Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God (14425 Views)

Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / Doctrine of trinity (one Christian God) revealed / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:33am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I can't believe you expect me to repeat all that was said here https://www.nairaland.com/3553021/conclusion-atheism-illogical-atheist-delusion

Well , whatever makes you happy as an atheist smiley

Nothing was answered there. You didn't answer the question. You kept running away from it because you know it exposes all the nonsense you've been saying. The sharia law was given to mankind by God himself. Is it objective? Your deliberate failure to answer it shows that you clearly know that what you are saying is RUBBISH.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:37am On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

"Peter's daughters"

My God o....
LooooooooLz grin
You dont even know how to tell lies again?
Where was that?

U just demonstrated u have never opened bible before.
Lol

4everGod should hear this.

Philip I meant to say. You know very well it's an error. I addressed that earlier correctly
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:52am On Jan 10, 2017
dalaman:

Philip I meant to say. You know very well it's an error. I addressed that earlier correctly

Na lie....
U don goof
grin
Anybody that can use Peter to replace Philip is a big goof.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 12:54am On Jan 10, 2017
felixomor:

Na lie....
U don goof

Whatever.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by felixomor: 12:55am On Jan 10, 2017
dalaman:

Whatever.

Lol
Hehehehe grin
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

mrmrmister OLAADEGBU

Do you believe what is written in the Bible is true or fiction? undecided
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe what is written in the Bible is true or fiction? undecided
Some of it are true... Most is fiction. But that's not the point. U totally believe the bible so u believe when it says that women should be quiet. So does that principle demean women or not
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

Some of it are true... Most is fiction. But that's not the point. U totally believe the bible so u believe when it says that women should be quiet. So does that principle demean women or not

Do you believe the ones you quoted in the OP are true?
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 6:57am On Jan 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe the ones you quoted in the OP are true?
I believe they reflect who the Christian god is and what Christianity is...
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

I believe they reflect who the Christian god is and what Christianity is...

You have not answered my question. Do you believe the scriptures you quoted actually happened? undecided
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 7:14am On Jan 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You have not answered my question. Do you believe the scriptures you quoted actually happened? undecided
Already told u some did, some didn't... Did Paul actually tell women to be quiet on church? Yes
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

Already told u some did, some didn't... Did Paul actually tell women to be quiet on church? Yes

Why then did you quote scriptures that you believe is fiction? Do you believe 'the Christian God' truly exists? undecided
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Kaycee7(m): 8:35am On Jan 10, 2017
The Mosaic Laws of the Old Testament represent a period of black-and-white, no grey areas, absolutes.
Women really were the weaker sex then. And in the setting of those times, those laws protected them as best as they could at the time.
No one was going to marry a rape victim in those days. (Even to this day, they are still stigmatized). So, the sentence of marrying the victim to the perpetrator actually helped the victim.
Now you might say, "she despised her husband " or something else. But unions of love were rare in those days. Men proposed to fathers and daughters were given away without asking for their consent. So the rape victim married to her rapist wasn't much worse off than the average bride. At the very least, it secured her honor and dignity.
Now, due to Christ's ministry of love, the sanctity of our body and the dignity of the woman, we don't marry the woman to her rapist.

Women, in the days of the Old Testament, were virtuous (Isrealite women at least). Prostitution was uncommon if not absent. So a woman to meet her husband not a virgin was considered heinous. If she'd been raped, she would have been married to her rapist. A non-virgin was considered utterly immoral and dishonorable. And while today, it may seem severe. In the times of the OT, a death sentence was justified.
Of course, we don't stone non-virgins today.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Kaycee7(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

If you were a Christian, you would know the Bible, especially the New Testament, is not read literally. Which is why before you read, you ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. It is not surprising that atheists can use the Bible against Christians. Even the devil uses the Bible to tempt.
The Bible is the Bible. It is not a novel, an archaeological article, constitutional text, etc.
It is the Bible.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 8:44am On Jan 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
The Mosaic Laws of the Old Testament represent a period of black-and-white, no grey areas, absolutes.
Women really were the weaker sex then. And in the setting of those times, those laws protected them as best as they could at the time.
No one was going to marry a rape victim in those days. (Even to this day, they are still stigmatized). So, the sentence of marrying the victim to the perpetrator actually helped the victim.
Now you might say, "she despised her husband " or something else. But unions of love were rare in those days. Men proposed to fathers and daughters were given away without asking for their consent. So the rape victim married to her rapist wasn't much worse off than the average bride. At the very least, it secured her honor and dignity.
Now, due to Christ's ministry of love, the sanctity of our body and the dignity of the woman, we don't marry the woman to her rapist.

Women, in the days of the Old Testament, were virtuous (Isrealite women at least). Prostitution was uncommon if not absent. So a woman to meet her husband not a virgin was considered heinous. If she'd been raped, she would have been married to her rapist. A non-virgin was considered utterly immoral and dishonorable. And while today, it may seem severe. In the times of the OT, it was justified.
If u are saying selling a rape victim to the rapist is helping the victim then u are evil.
No matter how henious being deflowered before marriage is, it does not justify stoning a human being too death. The laws given by god were evil and barbaric. It doesn't matter that they were many years ago. God should be limited by time or culture. Stoning a person to death that time is as wrong as it is today.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 8:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
If you were a Christian, you would know the Bible, especially the New Testament, is not read literally. Which is why before you read, you ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. It is not surprising that atheists can use the Bible against Christians. Even the devil uses the Bible to tempt.
The Bible is the Bible. It is not a novel, an archaeological article, constitutional text, etc.
It is the Bible.
Yeah, the bible is the bible and the bible says it's a shame for women to speak in church. Those were the clear words of the bible inspired by the holy spirit himself.. When the bible says god is good or god is great, u assume it is talking literally but when it says things that are blatantly barbaric, u claim it is not to be interpreted literally... That's hypocrisy.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 8:48am On Jan 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why then did you quote scriptures that you believe is fiction? Do you believe 'the Christian God' truly exists? undecided
I don't believe he does... But I believe the representation we're given of him is evil, contrary to what Christians would have us believe
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Kaycee7(m): 9:15am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

If u are saying selling a rape victim to the rapist is helping the victim then u are evil.
No matter how henious being deflowered before marriage is, it does not justify stoning a human being too death. The laws given by god were evil and barbaric. It doesn't matter that they were many years ago. God should be limited by time or culture. Stoning a person to death that time is as wrong as it is today.
You keep writing "sell" to paint a more heinous picture.
God is not limited. Man is.
You're flexing the 21st century so you probably cannot fathom the torture of bearing the stigma of a rape victim in those times.
Exercise your intelligence, my friend. In those days, it was a stipulated and known law that any woman discovered to be a non-virgin would be stoned to death. Every girl knew. It is as right as Singapore executing drug smugglers
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Kaycee7(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

Yeah, the bible is the bible and the bible says it's a shame for women to speak in church. Those were the clear words of the bible inspired by the holy spirit himself.. When the bible says god is good or god is great, u assume it is talking literally but when it says things that are blatantly barbaric, u claim it is not to be interpreted literally... That's hypocrisy.
We never assume. We ponder and pray on every verse of the Bible. Every verse can be interpreted in a diverse number of ways which is why we pray to the Holy Spirit to help us understand. If we assume God is good or great as literal, then we have to assume God is jealous as literal.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
You keep writing "sell" to paint a more heinous picture.
God is not limited. Man is.
You're flexing the 21st century so you probably cannot fathom the torture of bearing the stigma of a rape victim in those times.
Exercise your intelligence, my friend. In those days, it was a stipulated and known law that any woman discovered to be a non-virgin would be stoned to death. Every girl knew. It is as right as Singapore executing drug smugglers
So for your mind now, drug smuggling and losing your virginity are the same thing...
Only fanatics like u would justify stoning a young girl to death, for whatever reason... Don't worry, if a girl close to you happens to lose her virginity, call your friends and stone her to death since according to you it's not wrong...
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 9:59am On Jan 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
We never assume. We ponder and pray on every verse of the Bible. Every verse can be interpreted in a diverse number of ways which is why we pray to the Holy Spirit to help us understand. If we assume God is good or great as literal, then we have to assume God is jealous as literal.
So when u prayed about the verses that say god is good, the holy spirit still interpreted it as god is good but when a verse says, it's a shame for women to talk in church, how does the holy spirit interpret it for you??
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Kaycee7(m): 10:01am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

So when u prayed about the verses that say god is good, the holy spirit still interpreted it as god is good but when a verse says, it's a shame for women to talk in church, how does the holy spirit interpret it for you??
How do you know the Holy Spirit interpreted the verse that said "God is good " to me as God is good?
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by Kaycee7(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

So for your mind now, drug smuggling and losing your virginity are the same thing...
Only fanatics like u would justify stoning a young girl to death, for whatever reason... Don't worry, if a girl close to you happens to lose her virginity, call your friends and stone her to death since according to you it's not wrong...
I do believe I said exercise your intelligence. We don't stone non-virgins today. I was just trying to help you understand the times those punishments were being meted out. Your post is exactly why KingEbukasBlog never answers atheists questions directly. You latch onto a mindset or opinion and close your mind to discussion. Yet you claim to be open-minded.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
How do you know the Holy Spirit interpreted the verse that said "God is good " to me as God is good?
On, really? How did he interpret the verse? God is bad?? grin
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 10:14am On Jan 10, 2017
Kaycee7:
I do believe I said exercise your intelligence. We don't stone non-virgins today. I was just trying to help you understand the times those punishments were being meted out. Your post is exactly why KingEbukasBlog never answers atheists questions directly. You latch onto a mindset or opinion and close your mind to discussion. Yet you claim to be open-minded.
U are just getting angry because your beliefs are being exposed as pure crap. Lemme ask u, is it right to stone non- virgins to death?? It's a simple yes or no question..
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by wirinet(m): 10:21am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

If you claim that women were demeaned and marginalized , then why were there powerful queens , prophetesses , a female judge , deliverers and celebrated women ?

Please answer this question

Maybe you should understand the context before you scream cherrypicking because by your reasoning I can accuse him of cherrypicking too undecided undecided

Use sense !

Don't mind them (atheists), they will also claim Saudi Arabia and Iran Demeans and marginalize women when women have been elected into chancellorship and legislative positions positions in those countries recently.

They might even say that Hitler hated and murdered jews when he saved the lives of many Jews including Eduard Bloch (his personal doctor) and Ernst Hess (a commander)

3 Likes

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by hopefulLandlord: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2017
wirinet:

Don't mind them (atheists), they will also claim Saudi Arabia and Iran Demeans and marginalize women when women have been elected into chancellorship and legislative positions positions in those countries recently.

They might even say that Hitler hated and murdered jews when he saved the lives of many Jews including Eduard Bloch (his personal doctor) and Ernst Hess (a commander)

exactly!!!
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2017
wirinet:

You don't get the gist : he presupposed that women were demeaned when there is no evidence for that . Kaycee7 explains perfectly why those laws concerning women existed . Those laws didn't demean them , they protected them because of how totally different ancient societies saw women .

There was no demeaning in the first place .

1 Like

Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You don't get the gist : he presupposed that women were demeaned when there is no evidence for that . Kaycee7 explains perfectly why those laws concerning women existed . Those laws didn't demean them , they protected them because of how totally different ancient societies saw women .

The reason i try to get directly involve in debates concerning "atrocities committed by Abrahamic Gods and their adherents" is because i am utterly appalled by their arguments trying to justify Murder, rape and even genocide (including infanticide). I have still not gotten over Olaadegu's and a few other christian's argument that alleged genocide in the bible is justified because the lives taken does not belong to them but to their God, so it is justify for God to terminate the lives he created.
Stoning of women to death for adultery or being a non virgin while leaving or even rewarding her rapist or her co-adulterer is nothing more than demeaning and discrimination. The co-adulterer might even be among those stoning her to death. I do not see how stoning adulterous or non virgin women to death protects them. I just do not understand the context.
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2017
wirinet:

The reason i try to get directly involve in debates concerning "atrocities committed by Abrahamic Gods and their adherents" is because i am utterly appalled by their arguments trying to justify Murder, rape and even genocide (including infanticide). I have still not gotten over Olaadegu's and a few other christian argument that alleged genocide in the bible is justified because the lives taken does not belong to them but to their God, so it is justify for God to terminate the lives he created.
Stoning of women to death for adultery or being a non virgin while leaving or even rewarding her rapist or her co-adulterer is nothing more than demeaning and discrimination. The co-adulterer might even be among those stoning her to death. I do not see how stoning adulterous or non virgin women to death protects them. I just do not understand which context.

We are reading totally different bibles though :

Leviticus 20:10
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

21 And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's unclothedness; they shall be childless.

And the law for rape protects the woman not demean her - this has been discussed ad nauseum .
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by randomperson: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The laws protected them?? Can u please explain how stoning a person to death protects them? ...
Women were demeaned, it's not presupposition. It's logical conclusion drawn from the principles expressed in the verses of the bible. The bible says it's a shame for women to talk in church= demeaning. The bible says women are made for men=demeaning. These are principles that anecdotal evidence of exceptions don't nullify...
Re: "Women are made for men" -The Christian God by dalaman: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

And the law for rape protects the woman not demean her - this has been discussed ad nauseum .

Raping a lady and marrying her protects her how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? / DIG Haruna's Tragic Death Prophesied By?? Guess?? TB Joshua!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.