Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) (125690 Views)

Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) / Anchor University Lagos 2017 / 2018 Admission Processing Ongoing. Admission Fo / Anchor University: Deeper Life Bible Church Gives 30% Discount To Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by mahyowah(m): 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2017
jeebz:
Another thread looking to condemn private christian universities.

1. Quality education is not cheap anywhere in the world. Check Harvard, Princeton and similar universities.
2. I believe that the church would have a scholarship scheme for bright students who are members and non-members of the church.
3. Remember, this is a second private university in Lagos.

We can only give them say a ten period before we judge.
Well you're not wrong but what's the church's role in the welfare and charity of its members Didn't you read in the Bible where the church provided provision for its people? were missionary schools paid for?

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by tomdon(m): 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
So AC na 50k flat.
O di OK
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by gawu1: 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
That is why each time we criticise our government we have to have second thought. If not because of government involvement in education most of us wouldn't have had secondary school education, not to talk of university education. The fact remains that to run education is not an easy task as huge and heavy funding are required.
These so called private owned schools charge high fees yet their end products are not better than those from public schools. Imagine the government yielding to call by some people that education should be outrightly privatised in the country. Some times we are Wudwink to support returning schools taken over 4 decades ago by government to their private owners, not minding what prompted such government action in the first place just because of our religion sentiment. The school in question was established and would be supported by the church members who themselves may not afford to attend it. It's really an awkward situation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by princetom1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
jeebz:
Another thread looking to condemn private christian universities.

1. Quality education is not cheap anywhere in the world. Check Harvard, Princeton and similar universities.
2. I believe that the church would have a scholarship scheme for bright students who are members and non-members of the church.
3. Remember, this is a second private university in Lagos.

We can only give them say a ten period before we judge.

Haba, u guys should use una sense nau. Whose money was used to start the school? Is like u investing money in a start up and end up not getting any benefit.. naija which way.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by kullozone(m): 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Which private school is cheap?

How will they pay the professors and lecturers?

How will they equip the school?

Or will the money fall from sky?

#Proud Deeperlifer

Don't mind people talking anyhow jare.... The money will fall from tithes and offering. Isnor a bad thin' na!
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by BiafranBushBoy: 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
L0velyn:
how do you mean sad

Will you reply my pm if I answer you? embarassed
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Will you reply my pm if I answer you? embarassed
i am a deeperlifer
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by kullozone(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
Timothy3113:
please what reason is the university established, is it for profit making or to help the people??

Simple question... they'll start sweating and attacking everyone and every other thing in the world.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by HqBoss: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
walexsho:

Mr Gramarian, I want to to see your corrections on my use of Tense..
hello past tense of Lecturer is what? as I'm no longer an Undergraduate but a Graduate.
The real message I'm trying to pass is that the Lecturers in Public Universities still Lectures in 2 or more private Universities to have there share of the National offering and Tithe
u quoting me in the first place was unncessary, uncalled for and out of place. i gave reasons why it is costly to run a private uni and made reference to quality of education which is dependent on type of lecturers hired. i never said anything about tithe and offering which u are so glad to castigate. u were supposed to address the point i raised and not about whether ur lecturers lecture in more than one private uni. it just doesnt tally
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Eleniyan15: 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Jennifer89:

you dey shout offering money oooo how much you dey put for offering seff?

go and ask your pastor
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by sirfemoz(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
jumpandpas:

If the church said no student should pay fees, can you volunteer to teach without collecting salary?.

What is the church even giving back to the society? Cos I know that school didn't erect itself. It was members contributions, donations and pledges that was used. Those that lectures in that institution, are they different professors from the ones that taught me in Government institution?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Fearcom(m): 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
Timothy3113:
Bro you never answered my question??

Is the university established for the purpose of profit making or for the masses.

Ask yourself these questions why is it always that it is only the church owned university school fees that is highly critised??

A church is non profitable, charitable organisation, so what happens when a member of a non profitable organisation contribute to a project and it is not serving the purpose of the organisation.

I think am in support of the new FRCN law.

Sentiments. Off Point.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by BiafranBushBoy: 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
L0velyn:
i am a deeperlifer

I know you are lying... but kwantinue wink
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Kennydoc(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
pavy:

Is it compulsory for a church to own a University? Whose child do they hope to train at the university if their members can't afford the tuition fee for their kids? Children of corrupt politicians? Think about the message they will be passing across.

Churches build universities not for charity, but to help instill and sustain discipline and sound moral values in youths, while providing quality education. That's part of the reasons why you hardly hear of cultism, exam malpractices and various forms of sexual vices in those church-owned schools. Even when they exist, it's usually on low key.

Nobody says every member of the church must enrol in the schools. Those that can afford it should enrol, while those who can't should wait for federal universities. I went to a federal university, and I know till tomorrow, my parents could never have afforded to pay my fees in any of such schools.
Even if these church owned universities offer free education, some people still cannot afford it cos they will need somebody to provide for their upkeep.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by eltalentino(m): 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
pavy:

you are missing the point, its not a question of weda a private university is expensive to run. The point is, what is the motive for establishing a private university in the first place? For a church, I would like to think that their motive should be to provide a better alternative to the public schools. We all know that our public versities is a hub of all form of social vices like cultism and indecent dressing. Therefore, a church owned university should be a place of high moral and educational standards, where members can send their kids to without the fear of them being corrupted or initiated into cult groups.

Therefore, a church should not bother to set up a university if over 90% of its members can't afford to send their kids to such a school. Whose kids do they hope to train, when they setup the versity and fix such a high price as tuition fee? in a country where over 60% of Nigerians live below $1 per day.

Somebody made mention of quality education being free in Germany. It is true. What that person failed to mention is the fact that most of these schools abroad get constant donations from ex-students, organizations, and wealthy citizens to maintain the standard of the school. Unfortunately in Nigeria, instead of donating to our public universities to improve the standards, our politicians and other wealthy Nigerians set up their own schools to compete with the public schools, thereby worsening their ratings and standard further. It is disheartening to see that even churches have joined in this trend.

A church should not concern itself with building schools, their plates are full already as it were. Millions of people still haven't heard of Jesus, and according to Mark 16:15-16, evangelism is the only commission Jesus gave to the church.

Bottom line is that churches should not be building universities to compete with our public universities, they can use the fund to donate equipments, and fund research work in our schools. But if for any reason they set up a university, it should be for the benefit of its members and for the furtherance of the gospel of Christ. Anything contrary to this is unacceptable. Unless the schools were set up to make profit.

Best Comment so far, you got your points detailed.

3 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I know you are lying... but kwantinue wink
serious! the only church tat preaches about salvation actually..
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by OBAGADAFFI: 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
emmasege:
You are absolutely wrong. There's no free quality education anywhere in the world. Someone or some people are paying for it. If only you knew the running cost of standard universities in Nigeria, you would understand that no church no matter how rich they are, is buoyant enough to provide quality university education in Nigeria at no or low tuition fees. The best they can do is to come up with scholarship schemes for their own members or individuals they adopted through mission works. And I think Pastor Kumuyi would be thinking along this line.

How much did this Pastors and politicians pay for AWOLOWO free and quality education?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Standing5(m): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
valuedammy:

Atleast they got the money used in building this uni from the offerings and tithe of members then they should also expect to get the money that will be used in running this uni from same members not by requesting to pay so much for the tuition fee. Who is deceiving who?
Be reasonable please. Landlord does not furnish a house to the last detail for a temporary tenant. Same way tithers should not pay indefinitely for students.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by menwongo(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
Daboywizzy:
Let kumuyi continue to mislead people with a doctrine from hell.
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.
Am not a deeper life oooo, in fact I hate their big skirt but love their natural hair. So respect men of God and let God judge them.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
dicefrost:

The tithe and offering can very well run the school
First, tithes are not used to build universities in most cases. Most churches call for special donations when they want to build universities. A church already has numerous expenses like pastor salaries, outreach that is funded by tithe/offering, adding a university to it would be too heavy. Btw churches still grant funds to the universities to help subsidize it. E.g Caleb university proprietors grants 500 million naira to d university yearly inspire of 350k worth of school fees that students pay. Bells university, AUN, lead city, baze uni are low ranking in comparism to Covenant university n redeemers uni yet both CU and RUN are far cheaper than the secular schools. Btw even Islamic schools that are of poor rankings e.g Crescent university charges 500k and above.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by menwongo(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
L0velyn:
i am a deeperlifer

Hhhhhmmmm, na character oooo no be for nairaland you go tell us. Do you have deeper life characteristics?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kennydoc:

Some of you guys talk without thinking.
First, how do you know the church is making profit from the fees? Do you know how many students they have as at now versus staff on their payroll?

Now, let's do a little calculation.
Let's assume they have 1000 students as at now (it's still a new university) and each student pays an average tuition of 600k per annum, in one year, the school will generate 600 million naira. This is their main source of income.
Now imagine they have only 100 lecturers across the 3 faculties, and each lecturer earns an average of 250k per month. It means each lecturer will earn an average of 3 million naira per annum. So 100 lecturers will earn about 300 million naira per annum, out of 600 million.
We haven't talked about non-academic staff, cost of equipping the labs, maintenance of facilities etc.

Guy, running a university is freaking expensive. University tuition cannot be cheap.
You probably compare these church owned universities with their federal counterparts. That's an unfair comparison.
The FG pays the salaries of all the workers in federal unis and still gives the schools money for running the institutions, in form of subventions. Such money never gets to private unis, as they have to source for all their funds through tuition.
Were FG not paying salaries and providing for the running of the universities, I can bet you that the minimum fees Nigerians would have been paying in federal universities won't be less than 400k. Same applies to state owned universities.

Again, it isn't really the poor people in the churches that provide for the needs of the churches. How much do they have? There are people that sow seeds in tens of millions. People donate hundreds of thousands to make things work in the churches. It's mainly the financial contributions of these ones that cause mighty projects to be executed, not people that give 20k and nobody will hear again.

Nobody says your child must attend your church's university cos you contributed in building it. If you can't afford the tuition, choose a cheaper school. Even at 150k, many people still cannot afford it, so will the church now make it free?
What do you personally consider as affordable fees?
I work in a hospital where staff get drugs at cost price, but because the cost prices of the branded drugs sold in the hospital sometimes outweigh the prices of non-branded alternatives sold in pharmacies outside, sometimes I go and buy drugs from outside instead of buying from our hospital.

Please, you guys should stop criticising for the fun of it. Try and be more reasonable.
Guy you are wise. We need ppl like you in Nigeria. You are very Objective!
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by menwongo(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
Statsocial:

First, tithes are not used to build universities in most cases. Most churches call for special donations when they want to build universities. A church already has numerous expenses like pastor salaries, outreach that is funded by tithe/offering, adding a university to it would be too heavy. Btw churches still grant funds to the universities to help subsidize it. E.g Caleb university proprietors grants 500 million naira to d university yearly inspire of 350k worth of school fees that students pay. Bells university, AUN, lead city, baze uni are low ranking in comparism to Covenant university n redeemers uni yet both CU and RUN are far cheaper than the secular schools. Btw even Islamic schools that are of poor rankings e.g Crescent university charges 500k and above.

Tithe are for pastor or preacher officiating in that particular church.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
seguno2:

Have you heard of subsidised fees like what the oyinbo missionaries did for their primary schools, which people like Kumuyi must have attended in addition to subsidised government university and maybe oyinbo scholarship for his post graduate studies?
Did the oyinbo missionaries not use the offerings of their church members to provide the subsidised schools and scholarship back then?
Why is it difficult for Kumuyi to replicate this for his own school?
Moreover how many primary schools are owned by his church?
Lol if you are talking about the Catholic Church. Do u recognize that those financial aid isn't coming from tithe gathered in Nigeria. Btw, the Catholic Church is richer than the first five biggest corporations in the world put together! Secondly, not all missionary benefits came directly from the church. Prior to separation of church and state many govt give aid via the church so you cant compare. Lastly Godfrey Okoye uni which is catholic is charging about 400k and above, some of those orthodox churches like Baptist, ECWA, Four square also charge 'high fees'. So its not a Pentecostal thing. Even foreign Christian unis like ORU in US charge about 6 million naira. So its not a Nigerian Church issue
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by menwongo(m): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
Am not sure all these ones wailing are deeper life member. Why complain when u never attain deeper life. Some of you hate the church because their girls no compromise but come here to shout as if u pay tithe to deeper life!!

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ermacc:
Education is not the gateway out of ignorance!

Then what is? Whether formal or informal, education equips you to know by learning. And knowledge in turn dispels ignorance. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Alphasoar(m): 11:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
Timothy3113:
Bro you never answered my question??

Is the university established for the purpose of profit making or for the masses.

Ask yourself these questions why is it always that it is only the church owned university school fees that is highly critised??

A church is non profitable, charitable organisation, so what happens when a member of a non profitable organisation contribute to a project and it is not serving the purpose of the organisation.

I think am in support of the new FRCN law.
It is opened for the masses but please pay all the staff, academic and non academic, maintain the facility for a month. Please do all these just for the MASSES. Thanks. no even quote me sef!!!
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
pavy:

you are missing the point, its not a question of weda a private university is expensive to run. The point is, what is the motive for establishing a private university in the first place? For a church, I would like to think that their motive should be to provide a better alternative to the public schools. We all know that our public versities is a hub of all form of social vices like cultism and indecent dressing. Therefore, a church owned university should be a place of high moral and educational standards, where members can send their kids to without the fear of them being corrupted or initiated into cult groups.

Therefore, a church should not bother to set up a university if over 90% of its members can't afford to send their kids to such a school. Whose kids do they hope to train, when they setup the versity and fix such a high price as tuition fee? in a country where over 60% of Nigerians live below $1 per day.

Somebody made mention of quality education being free in Germany. It is true. What that person failed to mention is the fact that most of these schools abroad get constant donations from ex-students, organizations, and wealthy citizens to maintain the standard of the school. Unfortunately in Nigeria, instead of donating to our public universities to improve the standards, our politicians and other wealthy Nigerians set up their own schools to compete with the public schools, thereby worsening their ratings and standard further. It is disheartening to see that even churches have joined in this trend.

A church should not concern itself with building schools, their plates are full already as it were. Millions of people still haven't heard of Jesus, and according to Mark 16:15-16, evangelism is the only commission Jesus gave to the church.

Bottom line is that churches should not be building universities to compete with our public universities, they can use the fund to donate equipments, and fund research work in our schools. But if for any reason they set up a university, it should be for the benefit of its members and for the furtherance of the gospel of Christ. Anything contrary to this is unacceptable. Unless the schools were set up to make profit.
Ehen finally, why don't you then ask the churches the reason for establishing universities instead of slandering those churches unfairly. The purpose is NEVER to run an alternative to public universities.
The purpose of running church universities isn't not to primarily teach physics and chemistry but to establish and propagate Jesus in a systemic way in d academic sector. Hence, Churches see it as a potent weapon to engrain Christainity in the minds of numerous teeming youths. That's why when u get admitted to CU the chancellor would clearly tell you that the spiritual aspect of CU is more important than the Academic.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by BiafranBushBoy: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
L0velyn:
serious! the only church tat preaches about salvation actually..

So will you accept all the Pms I have sent to you?

Since we now have something in common embarassed cheesy
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by segzyogondus(m): 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
Education now is getting more and more expensive also the rate at which the Church owned universities are charging people how do they expect Christians to cope just like Scholarships meant for the poor man's child is being giving to the rich man's child who can so is the charging rate of the church universities with the excuse that the knowledge being giving out is more standard than any other university you can think of
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by supereagle(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
Daboywizzy:
Only satanic agent will spew out this against a man of God.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by adetunjioludami(m): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Daboywizzy:
wen will u receive sense ehn?.. must u talk anyaw? if uon comment rubbish will ur fone hang.. I just pity ur destiny if u continue like dis...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. / List Of Foreign Accredited Universty By NUC / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.