped out of the house, Henry had preferred to stay outside.
‘You look perfect my love, black was meant for you’ he kissed my fingers. I loved the feel of his lips on my bare skin, it ignited my passions and caused me to imagine what making love to him would feel like. The moment I closed my eyes, I found Deji’s naked frame on my body and I moaned and writhed underneath, I forced my eyes open.

‘Were you expecting someone’? Henry lifted his brow, I could swear, he was mocking Deji, who rushed out of his car with six men, each carrying a bouquet of flowers.

‘Deji’? I was surprised to see him, what was he doing here? why hadn’t he called?

‘Riri’? Deji paused as he stared into the eyes of the man he hated, so Jake had been right, he’d been going out with Riri.
‘Hello Mr Williams’ Henry scorned but Deji ignored him.

‘Uhmmmm, I’m going out on date with Henry, you should’ve called’ I don’t know why I felt bad for him, this was the perfect opportunity to repay him back in his evil coin, but I found myself pitying him, he seemed so helpless and hurt. Why was he hurt?
‘I called but you weren’t picking, I even sent you messages on whatsapp’ he explained, but to no avail, I couldn’t cancel my date with Henry.

‘Baby’? Henry walked to my side of the car, and gave me a long kiss, he grabbed my ass lightly in the process, I knew it was a show off.

‘I’m sorry Deji, I have to go now, we’ll talk later’ I slid into the car and Henry drove off, leaving Deji and his flowers to stare after us.

‘What do we do with the flowers now’? the men asked him.
‘I don’t know, just keep them’ Deji answered sadly and returned to his car. So Henry had finally gotten to her? She seemed very happy, he noticed, Henry was proud of her, that’s why he’d kissed her in public like that.
A sick feeling crept up his spine as he realized he’d lost Redeemed to another man.
‘Flowers for Riri’ Mfon burst out laughing as Deji drove off.
‘We are little devils’ Zee laughed, they’d been watching from the house. Deji looked pained and helpless.

‘I could swear that guy has feelings for Redeemed’ Zee had noticed the way he stared at her.

‘No, fuckboys don’t have feelings’ Mfon replied. He had damaged Riri’s heart, now she found a chance at love, Deji had to stay away.

‘Well, fuckboys do change’ Zee differed. Something gave her the creeps about Henry, and she had this feeling Redeemed was in danger.

‘I know I said you should get information out of Deji but I didn’t mean you should sleep with him’ Henry said as we walked towards our seat.
I was stunned by his use of words, he seemed angry and irritated.

‘I never planned to sleep with him’ I replied. If only he knew Deji was my ex, he would’ve understood better.
Why was he upset anyway?

‘I want you to stop seeing him, forget about the job I asked of you, I have someone else on it. Stop seeing him, block his lines and all that. He isn’t a good person’ Henry grabbed my hand and squeezed it but his touch suddenly irritated me and I felt like yanking my hands away.

‘Why? I’m almost close to getting those files for you, soon I’ll bring them to you. Why do you want me to back out now’? I asked.
‘Nothing. Just do what I say and back out’ he snapped at me. I hadn’t seen this part of Henry, he reminded me of the abusive lovers I saw on television and that scared me greatly. My mind went to the video of the crying Tola, had Henry raped her? I suddenly became scared, what if the same fate awaited me.

‘Okay then’ I replied coolly. I had left one of my phones home, gladly I was with another, so if he tried anything I could easily call my friends to rescue me.

‘I have other plans for you tonight’ he winked and offered his seductive smile, but I wasn’t moved. He seemed like a freak to me.

‘Plans like’? I forced a smile.
‘Uhmmm, I want to hang you on a fan and Bleep your brains out’ he answered, I realized his eyes were glowing. He seemed like a predator and I, the prey.

‘Lord help me’ I whispered, what If he was the rapist?
‘Don’t let him in’
‘Hawks are no good’
I swallowed some water as I recalled the lines of some of the texts, what if he was the hawk?

‘So why the hawk sign on our necklaces’? I dared to ask.
‘Very smart question. That’s why I like you, you are smart’ he smiled at me.

‘Well, a hawk is a symbol of authority, supremacy, wisdom and many other things. It always gets whatever it wants’ he offered me another smile, this time it was mischievous.

‘oh, nice symbol, thanks for the necklace once again’ I fingered it.

‘You’re welcome’ I smiled. My phone rang minutes later, I was scared to pick at first, what if the sender of those messages had decided to call?
‘Excuse me, it’s my friend Zee’ I raised my finger and pressed the phone against my ear, I noticed he wore a frown as I answered the call.

‘Hello, Zee, what’s up’? I asked.
‘ Come home immediately, you’re dining with a rapist’ she said.
‘What’? I tried to calm myself, how had she come to that conclusion?
‘Hurry before he offers you something drugged’ she begged.

‘Okay, I would come, please rush her to the hospital. I’ll meet you there’ I lied. Henry watched me the whole time, I lied in case he had some super hearing gift.

‘Smart girl. Please hurry’ Zee said.
I dropped the phone and noticed, the waiter hadn’t served us anything than water, though we’d taken our orders.
‘What happened’? he asked.

‘Mfon is at the hospital, I need to rush and see her right now. I’m so sorry for this’ I rose to my feet before he could dissuade me.

‘No, let’s eat for a while, then I’ll drive you there’ I hated his commanding tone. How blind I was.

‘I cannot eat while my friend is in the hospital’ I replied and rushed off before he could follow me. I had to run as far as possible, so Henry wasn’t a perfect gentleman after all?

‘Shit’ he cursed. Well, her absence would give him more time to think about his next plan, his father or his brother would die first, then Deji, in that order. Hawks were never a good sign.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2017
I'll try and respond to comments. You guys have really motivated me with your kind words, thanks.
If you have any other thing to say or you want to make enquiries, here's my email
"aishayasmina@yahoo.com"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / "I'm" Or "Am" - Why Are We Such Careless Users Of The English Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.