Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Like Father Like Son! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Father Like Son! (268 Views)

Buhari Takes Me As Brother, Treats Me Like Son, Says Osinbajo / Buhari Takes Me As Brother, Treats Me Like Son, Says Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Like Father Like Son! by Veritasafrique: 12:56am On Jan 09, 2017
A Political party is known for one thing – a political manifesto. The more concrete the manifesto, the more organized the government will be. In Africa since we do not have nations, we also do not have political parties. We have rather cliques who come together for personal interests in the name of political party. The cliques have no manifestoes.

In this present political dispensation, the executive and the legislative are one and the same thing. As the executive is being blown by the wind, the legislatives are pursuing the wind. In a country, which is battling with serious economic recession, the first salvo of the Senate to rescue the situation is to buy a jeep of 36 million naira for many of the members. As if not enough, every month each senator pockets 15 million naira and each member of the House of Reps collects 10 million naira as a monthly salary, as the papers let us know.

The members of the House of Reps, may be, because they were not given jeeps, padded this year’s budget. All these are happening in the heat of this economic meltdown in the country. The case of the padding was not investigated. It was swept under the carpet, yet the executive says it is fighting corruption. Of course, it is only members of the opposition party that are corrupt. Members of the ruling party are saints. For how long will Nigerians keep quiet to allow this mess to continue? What must we do? Join us on this blog, we are serious about setting Nigeria free from the hands of those who have hijacked her.

(1) (Reply)

2017 BUDGET / Femi Adesina - God Rested On The Seventh Day. Buhari Deserves The Vacation / Osopadecism Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.